QF - (5) SDSU @ (4) Kennesaw

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10065
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:44 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

QF - (5) SDSU @ (4) Kennesaw

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:37 am

A bit of a toss-up here. South Dakota State's the better overall team, but it's in Kennesaw and the Owls have been the more consistent team of the two. It largely depends on which Jackrabbit team shows up: the one who played NDSU tough in Fargo & wasted Duquesne last week, or the one who needed OT to beat Indiana State & lost to Northern Iowa. I guess I'll bet on the former.

Here's my assessment of the matchups & my pick for the game:



        Quarterbacks -- South Dakota St.

        Running Backs - (push)

        Receivers/TEs - South Dakota St.

        Offensive Line - South Dakota St.


        Defensive Line - South Dakota St.

        Linebackers --- Kennesaw St.

        Secondary ---- South Dakota St.


        Kicking ------ Kennesaw St.

        Punting ------ (push)

        Return Teams - Kennesaw St.

        Kickoffs ------ (push)





          South Dakota St. 35-27 Kennesaw St.

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21283
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: QF - (5) SDSU @ (4) Kennesaw

Postby Gil Dobie » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:52 am

If it's close, I feel Kennesaw wins, otherwise SDSU scores big.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 1321
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:27 pm
I am a fan of: Montana State

Re: QF - (5) SDSU @ (4) Kennesaw

Postby SACCAT » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:57 am

Has SDSU played a triple option team this year? (I am to lazy to look it up). If not, that is always a tough thing to plan for in a short time. I still favor SDSU, but it will be a challenge.

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
Posts: 10065
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:44 pm
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: QF - (5) SDSU @ (4) Kennesaw

Postby Mvemjsunpx » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:07 am

SACCAT wrote:Has SDSU played a triple option team this year? (I am to lazy to look it up). If not, that is always a tough thing to plan for in a short time. I still favor SDSU, but it will be a challenge.


No, but they did play Cal Poly a couple years ago.

User avatar
crixus
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:00 pm
I am a fan of: South Dakota State

Re: QF - (5) SDSU @ (4) Kennesaw

Postby crixus » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:02 pm

Mvemjsunpx wrote:A bit of a toss-up here. South Dakota State's the better overall team, but it's in Kennesaw and the Owls have been the more consistent team of the two. It largely depends on which Jackrabbit team shows up: the one who played NDSU tough in Fargo & wasted Duquesne last week, or the one who needed OT to beat Indiana State & lost to Northern Iowa. I guess I'll bet on the former.

Here's my assessment of the matchups & my pick for the game:



        Quarterbacks -- South Dakota St.

        Running Backs - (push)

        Receivers/TEs - South Dakota St.

        Offensive Line - South Dakota St.


        Defensive Line - South Dakota St.

        Linebackers --- Kennesaw St.

        Secondary ---- South Dakota St.


        Kicking ------ Kennesaw St.

        Punting ------ (push)

        Return Teams - Kennesaw St.

        Kickoffs ------ (push)





          South Dakota St. 35-27 Kennesaw St.


I like your assessment. :thumb: Go Jacks!

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21283
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: QF - (5) SDSU @ (4) Kennesaw

Postby Gil Dobie » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:59 pm

SDSU will challenge next week.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 30565
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: QF - (5) SDSU @ (4) Kennesaw

Postby 89Hen » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:02 pm

So yeah.
Image

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21283
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: QF - (5) SDSU @ (4) Kennesaw

Postby Gil Dobie » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:18 pm

89Hen wrote:So yeah.


Delaware CAAnnot.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Gil Dobie
Level5
Level5
Posts: 21283
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:45 pm
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State
Location: Liberal Lakes

Re: QF - (5) SDSU @ (4) Kennesaw

Postby Gil Dobie » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:42 pm

There's your dagger.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 49177
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: QF - (5) SDSU @ (4) Kennesaw

Postby 93henfan » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:49 pm

I've Kenneseen enough.

Back to where we knew it would be. MVFC, CAA, and Big Sky left.

User avatar
crixus
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:00 pm
I am a fan of: South Dakota State

Re: QF - (5) SDSU @ (4) Kennesaw

Postby crixus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:21 pm

Nice win today SDSU. On to Fargo. Go Jacks!
Go Jacks!

dal4018
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8661
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:17 pm
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: QF - (5) SDSU @ (4) Kennesaw

Postby dal4018 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:35 am

93henfan wrote:I've Kenneseen enough.

Back to where we knew it would be. MVFC, CAA, and Big Sky left.

I thought that KSU was going to advance!!!!

User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 30565
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: QF - (5) SDSU @ (4) Kennesaw

Postby 89Hen » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:50 am

dal4018 wrote:
93henfan wrote:I've Kenneseen enough.

Back to where we knew it would be. MVFC, CAA, and Big Sky left.

I thought that KSU was going to advance!!!!

I'm not surprised you thought that.
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17726
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: QF - (5) SDSU @ (4) Kennesaw

Postby CID1990 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:03 pm

dal4018 wrote:
93henfan wrote:I've Kenneseen enough.

Back to where we knew it would be. MVFC, CAA, and Big Sky left.

I thought that KSU was going to advance!!!!


Oops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris


Return to “Championship Subdivision Football - FCS”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 45 guests