The Evolution Fail/Religion Hijack Thread

Political discussions
User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15833
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Don't call it Seattle...

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby Chizzang » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:09 pm

css75 wrote:

Your total lack of spiritual knowledge is amazing.



Please define "Spiritual Knowledge"

:geek:
The road to Salvation cannot be achieved through the use of logic or common sense
And such are the mysteries of Salvation...

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 39051
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby kalm » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:04 pm

css75 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Jesus remains a liberal, peace and neighbor loving, socialist hippie?

Cool! I like that guy! :nod:


He also hated sin.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


I didn’t think he hated anything? I thought he forgave sin and hate was not in his heart?

But please...do go on. What sin did he hate?
Image
Image
Image

∞∞∞
Level4
Level4
Posts: 9036
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby ∞∞∞ » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:03 am

Ibanez wrote:Do you know why eggs are apart of Easter? Go educate yourself, it’s interesting.

I figured it has to do with rebirth, but I looked it up and you're right, the history is interesting. :thumb:

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47581
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby Ibanez » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:28 am

css75 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Yeah... I’ve heard that. If that were so, we wouldn’t have Christians trying to hang up those useless 10 Commandments everywhere. Hell, my neighbor 5 houses down has a statue in his front yard, easily 4 ft high, with those commandment.

If those laws were “kaput”, slavers wouldn’t have used Exodus as a way to justify slavery.

If those laws were “kaput”, Christians wouldn’t be trotting out OT laws to condemn homosexuals and justify discrimination.

Yet, for laws that are supposedly “kaput” they are trotted out an awful lot- by both church leaders and lay people.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Your total lack of spiritual knowledge is amazing.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now that is just critical and the wrong attitude. I'm no scholar, but having graduated from Catholic schools (k-12), youth groups, weekly mass and multiple religious courses in college and afterwards, I feel i have a better understanding of religions and Christianity than most. Maybe not Joltin Joe, but still better than most.


And my questions were meant to point out the hypocrisy of the whole thing. Something you've missed.

The NT may have made the laws of the OT "kaput" (that was your word) but modern day Christians still fall back on them for various reasons.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47581
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby Ibanez » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:28 am

∞∞∞ wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Do you know why eggs are apart of Easter? Go educate yourself, it’s interesting.

I figured it has to do with rebirth, but I looked it up and you're right, the history is interesting. :thumb:

The rabbit and eggs seem weird but when you look up the history, it makes total sense. :thumb:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47581
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby Ibanez » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:30 am

Chizzang wrote:
css75 wrote:

Your total lack of spiritual knowledge is amazing.



Please define "Spiritual Knowledge"

:geek:

Believing the way he believes and not forming my own opinions based on years of education, research and participation.


Spoiler: show
I've never mentioned this on this board but before college, I strongly considered entering the priesthood. I was a hardcore Catholic. :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1046
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby css75 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:40 pm

Ibanez wrote:
css75 wrote:

Your total lack of spiritual knowledge is amazing.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now that is just critical and the wrong attitude. I'm no scholar, but having graduated from Catholic schools (k-12), youth groups, weekly mass and multiple religious courses in college and afterwards, I feel i have a better understanding of religions and Christianity than most. Maybe not Joltin Joe, but still better than most.


And my questions were meant to point out the hypocrisy of the whole thing. Something you've missed.

The NT may have made the laws of the OT "kaput" (that was your word) but modern day Christians still fall back on them for various reasons.


To answer you and Chizzang, while the NT message regarding homosexuality forbids the killing of them (OT commands it),the NT still considers it a sin. Romans 1 is quite clear. Personally, it makes no difference to me what anyone does, just stating the biblical position.

Some Christians are a bit obnoxious with the using of OT law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 3274
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:10 am
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby Silenoz » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:44 pm

Ibanez wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Please define "Spiritual Knowledge"

:geek:

Believing the way he believes and not forming my own opinions based on years of education, research and participation.


Spoiler: show
I've never mentioned this on this board but before college, I strongly considered entering the priesthood. I was a hardcore Catholic. :lol:

Damn liberal professors

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15833
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Don't call it Seattle...

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby Chizzang » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:06 pm

css75 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Now that is just critical and the wrong attitude. I'm no scholar, but having graduated from Catholic schools (k-12), youth groups, weekly mass and multiple religious courses in college and afterwards, I feel i have a better understanding of religions and Christianity than most. Maybe not Joltin Joe, but still better than most.


And my questions were meant to point out the hypocrisy of the whole thing. Something you've missed.

The NT may have made the laws of the OT "kaput" (that was your word) but modern day Christians still fall back on them for various reasons.


To answer you and Chizzang, while the NT message regarding homosexuality forbids the killing of them (OT commands it),the NT still considers it a sin. Romans 1 is quite clear. Personally, it makes no difference to me what anyone does, just stating the biblical position.

Some Christians are a bit obnoxious with the using of OT law.


So the apostle Paul is your God then..?


:geek:
The road to Salvation cannot be achieved through the use of logic or common sense
And such are the mysteries of Salvation...

css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1046
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby css75 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:33 pm

Chizzang wrote:
css75 wrote:
To answer you and Chizzang, while the NT message regarding homosexuality forbids the killing of them (OT commands it),the NT still considers it a sin. Romans 1 is quite clear. Personally, it makes no difference to me what anyone does, just stating the biblical position.

Some Christians are a bit obnoxious with the using of OT law.


So the apostle Paul is your God then..?


:geek:


Of course not.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15833
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Don't call it Seattle...

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby Chizzang » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:32 pm

css75 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
So the apostle Paul is your God then..?


:geek:


Of course not.



But you believe Paul decides what a sin is for all humans on earth
The road to Salvation cannot be achieved through the use of logic or common sense
And such are the mysteries of Salvation...

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15707
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby houndawg » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:35 am

Chizzang wrote:
css75 wrote:
Of course not.



But you believe Paul decides what a sin is for all humans on earth


:popcorn:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17687
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby CID1990 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:13 am

Hey wait a sec

I just realized that the title of this thread was that "evolution takes a faceplant"

I thought the idea of intelligent design actually incorporates evolution

that said, Im not seeing how evolution has been repudiated here


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7194
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby SeattleGriz » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:18 am

CID1990 wrote:Hey wait a sec

I just realized that the title of this thread was that "evolution takes a faceplant"

I thought the idea of intelligent design actually incorporates evolution

that said, Im not seeing how evolution has been repudiated here


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was letting everyone punch themselves out before coming back to that.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 39051
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: RE: Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby kalm » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:21 am

SeattleGriz wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Hey wait a sec

I just realized that the title of this thread was that "evolution takes a faceplant"

I thought the idea of intelligent design actually incorporates evolution

that said, Im not seeing how evolution has been repudiated here


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was letting everyone punch themselves out before coming back to that.


Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17687
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby CID1990 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:21 am

SeattleGriz wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Hey wait a sec

I just realized that the title of this thread was that "evolution takes a faceplant"

I thought the idea of intelligent design actually incorporates evolution

that said, Im not seeing how evolution has been repudiated here


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was letting everyone punch themselves out before coming back to that.


It seems you have already tipped your hand as a proponent of the bearded Santa in the sky

Evolution isn't a part of V'ger's grand design?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17687
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby CID1990 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:22 am

kalm wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:I was letting everyone punch themselves out before coming back to that.


Image


Can you not post busted links?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 39051
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby kalm » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:29 am

CID1990 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Image


Can you not post busted links?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


?
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7194
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby SeattleGriz » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:30 am

CID1990 wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:I was letting everyone punch themselves out before coming back to that.


It seems you have already tipped your hand as a proponent of the bearded Santa in the sky

Evolution isn't a part of V'ger's grand design?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everyone seems to have missed how I've worded my statement. Evolution has taken a faceplant due to it's now proven incorrect prediction that our DNA is filled with junk.

The science for such was completed by those not in the intelligent design field.

Simple analogy. You have an line, but forgot the whole y=mx + b thing, so you have to make a prediction as to what your y and x are. What do you do with your incorrect predictions? You throw them out.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15833
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Don't call it Seattle...

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby Chizzang » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:35 am

Apparently css75 tapped out...
That was easy

:geek:
The road to Salvation cannot be achieved through the use of logic or common sense
And such are the mysteries of Salvation...

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4080
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby UNI88 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:55 am

SeattleGriz wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
It seems you have already tipped your hand as a proponent of the bearded Santa in the sky

Evolution isn't a part of V'ger's grand design?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everyone seems to have missed how I've worded my statement. Evolution has taken a faceplant due to it's now proven incorrect prediction that our DNA is filled with junk.

The science for such was completed by those not in the intelligent design field.

Simple analogy. You have an line, but forgot the whole y=mx + b thing, so you have to make a prediction as to what your y and x are. What do you do with your incorrect predictions? You throw them out.
How much do you think the loss of junk DNA damages the credibility of evolution? I don't think it's quite as damaging as carbon dating is to the whole 6,000 year old planet theory of intelligent design.

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7194
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby SeattleGriz » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:10 am

UNI88 wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:Everyone seems to have missed how I've worded my statement. Evolution has taken a faceplant due to it's now proven incorrect prediction that our DNA is filled with junk.

The science for such was completed by those not in the intelligent design field.

Simple analogy. You have an line, but forgot the whole y=mx + b thing, so you have to make a prediction as to what your y and x are. What do you do with your incorrect predictions? You throw them out.
How much do you think the loss of junk DNA damages the credibility of evolution? I don't think it's quite as damaging as carbon dating is to the whole 6,000 year old planet theory of intelligent design.
Lol! I don't think it's damaging at all. Doesn't disprove Evolution, just shows there are aspects that need more work.

But I find it more than amusing to see a prediction proven false, but yet it incredibly strengthens the Evolution argument, as some say.

Only in the evolution and global warming fields do poor predictions magically have their results bolster the theory.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7194
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby SeattleGriz » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:40 pm

Another victory. Too much science for your feeble minds. Pussies.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47581
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby Ibanez » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:08 am

css75 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:Now that is just critical and the wrong attitude. I'm no scholar, but having graduated from Catholic schools (k-12), youth groups, weekly mass and multiple religious courses in college and afterwards, I feel i have a better understanding of religions and Christianity than most. Maybe not Joltin Joe, but still better than most.


And my questions were meant to point out the hypocrisy of the whole thing. Something you've missed.

The NT may have made the laws of the OT "kaput" (that was your word) but modern day Christians still fall back on them for various reasons.


To answer you and Chizzang, while the NT message regarding homosexuality forbids the killing of them (OT commands it),the NT still considers it a sin. Romans 1 is quite clear. Personally, it makes no difference to me what anyone does, just stating the biblical position.

Some Christians are a bit obnoxious with the using of OT law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Since you don't care what anyone does, I will assume you support Gays Rights? That seems to be the Republican Party's posture - people private lives should be their own and not the gov't.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

css75
Level2
Level2
Posts: 1046
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:45 pm

Oof! Evolution takes a faceplant.

Postby css75 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:54 am

Chizzang wrote:Apparently css75 tapped out...
That was easy



No, css is on vacation and had no internet. Here goes the reasoning everyone here loves: Paul was inspired b the Holy Spirit, thus inspired by God.

Will be without internet again for another day, will discuss vacation etc., when I get home.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests