A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Political discussions
User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10825
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby Col Hogan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:59 am

The nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to be the next Supreme Court justice is President Trump’s finest hour, his classiest move. Last week the president promised to select “someone with impeccable credentials, great intellect, unbiased judgment, and deep reverence for the laws and Constitution of the United States.” In picking Judge Kavanaugh, he has done just that.

In 2016, I strongly supported Hillary Clinton for president as well as President Barack Obama’s nominee for the Supreme Court, Judge Merrick Garland. But today, with the exception of the current justices and Judge Garland, it is hard to name anyone with judicial credentials as strong as those of Judge Kavanaugh. He sits on the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit (the most influential circuit court) and commands wide and deep respect among scholars, lawyers and jurists.


https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/09/opin ... &smtyp=cur

So, some liberals can put politics aside be patriotic, and look at the good of the country over party...I am impressed...

Too bad most on the left will now smear him...it’s already happening on Facebook...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

User avatar
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
Posts: 26275
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:12 am
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME
Location: Eastern Palouse

Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby andy7171 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:44 am

As I was looking at his family while he was being introduced, I thought to myself, why on earth wuld you accept this position, knowing full well that the opposition was going to destroy you and your family in the weeks and months to come.
CHANTS UP!!!

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15632
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby houndawg » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:23 am

Col Hogan wrote:
The nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to be the next Supreme Court justice is President Trump’s finest hour, his classiest move. Last week the president promised to select “someone with impeccable credentials, great intellect, unbiased judgment, and deep reverence for the laws and Constitution of the United States.” In picking Judge Kavanaugh, he has done just that.

In 2016, I strongly supported Hillary Clinton for president as well as President Barack Obama’s nominee for the Supreme Court, Judge Merrick Garland. But today, with the exception of the current justices and Judge Garland, it is hard to name anyone with judicial credentials as strong as those of Judge Kavanaugh. He sits on the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit (the most influential circuit court) and commands wide and deep respect among scholars, lawyers and jurists.


https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/09/opin ... &smtyp=cur

So, some liberals can put politics aside be patriotic, and look at the good of the country over party...I am impressed...

Too bad most on the left will now smear him...it’s already happening on Facebook...


I think you have a point - it isn't Kavanagh's fault that he got the gig in exchange for a pardon for Kennedy's crooked son who is currently being investigated for laundering Russian mob money when he wasn't loaning tons of money to Trump because US banks wouldn't touch Trump. He'll just have to live with an asterisk by his name. Sad to have to be the legacy of a crooked judge, going to taint every word he writes. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15632
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby houndawg » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:27 am

andy7171 wrote:As I was looking at his family while he was being introduced, I thought to myself, why on earth wuld you accept this position, knowing full well that the opposition was going to destroy you and your family in the weeks and months to come.



Let's just hope that he isn't as crooked as Kennedy.
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
Posts: 26275
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:12 am
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME
Location: Eastern Palouse

Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby andy7171 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:29 am

houndawg wrote:
andy7171 wrote:As I was looking at his family while he was being introduced, I thought to myself, why on earth wuld you accept this position, knowing full well that the opposition was going to destroy you and your family in the weeks and months to come.



Let's just hope that he isn't as crooked as Kennedy.

Shocking, I don't give a ****
CHANTS UP!!!

AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 3859
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:29 pm
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby AshevilleApp » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:05 pm

Col Hogan wrote:
The nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to be the next Supreme Court justice is President Trump’s finest hour, his classiest move. Last week the president promised to select “someone with impeccable credentials, great intellect, unbiased judgment, and deep reverence for the laws and Constitution of the United States.” In picking Judge Kavanaugh, he has done just that.

In 2016, I strongly supported Hillary Clinton for president as well as President Barack Obama’s nominee for the Supreme Court, Judge Merrick Garland. But today, with the exception of the current justices and Judge Garland, it is hard to name anyone with judicial credentials as strong as those of Judge Kavanaugh. He sits on the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit (the most influential circuit court) and commands wide and deep respect among scholars, lawyers and jurists.


https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/09/opin ... &smtyp=cur

So, some liberals can put politics aside be patriotic, and look at the good of the country over party...I am impressed...

Too bad most on the left will now smear him...it’s already happening on Facebook...


I agree, from everything I've seen he is qualified.

It was also really a shame when many conservatives couldn't put politics aside, look out for the good of the country over the party, and actually consider a nominee from Obama. Oh well, hopefully enough liberals will agree that Kavanaugh is qualified to avoid a protracted mess.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15632
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby houndawg » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:56 pm

AshevilleApp wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/09/opin ... &smtyp=cur

So, some liberals can put politics aside be patriotic, and look at the good of the country over party...I am impressed...

Too bad most on the left will now smear him...it’s already happening on Facebook...


I agree, from everything I've seen he is qualified.

It was also really a shame when many conservatives couldn't put politics aside, look out for the good of the country over the party, and actually consider a nominee from Obama. Oh well, hopefully enough liberals will agree that Kavanaugh is qualified to avoid a protracted mess.



We can't have somebody who just publicly fellated the leader of our main adversary nominating judges. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 38766
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby kalm » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:48 pm

houndawg wrote:
AshevilleApp wrote:
I agree, from everything I've seen he is qualified.

It was also really a shame when many conservatives couldn't put politics aside, look out for the good of the country over the party, and actually consider a nominee from Obama. Oh well, hopefully enough liberals will agree that Kavanaugh is qualified to avoid a protracted mess.



We can't have somebody who just publicly fellated the leader of our main adversary nominating judges. :coffee:


There’s one conservative in Congress with an understanding of the importance of the 4th Amendment. Kavanaugh certainly doesn’t appreciate it....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatl ... le/565418/
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 4033
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:30 am
I am a fan of: UNI
Location: On the foggy woggy banks of the Limpopo River

Re: RE: Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby UNI88 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:53 am

houndawg wrote:
AshevilleApp wrote:
I agree, from everything I've seen he is qualified.

It was also really a shame when many conservatives couldn't put politics aside, look out for the good of the country over the party, and actually consider a nominee from Obama. Oh well, hopefully enough liberals will agree that Kavanaugh is qualified to avoid a protracted mess.



We can't have somebody who just publicly fellated the leader of our main adversary nominating judges. :coffee:


Trump fellated Xi Jinping?

User avatar
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10825
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:29 am
I am a fan of: William & Mary
Location: Republic of Texas

Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby Col Hogan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:09 pm

houndawg wrote:
AshevilleApp wrote:
I agree, from everything I've seen he is qualified.

It was also really a shame when many conservatives couldn't put politics aside, look out for the good of the country over the party, and actually consider a nominee from Obama. Oh well, hopefully enough liberals will agree that Kavanaugh is qualified to avoid a protracted mess.



We can't have somebody who just publicly fellated the leader of our main adversary nominating judges. :coffee:


Hey Houndie, the 1980’s are calling....
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15632
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: RE: Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby houndawg » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:16 am

UNI88 wrote:
houndawg wrote:

We can't have somebody who just publicly fellated the leader of our main adversary nominating judges. :coffee:


Trump fellated Xi Jinping?


That was Kim Jong Un. :coffee:


Gotta know your Asians bro... :tothehand:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15632
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby houndawg » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:19 am

andy7171 wrote:As I was looking at his family while he was being introduced,I thought to myself, why on earth wuld you accept this position, knowing full well that the opposition was going to destroy you and your family in the weeks and months to come.



I think you really meant "wouldn't".... :rofl:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
Posts: 26275
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:12 am
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME
Location: Eastern Palouse

Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby andy7171 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:35 am

houndawg wrote:
andy7171 wrote:As I was looking at his family while he was being introduced,I thought to myself, why on earth wuld you accept this position, knowing full well that the opposition was going to destroy you and your family in the weeks and months to come.



I think you really meant "wouldn't".... :rofl:

LOL, just after contemplating how there are 57 states...
CHANTS UP!!!

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 20032
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby Ivytalk » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:08 am

Cory Booker is going full Ted Kennedy on this Kavanaugh. :rofl:
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15632
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby houndawg » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:25 am

Ivytalk wrote:Cory Booker is going full Ted Kennedy on this Kavanaugh. :rofl:



He's just the warmup act. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 20032
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby Ivytalk » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:58 am

houndawg wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Cory Booker is going full Ted Kennedy on this Kavanaugh. :rofl:



He's just the warmup act. :coffee:


Plenty of hysterical Donks for this clown show. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17509
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby CID1990 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:18 am

Ivytalk wrote:Cory Booker is going full Ted Kennedy on this Kavanaugh. :rofl:


I guess he feels like he’s been out of the camera eye too long since all those emotional confirmation hearings
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15632
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby houndawg » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:26 am

Ivytalk wrote:
houndawg wrote:

He's just the warmup act. :coffee:


Plenty of hysterical Donks for this clown show. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:



If I don't get Alex Jones Benghazi-level histrionics I'm going to feel cheated. I want go hear his mamas name...
Subvert the dominant paradigm

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 20032
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Postby Ivytalk » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:21 am

Rand Paul has fallen into line. Confirmation probably guaranteed now.
Don’t get me wrong. I am generally a fan of tax increases. — John “Bernie!” St. Onge 11/16/18


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ivytalk and 29 guests