Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Re: All Things California

Postby Col Hogan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:08 pm

kalm wrote:
Ibanez wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Which principles? All principles? Or did the founders cherry pick just the good ones?

Here, you tell me...

https://books.googleusercontent.com/boo ... ts9eBARHiA
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam

Postby kalm » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:09 pm

Col Hogan wrote:
kalm wrote:
Which principles? All principles? Or did the founders cherry pick just the good ones?

Here, you tell me...

So the whole bible is in there?

Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Postby Col Hogan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:10 pm

kalm wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:
Here, you tell me...

Is the Bible your go-to answer to everything?

It’s the Federalist Papers...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam

Postby kalm » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:18 pm

Col Hogan wrote:
kalm wrote:

Is the Bible your go-to answer to everything?

It’s the Federalist Papers...

Huh? That's not what I asked. But since you held up the Fedaralist Papers as evidence that judeo principles are what the constitution was founded on....

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Postby BDKJMU » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:39 pm

"More Californians are considering fleeing the state as they blame sky-high costs, survey finds
A growing number of Californians are contemplating moving the state due to the sky-high cost of living, with sentiment highest among millennials, according to a new study.
Fifty-three percent say they are considering fleeing, representing a jump over the 49 percent a year ago.
The poll conducted by Edelman Intelligence found the chief reason for dissatisfaction isn't wildfires or earthquakes but housing cost and availability.

......63 percent of millennials in the 2019 survey indicated they were considering a move from sunny California. The chief reason for dissatisfaction: housing.....

...Statewide, the median home value in California was $547,400 at the end of 2018, while the U.S. median home value was $223,900. By comparison, the median home value in New York state stood at $289,000 and $681,500 in New York City; New Jersey was $324,700.

The Edelman survey found 47 percent of Californians are considering moving out of the state in the next five years. Again, it found the rates among millennials were higher with 55 percent of them contemplating the move. And 57 percent of Californians with kids under 18 also were considering packing up and leaving in the next five years.

Chapman's Kotkin believes the next wave of discontent in California won't necessarily be focused on housing costs but taxes.

"Taxes are a real killer if you're upper middle class and whether you're a younger person trying to buy a house or you just want to be able to spend what you make," said Kotkin. "There's also concern among people looking to retire and having their income taxed into oblivion."

At 12.3 percent, California led the 50 states in 2018 with the highest top marginal tax rate, according to the Federation of Tax Administrators. And that doesn't include an additional 1-percent surcharge for those Californians with incomes of $1 million or more....."
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/12/growing ... urvey.html

css75
Level2
Level2

Postby css75 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:27 pm

Grizalltheway wrote:
css75 wrote:

Catholics used to operate a bunch of churches till Medicare started and the profiteers bought them up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We're talking about preventative care and other things here, not just people showing up at the ER.

Covers all that too.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Postby SDHornet » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:43 am

BDKJMU wrote:"More Californians are considering fleeing the state as they blame sky-high costs, survey finds
A growing number of Californians are contemplating moving the state due to the sky-high cost of living, with sentiment highest among millennials, according to a new study.
Fifty-three percent say they are considering fleeing, representing a jump over the 49 percent a year ago.
The poll conducted by Edelman Intelligence found the chief reason for dissatisfaction isn't wildfires or earthquakes but housing cost and availability.

......63 percent of millennials in the 2019 survey indicated they were considering a move from sunny California. The chief reason for dissatisfaction: housing.....

...Statewide, the median home value in California was $547,400 at the end of 2018, while the U.S. median home value was $223,900. By comparison, the median home value in New York state stood at $289,000 and $681,500 in New York City; New Jersey was $324,700.

The Edelman survey found 47 percent of Californians are considering moving out of the state in the next five years. Again, it found the rates among millennials were higher with 55 percent of them contemplating the move. And 57 percent of Californians with kids under 18 also were considering packing up and leaving in the next five years.

Chapman's Kotkin believes the next wave of discontent in California won't necessarily be focused on housing costs but taxes.

"Taxes are a real killer if you're upper middle class and whether you're a younger person trying to buy a house or you just want to be able to spend what you make," said Kotkin. "There's also concern among people looking to retire and having their income taxed into oblivion."

At 12.3 percent, California led the 50 states in 2018 with the highest top marginal tax rate, according to the Federation of Tax Administrators. And that doesn't include an additional 1-percent surcharge for those Californians with incomes of $1 million or more....."
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/12/growing ... urvey.html

Yes, please leave. I need the housing market to drop so I can swoop in on some rental properties. :nod:

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Postby houndawg » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:23 am

css75 wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:
The churches used to provide healthcare for those who couldn't afford it? Please tell me more. :lol:

Catholics used to operate a bunch of churches till Medicare started and the profiteers bought them up.

A front for the child sex ring they operated from the basement of a local pizza place... :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

Return to “Politics”