Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Political discussions
User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
Posts: 13377
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: **** Jagoff
Location: Throwing out my pussy fanboy T-shirt

Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:19 pm

The microsecond he shook hands

Image
Image

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe

∞∞∞
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8969
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby ∞∞∞ » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:31 pm

I genuinely wish Trump the best during the summit and I really hope lasting peace can be found (although I'm skeptical), but I think President Moon Jae-in definitely deserves it if things go well.

While Trump was threatening NK with destruction, Jae-in continued respectful communications with Kim Jong-Un and pushed for non-aggression between all parties involved.

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17272
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby CID1990 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:39 pm

I don't think we are to Nobel territory yet.

And ironically enough, it isn't Trump's peaceful overtures that have led to this - it was his belligerence

But given where the Nobel committee has set the bar for the Peace prize, Trump is as deserving as anyone, I guess.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47618
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:40 pm
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate
Location: Just to the right of center

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby AZGrizFan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:59 pm

CID1990 wrote:I don't think we are to Nobel territory yet.

And ironically enough, it isn't Trump's peaceful overtures that have led to this - it was his belligerence

But given where the Nobel committee has set the bar for the Peace prize, Trump is as deserving as anyone, I guess.


Are you forgetting how low the bar has been set with Obama’s? :lol:
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Image

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby BDKJMU » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:50 pm

phpBB [video]

:suspicious:
Houston: Made JMU Football Great Again.
-30-3
-29-1 vs IAA.
-18-0 vs CAA (JMU 20 straight wins vs CAA). 1st Yankee/A-10/CAA team ever to go undefeated in league play in back to back seasons.
-18-0 at home.

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17272
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby CID1990 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:03 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:I don't think we are to Nobel territory yet.

And ironically enough, it isn't Trump's peaceful overtures that have led to this - it was his belligerence

But given where the Nobel committee has set the bar for the Peace prize, Trump is as deserving as anyone, I guess.


Are you forgetting how low the bar has been set with Obama’s? :lol:


Well that kinda was what I was referring to

But the Nobel academy has made numerous other great picks that also helped to lessen the award

Yasser Arafat comes to mind
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
CitadelGrad
Level3
Level3
Posts: 4432
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:19 pm
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid
Location: St. Louis

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby CitadelGrad » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:34 am

∞∞∞ wrote:I genuinely wish Trump the best during the summit and I really hope lasting peace can be found (although I'm skeptical), but I think President Moon Jae-in definitely deserves it if things go well.

While Trump was threatening NK with destruction, Jae-in continued respectful communications with Kim Jong-Un and pushed for non-aggression between all parties involved.


That's kind of strange, considering the ROK president and foreign minister have both publicly credited Trump for bringing Rocket Man to the negotiating table.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Image

∞∞∞
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8969
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby ∞∞∞ » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:12 am

CitadelGrad wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:I genuinely wish Trump the best during the summit and I really hope lasting peace can be found (although I'm skeptical), but I think President Moon Jae-in definitely deserves it if things go well.

While Trump was threatening NK with destruction, Jae-in continued respectful communications with Kim Jong-Un and pushed for non-aggression between all parties involved.


That's kind of strange, considering the ROK president and foreign minister have both publicly credited Trump for bringing Rocket Man to the negotiating table.

It's no secret that flattering Trump will get him to bend for you. That's why Trump is a dangerous President, both domestically and internationally. His policies often are based on how people treat him instead of actual historical, economic, social, or human right contexts...kinda like a dictator.

America is Trump's bitch. Trump is everyone else's.

So let's not pretend it was Trump who saw the advantage of bringing Kim-Jong Un to the table; it was South Korea's new leadership which saw the advantage of bringing Trump to the table. But credit where credit it due, at least Trump went along on the ride (although it doesn't seem like the summit brought about anything tangible, but you gotta start somewhere).

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48370
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby 93henfan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:32 am

Trip feigns support for the effort in his first post and comes around to his true colors quickly. :lol:

Liberals are dreading this whole thing. I’d love to have video of JSO last night.

Hey, why shouldn’t Trump get the Nobel Peace Prize? Obama got it nine months into his presidency for... well, nobody really knows. For being black I guess. Oh, and for sewing the seeds to destabilize numerous countries in the Middle East as well.

At least Trump is actually accomplishing things and putting America first.

∞∞∞
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8969
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby ∞∞∞ » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:52 am

93henfan wrote:Trip feigns support for the effort in his first post and comes around to his true colors quickly. :lol:

Liberals are dreading this whole thing. I’d love to have video of JSO last night.

Hey, why shouldn’t Trump get the Nobel Peace Prize? Obama got it nine months into his presidency for... well, nobody really knows. For being black I guess. Oh, and for sewing the seeds to destabilize numerous countries in the Middle East as well.

At least Trump is actually accomplishing things and putting America first.

FWIW, I've always disagreed about Obama's Peace Prize; he did nothing to earn it.

And no, Trump isn't accomplishing anything but retreating the US' place in the World. He's threatened and implemented tariffs against long-standing allies, sucked Putin's dick time and time again, put us in a burgeoning trade war with China, weakened America's word by taking back the Iran deal, stirred up hateful rhetoric against immigrants and Muslims, and our military forces are now killing civilians in the Middle East at an unprecedented pace. So while I want America to succeed with these specific peace talks, I'm not going to pretend Trump is genuinely interested in peace.

Ultimately people like Trump always, without fail, end up on the wrong side of history.

User avatar
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 48370
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby 93henfan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:50 am

Salty! :lol:


The anguish of the left is delightful.

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 38520
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby kalm » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:22 am

I think he deserves for his work in Syria. We haven't heard **** from the warzone in months!
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17272
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby CID1990 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:28 am

∞∞∞ wrote:
93henfan wrote:Trip feigns support for the effort in his first post and comes around to his true colors quickly. :lol:

Liberals are dreading this whole thing. I’d love to have video of JSO last night.

Hey, why shouldn’t Trump get the Nobel Peace Prize? Obama got it nine months into his presidency for... well, nobody really knows. For being black I guess. Oh, and for sewing the seeds to destabilize numerous countries in the Middle East as well.

At least Trump is actually accomplishing things and putting America first.

FWIW, I've always disagreed about Obama's Peace Prize; he did nothing to earn it.

And no, Trump isn't accomplishing anything but retreating the US' place in the World. He's threatened and implemented tariffs against long-standing allies, sucked Putin's dick time and time again, put us in a burgeoning trade war with China, weakened America's word by taking back the Iran deal, stirred up hateful rhetoric against immigrants and Muslims, and our military forces are now killing civilians in the Middle East at an unprecedented pace. So while I want America to succeed with these specific peace talks, I'm not going to pretend Trump is genuinely interested in peace.

Ultimately people like Trump always, without fail, end up on the wrong side of history.


You are literally a walking Salon talking points list
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 11520
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Skjellyfetti » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:40 am

Pretty predictable. :lol:

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)


∞∞∞
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8969
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby ∞∞∞ » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:42 am

I don't read Salon. My primary sources of information are C-SPAN and NPR. C-SPAN in particular is as balanced as it gets.

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47154
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Ibanez » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:54 am

AZGrizFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:I don't think we are to Nobel territory yet.

And ironically enough, it isn't Trump's peaceful overtures that have led to this - it was his belligerence

But given where the Nobel committee has set the bar for the Peace prize, Trump is as deserving as anyone, I guess.


Are you forgetting how low the bar has been set with Obama’s? :lol:

No he isn't...he's noting the bar is set low.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47154
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Ibanez » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:03 am

Little if anything came out of this summit. We aren't going to hold "war games" with S. Korea b/c it upsets the NorKors but aside from that, we didn't get anything. There aren't any specifics. No cessation of their cyber attacks (which have been increasing the past few months). No release of political prisoners from their camps.

However - that doesn't mean much, I guess, because this was an opening salvo. Continued meetings, and then actual progress with determine if this summit was worthwhile. Reagan met with Gorbachev several times. The Middle East Peace Accords didn't happen over one, 5 hour meeting. We will see what happens. I'll say this - I think the world is a lot safer than it was a few months ago when Kim and Trump were lobbing insults and threats of destruction.

As for any agreement - Trump has shown he'll walk away from an agreement - even one that he's good with, if there's any attack on his delicate sensibilities (see G7).

Let's not also forget that this is hardly the first time the NorKors have agreed to something. Kim's father and grandfather weren't known for holding up their end of the bargain.

My hope is that it doesn't end up like this:

Image
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 9471
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO
Location: The Panther State

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby HI54UNI » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:08 am

∞∞∞ wrote:
93henfan wrote:Trip feigns support for the effort in his first post and comes around to his true colors quickly. :lol:

Liberals are dreading this whole thing. I’d love to have video of JSO last night.

Hey, why shouldn’t Trump get the Nobel Peace Prize? Obama got it nine months into his presidency for... well, nobody really knows. For being black I guess. Oh, and for sewing the seeds to destabilize numerous countries in the Middle East as well.

At least Trump is actually accomplishing things and putting America first.

FWIW, I've always disagreed about Obama's Peace Prize; he did nothing to earn it.

And no, Trump isn't accomplishing anything but retreating the US' place in the World. He's threatened and implemented tariffs against long-standing allies, sucked Putin's dick time and time again, put us in a burgeoning trade war with China, weakened America's word by taking back the Iran deal, stirred up hateful rhetoric against immigrants and Muslims, and our military forces are now killing civilians in the Middle East at an unprecedented pace. So while I want America to succeed with these specific peace talks, I'm not going to pretend Trump is genuinely interested in peace.

Ultimately people like Trump always, without fail, end up on the wrong side of history.


You forgot weakening America's word and threatening the whole planet by pulling out of the Paris Climate Agreement.

:roll:
Image

All my posts are satire.

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47154
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Ibanez » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:35 am

HI54UNI wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:FWIW, I've always disagreed about Obama's Peace Prize; he did nothing to earn it.

And no, Trump isn't accomplishing anything but retreating the US' place in the World. He's threatened and implemented tariffs against long-standing allies, sucked Putin's dick time and time again, put us in a burgeoning trade war with China, weakened America's word by taking back the Iran deal, stirred up hateful rhetoric against immigrants and Muslims, and our military forces are now killing civilians in the Middle East at an unprecedented pace. So while I want America to succeed with these specific peace talks, I'm not going to pretend Trump is genuinely interested in peace.

Ultimately people like Trump always, without fail, end up on the wrong side of history.


You forgot ugly, lazy, and disrespectful.

:roll:


FIFY
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 31437
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby CAA Flagship » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:53 am

kalm wrote:I think he deserves for his work in Syria. We haven't heard **** from the warzone in months!

You are judging reality based on media coverage. Be careful.
I heard a report that after the first bombing of the base in Syria, there were several more chemical attacks. But the media barely covered it. **** like Stormy Daniels was more important.

User avatar
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
Posts: 31437
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 pm
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
Location: Pizza Hell

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby CAA Flagship » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:57 am

In football terms, this is the first time the team of peaceful nations crossed the 50 yard line in peace talks with the NoKos. Still a ways to go before a TD is scored, but we finally have a QB that has the determination to do it. :thumb:

User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 5537
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Pwns » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:00 am

It's amusing to watch people who gushed over the Iran deal now acting more like realists in diplomacy with rogue states.

I agree with Chizzy, though, that this is happening because of what happened to the missile test site. And while Trump had nothing to do with that, there's at least reason to hope that this iteration of talking to Norky will go differently.
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 11315
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby GannonFan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:28 am

Pwns wrote:
I agree with Chizzy, though, that this is happening because of what happened to the missile test site.


First of all, it wasn't a missile test site, it was a nuclear test site. Remember, it was underground. They weren't shooting missiles off underground. That would've needed to be one heck of an underground cavern to be able to stage missile launches in it, and the last time anyone dug that deeply they ran into that Balrog. Second, why would that matter? They clearly know how to detonate a nuclear weapon. How often do they really need to blow up something underground to prove that? They were only still doing it to remind the media that they could do it. Functionally, they can already put a nuclear weapon on a missile - again, no need for additional underground testing to do that. I'm sure the place caved in, but in real terms, it doesn't really matter.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47154
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby Ibanez » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:30 am

GannonFan wrote:
Pwns wrote:
I agree with Chizzy, though, that this is happening because of what happened to the missile test site.


First of all, it wasn't a missile test site, it was a nuclear test site. Remember, it was underground. They weren't shooting missiles off underground. That would've needed to be one heck of an underground cavern to be able to stage missile launches in it, and the last time anyone dug that deeply they ran into that Balrog. Second, why would that matter? They clearly know how to detonate a nuclear weapon. How often do they really need to blow up something underground to prove that? Heck, They were only still doing it to remind the media that they could do it. Functionally, they can already put a nuclear weapon on a missile - again, no need for additional underground testing to do that. I'm sure the place caved in, but in real terms, it doesn't really matter.

FIFY
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
Posts: 13377
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: **** Jagoff
Location: Throwing out my pussy fanboy T-shirt

Re: Trump Deserves the Nobel Peace Prize

Postby ALPHAGRIZ1 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:37 am

93henfan wrote:Salty! :lol:


The anguish of the left is delightful.


I agree!

Its funny to watch them twist reality so they can wrap their limited intellect around Trumps success.

They are more dangerous to America than ISIS
Image

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 61 guests