kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Ben Shapiro Breaks Down Net Neutrality

Post by kalm »

:rofl:

It builds up a head of steam about half way through...

phpBB [video]
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Re: Ben Shapiro Breaks Down Net Neutrality

Post by Chizzang »

This ^

What's sad is that some generally free thinking people like many conservatives on this forum
Are repeating some of the false statements Shapiro blurts out
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

The problem with net neutrality is that it is a huge jumble of regulations and laws that result in a series of benefits while also creating a series of problems and potential abuses - and. both sides have legitimate arguments

personally I have a problem with government regulating ISPs because of the potential for abuses we have already seen with the NSC, and thats just the tip of the iceberg

ultimately the net needs to be declared a public utility (and preferably by SCOTUS ) which would serve the dual purpose of neutering Comcast's ability to control it, while also limiting the government's ability to control how the public uses it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

CID1990 wrote:The problem with net neutrality is that it is a huge jumble of regulations and laws that result in a series of benefits while also creating a series of problems and potential abuses - and. both sides have legitimate arguments

personally I have a problem with government regulating ISPs because of the potential for abuses we have already seen with the NSC, and thats just the tip of the iceberg

ultimately the net needs to be declared a public utility (and preferably by SCOTUS ) which would serve the dual purpose of neutering Comcast's ability to control it, while also limiting the government's ability to control how the public uses it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:nod:

As with a lot of things the rest of the modern world figured this out a while ago.
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

Chizzang wrote:This ^

What's sad is that some generally free thinking people like many conservatives on this forum
The most egregious false statements are from the creepy computer voice guy (not surprising). Everything he listed in the parade of horribles..the $50,000,000,000 access fees etc. are and were already illegal by no less than 4-5 provisions of 3 different Federal statutes.

My God, how did the internet survive before being saved by Title II in February of 2015. :jack: :dunce:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

Baldy wrote:

The most egregious false statements are from the creepy computer voice guy (not surprising). Everything he listed in the parade of horribles..the $50,000,000,000 access fees etc. are and were already illegal by no less than 4-5 provisions of 3 different Federal statutes.

My God, how did the internet survive before being saved by Title II in February of 2015. :jack: :dunce:
Baldness...
"Comcast is the largest internet provider in the country. It's also the largest broadcaster and cable TV provider in the nation. And now it's dipping its toe into mobile. But Comcast also owns NBCUniversal, NBC, Telemundo, Universal Pictures, Focus Features, DreamWorks, USA, Bravo, SyFy, E!, a bunch of regional sports stations and more.

And Comcast has already been caught, repeatedly, violating the spirit of net neutrality, if not the letter of the law. In both 2012 and 2015 the company came under fire for excluding its own streaming services from data caps while counting Netflix and Hulu, putting them at a distinct disadvantage. This even led to an investigation by the Department of Justice in 2012..."

So the Republican response is:
lets hand them the keys to the whole thing and remove all regulation

:rofl:

Ah yes...
https://www.engadget.com/2017/05/18/fcc ... lity-1996/
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Hey Chizz, have you read Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Who?

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

its about data haven
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Then why repeat anything from his mouth if you know its a lie??????
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

The piece is debunking his schtick