Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Political discussions
User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10418
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SDHornet » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:07 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:HPSCI is such a shitshow. :lol:

I don't think they feuded so much with Obama's DOJ.


How long did Obama's DOJ fail to comply with a Congressional subpoena for documents? And can anyone expect the HPSCI to complete its investigation without the documents it has under subpoena?

2nd question is rhetorical...because that's exactly why the DOJ has not complied (and probably won't comply)...of course anyone with a brain already knows that. :coffee:

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 11172
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:53 am

Obama's DOJ? Are you talking about something different? :? HPSCI subpoenaed DOJ and FBI in August 2017. Sessions, Rosenstein, and Wray are all Trump appointees.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/34933 ... mp-dossier
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 45775
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Ibanez » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:56 am

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-lawyer- ... d=55861988

Cohen, now with no legal representation, is likely to cooperate with federal prosecutors in New York, sources said. This development, which is believed to be imminent, will likely hit the White House, family members, staffers and counsels hard.



That sound you just heard was SKJelly climaxing at the prospect of Cohen flipping. Image
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 11172
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:18 am

And, a pretty good possibility Manafort will be heading to jail on Friday - where Mueller and Co can really crank up the pressure and where he'll be safe from polonium tea.

Image

And, how the **** is Cohen still RNC Deputy Finance Chair? :rofl:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)



User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10418
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SDHornet » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:58 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:Obama's DOJ? Are you talking about something different? :? HPSCI subpoenaed DOJ and FBI in August 2017. Sessions, Rosenstein, and Wray are all Trump appointees.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/34933 ... mp-dossier

Yes that's exactly my point, Obama's DOJ didn't have to feud because they were Obama's "wingman". Also not sure what Trump appointees have to do with this since the HPSCI investigation is dating back to what the FBI was doing pre-Trump presidency. For someone following this issue so closely over the last year and a half I thought you would understand that.

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 11172
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:28 pm

SDHornet wrote:Yes that's exactly my point, Obama's DOJ didn't have to feud because they were Obama's "wingman".


Obama's DOJ didn't have to feud with HPSCI because they were Obama's "wingman"? What? :suspicious:

SDHornet wrote:Also not sure what Trump appointees have to do with this since the HPSCI investigation is dating back to what the FBI was doing pre-Trump presidency.


We were discussing congressional subpoenas and DOJ and FBI's objection and resulting fallout.

The DOJO and FBI officials fighting the subpoenas are Trump appointees.




But, anyway..... The IG report you've been so excited about the should be released today. Should finally expose the Deep State conspiracy. :coffee:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)



User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 29230
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby 89Hen » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:30 am

Skjellyfetti wrote:But, anyway..... The IG report you've been so excited about the should be released today. Should finally expose the Deep State conspiracy. :coffee:

http://www.newsweek.com/strzok-page-stop-trump-977479

One of the two top former FBI officials accused of improper bias against then-candidate Donald Trump reportedly even suggested they could “stop” Trump from becoming president, according to newly revealed text messages in the Department of Justice Inspector General’s report on the Hillary Clinton private email server investigation.

Former FBI lawyer and aide Lisa Page wrote to ex-FBI investigator Peter Strzok a seemingly distressed message, according to Bloomberg News on Thursday. The media outlet obtained an early copy of the report that’s expected to be released later in the afternoon. “[Trump’s] not ever going to become president right? Right?!” Page wrote to Strzok.

Strzok replied: “No. No he’s not. We’ll stop it.”
Image

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 13754
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby BDKJMU » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:48 pm

Page resigned last month. Question is, why hasn’t Strok been fired (or at least forced to resign) yet from the FBI?
Last edited by BDKJMU on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Houston: Made JMU Football Great Again.
28-2, 27-1 vs IAA, 17-0 at Bridgeforth, 17-0 vs the CAA.
1st Yankee/A-10/CAA team ever to go undefeated in league play in back to back seasons.

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 11172
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:16 pm

89Hen wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:But, anyway..... The IG report you've been so excited about the should be released today. Should finally expose the Deep State conspiracy. :coffee:

http://www.newsweek.com/strzok-page-stop-trump-977479

One of the two top former FBI officials accused of improper bias against then-candidate Donald Trump reportedly even suggested they could “stop” Trump from becoming president, according to newly revealed text messages in the Department of Justice Inspector General’s report on the Hillary Clinton private email server investigation.

Former FBI lawyer and aide Lisa Page wrote to ex-FBI investigator Peter Strzok a seemingly distressed message, according to Bloomberg News on Thursday. The media outlet obtained an early copy of the report that’s expected to be released later in the afternoon. “[Trump’s] not ever going to become president right? Right?!” Page wrote to Strzok.

Strzok replied: “No. No he’s not. We’ll stop it.”


And, IG found that he never conducted his work with bias.

Our review did not find evidence to connect the political views expressed in these messages to the specific investigative decisions that we reviewed; rather, consistent with the analytic approach described above, we found that these specific decisions were the result of discretionary judgments made during the course of an investigation by the Midyear agents and prosecutors and that these judgment calls were not unreasonable.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)



User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 29230
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby 89Hen » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:21 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:


And, IG found that he never conducted his work with bias.

Our review did not find evidence to connect the political views expressed in these messages to the specific investigative decisions that we reviewed; rather, consistent with the analytic approach described above, we found that these specific decisions were the result of discretionary judgments made during the course of an investigation by the Midyear agents and prosecutors and that these judgment calls were not unreasonable.


Also, does a good job of explaining why Clinton wasn't prosecuted. :thumb:

Horowitz's report said that message "not only indicative of a biased state of mind but, even more seriously, implies a willingness to take official action to impact the presidential candidate’s electoral prospects. This is antithetical to the core values of the FBI and the Department of Justice."
Image

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 37498
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby kalm » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:27 pm

89Hen wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
And, IG found that he never conducted his work with bias.



Also, does a good job of explaining why Clinton wasn't prosecuted. :thumb:

Horowitz's report said that message "not only indicative of a biased state of mind but, even more seriously, implies a willingness to take official action to impact the presidential candidate’s electoral prospects. This is antithetical to the core values of the FBI and the Department of Justice."


Horowitz is becoming as goofy as Gullianni. :lol:
Last edited by kalm on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 11172
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:27 pm

I don't dispute he had a "biased state of mind" - who doesn't? As long as it didn't effect his work - I don't see a grand Deep State conspiracy.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)



User avatar
89Hen
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
Posts: 29230
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:13 pm
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: Fisher of Men

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby 89Hen » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:37 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:I don't dispute he had a "biased state of mind" - who doesn't? As long as it didn't effect his work - I don't see a grand Deep State conspiracy.

Conspiracy? No. Bad agents.... YES.

Strzok replied: “No. No he’s not. We’ll stop it.”

Having a bias and using it are very different.
Image

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 11172
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:40 pm

Neither were involved with investigating Trump when that was written.

Yes. Having a bias and using it are different. The IG found that they did not act with bias while performing their duties.

I don't really disagree with the bad agents bit. They were pretty dumb to be texting like that on work phones.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)



User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10418
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SDHornet » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:44 pm

:lol: @ jelly trying to spin this. :lol:

So the new tag line is "bad agent"? :lol:

Yeah, a career bureaucrat high ranking FBI agent going it alone. Sure, sounds legit...except for McCabe turning states evidence and the IG report recommending investigations for 5 other FBI agents. :lol:

Image
:rofl:

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 13754
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby BDKJMU » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:03 pm

More corrupt FBI agents. "Agent 1" and "Agent 5"
https://www.weeklystandard.com/eric-fel ... estigation
Houston: Made JMU Football Great Again.
28-2, 27-1 vs IAA, 17-0 at Bridgeforth, 17-0 vs the CAA.
1st Yankee/A-10/CAA team ever to go undefeated in league play in back to back seasons.

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 11172
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:26 pm

SDHornet wrote::lol: @ jelly trying to spin this. :lol:

So the new tag line is "bad agent"? :lol:


89Hen brought that up. I was just agreeing with him. :thumb:


Trump's handpicked FBI director:

The report did not find any evidence of political bias or improper consideration actually impacting the investigation under review


Trump blasting the IG report as BS this morning. :rofl:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)



User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 11172
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:51 am

And, Pasha Manafort gets his bail revoked for witness tampering with his handler. :rofl:

He'll die in prison unless he starts singing. :coffee:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)



User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 11172
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:03 am

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
Lawyers representing Prigozhin filed a motion. That's it.

Sounds to me like you're hoping the judge rules in favor Prigozhin and against Mueller. Am I wrong?


I don't have hopes one way or the other- but coming from you that question is RICH, Mister Casual Observer

I do like seeing due process run its course though

Watch what happens with this "just a motion"


Motion 1: DENIED.




:rofl:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)



User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6643
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SeattleGriz » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:16 am

BDKJMU wrote:Page resigned last month. Question is, why hasn’t Strok been fired (or at least forced to resign) yet from the FBI?


Only way I could think of is if he was rolling over and providing information to Horowitz. Same with Bruce Ohr. Been demoted twice, but still not fired.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 13754
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby BDKJMU » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:06 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:And, Pasha Manafort gets his bail revoked for witness tampering with his handler. :rofl:

He'll die in prison unless he starts singing. :coffee:

No he won't. Trump will pardon him, as he should pardon anyone who Mueller gets a conviction on in his fishing expedition that was outside his mandate of investigating Russian collusion...
Houston: Made JMU Football Great Again.
28-2, 27-1 vs IAA, 17-0 at Bridgeforth, 17-0 vs the CAA.
1st Yankee/A-10/CAA team ever to go undefeated in league play in back to back seasons.

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 11172
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:28 pm

Ok. He won't be able to plead the fifth if Mueller wants his testimony for his investigation of others (read: Trump)...

And, there always overlapping state crimes. Many of the financial crimes are also state crimes.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)



User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 16221
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby CID1990 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:25 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I don't have hopes one way or the other- but coming from you that question is RICH, Mister Casual Observer

I do like seeing due process run its course though

Watch what happens with this "just a motion"


Motion 1: DENIED.




:rofl:


Keep following, Jelly

Your "disinterest" in all of this (and me) is quite meticulous

I did expect the judge to rule favorably to the defendant - but I forgot that this was in reference to the grand jury and not the actual trial

an actual trial which the defense will actually push for in Concord's case (and will never get)

I guess you gotta take your wins where you can get them, Jelly


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 11172
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:17 pm

Yeah, I've gained about 50 pounds from all of these nothingburbers. Much higher calories than advertised. :ohno:
Last edited by Skjellyfetti on Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)



User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 37498
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby kalm » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:30 pm

CID1990 wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
Motion 1: DENIED.




:rofl:


Keep following, Jelly

Your "disinterest" in all of this (and me) is quite meticulous

I did expect the judge to rule favorably to the defendant - but I forgot that this was in reference to the grand jury and not the actual trial

an actual trial which the defense will actually push for in Concord's case (and will never get)

I guess you gotta take your wins where you can get them, Jelly


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


You are fighting pretty hard to defend Trump.
Image
Image
Image


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chizzang, HI54UNI, Pwns and 38 guests