Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Political discussions
User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17281
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby CID1990 » Sat May 12, 2018 9:40 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:Yeah. And, it doesn't mean anything until a judge agrees. Like Philip Berg filing a motion that Obama was an illegitimate President because he was born in Kenya. Until a federal judge agrees... it doesn't mean much.


Until a judge agrees on discovery? LAWL

That's like saying "until a judge agrees the defendant has a right to counsel"

They filed a discovery motion

Mueller asked for a delay (hmm)

The judge denied the Mueller request

He'll have to give the judge some pretty fantastical reason why the defense isn't entitled to the evidence against their client


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15582
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby houndawg » Sun May 13, 2018 5:11 am

SDHornet wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:
Lawyers representing Prighozhin filed a motion. That's it.

Sounds to me like you're hoping the judge rules in favor Prighozhin and against Mueller. Am I wrong?

Again, how are you deriving that from me making light of super justice teams blunders? Sounds like you are deflecting from said blunders. :suspicious:


nice answer to the question from Mr...but...but...hildamort...foundation... :lol:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7032
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SeattleGriz » Sun May 13, 2018 5:11 am

Skjellyfetti wrote:Yeah. And, it doesn't mean anything until a judge agrees. Like Philip Berg filing a motion that Obama was an illegitimate President because he was born in Kenya. Until a federal judge agrees... it doesn't mean much.
Clinton's buddy Blumenthal started that whole Kenya rumor you know. Why do you think Obama refused to let him have a job in Hillary's State Department.
Everything is better with Montana.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15582
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby houndawg » Sun May 13, 2018 5:16 am

SeattleGriz wrote:
SDHornet wrote:How do you derive that from me making light of the super justice team totally blundering away their whole approach to the troll farm case? Seems like they went at this case for the headlines and to feed into the "Russia" narrative with little to no intention of actually taking it to court. Whoops.
Be very embarrassing if they have to drop their case.


Yeah especially after 17 indictments and 5 guilty pleas. So far. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15582
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby houndawg » Sun May 13, 2018 5:18 am

SDHornet wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:As with all this stuff, hard to tell where the truth is, but Concord Catering is the proverbial ham sandwich. They are saying Mueller indictment was for a time frame before they were around. The special Prosecutor indicted a ham sandwich.

It's the other Concord group that has pleaded not guilty and has asked for discovery documents. That's why Mueller would have to drop them-he doesn't want his information out there. He didn't expect a plea, or lawyers.

Careful, jellybean will accuse you of being a Russian sympathizer...or whatever he is trying to do. :roll: :lol:

Oh and :rofl: @ the super justice team indicting a company that didn't exist.


I'm surprised that people keep pleading guilty to these Keystone Cop Republicans. :shock:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7032
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SeattleGriz » Sun May 13, 2018 6:54 am

houndawg wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:Be very embarrassing if they have to drop their case.


Yeah especially after 17 indictments and 5 guilty pleas. So far. :coffee:


From the aspect this was supposed to be their big haul. Added legitimacy to their case. They actually had some Russians they could blame. This one is going to be interesting.

The other case in which Mueller is being challenged is Manafort's, in which the judge asked Mueller why he was bringing up stuff from 2005 for a 2016 collusion investigation. From the articles I have read, this one will proceed as planned. So this is the boring trial. The one where they finally decide to hold someone accountable for **** they've been doing in DC for forever.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15428
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Don't call it Seattle...

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Chizzang » Sun May 13, 2018 8:52 am

SeattleGriz wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Yeah especially after 17 indictments and 5 guilty pleas. So far. :coffee:


From the aspect this was supposed to be their big haul. Added legitimacy to their case. They actually had some Russians they could blame. This one is going to be interesting.

The other case in which Mueller is being challenged is Manafort's, in which the judge asked Mueller why he was bringing up stuff from 2005 for a 2016 collusion investigation. From the articles I have read, this one will proceed as planned. So this is the boring trial. The one where they finally decide to hold someone accountable for **** they've been doing in DC for forever.


It feels better if you keep telling yourself that...

:nod:

and don't forget, something - something - Hilary

Image
The road to Salvation cannot be achieved through the use of logic or common sense
And such are the mysteries of Salvation...

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7032
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SeattleGriz » Sun May 13, 2018 10:29 am

Chizzang wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:
From the aspect this was supposed to be their big haul. Added legitimacy to their case. They actually had some Russians they could blame. This one is going to be interesting.

The other case in which Mueller is being challenged is Manafort's, in which the judge asked Mueller why he was bringing up stuff from 2005 for a 2016 collusion investigation. From the articles I have read, this one will proceed as planned. So this is the boring trial. The one where they finally decide to hold someone accountable for **** they've been doing in DC for forever.


It feels better if you keep telling yourself that...

:nod:

and don't forget, something - something - Hilary

Image
Oh, I don't think much is going to happen to anyone of consequence, but will admit having fun following the two current righty conspiracies about Mueller.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 38522
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby kalm » Sun May 13, 2018 12:59 pm

SeattleGriz wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
It feels better if you keep telling yourself that...

:nod:

and don't forget, something - something - Hilary

Image
Oh, I don't think much is going to happen to anyone of consequence, but will admit having fun following the two current righty conspiracies about Mueller.


We call it corruption, lawlessness, socialism, totalitarianism when it happens elsewhere. In ‘Murcia it’s called non-collusion, or campaign finance, or lobbying, or speech.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17281
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby CID1990 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:29 pm

houndawg wrote:
SeattleGriz wrote:Be very embarrassing if they have to drop their case.


Yeah especially after 17 indictments and 5 guilty pleas. So far. :coffee:


At least one of those indictments was the "proverbial ham sandwich":

https://www.docdroid.net/ytSx83s/usa-v- ... pdf#page=4

That's some real Matlock work right there
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10786
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SDHornet » Mon May 14, 2018 9:52 pm

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Yeah especially after 17 indictments and 5 guilty pleas. So far. :coffee:


At least one of those indictments was the "proverbial ham sandwich":

https://www.docdroid.net/ytSx83s/usa-v- ... pdf#page=4

That's some real Matlock work right there

Don't forget about the Flynn case/plea which now has its own debacle associated with it.

Real bang up job the super justice league team is doing in this investigation...

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 11524
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Tue May 15, 2018 4:51 am

What's the debacle with the Flynn plea deal?

You aren't talking about the rumors from 5 or 6 months ago that the judge was about to throw out his plea deal and exonerate him are you?

That didn't really pan out. :coffee: Judge just recently extended the timeline for his sentencing since he still has some cooperating to do.

Is there something else?
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)


User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7032
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SeattleGriz » Tue May 15, 2018 8:14 am

Skjellyfetti wrote:What's the debacle with the Flynn plea deal?

You aren't talking about the rumors from 5 or 6 months ago that the judge was about to throw out his plea deal and exonerate him are you?

That didn't really pan out. :coffee: Judge just recently extended the timeline for his sentencing since he still has some cooperating to do.

Is there something else?
Yes. That there is a difference in what the FBI has said, including Comey. The agents notes from their interview with Flynn indicate he wasn't willfully lying, but yet he plead guilty.

On a separate note, their is also the belief that McCabe had the agents change their 302s (meeting notes).
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 11524
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Tue May 15, 2018 9:54 am

If there was actual evidence of altered 302s - the judge would have thrown it out long ago.

Or Flynn would have changed his **** plea and fought it - as the rumors predicted when this started popping up 6 months or so ago.

Nope! Still guilty and cooperating. :thumb:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)




User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7032
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SeattleGriz » Tue May 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:If there was actual evidence of altered 302s - the judge would have thrown it out long ago.

Or Flynn would have changed his **** plea and fought it - as the rumors predicted when this started popping up 6 months or so ago.

Nope! Still guilty and cooperating. :thumb:
Sorry. Should have been more clear on the 302s. Instructed to write the 302 in a certain manner that is different than reality - altered that way. The 302 aspect has been out there for months. Grassley is supposed to get to the bottom of that one.

I've read Flynn was out of dough and his kid was in Mueller's target.

As stated before, this has pretty much turned into a live mystery story to me. I'm not married to any of the outcomes and expect to be disappointed, along with everyone else as to how little this whole deal produces.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10786
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SDHornet » Tue May 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Interesting (and long) read on the play by play of the Strzok-Page texts from July 28 - August 5th when various players from various Federal agencies (and WH involvement/knowledge thereof) were creating the "insurance policy" should Trump win the election.

It would be interesting to know what is in the emails that apparently clarify how the Obama administration divided responsibility for running the Trump-Russia investigation. Just like it would be interesting to know what is behind all the many redactions in these texts about how and why the Trump-Russia investigation got started.


https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/strzok-page-texts-trump-russia-investigation-origins/

Pretty scary stuff come to think of it.

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47158
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Ibanez » Wed May 16, 2018 10:43 am

SDHornet wrote:Interesting (and long) read on the play by play of the Strzok-Page texts from July 28 - August 5th when various players from various Federal agencies (and WH involvement/knowledge thereof) were creating the "insurance policy" should Trump win the election.

It would be interesting to know what is in the emails that apparently clarify how the Obama administration divided responsibility for running the Trump-Russia investigation. Just like it would be interesting to know what is behind all the many redactions in these texts about how and why the Trump-Russia investigation got started.


https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/strzok-page-texts-trump-russia-investigation-origins/

Pretty scary stuff come to think of it.

Even those two joke about Clintons, "Billy Goat speech tic." :lol: :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
Posts: 11320
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby GannonFan » Wed May 16, 2018 11:51 am

Ibanez wrote:
SDHornet wrote:Interesting (and long) read on the play by play of the Strzok-Page texts from July 28 - August 5th when various players from various Federal agencies (and WH involvement/knowledge thereof) were creating the "insurance policy" should Trump win the election.



https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/05/strzok-page-texts-trump-russia-investigation-origins/

Pretty scary stuff come to think of it.

Even those two joke about Clintons, "Billy Goat speech tic." :lol: :lol:


I must be old - if you combine all the texts I've sent in my lifetime it couldn't come close to what these folks were sending back and forth just about this topic.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 11524
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Wed May 16, 2018 4:05 pm

The Senate Judiciary Committee said Wednesday that the Russian government apparently used the National Rifle Association to help Donald Trump’s presidential campaign in 2016.

Documents suggest the Kremlin used the NRA to offer the campaign a back channel to Moscow—including a potential meeting between Trump and Vladimir Putin—and might have secretly funded Trump’s campaign, the committee said. One of the Russians named in the report even bragged she was part of the Trump campaign’s communications with Russia, The Daily Beast reported last year.

The NRA spent a record $30 million on Trump and the FBI is reportedly investigating whether any of the money came from Russia. U.S. law prohibits foreign money to be spent on elections.

Two Russian nationals figure prominently in the alleged scheme: Alexander Torshin, deputy governor of the Kremlin’s central bank, and his then-deputy Maria Butina.


https://www.thedailybeast.com/kremlin-u ... -committee






Mueller issues grand jury subpoenas to Trump adviser's social media consultant

U.S. Justice Department Special Counsel Robert Mueller has issued two subpoenas to a social media expert who worked for longtime Donald Trump adviser Roger Stone during the 2016 presidential election campaign.

The subpoenas were delivered late last week to lawyers representing Jason Sullivan, a social media and Twitter specialist Stone hired to work for an independent political action committee he set up to support Trump, Knut Johnson, a lawyer for Sullivan, told Reuters on Tuesday.

The subpoenas suggest that Mueller, who is probing Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, is focusing in part on Stone and whether he might have had advance knowledge of material allegedly hacked by Russian intelligence and sent to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who published it.

Stone appeared before the U.S. House of Representatives Intelligence Committee last September and denied allegations of collusion between the president’s associates and Russia during the election. “I am aware of no evidence whatsoever of collusion by the Russian state or anyone in the Trump campaign,” Stone told reporters at the time.

According to sources familiar with the ongoing investigation, Mueller also has been probing whether anyone associated with the Trump campaign may have helped Assange or the Russians time or target the release of hacked emails and other social media promoting Trump or critical of Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

A spokesman for Mueller declined to comment. Russia has denied interfering in the election. President Trump has repeatedly denied his campaign colluded with Russia.


https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1IH2OB
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)




User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47158
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Ibanez » Thu May 17, 2018 5:53 am

Skjellyfetti wrote:
The Senate Judiciary Committee said Wednesday that the Russian government apparently used the National Rifle Association to help Donald Trump’s presidential campaign in 2016.

Documents suggest the Kremlin used the NRA to offer the campaign a back channel to Moscow—including a potential meeting between Trump and Vladimir Putin—and might have secretly funded Trump’s campaign, the committee said. One of the Russians named in the report even bragged she was part of the Trump campaign’s communications with Russia, The Daily Beast reported last year.

The NRA spent a record $30 million on Trump and the FBI is reportedly investigating whether any of the money came from Russia. U.S. law prohibits foreign money to be spent on elections.

Two Russian nationals figure prominently in the alleged scheme: Alexander Torshin, deputy governor of the Kremlin’s central bank, and his then-deputy Maria Butina.


https://www.thedailybeast.com/kremlin-u ... -committee






Mueller issues grand jury subpoenas to Trump adviser's social media consultant

U.S. Justice Department Special Counsel Robert Mueller has issued two subpoenas to a social media expert who worked for longtime Donald Trump adviser Roger Stone during the 2016 presidential election campaign.

The subpoenas were delivered late last week to lawyers representing Jason Sullivan, a social media and Twitter specialist Stone hired to work for an independent political action committee he set up to support Trump, Knut Johnson, a lawyer for Sullivan, told Reuters on Tuesday.

The subpoenas suggest that Mueller, who is probing Russian meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election, is focusing in part on Stone and whether he might have had advance knowledge of material allegedly hacked by Russian intelligence and sent to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who published it.

Stone appeared before the U.S. House of Representatives Intelligence Committee last September and denied allegations of collusion between the president’s associates and Russia during the election. “I am aware of no evidence whatsoever of collusion by the Russian state or anyone in the Trump campaign,” Stone told reporters at the time.

According to sources familiar with the ongoing investigation, Mueller also has been probing whether anyone associated with the Trump campaign may have helped Assange or the Russians time or target the release of hacked emails and other social media promoting Trump or critical of Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton.

A spokesman for Mueller declined to comment. Russia has denied interfering in the election. President Trump has repeatedly denied his campaign colluded with Russia.


https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKCN1IH2OB


The Daily Beast? And you gave CID crap?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 7032
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:41 am
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby SeattleGriz » Thu May 17, 2018 3:10 pm

Ha. The Gateway Pundit has been my go to laugh out loud source, as they are so biased it's hilarious. Just gotta pull the truth out.
Everything is better with Montana.

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15428
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Don't call it Seattle...

Re: RE: Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Chizzang » Thu May 17, 2018 3:19 pm

SeattleGriz wrote:Ha. The Gateway Pundit has been my go to laugh out loud source, as they are so biased it's hilarious. Just gotta pull the truth out.


Are you actually interested in the truth..?
Generally speaking that seems like something you're not really that interested in

:shock:
The road to Salvation cannot be achieved through the use of logic or common sense
And such are the mysteries of Salvation...

User avatar
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
Posts: 14275
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:59 am
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU
Location: Philly Burbs

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby BDKJMU » Thu May 17, 2018 4:12 pm

One year anniversary.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/us/p ... ation.html
And 22 months since the FBI started their investigation in July 2016...
Houston: Made JMU Football Great Again.
-30-3
-29-1 vs IAA.
-18-0 vs CAA (JMU 20 straight wins vs CAA). 1st Yankee/A-10/CAA team ever to go undefeated in league play in back to back seasons.
-18-0 at home.

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47158
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Ibanez » Thu May 17, 2018 4:16 pm

BDKJMU wrote:One year anniversary.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/us/p ... ation.html
And 22 months since the FBI started their investigation in July 2016...

And how many guilty pleas? 1 sentencing, IIRC. Trumps own DOJ is doing a good job.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15428
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Don't call it Seattle...

Re: Сделаем Америку снова великой! Trump - Russia megathread

Postby Chizzang » Thu May 17, 2018 5:21 pm

Whitewater investigation: 1993 - 1998

:coffee:
The road to Salvation cannot be achieved through the use of logic or common sense
And such are the mysteries of Salvation...


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bearkat91, canyoncat, Col Hogan, GannonFan, Google [Bot], Grizalltheway and 47 guests