Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby JohnStOnge » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:55 pm

SDHornet wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
And do you think that has something to do with Trump?

Is he trumpeting (see what I did there? 8-) ) policies that would inhibit this activity?

Bottom line is that it's another trend that started well before Trump took office. The image below depicts it. The upward trend started somewhere between 2007 and 2010. It's not because of Trump. Just like declining unemployment wasn't because of Trump. And GDP growth wasn't/isn't because of Trump. So on and so forth.

Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star

Deep Purple: No One Came

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Postby SDHornet » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:58 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
SDHornet wrote:Is he trumpeting (see what I did there? 8-) ) policies that would inhibit this activity?

Bottom line is that it's another trend that started well before Trump took office. The image below depicts it. The upward trend started somewhere between 2007 and 2010. It's not because of Trump. Just like declining unemployment wasn't because of Trump. And GDP growth wasn't/isn't because of Trump. So on and so forth.

So the answer is no. Thanks for playing. :thumb:

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Postby JohnStOnge » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:07 pm

SDHornet wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

So the answer is no. Thanks for playing. :thumb:

He would not have been doing anything to inhibit the activity if he'd stayed where he belongs and never run for President. He's not the reason for it. He's not the reason for the rate of GDP growth we have. He's not the reason for what the unemployment rate is right now. So on and so forth. America was great before he took office. And the idea that there has been any improvement in that regard since he took office is nonsense.
Could I ever be a star

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Postby SDHornet » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:17 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
SDHornet wrote:So the answer is no. Thanks for playing. :thumb:

He would not have been doing anything to inhibit the activity if he'd stayed where he belongs and never run for President. He's not the reason for it. He's not the reason for the rate of GDP growth we have. He's not the reason for what the unemployment rate is right now. So on and so forth. America was great before he took office. And the idea that there has been any improvement in that regard since he took office is nonsense.

Not what I asked/stated.

One candidate went out of their way to state fossil fuel jobs would be replaced with green jobs. The candidate that won did not make such ridiculous claims.

Again, thanks for playing. :thumb:

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Postby BDKJMU » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:15 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
SDHornet wrote:So the answer is no. Thanks for playing. :thumb:

Houston: Made JMU Football Great Again.
28-2, 27-1 vs IAA, 18-0 vs the CAA, 17-0 at Bridgeforth.
1st Yankee/A-10/CAA team ever to go undefeated in league play in back to back seasons.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Postby houndawg » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:42 am

SDHornet wrote:
houndawg wrote:
I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about your personal safety in times that are getting increasingly edgy - remember that the base doesn't know you agree with them and they're going to judge you by whose side you look like you're on. Keep that MAGA hat close and make sure you're wearing it if the crowd is all white.

Just sayin...:coffee:

I love how an independent thinking Brown guy triggers you into making pseudo racial violence threats. :lol: :dunce:

Speaking of violence, here are some of your neo-Marxist buddies getting knocked the **** out in Portland just last week. :lol: 8-)
phpBB [video]

...just an accurate description of the border situation right now...good luck to you and yours, bro, because right now little brown kids are worth $700/day/kid. That's a cool $20,000,000/year for Betsy deVos prison company and probably ten times that for Jeff Sessions' prison companies. :rofl: Want to bet on how many of those kids will still be in custody a year from now?
Subvert the dominant paradigm

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Postby SDHornet » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:23 pm

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote:I love how an independent thinking Brown guy triggers you into making pseudo racial violence threats. :lol: :dunce:

Speaking of violence, here are some of your neo-Marxist buddies getting knocked the **** out in Portland just last week. :lol: 8-)
phpBB [video]

...just an accurate description of the border situation right now...good luck to you and yours, bro, because right now little brown kids are worth $700/day/kid. That's a cool $20,000,000/year for Betsy deVos prison company and probably ten times that for Jeff Sessions' prison companies. :rofl: Want to bet on how many of those kids will still be in custody a year from now?

Me and mine are legal, nice try though.

And what do the consequences of illegally crossing the border have to do with your neo-Marxist comrades getting their **** pushed in have to do with this? :? :rofl: 8-)

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Postby Skjellyfetti » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:03 pm

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Postby houndawg » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:43 am

SDHornet wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Me and mine are legal, nice try though.

And what do the consequences of illegally crossing the border have to do with your neo-Marxist comrades getting their **** pushed in have to do with this? :? :rofl: 8-)

It may take them quite a while to ascertain that...especially at $700/day. :coffee:

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Postby CAA Flagship » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:46 am

".....just a continuation of Obama..." :coffee:

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Postby houndawg » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:26 am

SDHornet wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Not what I asked/stated.

One candidate went out of their way to state fossil fuel jobs would be replaced with green jobs. The candidate that won did not make such ridiculous claims.

..you're claiming cause and effect? :?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Postby AZGrizFan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:49 am

CAA Flagship wrote:".....just a continuation of Obama..." :coffee:

:lol: :lol:
"Ah ****. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby AZGrizFan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:52 am

BDKJMU wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Business sentiment at all time highs. Consumer confidence high and increasing.

Looks like most people/businesses don’t agree with you.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Postby JohnStOnge » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:53 pm

SDHornet wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Not what I asked/stated.

I asked you if you thought the increase in oil production n the United States is because of Trump. There was nothing in the post to which I responded about the extent to which fossil fuel jobs would be replaced by Green jobs. Donald Trump is not the reason for anything going on with oil production in the United States. Donald Trump is not the reason for why the economy is relatively good right now. So on and so forth. The only thing Donald Trump is the reason for is the United States being the laughing stock of the planet.

America (the United States) is substantially "less great" right now than it was two years ago. And that's because we had a sufficient number of dumbasses in the electorate to end up in a situation where somebody like that is the President.
Could I ever be a star

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Postby JohnStOnge » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:59 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:".....just a continuation of Obama..." :coffee:

:lol: :lol:

The point at which your line inflects upward at the end represents a date prior to the 2016 election. Also, in percent growth terms, 2013 was a better year than 2017.
Could I ever be a star

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern

Postby kalm » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:37 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:

Hell yes! It’s taken a decade but we’re back up to 2007 levels!

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby AZGrizFan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:44 pm

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Business sentiment highest in 45 years. :nod:

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby AZGrizFan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:45 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: :lol: :lol:

The point at which your line inflects upward at the end represents a date prior to the 2016 election. Also, in percent growth terms, 2013 was a better year than 2017.

And in “percentage terms” there was ZERO growth between middle of 2015 and the election. Wanna lose this argument again? :coffee:

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern

Postby kalm » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:55 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:

The graphs I quickly looked at had the dot.com bubble a little higher. Regardless, does it make you a little nervous?

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Postby AZGrizFan » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:39 am

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

The graphs I quickly looked at had the dot.com bubble a little higher. Regardless, does it make you a little nervous?

What makes me nervous is the treasury curve. :shock: :shock:

Spread between 2-10 yr treasuries down to 18 basis points. An inverted yield curve has preceded every recession for the last 50 years....

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Postby JohnStOnge » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:38 pm

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

And in “percentage terms” there was ZERO growth between middle of 2015 and the election. Wanna lose this argument again? :coffee:

Yes things were pretty much flat not only from the middle of 2015 but earlier than that. In fact calendar year 2015 had a negative return (-2.23%). But when you look at the Dow over time this is not outside of normal variation. There was a 25.08 DJIA return in 2017 after there had been a 13.42% return in 2016. That's great.

But were you raving about what a great job Obama was doing when there was a 26.50% return in 2013 after a 7.26% return in 2012?

Also, there is still this problem: The upswing you're talking about started BEFORE election day 2016. Now, to be honest, there was another upward inflection around the end of 2017. But then it peaked in late January 2018 and things are down since then.
Could I ever be a star

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Postby Ivytalk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:03 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Yes things were pretty much flat not only from the middle of 2015 but earlier than that. In fact calendar year 2015 had a negative return (-2.23%). But when you look at the Dow over time this is not outside of normal variation. There was a 25.08 DJIA return in 2017 after there had been a 13.42% return in 2016. That's great.

But were you raving about what a great job Obama was doing when there was a 26.50% return in 2013 after a 7.26% return in 2012?

Also, there is still this problem: The upswing you're talking about started BEFORE election day 2016. Now, to be honest, there was another upward inflection around the end of 2017. But then it peaked in late January 2018 and things are down since then.

Yep, you loved Obama. Probably voted for him twice.
Support your neighborhood Budget Hawk!

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Postby SDHornet » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:33 pm

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote:Not what I asked/stated.

..you're claiming cause and effect? :?

Not what I said, read it again...slower next time...

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Postby SDHornet » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:34 pm

JohnStOnge wrote:
SDHornet wrote:Not what I asked/stated.

I asked you if you thought the increase in oil production n the United States is because of Trump. There was nothing in the post to which I responded about the extent to which fossil fuel jobs would be replaced by Green jobs. Donald Trump is not the reason for anything going on with oil production in the United States. Donald Trump is not the reason for why the economy is relatively good right now. So on and so forth. The only thing Donald Trump is the reason for is the United States being the laughing stock of the planet.

America (the United States) is substantially "less great" right now than it was two years ago. And that's because we had a sufficient number of dumbasses in the electorate to end up in a situation where somebody like that is the President.

My original response already addressed your long winded, reiteration of the same statement I responded to.

Thanks for playing. :coffee:

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Postby houndawg » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:28 am

SDHornet wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

My original response already addressed your long winded, reiteration of the same statement I responded to.

Thanks for playing. :coffee:

translation: I have nothing, still.

Return to “Politics”