The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Political discussions
houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15580
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby houndawg » Wed May 16, 2018 1:37 am

Skjellyfetti wrote:I'm sure the Chinese government pledging $500 million to a project in Indonesia with Trump branded hotel, golf course, and residences did not influence his decision in any way whatsoever. :coffee:


http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast ... t-and-road


Pocket change. Dude makes $3 million every time he golfs. :coffee:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

∞∞∞
Level4
Level4
Posts: 8969
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:30 am
I am a fan of: Old Dominion

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby ∞∞∞ » Wed May 16, 2018 3:48 am

houndawg wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:I'm sure the Chinese government pledging $500 million to a project in Indonesia with Trump branded hotel, golf course, and residences did not influence his decision in any way whatsoever. :coffee:


http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast ... t-and-road


Pocket change. Dude makes $3 million every time he golfs. :coffee:

But her emails...

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47153
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby Ibanez » Wed May 16, 2018 5:21 am

∞∞∞ wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Pocket change. Dude makes $3 million every time he golfs. :coffee:

But her emails...

The classified emails she passed through her personal, unsecured server? :coffee:

Yeah - there isn't anything shady about that. Hell, who here HASN'T hired a company to do that instead of using the email infrastructure that their employer already provides. It's common place. I know I had a server in my bathroom managing all my emails and communications when I held a TS clearance with SAIC, Booz Allen and DHS. :thumb:


Again - it wasn't the emails per se, it was the disregard for protocol and rules (rules that were in place) and the mishandling of information.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
Posts: 11519
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 pm
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby Skjellyfetti » Wed May 16, 2018 10:05 am

No wonder Trump got rid of him.

Sounds like a libtard. :ohno:

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)


User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10786
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby SDHornet » Wed May 16, 2018 8:21 pm

Skjellyfetti wrote:I'm sure the Chinese government pledging $500 million to a project in Indonesia with Trump branded hotel, golf course, and residences did not influence his decision in any way whatsoever. :coffee:


http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast ... t-and-road

Image

houndawg
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15580
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:14 pm
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg
Location: Egypt

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby houndawg » Thu May 17, 2018 10:47 am

SDHornet wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:I'm sure the Chinese government pledging $500 million to a project in Indonesia with Trump branded hotel, golf course, and residences did not influence his decision in any way whatsoever. :coffee:


http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast ... t-and-road

Image


*Scandal.

* Unprecedented.


:lol:
Subvert the dominant paradigm

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17260
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby CID1990 » Fri May 18, 2018 5:15 pm

Corker basically comes out and says it:

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/05/18/ ... nsibility/

Everybody dive in and get your before it’s all gone
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 19878
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: The Official

Postby Ivytalk » Sat May 19, 2018 3:01 am

CID1990 wrote:Corker basically comes out and says it:

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/05/18/ ... nsibility/

Everybody dive in and get your before it’s all gone

Rand’s spending bill went down 72-21
Everyone’s favorite hermaphrodite, Lindsey Graham, trashed it as anti-military
Rand put it best: when out of power, the GOP is a Conservative party, when in power, there is no conservative party
Support your neighborhood Budget Hawk!

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17260
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby CID1990 » Sun May 20, 2018 6:39 pm

From CNN Money:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/19/news/ch ... index.html

In related news, staffers from the CNN Newsroom showed up at the offices of CNN Money with torches and pitchforks...
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10786
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby SDHornet » Sun May 20, 2018 9:23 pm

CID1990 wrote:From CNN Money:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/19/news/ch ... index.html

In related news, staffers from the CNN Newsroom showed up at the offices of CNN Money with torches and pitchforks...

Ouch, another Trump win? Can the leftists survive more of his winning? :?

User avatar
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
Posts: 15413
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid
Location: Don't call it Seattle...

Re: The Official

Postby Chizzang » Sun May 20, 2018 9:28 pm

Ivytalk wrote:
CID1990 wrote:Corker basically comes out and says it:

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/05/18/ ... nsibility/

Everybody dive in and get your before it’s all gone

Rand’s spending bill went down 72-21
Everyone’s favorite hermaphrodite, Lindsey Graham, trashed it as anti-military
Rand put it best: when out of power, the GOP is a Conservative party, when in power, there is no conservative party



:geek:

Is it too early to predict our doom
and adjust my lounge chair for the best view of the chaos
we are the on the deck of the Titanic after all

:nod:
The road to Salvation cannot be achieved through the use of logic or common sense
And such are the mysteries of Salvation...

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 38511
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby kalm » Mon May 21, 2018 3:33 am

SDHornet wrote:
CID1990 wrote:From CNN Money:

http://money.cnn.com/2018/05/19/news/ch ... index.html

In related news, staffers from the CNN Newsroom showed up at the offices of CNN Money with torches and pitchforks...

Ouch, another Trump win? Can the leftists survive more of his winning? :?


:nod:

I got a kick out of the Facebook memes criticizing Trump’s trade war and how he was going to screw the American people. Remember when off-shoring and “free trade” were anathema to lefties?

:lol:
Image
Image
Image

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 19878
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:22 pm
I am a fan of: Salisbury University
Location: Dela-Where?

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby Ivytalk » Mon May 21, 2018 10:52 am

Another 180 pulled by Drumpf. Are we having a trade war with the Red Chinese or not? :?
Support your neighborhood Budget Hawk!

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47153
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby Ibanez » Mon May 21, 2018 11:08 am

Ivytalk wrote:Another 180 pulled by Drumpf. Are we having a trade war with the Red Chinese or not? :?


Right? I thought trade wars were good


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 9466
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 pm
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO
Location: The Panther State

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby HI54UNI » Mon May 21, 2018 12:46 pm

Ivytalk wrote:Another 180 pulled by Drumpf. Are we having a trade war with the Red Chinese or not? :?


Farmers were all crying because it was going to be the end of the world and now Trump is claiming farm exports will increase under the deal. I suppose that's better than giving more subsidies to the farmers.
Image

All my posts are satire.

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10786
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby SDHornet » Mon May 21, 2018 7:11 pm

HI54UNI wrote:
Ivytalk wrote:Another 180 pulled by Drumpf. Are we having a trade war with the Red Chinese or not? :?


Farmers were all crying because it was going to be the end of the world and now Trump is claiming farm exports will increase under the deal. I suppose that's better than giving more subsidies to the farmers.

Market closed almost +300 so something must be good with this.

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 38511
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby kalm » Mon May 21, 2018 8:32 pm

SDHornet wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:
Farmers were all crying because it was going to be the end of the world and now Trump is claiming farm exports will increase under the deal. I suppose that's better than giving more subsidies to the farmers.

Market closed almost +300 so something must be good with this.


Yes...because nothing spells “free market” like Wall Street and heavily subsidized ag.... :rofl:
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47153
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby Ibanez » Tue May 22, 2018 4:18 am

SDHornet wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:
Farmers were all crying because it was going to be the end of the world and now Trump is claiming farm exports will increase under the deal. I suppose that's better than giving more subsidies to the farmers.

Market closed almost +300 so something must be good with this.

I can’t wait for the next plunge. I’m dropping stacks, yo!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
Pwns
Level4
Level4
Posts: 5534
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:38 pm
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby Pwns » Tue May 22, 2018 12:13 pm

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/21/van-j ... on-reform/

I'd like to see this as a poignant moment of strange bedfellows coming together to do something good, but have a strong feeling this is just trump being manipulated with flattery.
We get the government we deserve. :nod:

User avatar
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 47153
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:16 pm
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina
A.K.A.: Shameless Street Dog

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby Ibanez » Tue May 22, 2018 12:23 pm

I was listening to Trumps news conference this afternoon. We all know he only speaks in hyperbolic phrases - but honestly his conferences are useless. THey provide no information. It's just ramblings.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17

User avatar
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 10786
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby SDHornet » Tue May 22, 2018 6:53 pm

Ibanez wrote:I was listening to Trumps news conference this afternoon. We all know he only speaks in hyperbolic phrases - but honestly his conferences are useless. THey provide no information. It's just ramblings.

And this is different than other Presidents?

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17260
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby CID1990 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:59 pm

SDHornet wrote:
Ibanez wrote:I was listening to Trumps news conference this afternoon. We all know he only speaks in hyperbolic phrases - but honestly his conferences are useless. THey provide no information. It's just ramblings.

And this is different than other Presidents?


There's actually something to that

When you're President, you can talk about nothing for 30 minutes but you have to do it artfully. Obama was very artful at filling up time with nothingness. In many respects, so were Reagan and Clinton.

The grave sin, at least to the chattering class, is that Trump isn't artful about anything.

But I doubt most people realize that when Presidents are experts at anything, they are usually experts at only one thing- drama acting. That's one reason Reagan was so good at it. He was patriotic melodrama personified. Obama was progressive melodrama personified. That only connects with people who want to hear that kind of message.

Trump doesn't check that box at all and it pisses off the "dignity of the office" people (I am one... but less than I used to be)
Last edited by CID1990 on Tue May 22, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
CID1990
Level5
Level5
Posts: 17260
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:40 am
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990
Location: กรุงเทพมหานคร

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby CID1990 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:59 pm

double post
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris

User avatar
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 38511
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:36 pm
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: klam
Location: Northern Palouse

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby kalm » Tue May 22, 2018 8:05 pm

CID1990 wrote:
SDHornet wrote:And this is different than other Presidents?


There's actually something to that

When you're President, you can talk about nothing for 30 minutes but you have to do it artfully. Obama was very artful at filling up time with nothingness. In many respects, so were Reagan and Clinton.

The grave sin, at least to the chattering class, is that Trump isn't artful about anything.

But I doubt most people realize that when Presidents are experts at anything, they are usually experts at only one thing- drama acting. That's one reason Reagan was so good at it. He was patriotic melodrama personified. Obama was progressive melodrama personified. That only connects with people who want to hear that kind of message.

Trump doesn't check that box at all and it pisses off the "dignity of the office" people (I am one... but less than I used to be)


That’s a solid, thoughtful post.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
Posts: 15666
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:47 pm
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Postby JohnStOnge » Tue May 22, 2018 8:16 pm

SDHornet wrote:
Skjellyfetti wrote:I'm sure the Chinese government pledging $500 million to a project in Indonesia with Trump branded hotel, golf course, and residences did not influence his decision in any way whatsoever. :coffee:


http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast ... t-and-road

Image


It's not like Uranium One and the Clinton Foundation at all. There never was anything to that. Acting like there was some kind of process by which Hillary Clinton controlled whether or not the Uranium One deal was approved or not is ridiculous. And it's even more ridiculous to compare the Uranium One thing to having something like what's described at https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/16/the-ass ... rtner.html happen then have Trump start talking about saving a Chinese company as he did.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star

Deep Purple: No One Came
Image


Return to “Politics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JohnStOnge, Pwns, Rob Iola, Vidav and 77 guests