Political discussions
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Montana Republicans... the gift that keeps on giving

Post by Chizzang »

Future Governor of Montana shares his deep thoughts...
Noah was 600 years old dammit get back to work

"The example I think of is Noah,” Gianforte continued. “How old was Noah when he built the Ark? 600. He wasn’t like, cashing Social Security checks. He wasn’t hanging out; he was working. So, I think we have an obligation to work. The role we have in work may change over time, but the concept of retirement is not biblical.”

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-r ... -americans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Re: Montana Republicans... the gift that keeps on giving

Post by D1B »

Chizzang wrote:Future Governor of Montana shares his deep thoughts...

"The example I think of is Noah,” Gianforte continued. “How old was Noah when he built the Ark? 600. He wasn’t like, cashing Social Security checks. He wasn’t hanging out; he was working. So, I think we have an obligation to work. The role we have in work may change over time, but the concept of retirement is not biblical.”

http://www.alternet.org/tea-party-and-r ... -americans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Christians. :rofl:
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Post by D1B »

Conks. :lol:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

That's as bat shit crazy as a Montana woman of German and Czech descent pretending to be black and leading a chapter of the NAACP.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Alphie is going to be his campaign manager. :nod:
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Grizalltheway wrote:Alphie is going to be his campaign manager. :nod:
I'm not a republican............deerrpp

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
DuckDuckGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by DuckDuckGriz »

There are too many dumbfucks (mostly Baby Boomers) on Facebook from MT / my hometown, that the minute one of them endorses this guy, I'm leaving Facebook forever.

A threat that shall keep the hearts and minds of America on the edge of their seat.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

He still doesn't unseat Rep. Guam May Tip Over and Capsize

until that happens I will continue to imitate klam, et al by playing the relativist and pointing this out
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CID1990 wrote:

until that happens I will continue to imitate klam, et al by playing the relativist and pointing this out
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:

gonna give logic a try, eh? Good for you, comrade. :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

you're really handsome aren't you?
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:
Modesty forbids; but your sister thinks so.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Modesty forbids; but your sister thinks so.
i knew it

anybody that dumb had to have at least gotten some looks
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

What a fucking moron this guy is...glad they mentioned Bozeman and not Missoula at the very least.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

Post by dbackjon »

kalm wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
:thumb:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

He was speaking at a Bible College. He was commenting on whether the concept of retirement is "Biblical." Making a big deal about him referring in that context to what the BIble has to say about Noah is pretty lame.

And it says nothing about his ability to govern or function. Obviously the article indicates that he's been highly successful. Are you going to rule out someone who's going to be good at a job because they believe the Bible? Really?

Same question: If you are going to have brain surgery and you find out that the best available brain surgeon believes the Earth is 5,000 years old based on believing the Bible is literally true are you going to opt not to use him or her and use somebody that's not quite as good at brain surgery?

Believing the Bible does not disqualify someone from political office nor does it suggest that someone would not do a good job as governor.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

JohnStOnge wrote:He was speaking at a Bible College. He was commenting on whether the concept of retirement is "Biblical." Making a big deal about him referring in that context to what the BIble has to say about Noah is pretty lame.

And it says nothing about his ability to govern or function. Obviously the article indicates that he's been highly successful. Are you going to rule out someone who's going to be good at a job because they believe the Bible? Really?

Same question: If you are going to have brain surgery and you find out that the best available brain surgeon believes the Earth is 5,000 years old based on believing the Bible is literally true are you going to opt not to use him or her and use somebody that's not quite as good at brain surgery?

Believing the Bible does not disqualify someone from political office nor does it suggest that someone would not do a good job as governor.
There is a difference. A brain surgeon doesn't make his decisions based on faulty logic or made up fairy stories. He uses medicine to fix your brain and uses those fairy stories to make himself happy in his personal life.

A politician will use fairy stories to try and influence policy and law, which is dangerous and should be prevented.

If you can't see the difference then there is no hope for you.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Vidav wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:He was speaking at a Bible College. He was commenting on whether the concept of retirement is "Biblical." Making a big deal about him referring in that context to what the BIble has to say about Noah is pretty lame.

There is a difference. A brain surgeon doesn't make his decisions based on faulty logic or made up fairy stories. He uses medicine to fix your brain and uses those fairy stories to make himself happy in his personal life.

A politician will use fairy stories to try and influence policy and law, which is dangerous and should be prevented.

If you can't see the difference then there is no hope for you.
Oh, he sees the difference. It's just that he'd be perfectly happy having a religious fundementalist influencing policy and law. :nod:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

So I take it that you guys think that being a Bible believing Christian automatically disqualifies a person from holding public office? You think that, for instance, believing that Noah lived to be hundreds of years old means someone would push a horrible policy?
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Ursus A. Horribilis
Maroon Supporter
Maroon Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana Grizzlies
A.K.A.: Bill Brasky

Post by Ursus A. Horribilis »

JohnStOnge wrote:So I take it that you guys think that being a Bible believing Christian automatically disqualifies a person from holding public office? You think that, for instance, believing that Noah lived to be hundreds of years old means someone would push a horrible policy?
I'm not sure, but I ain't taking the chance with obvious flaws like that. I'm this guys audience in that I'm fairly down the middle but lean to the conservative side. You start talking too much God shit and I'm done with you cuz I'm just not your audience.

Now the current governor is a friend, a democrat, and a great, logical, stable man. It wouldn't have probably mattered who they put up. The vote is Bullocks but candidates like this guy make this a laughingstock.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

JohnStOnge wrote:So I take it that you guys think that being a Bible believing Christian automatically disqualifies a person from holding public office? You think that, for instance, believing that Noah lived to be hundreds of years old means someone would push a horrible policy?
I think that somebody who sincerely believes something like that in spite of all the evidence to the contrary is not somebody I want making critical decisions for me in the real world. :coffee:
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

DuckDuckGriz wrote:There are too many dumbfucks (mostly Baby Boomers) on Facebook from MT / my hometown, that the minute one of them endorses this guy, I'm leaving Facebook forever.

A threat that shall keep the hearts and minds of America on the edge of their seat.
We're going to sell you the whole seat, but you will only need the EDGE! Truckasaurus!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Their chances of pushing nanny state like policies would be greater.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

kalm wrote:
How so?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SeattleGriz wrote:
kalm wrote:
How so?
Really?

Rational Republicans tend to not care so much about drinking laws, weed legalization, gay marriage, Christianity curriculums, hookers, and the like.

You know...social libertarianism.