Football Championship Subdivision discussions
bucs90
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Charleston Southern

Final: Charleston Southern 20, Citadel 18

Post by bucs90 »

GGO BUCS
[img] http://www.csusports.com/sports/fball/2 ... 325380900/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[img]
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Final: Charleston Southern 20, Citadel 18

Post by Ibanez »

7500 people in attendance. There wasn't 7500 people for The Citadels season opener.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

Ibanez wrote:7500 people in attendance. There wasn't 7500 people for The Citadels season opener.
Yep. Great environment. Met with Buc Club director pregame. Next season the stadium will get a horeshoe bermIin scoreboard end zone for student section and new visitor stands.

Anyway...as Jay-Z song says....on to tha next one!
[img] http://www.csusports.com/sports/fball/2 ... 325380900/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[img]
keydet21
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: VMI

Post by keydet21 »

Glad this game is over so the Citadel/Chuck South flame war is put to rest.

Good job Chuck South on beating our rivals. It provides some consolation to the piss-poor effort VMI showed against Samford today....but not really.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

keydet21 wrote:Glad this game is over so the Citadel/Chuck South flame war is put to rest.

Good job Chuck South on beating our rivals. It provides some consolation to the piss-poor effort VMI showed against Samford today....but not really.
Haha
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

bucs90 wrote:
Ibanez wrote:7500 people in attendance. There wasn't 7500 people for The Citadels season opener.
Yep. Great environment. Met with Buc Club director pregame. Next season the stadium will get a horeshoe bermIin scoreboard end zone for student section and new visitor stands.

how many seats?
Coachdt

Post by Coachdt »

So does this mean Citadel is now equal to NAIA Point, Division I I Davidson, and non-scholarship Campbell since supposedly they were going to win as those games were gimmees and Citadel was so much better?

Enjoy the crow you agreed to eat from those of us who don't run our mouths before games.

BTW, very classy move by some of your coaches and players heading to the locker room rather than shaking hands.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Coachdt wrote:So does this mean Citadel is now equal to NAIA Point, Division I I Davidson, and non-scholarship Campbell since supposedly they were going to win as those games were gimmees and Citadel was so much better?

Enjoy the crow you agreed to eat from those of us who don't run our mouths before games.

BTW, very classy move by some of your coaches and players heading to the locker room rather than shaking hands.
Did that really happen? I'm sure Citgrad will defend poor sportsmanship.
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

keydet21 wrote:Glad this game is over so the Citadel/Chuck South flame war is put to rest.

Yep. We'll see em again next year..moving on
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

Ibanez wrote:
Coachdt wrote:So does this mean Citadel is now equal to NAIA Point, Division I I Davidson, and non-scholarship Campbell since supposedly they were going to win as those games were gimmees and Citadel was so much better?

Did that really happen? I'm sure Citgrad will defend poor sportsmanship.
Thats true, most of the players and coaches walked off without shaking. I was by the locker room walkway when they bolted off the field.

No biggie. We have some big games in conference coming up, and to beat CCU, Libert or GWU we will have to olay better than we did tonight. Great win. But too many penalties and blown assignment
keydet21
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: VMI

Post by keydet21 »

Question, why did Citadel go for 2 on that last TD? Was it off a botched XP snap or something?
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

keydet21 wrote:Question, why did Citadel go for 2 on that last TD? Was it off a botched XP snap or something?
No it looked like a version of the old muddle huddle trick and they caught CSU misaligned. Great play.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Damn that Vegas spread! We seem intent on stopping the cover while taking the loss.

CSU played a good game and made the plays they had to. We didn't.

Point of order though- our announced attendance against CCU was around 10,000.
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

CID1990 wrote:
Damn that Vegas spread! We seem intent on stopping the cover while taking the loss.

CSU played a good game and made the plays they had to. We didn't.

Point of order though- our announced attendance against CCU was around 10,000.
I stand corrected, 10,820. It sure didn't seem like that. I must've been remembering the stadium after halftime. It looked very empty on the Bulldog side. We had some Citadel Alum on the vistor side that were a riot. These old men kept saying, " We're letting you boys get comfy and then we'll dry hump you to a loss." :lol:
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

Ibanez wrote:
bucs90 wrote:

how many seats?
Not sure. Its gonna supposedly be a smaller version of the hill at Wofford so students can lay on blankets and crap like that. I think the visitor side is going to be like 1, 000 bigger and just a little nicer. He basically just said they know they need to make it better, finally saved the money to do it, and its coming.

Anyway...on to UNC Charlotte. Anyone know how they look this year?
CSUBUCDAD
Level2
Level2
A.K.A.: MJCOCK, MJ, STUMP

Post by CSUBUCDAD »

Uh oh, somebody is 0-3...................boo freakin hoo.

You want my guns? Come take them.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

CSUBUCDAD wrote:Uh oh, somebody is 0-3...................boo freakin hoo.
Yes it is unfortunate that we dont tune up with DIIs and NAIAs prior to playing our conference schedule.

Congrats on the win though.
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

quote="CID1990"]
CSUBUCDAD wrote:Uh oh, somebody is 0-3...................boo freakin hoo.
Yes it is unfortunate that we dont tune up with DIIs and NAIAs prior to playing our conference schedule.

Congrats on the win though.[/quote]

Maybe they should.
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

http://dogfan1987.websitetoolbox.com/?f ... me-7088350" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scroll to post game comments in link, all way at bottom of comments. Not pretty. I dont have much to say, we have UNC Charlotte to worry about. But funny how they are blaming the loss on having to play @ CSU........our field is 100 yards x 53 too ya know. Field goals same height/width. Ball same size. Rules are even the same.

See y'all next year Dogs. Good luck with Gardner Webb. They have about 3 All American candidates on their front 7.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

bucs90 wrote:http://dogfan1987.websitetoolbox.com/?f ... me-7088350

Scroll to post game comments in link, all way at bottom of comments. Not pretty. I dont have much to say, we have UNC Charlotte to worry about. But funny how they are blaming the loss on having to play @ CSU........our field is 100 yards x 53 too ya know. Field goals same height/width. Ball same size. Rules are even the same.

See y'all next year Dogs. Good luck with Gardner Webb. They have about 3 All American candidates on their front 7.
You won your super bowl dude. Stop stalking and move on.
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

CID1990 wrote:
bucs90 wrote:http://dogfan1987.websitetoolbox.com/?f ... me-7088350

You won your super bowl dude. Stop stalking and move on.
Our Super Bowls this year are in Lynchburg, VA and Conway, SC.
BJuice
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Charleston Southern Univ.

Post by BJuice »

Charleston Southern Postgame Video versus The Citadel

Turn the page. Citadel is in the rearview mirror. We proved our point. Back to Back. Two years in a row Charleston Southern has been better than The Citadel. The Big South Conference has caught and passed the SoCon.

On to the next game. The next game is the biggest game. It is a business trip to take on the Charlotte 49ers. First road game of the season. Can't wait to see how our relatively young team responds on the road.
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFJThMDL ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yep. If beach city braggin rights were a beach cruiser...that would be the game tape above!!!

Ok..last bit of fun. 24 hour rule. On to Charlotte.
bucs90
Level2
Level2

Post by bucs90 »

BJuice wrote:Charleston Southern Postgame Video versus The Citadel

Turn the page. Citadel is in the rearview mirror. We proved our point. Back to Back. Two years in a row Charleston Southern has been better than The Citadel. The Big South Conference has caught and passed the SoCon.

On to the next game. The next game is the biggest game. It is a business trip to take on the Charlotte 49ers. First road game of the season. Can't wait to see how our relatively young team responds on the road.
Just saw the video, it was great. Do you know if the "our town" t-shirts that Coach Chadwell and the team wore after the game is available for fans to purchase?
Libertine
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Liberty

Post by Libertine »

bucs90 wrote: Just saw the video, it was great. Do you know if the "our town" t-shirts that Coach Chadwell and the team wore after the game is available for fans to purchase?
A bunch of big Thornton Wilder fans, are they?