Glenn Beck: "Ted Cruz May Be Our Reagan" LMAO!!

Political discussions
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Glenn Beck: "Ted Cruz May Be Our Reagan" LMAO!!

Post by Cap'n Cat »

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/b ... ald-reagan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Ted Cruz may be Ronald Reagan," Beck said. "He may be our Ronald Reagan because that guy does not take prisoners. That guy is a thousand times smarter than 99% of the politicians I have ever met - and many of them combined. Really smart. Plays for keeps. Knows what's true. Is clean, is ethical. I mean, that guy might be Ronald Reagan".

Another Reagan???? The world laughs at us, not with us!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Re: Glenn Beck: "Ted Cruz May Be Our Reagan" LMAO!!

Post by Ibanez »

At least that nut job can never be President.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

You guys won't be laughing when his hobbit home prediction comes true!
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Meh. Beck was also pitching gold at the top of the market. Didn't listen to him then, either. :coffee:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Cap'n Cat wrote: The world laughs at us, not with us!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The world has been laughing at us since shortly after January 21, 2009.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
D1B
Chris's Bitch
Chris's Bitch
I am a fan of: Morehead State

Post by D1B »

AZGrizFan wrote:

Jesus, you're so fucking predictable and lacking talent. :ohno:
ASUMountaineer
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Appalachian State

Post by ASUMountaineer »

AZGrizFan wrote:

They've been laughing since long before that. Though, the irony of a Nobel Peace Prize winner dropping bombs all over the ME is quite hilarious in its own right.
Appalachian State Mountaineers:

National Champions: 2005, 2006, and 2007
Southern Conference Champions: 1986, 1987, 1991, 1995, 1999, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2012

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! WE'RE GONNA SHOUT IT! NOTHING'S HOTTER THAN A-S-U!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:

The world has been laughing at us since shortly after January 21, 2001.
Fixed it
Cap'n Cat
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Mostly myself.
A.K.A.: LabiaInTheSunlight

Post by Cap'n Cat »

Ibanez wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
The world has been laughing at us since shortly after January 20, 1981.
Fixed it
Fixed it further.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

You're off a few years. The world was laughing at the United States BEFORE Reagan took office. Once he took office the laughing stopped pretty quickly and a "maybe this guy means what he says" paradigm started to emerge.

I can remember watching a documentary about the effect of even something like he did with the Air Traffic Controllers was noted by the Soviets. They definitely had a "This guy is different. This guy has a spine" reaction.

Best President of your lifetime, Cap'n. It's a shame you don't realize it.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Meh...
Anybody can re-write history and make whoever they want - seem to be - the best this or that
Reagan was a product of Hollywood - and played his part well - he did some awesome sh!t and awful sh!t
but ultimately he was just another well crafted politician

:clap:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
BlueHen86
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: The McManus Brothers
A.K.A.: Duffman

Post by BlueHen86 »

Chizzang wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Meh...
Anybody can re-write history and make whoever they want - seem to be - the best this or that
Reagan was a product of Hollywood - and played his part well - he did some awesome sh!t and awful sh!t

When it comes to being the best President of my lifetime, the bar isn't set that high. Reagan is in the running.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

BlueHen86 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Meh...

When it comes to being the best President of my lifetime, the bar isn't set that high. Reagan is in the running.
He's tied for 8th best in mine with a chance of moving up to T7 depending how history unfolds.

If elected, I think Cruz would have an excellent chance of equalling this lofty standard. 8-)
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
BlueHen86 wrote:
He's tied for 8th best in mine with a chance of moving up to T7 depending how history unfolds.

If elected, I think Cruz would have an excellent chance of equalling this lofty standard. 8-)
Interesting Kalm, who are the 7 that you would rank in front of Reagan?

I agree with BH86 that Reagan would be in the running for one of the best of my lifetime.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:

I agree with BH86 that Reagan would be in the running for one of the best of my lifetime.
Everyone since 1971. Reagan's anti government, anti-regulatory, trickle down ideas have been patronized by both parties and continue to hurt this country today.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote:
UNI88 wrote:

Everyone since 1971. Reagan's anti government, anti-regulatory, trickle down ideas have been patronized by both parties and continue to hurt this country today.
Reagan was far from perfect (Iran Contra being a good example) but I would argue that his policies and positions have put this country in a better position than it otherwise would be in. They helped:
- Create the climate of innovation & entrepreneurship that caused the economic boom of the Clinton years and from which we continue to benefit.
- Cut government spending without which our current economic situation might be worse.
- Hastened the demise of the Soviet Union.

Of the 8 Presidents since 1971, I would probably rank Reagan or Clinton at the top then Nixon, HW Bush, Carter, Ford and it's too early to tell whether Dubya and Obama is last.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

UNI88 wrote: Reagan was far from perfect (Iran Contra being a good example) but I would argue that his policies and positions have put this country in a better position than it otherwise would be in. They helped:
- Create the climate of innovation & entrepreneurship that caused the economic boom of the Clinton years and from which we continue to benefit.
- Cut government spending without which our current economic situation might be worse.

Of the 8 Presidents since 1971, I would probably rank Reagan or Clinton at the top then Nixon, HW Bush, Carter, Ford and it's too early to tell whether Dubya and Obama is last.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

Chizzang wrote:
UNI88 wrote: Reagan was far from perfect (Iran Contra being a good example) but I would argue that his policies and positions have put this country in a better position than it otherwise would be in. They helped:

Cleets you hurt my feelings. ;)
mrklean
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern Uni.

Post by mrklean »

AZGrizFan wrote:

An I'm still fucking laughing at your azz :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
ImageImage
FROM DA DURTY SOUTH!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

mrklean wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
An I'm still fucking laughing at your azz :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Go mow my lawn, dipshit. :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
BlueHen86
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: The McManus Brothers
A.K.A.: Duffman

Post by BlueHen86 »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:
Reagan was far from perfect (Iran Contra being a good example) but I would argue that his policies and positions have put this country in a better position than it otherwise would be in. They helped:

Of the 8 Presidents since 1971, I would probably rank Reagan or Clinton at the top then Nixon, HW Bush, Carter, Ford and it's too early to tell whether Dubya andE Obama is last.
Good post. I was alive for Kennedy and Johnson. I would rank Clinton and Reagan as my top two. I also liked HW Bush. Carter and Dubya are my bottom two. Too soon to rank Obama. Kennedy and Ford weren't in office long enough for me to get a good read.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

UNI88 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
Cleets you hurt my feelings. ;)

I joke...
Mostly because ranking presidents is like counting sock puppets (who's your favorite)

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Anyone that follows Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, or any idiot from CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, etc... should have their voting rights removed.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote:
kalm wrote:

I'd take slow steady growth versus the bubbles created by Reaganomics type policies. I'm also not sure innovation can be attributed directly to Reagan. After all,didn't Gore invent the internet and the tech boom? ;)

The CIA was predicting the fall of the USSR in the late 70's.

As for spending and taxes...if Obama had spent like Reagan:

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkb ... ke-reagan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:mrgreen:
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Chizzang wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Meh...

Yep, Took all the credit for the hard work of Nancy's astrologer.. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky