(7) Towson Tigers vs (1) NDSU Bison Frisco TX

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Longhorn
I am a fan of: JMU

Re: (7) Towson Tigers vs (1) NDSU Bison Frisco TX

Post by Longhorn »

NDSU can't score if they don't have the ball.

TU has an excellent OL, and West. If TU's OL controls the line of scrimmage and the clock, and there are no TOs, NDSU may be in for a long and disappointing afternoon.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Longhorn wrote:NDSU can't score if they don't have the ball.

TU has an excellent OL, and West. If TU's OL controls the line of scrimmage and the clock, and there are no TOs, NDSU may be in for a long and disappointing afternoon.
Good to see the Texas theme continuing with the smack talk against NDSU. TU may control the line for the first couple quarters, with NDSU rotating D-Line players the entire game, I expect to see the control change as the game goes deep.
GoAgs72
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: UC Davis

Post by GoAgs72 »

NDSU will lose .... possibly some game next season.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

rkwittem wrote:
Bronco wrote:I think EWU would have given the Bizon a better game

It appears that if you want to get under the Bizon posters skin mention the movie Fargo
Hardly. Issues here come from people who assume Fargo is like that. I personally don't care.

EWU would have been a better matchup. They would have been the fastest or 2nd fastest team NDSU played all year and their scheme is totally different from most teams NDSU plays. Towson will have to out-NDSU. I think that's a bad proposition. Styles make fights.
Pulling this quote over from the Towson vs. EWU thread. I don't usually agree with RKW but I do this time. Matchups are an important part of football and I think EWU would have been a more difficult matchup for NDSU. I'm not saying that Towson can't win but that EWU's speed and style of play would have presented greater problems to NDSU and greater opportunities for their opponent. NDSU & Towson are two similar teams and NDSU plays tough physical football, doesn't make mistakes and capitalizes on whatever mistakes their opponent makes. NDSU's depth and experience should be the difference.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Bison Fan in NW MN
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: NDSU
A.K.A.: bisoninnwmn

Post by Bison Fan in NW MN »

This might happen, but I doubt it. NDSU's defense will be the best Towson has faced this year. Towson is going to have to pass the ball to win. Towson ran through EIU and EWU, they will not against the Bison.

It will come down to the Towson defense and if they can consistently stop the Bison offense. I don't think they can.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

GoAgs72 wrote:NDSU will lose .... possibly some game next season.
I'm thinking on September 20th. :thumb:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Gil Dobie wrote:Image
Andy just made #3.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
The Kicker
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Football
A.K.A.: K

Post by The Kicker »

Bison Fan in NW MN wrote:

This might happen, but I doubt it. NDSU's defense will be the best Towson has faced this year. Towson is going to have to pass the ball to win. Towson ran through EIU and EWU, they will not against the Bison.

It will come down to the Towson defense and if they can consistently stop the Bison offense. I don't think they can.

Towson has stopped two of the best offenses on their road to Frisco. I think they will slow down NDSU too and give them a game but I really can't see their offense doing much if their starting QB is in fact out for the game. I'm thinking it's going to be a 27-10 type of game where NDSU's defense is going to set up the offense for a few short field scores. 13-10 at the half with NDSU pulling away in the 2nd half. Now if Towson can't get any running game going and get behind by two scores early it could be another ugly blowout 45-7 type of game.
Bison Fan in NW MN
Level2
Level2

The Kicker wrote:

Towson has stopped two of the best offenses on their road to Frisco. I think they will slow down NDSU too and give them a game but I really can't see their offense doing much if their starting QB is in fact out for the game. I'm thinking it's going to be a 27-10 type of game where NDSU's defense is going to set up the offense for a few short field scores. 13-10 at the half with NDSU pulling away in the 2nd half. Now if Towson can't get any running game going and get behind by two scores early it could be another ugly blowout 45-7 type of game.
Ya, I agree. But both EIU and EWU put up some yards on the Towson defense. I believe the Bison offense can do the same thing.
SunCoastBlueHen
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Delaware

Post by SunCoastBlueHen »

I would love for this to be a competitive game, I just don't see it happening. NDSU isn't just the best team in FCS, I think they are #1 by a significant margin. I will be watching and hoping Towson proves me wrong. :thumb:
Bison Fan in NW MN
Level2
Level2

If Towson can keep pressure off West by passing consistently, then the Bison will be in for a battle.

IMO, the Bison defense will do their thing, it will be up to the offense to keep drives going and keep West off the field.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Bison Fan in NW MN wrote:NDSU's defense will be the best Towson has faced this year.
Debatable. William and Mary's defense was pretty f-ing good. NDSU has slightly better stats. W&M had a slightly more difficult schedule.

The point I'm making is that Towson saw plenty of tough defenses in a CAA schedule.
Bison Fan in NW MN
Level2
Level2

93henfan wrote:
Bison Fan in NW MN wrote:NDSU's defense will be the best Towson has faced this year.
Debatable. William and Mary's defense was pretty f-ing good. NDSU has slightly better stats. W&M had a slightly more difficult schedule.

The point I'm making is that Towson saw plenty of tough defenses in a CAA schedule.

NDSU ranks higher compared to W&M in :

Total defense
Scoring defense
Rushing defense
Passing defense
3rd down %
Passing eff ranking
Net punting

W&M had a very good defense this year.

It will be fun to watch how they match up against each other.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

As I said, NDSU had better stats with an easier schedule. Both are great defenses.
Bison Fan in NW MN
Level2
Level2

93henfan wrote:As I said, NDSU had better stats with an easier schedule. Both are great defenses.
Easier schedule?

I suppose the CAA > MV right?

Both conferences are tough. NDSU went through theirs undefeated.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

93henfan wrote:As I said, NDSU had better stats with an easier schedule. Both are great defenses.
Easier schedule?

Good God, you're insufferable. Yes, believe it or not, William and Mary played a tougher schedule than NDSU and the CAA is a better conference.

Like I said, NDSU had slightly better stats and W&M played a slightly more difficult schedule. Nothing has changed since my first post.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

93henfan wrote:
Bison Fan in NW MN wrote:Last year it was 70% Bison fans against SHSU.

I wonder how many fans Towson will have?

Frisco will be probably 90% Bison fans....or more.
Towson doesn't travel well, and by travel, I mean walk to their own stadium. I doubt they bring much more than maybe 2,000 to Frisco. Maybe.
I heard that Towson doesn't even have fans, just former players like Andrea7171. Their attendance is based on how many cardboard cut out fans their training staff can assemble before kickoff.
talon38
I am a fan of: EWU

Post by talon38 »

As an Eastern Washington fan, I don't really care who wins. NDSU will be tough to beat, Towson could do it, but very unlikely. They are only there because EWU stopped themselves, not the Towson defense. We all saw it on ESPNU. Towson has NO answer for the Eastern offense in the 2nd half, just a 1 foot short on the goal line in the 1st half before halftime or a 6 inch overthrow to a wide open wide receiver in the late 4th, and Towson is done, they got very fortunate. I would have loved to see NDSU vs EWU in the NC, but next year. Good luck to both teams.
Keeper
I am a fan of: any team versus SoCal
A.K.A.: a thread killer

Post by Keeper »

What's the latest on Towson starting QB? Huge question me thinks.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

Fargo Fool'em Link
FARGO – The Towson University (Md.) football players will return to practice on Friday. By then, head coach Rob Ambrose said he’ll have a better idea on the health of starting quarterback Peter Athens.

The senior suffered a shoulder injury at the end of the first half Saturday in the Tigers’ 35-31 FCS semifinal win over Eastern Washington. Athens spent most of the second half on the sideline with his arm in a sling.

Ambrose said Monday that X-rays came up negative. He said he was told it’s not a separation and “nothing is broken.”

“This will be a week of rest and nothing but ice,” Ambrose said.

Athens started all 14 games, completing 220 of 334 passes for 3,050 yards, 17 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He won the job in fall practice from sophomore Connor Frazier, who played sparingly as a freshman and attempted only four passes this season heading into the semifinals.

He didn’t act like it on the game-winning drive against the Eagles. He finished 6 of 10 passing for 98 yards and scored on a quarterback sneak with 17 seconds and no Towson time outs left.

“The game plan didn’t change much,” Frazier said on the weekly Colonial Athletic Association conference call. “Coach Ambrose just said have some fun out there and let’s go win this thing.”

Ambrose said Frazier showed the ideal mentality after losing the bid for the starting quarterback spot. He saw some action at wide receiver, catching four passes for 62 yards and a touchdown.

He played that position in the first half against Eastern Washington before his quarterback duties were needed.

“After he lost the starting job, he really went about his day-to-day work like a professional,” Ambrose said. “What it did is allow him to keep his finger on the pulse of the offense at all times. What he did on Saturday was a culmination of months of preparation.”

Forum reporter Jeff Kolpack can be reached at (701) 241-5546.

Kolpack’s NDSU media blog can be found

at http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Gil Dobie on Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Kicker
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Football
A.K.A.: K

Post by The Kicker »

93henfan wrote:
Easier schedule?

Good God, you're insufferable. Yes, believe it or not, William and Mary played a tougher schedule than NDSU and the CAA is a better conference.

Like I said, NDSU had slightly better stats and W&M played a slightly more difficult schedule. Nothing has changed since my first post.

lol this is great! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: So William and Mary played vs the CAA so they have a tougher schedule!!! Last I checked NDSU made one of the top CAA teams look like a NAIA team last weekend. Also NDSU has played 3 non conference playoff teams and a Bowl team in Kansas St. Oh P.S. New Hampshire got 1/3 of their total yards vs NDSU's C-squad.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

The Kicker wrote:
93henfan wrote:

lol this is great! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: So William and Mary played vs the CAA so they have a tougher schedule!!! Last I checked NDSU made one of the top CAA teams look like a NAIA team last weekend. Also NDSU has played 3 non conference playoff teams and a Bowl team in Kansas St. Oh P.S. New Hampshire got 1/3 of their total yards vs NDSU's C-squad.
I stand by my comment.

Now I'm starting to understand why people hate NDSU fans so much. I say you have the best defense in FCS and you guys get butt hurt. Unreal. What the fuck is wrong with you people? You can't give one other team due credit for having a great defense while playing in a better conference? You act like a spoiled kid who complains about your Christmas presents. What a bunch of bitches. I guess I was wrong to give you all the benefit of the doubt the past several years. You really are as shitty as everyone else says. I was already pulling for Towson as a conference mate, and I believe NDSU will win, but I honestly hope Towson destroys you and sends your coach out with a loss to give you creeps what you deserve - a small dose of humility.
Last edited by 93henfan on Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bison Fan in NW MN
Level2
Level2

The Kicker wrote:
93henfan wrote:

Why try an argue.....

UNH had over 300 yards against W&M and just 61 against the Bison #1 defense.

NDSU's defense will stop Towson... :nod:
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

In reality, this National Championship features a top-5 FCS team vs. a top-35 FBS team. If Torson can dethrone NDSU, I'll consider it one of the most remarkable CFB upsets of all time.