EWU's Brandon Kaufman, Kyle Padron declare for NFL draft

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern Washington

EWU's Brandon Kaufman, Kyle Padron declare for NFL draft

Post by EWURanger »

Well, it's official. Big blow losing Edwards and Herd to graduation, and now Kaufman early to the draft. Best trio of WR's in the FCS in a long time.

http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/ar ... early.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

*Edit* Also Junior QB Kyle Padron. Not sure I understand that one, although he does have the measurables.
Last edited by EWURanger on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Peaches
A.K.A.: SE174

Re: Brandon Kaufman declares for NFL draft

Post by Screamin_Eagle174 »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: EWU's Brandon Kaufman, Kyle Padron declare for NFL draft

Post by SDHornet »

On behalf of BSC secondaries everywhere, THANK GOD!!! :nod:

And best of luck to them in the next level.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

EWURanger wrote: *Edit* Also Junior QB Kyle Padron. Not sure I understand that one, although he does have the measurables.
Is it a weak draft year at QB? Could be a possible reason there.
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

SDHornet wrote:
EWURanger wrote: *Edit* Also Junior QB Kyle Padron. Not sure I understand that one, although he does have the measurables.
Is it a weak draft year at QB? Could be a possible reason there.
The most ironic thing about it is that I think there's a good possibility Adams would have beat him out in the Spring. But maybe that had something to do with it as well.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

It sucks, but I can't blame either one. Without a 6'5" bailout on every play, the offense may need to become more balanced and efficient. Then again we've done this without the height advantage before. Time for VA, Clark, Hill, Mitchell, Johnson, and Cupp to shine. :nod:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Damn we don't even play EWU next season. :x
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

kalm wrote:It sucks, but I can't blame either one. Without a 6'5" bailout on every play, the offense may need to become more balanced and efficient. Then again we've done this without the height advantage before. Time for VA, Clark, Hill, Mitchell, Johnson, and Cupp to shine. :nod:
There is a 6'6 Freshman WR that redshirted this season. Don't know if he has BK's wheels or moves, though. :D
CatBlitz22
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by CatBlitz22 »

Wonder if Taiwan Jones gave them a ring. ;)

Also, :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

kalm wrote:It sucks, but I can't blame either one. Without a 6'5" bailout on every play, the offense may need to become more balanced and efficient. Then again we've done this without the height advantage before. Time for VA, Clark, Hill, Mitchell, Johnson, and Cupp to shine. :nod:
I'm really excited about Shaq Hill, Cooper Kupp and 6'6 Keylin Huddleston. Kupp essentially went beast mode during spring ball this past year, and Shaq is almost a smaller version of Taiwan Jones. All will get considerable playing time, and all are underclassmen along with RS Soph Vernon Adams. Plenty of time to gel together like the departing WR class did, except this current class will benefit from likely having only have one, two QBs tops instead of four.
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

Screamin_Eagle174 wrote:
I'm really excited about Shaq Hill, Cooper Kupp and 6'6 Keylin Huddleston. Kupp essentially went beast mode during spring ball this past year, and Shaq is almost a smaller version of Taiwan Jones. All will get considerable playing time, and all are underclassmen along with RS Soph Vernon Adams. Plenty of time to gel together like the departing WR class did, except this current class will benefit from likely having only have one, two QBs tops instead of four.
All those guys are burners, for sure. My concern is trying to replace the considerable size advantage we've had at WR the past 4 years.
uofmman1122
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: Japanese girls
A.K.A.: Randy Butternubs

Post by uofmman1122 »

Good riddance. :coffee:

Get your onside kick-snagging ass in the NFL where it belongs. We don't need any more of that next year. :lol:
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

EWURanger wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote: I'm really excited about Shaq Hill, Cooper Kupp and 6'6 Keylin Huddleston. Kupp essentially went beast mode during spring ball this past year, and Shaq is almost a smaller version of Taiwan Jones. All will get considerable playing time, and all are underclassmen along with RS Soph Vernon Adams. Plenty of time to gel together like the departing WR class did, except this current class will benefit from likely having only have one, two QBs tops instead of four.
All those guys are burners, for sure. My concern is trying to replace the considerable size advantage we've had at WR the past 4 years.
What are their 40 times???
rkwittem
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: North Dakota State

Post by rkwittem »

dal4018 wrote:
EWURanger wrote:
Just wait for the combine
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

EWURanger wrote:
Screamin_Eagle174 wrote: I'm really excited about Shaq Hill, Cooper Kupp and 6'6 Keylin Huddleston. Kupp essentially went beast mode during spring ball this past year, and Shaq is almost a smaller version of Taiwan Jones. All will get considerable playing time, and all are underclassmen along with RS Soph Vernon Adams. Plenty of time to gel together like the departing WR class did, except this current class will benefit from likely having only have one, two QBs tops instead of four.
Agreed. But you remember having similar concerns about replacing Kimble, Vigil, and McIntyre or Boyce? We haven't just had a good run of QB's. It's fun listening to Montana fans saying "good riddance" when one leaves and "where do they keep coming up with these guys" when a new one pops up. :thumb:

Kaufmann was an amazing talent from a hands and technique standpoint. Can't replace him but I think we'll be alright.
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

dal4018 wrote:
EWURanger wrote:
I was talking about the Freshman WR's we've got. As far as Kaufman, at 6'5 he'll probably run in the 4.55 range is my guess. Herd and Edwards will run faster than that, with Herd being the fastest out of the trio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by EWURanger on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

kalm wrote:
EWURanger wrote:
Agreed. But you remember having similar concerns about replacing Kimble, Vigil, and McIntyre or Boyce? We haven't just had a good run of QB's. It's fun listening to Montana fans saying "good riddance" when one leaves and "where do they keep coming up with these guys" when a new one pops up. :thumb:

Kaufmann was an amazing talent from a hands and technique standpoint. Can't replace him but I think we'll be alright.
I know what you're saying and I agree...but I doubt we will see a "trio" like Edwards, Kaufman, and Herd for a while.

Did McIntyre play on the same teams as Boyce and Vigil? I thought he, Vigil, and Kimble all played with Meyer and Boyce was with Nichols.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

EWURanger wrote:
kalm wrote:

I know what you're saying and I agree...but I doubt we will see a "trio" like Edwards, Kaufman, and Herd for a while.

Did McIntyre play on the same teams as Boyce and Vigil? I thought he, Vigil, and Kimble all played with Meyer and Boyce was with Nichols.

Mac, Kimble, and Vigil played together. You are correct about Boyce and Nichols.

Another interesting part of this is given VA's duel threat and size, we're gonna need a very capable back up QB.
Screamin_Eagle174
Supporter
Supporter

It's Vijil. :lol:
EWURanger
Supporter
Supporter

Post by EWURanger »

Yes, him too. :lol:
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

EWURanger wrote:
dal4018 wrote:What are their 40 times???
I was talking about the Freshman WR's we've got. As far as Kaufman, at 6'5 he'll probably run in the 4.55 range is my guess. Herd and Edwards will run faster than that, with Herd being the fastest out of the trio.

Hope those guys have track backgrounds.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

rkwittem wrote:
dal4018 wrote:What are their 40 times???
Just wait for the combine
Can hardly wait!!!