Political discussions
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Team Trump v/s Everyone

Post by BDKJMU »

bobbythekidd wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:39 am It's time for another weekly review of Trump's winning. This week:

Ran out of time to put up a bond in the E. Jean Carroll case. Monday asset seizure will commence.

Ordered to pay $380,000 for Steel's legal fees.

Still on the clock to put up a bond for his fraud trial.

Claims he is super rich and doesn't need to worry about money, yet his parking lot attorney is begging the court to reduce the amount of his bond.

So much winning!
Wrong
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1jyQMx
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

Trump asks judge to delay New York criminal trial until Supreme Court rules on presidential immunity
Trump's filing contends that he's immune from state prosecution based on "official acts," and that some of the evidence against him should be kept out of trial because they were official acts — including his tweets and public comments.
“The evidence overwhelmingly suggests that the matter was a purely a personal item of the President — a cover-up of an embarrassing event. Hush money paid to an adult film star is not related to a President’s official acts,” Hellerstein wrote in his ruling.
If trump continues to attempt to delay every lawsuit he faces with claims of Presidential Immunity even when it's pretty clear his actions were not related to his duties as President, SCOTUS should expedite the immunity decision so that the trails can continue. If he doesn't want that to happen then he should stop trying to use it as an excuse to delay trials where immunity isn't a consideration.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Oh oh. Co-defendant #5 is spilling some beans.

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:04 pm Trump asks judge to delay New York criminal trial until Supreme Court rules on presidential immunity
Trump's filing contends that he's immune from state prosecution based on "official acts," and that some of the evidence against him should be kept out of trial because they were official acts — including his tweets and public comments.
“The evidence overwhelmingly suggests that the matter was a purely a personal item of the President — a cover-up of an embarrassing event. Hush money paid to an adult film star is not related to a President’s official acts,” Hellerstein wrote in his ruling.
If trump continues to attempt to delay every lawsuit he faces with claims of Presidential Immunity even when it's pretty clear his actions were not related to his duties as President, SCOTUS should expedite the immunity decision so that the trails can continue.If he doesn't want that to happen then he should stop trying to use it as an excuse to delay trials where immunity isn't a consideration.
I don't understand why an innocent person with the facts on their side wouldn't want this trial over yesterday. :ohno:

You'd think somebody who a) has nothing to hide and b) has been a victim all his life, would want that trial ASAP.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

houndawg wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:07 pm
UNI88 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:04 pm Trump asks judge to delay New York criminal trial until Supreme Court rules on presidential immunity

If trump continues to attempt to delay every lawsuit he faces with claims of Presidential Immunity even when it's pretty clear his actions were not related to his duties as President, SCOTUS should expedite the immunity decision so that the trails can continue.If he doesn't want that to happen then he should stop trying to use it as an excuse to delay trials where immunity isn't a consideration.
I don't understand why an innocent person with the facts on their side wouldn't want this trial over yesterday. :ohno:

You'd think somebody who a) has nothing to hide and b) has been a victim all his life, would want that trial ASAP.
So now people aren't innocent until proven guilty, they're innocent until they do anything other than a speedy trial, and then we just know they're guilty as sin just for delaying a trial? Come on, people delay trials all the time for a variety of reasons. Going to trial is basically rolling the dice - you have 1 person (a judge) or 12 people (assume size of a jury) who will decide something. People avoid trials all the time for those reasons. He might be guilty as sin, but delaying a trial isn't indicative of anything other than not wanting to have the trial right now or as soon as possible. Still have to prove him guilty before he's guilty. Darn details.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:21 pm

So now people aren't innocent until proven guilty, they're innocent until they do anything other than a speedy trial, and then we just know they're guilty as sin just for delaying a trial? Come on, people delay trials all the time for a variety of reasons. Going to trial is basically rolling the dice - you have 1 person (a judge) or 12 people (assume size of a jury) who will decide something. People avoid trials all the time for those reasons. He might be guilty as sin, but delaying a trial isn't indicative of anything other than not wanting to have the trial right now or as soon as possible. Still have to prove him guilty before he's guilty. Darn details.
He’s still innocent until proven guilty. He has a right to use delaying tactics as allowed by a court. But his delaying strategy in multiple trials is not really in question by most pundits. Questioning his motivation here does not deny him of his rights.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:52 pm

He’s still innocent until proven guilty. He has a right to use delaying tactics as allowed by a court. But his delaying strategy in multiple trials is not really in question by most pundits. Questioning his motivation here does not deny him of his rights.
Well, not according to houndie. He's pretty clear that all these delaying tactics couldn't be done by an innocent person, ergo, he must be guilty. And it's not like houndie is some profound, original thinker. If he's gotten to that point then so have loads of people before him.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:20 am

Well, not according to houndie. He's pretty clear that all these delaying tactics couldn't be done by an innocent person, ergo, he must be guilty. And it's not like houndie is some profound, original thinker. If he's gotten to that point then so have loads of people before him.
Innocent people with the facts and evidence on their side (and who are running for office) use delaying tactics?

Ok
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

The delaying tactics suggest but are definitely not proof of guilt or fear.

I don't think trump thinks he did anything wrong. He's a sociopath who can justify everything he's done. I think he's afraid that he'll be railroaded and found guilty.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:36 am

Innocent people with the facts and evidence on their side (and who are running for office) use delaying tactics?

Ok
Oh, so guilty then. Certainly much more efficient than relying on an actual court case. :notworthy:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:22 am
kalm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:36 am

Ok
Oh, so guilty then. Certainly much more efficient than relying on an actual court case. :notworthy:
(Looks around to see if anyone is arguing this shouldn’t be tried)

:?
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:29 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:22 am

You should turn on the lights. It seems like you're in the dark here. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:38 am
kalm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:29 am

You should turn on the lights. I’ve got nothing so I’ll resort to insults. :coffee:
FYP, CaribbeanGannonfan.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:34 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:38 am

You should turn on the lights. I’ve got nothing so I’ll resort to insults. :coffee:
FYP, CaribbeanGannonfan.
Well, you're awfully ironical today, I'll give you that.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Manhattan DA asks to delay start of Trump's hush money trial

The Manhattan district attorney's office told a judge Thursday that it would accept a 30-day delay to the start of the hush money case against former president Donald Trump, citing newly disclosed evidence from the U.S. attorney's office in Manhattan.

"Specifically, yesterday the USAO produced approximately 31,000 pages of additional records and represented that there will be another production of documents by next week," the district attorney's office said in a motion to the court requesting the delay.

"Based on our initial review of yesterday's production, those records appear to contain materials related to the subject matter of this case, including materials that the People requested from the USAO more than a year ago and that the USAO previously declined to provide," the motion said.…
https://abcnews.go.com/US/manhattan-da- ... =108122637
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Burisma!!!
An American company that paid the now indicted FBI informant Alexander Smirnov in 2020 is connected to a UK company owned by Trump business associates in Dubai, according to business filings and court documents.

Smirnov is now accused of lying to the FBI about Hunter Biden and his father, President Joe Biden, alleging that they engaged in a bribery scheme with executives at the Ukrainian energy company Burisma. Smirnov’s accounts to the FBI, beginning in 2020, that federal prosecutors now say are fabrications, served as a major justification of the House impeachment investigation into the Bidens.

Republican lawmakers have repeatedly touted Smirnov as a reliable informant, and the chairman of the House oversight committee, James Comer, even threatened to hold the FBI director, Christopher Wray, in contempt unless he “handed over” a June 2020 FBI form with Smirnov’s claims to the committee.

Back in 2020, Smirnov was paid $600,000 by a company called Economic Transformation Technologies (ETT), prosecutors said. That same year, Smirnov began lying to the FBI about the Bidens, according to the indictment
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... SX8C7aInmQ
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Oh please, you're starting to sound like CH. :roll:

I didn't say he was guilty, that was you misconstruing. I just said he acts oddly for someone with nothing to hide. If Iwere in that position I'd want to be cleared as quickly as possible, especially when it would guarantee me getting elected.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Clearly the ‘appearsnce of conflict of interest’ standard was met. The white male judge too cowardly in the blue (and
black) ATL/Fulton Co to toss a black female prosecutor because he knew he be branded a racist, etc..
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

There you go again. Gone from CH to Lou Dobbs tan suit level hyperventilation :ohno:

Delaying tactics might very well be used by an innocent person - when the number of times that you use delaying tactics stretches into the thousands you're talking about something different - the fact that you've had opportunity to use them thousands of times tells the story. Donald Trump is a special case of delaying tactics like the Pythagorean Theorem is a special case of the Law of Cosines. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:58 am Clearly the ‘appearsnce of conflict of interest’ standard was met. The white male judge too cowardly in the blue (and
black) ATL/Fulton Co to toss a black female prosecutor because he knew he be branded a racist, etc..
The desperation increases
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:14 am
BDKJMU wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:58 am Clearly the ‘appearsnce of conflict of interest’ standard was met. The white male judge too cowardly in the blue (and
Yes, the left is desperate in their lawfare against Trump..
Last edited by BDKJMU on Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Does anyone have the actual timeline of events?
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:40 pm
houndawg wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:14 am

Yes, the left is desperate in their lawfare against Trump..
:lol:

tick tock.... :coffee:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Because you haven’t been living in a Banana Republic long enough Blondi … can’t teach an old Dog new tricks