OL FU
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Furman

Re: Who are your heroes?

Post by OL FU »

GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:25 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:52 am

He stole the Republican Party right out from under the Party overlords.
Indeed, that's a fair assessment. And it's counter to how the powerbrokers on the other side of the aisle have maintained control of the Democratic party, despite a sizeable groundswell from within the party. I think in the end, Trump and his supporters were/are far more nihilistic than Bernie and his supporters, especially when you compare Trump and Bernie - Bernie was happy to take what was given and walk away, Trump is all about him all the time.
Oh no Trump is stealing FU all the time😭
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

OL FU wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:13 pm
GannonFan wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:25 pm

Indeed, that's a fair assessment. And it's counter to how the powerbrokers on the other side of the aisle have maintained control of the Democratic party, despite a sizeable groundswell from within the party. I think in the end, Trump and his supporters were/are far more nihilistic than Bernie and his supporters, especially when you compare Trump and Bernie - Bernie was happy to take what was given and walk away, Trump is all about him all the time.
It lives!
OL FU
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Furman

Post by OL FU »

AshevilleApp wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:38 pm
OL FU wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:13 pm

It lives!
It lives or shit lives😊
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Adam Clayton Powell!!!!!!
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: DELAWARE

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Rick Monday
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:35 am Rick Monday
Great moment

Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 7:07 am
Great moment

I knew you would remember
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Malcolm X!!!!!!!
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

dal4018 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:04 am Malcolm X!!!!!!!
He definitely knew the dangers of white elitist democrats
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:10 am
dal4018 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:04 am Malcolm X!!!!!!!
He definitely knew the dangers of white elitist democrats
Yes he did he was mistrustful of the entire political system and MLK finally realized that MX was speaking the truth about the USA as a whole.MLK said that he thought he integrated into a "BURNING HOUSE"!!!!!!!!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

dal4018 wrote:
Caribbean Hen wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:10 am He definitely knew the dangers of white elitist democrats
Yes he did he was mistrustful of the entire political system and MLK finally realized that MX was speaking the truth about the USA as a whole.MLK said that he thought he integrated into a "BURNING HOUSE"!!!!!!!!
MX also understood and respected MLK’s approach.

Malcolm X
In early 1965, while King was jailed in Selma, Alabama, Malcolm traveled to Selma, where he had a private meeting with Coretta Scott King. “I didn’t come to Selma to make his job difficult,” he assured Coretta. “I really did come thinking that I could make it easier. If the white people realize what the alternative is, perhaps they will be more willing to hear Dr. King” (Scott King, 256).

On 21 February 1965, just a few weeks after his visit to Selma, Malcolm X was assassinated. King called his murder a “great tragedy” and expressed his regret that it “occurred at a time when Malcolm X was … moving toward a greater understanding of the nonviolent movement” (King, 24 February 1965). He asserted that Malcolm’s murder deprived “the world of a potentially great leader” (King, “The Nightmare of Violence”).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

Rosalind Franklin and her crystallography skills. Without her, Watson and Crick would not have been able to deduce DNA was a helix. She should have gotten a Nobel.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:49 pm
dal4018 wrote:

Malcolm X
In early 1965, while King was jailed in Selma, Alabama, Malcolm traveled to Selma, where he had a private meeting with Coretta Scott King. “I didn’t come to Selma to make his job difficult,” he assured Coretta. “I really did come thinking that I could make it easier. If the white people realize what the alternative is, perhaps they will be more willing to hear Dr. King” (Scott King, 256).

On 21 February 1965, just a few weeks after his visit to Selma, Malcolm X was assassinated. King called his murder a “great tragedy” and expressed his regret that it “occurred at a time when Malcolm X was … moving toward a greater understanding of the nonviolent movement” (King, 24 February 1965). He asserted that Malcolm’s murder deprived “the world of a potentially great leader” (King, “The Nightmare of Violence”).

Yes he did but he also went his own way.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

UNI88 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:49 pm
dal4018 wrote:

Malcolm X

That is why I will always say that MX was murdered by the US GOVERNMENT they knew that he was the biggest impediment to their phony image.He still believed that we as black ppl have the natural right of self defense.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Muhammad Ali
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:52 am
Muhammad Ali
Howard Cosell
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Francis Perkins
Teddy Roosevelt
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:24 am
houndawg wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:52 am

Muhammad Ali
Howard Cosell

Have you read Cosell by Cosell?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

kalm wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:36 am Francis Perkins
Teddy Roosevelt
:thumb:
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:57 am
Caribbean Hen wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:24 am

Howard Cosell

No

Tell me a story
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:56 pm
houndawg wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:57 am

No

Tell me a story
NYC, Cosell is walking past a construction site and some of the construction workers flag him down and banter about sports starts with one of the guys giving him a lot of static about his support of Muhammad Ali and how Ali was too chicken to report when drafted, Ali was all mouth, muslim, yada yada... if you were around at the time you know what he said. Cosell happened to know that Ali was in town, he had the guys name so he calls Ali to prank the guy. Next morning Ali shows up at the job site with his game face on wanting to know "where Frankie Ima whup his ass..somebody hold me back..etc.." to the general hilarity of all this guys buddies and co-workers.
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

houndawg wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:42 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:56 pm

No

Tell me a story
NYC, Cosell is walking past a construction site and some of the construction workers flag him down and banter about sports starts with one of the guys giving him a lot of static about his support of Muhammad Ali and how Ali was too chicken to report when drafted, Ali was all mouth, muslim, yada yada... if you were around at the time you know what he said. Cosell happened to know that Ali was in town, he had the guys name so he calls Ali to prank the guy. Next morning Ali shows up at the job site with his game face on wanting to know "where Frankie Ima whup his ass..somebody hold me back..etc.." to the general hilarity of all this guys buddies and co-workers.
Haha that’s a good one
Caribbean Hen
Level2
Level2

Post by Caribbean Hen »

Uncle Jack

He’s pushing 90 and I just met him a few years ago. He’s actually my son in laws uncle. Very well groomed and well dressed classy man that lives in the Hamptons and casual CH had to make a showing out on ritzy eastern LI because I was the father of the bride to be.

Anyway, they only thing that I knew about him from my daughter was that he had came to the states from Morocco in the 50s. Kind of curious how he ended up a multi millionaire and still running his own business out in the Hamptons at 88 years of age…..

He told me when he first came he was working nonstop, this was circa 1955.

I said, what do you mean nonstop? like where? Anywhere anything you name it, I wasn’t even sleeping…

I told him you’ve gotta be kidding me… no sleep?

Yes, at first I was working two or three days without sleeping, but I got sick…. and had to slow down meaning I had get some sleep. He was living in Queens and saved up enough money to start his own business. He said by the early 70s New York City crime was so bad that he needed to get out of there and then headed out to the Hamptons.

And then he looked at me with his baby blues and said, It really saddens me as to what this country has become and the fucking President is an idiot……. Before he said that, I already had a great admiration for him, but after he said that, Uncle Jack became my newest hero.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:01 pm Uncle Jack

He’s pushing 90 and I just met him a few years ago. He’s actually my son in laws uncle. Very well groomed and well dressed classy man that lives in the Hamptons and casual CH had to make a showing out on ritzy eastern LI because I was the father of the bride to be.

Anyway, they only thing that I knew about him from my daughter was that he had came to the states from Morocco in the 50s. Kind of curious how he ended up a multi millionaire and still running his own business out in the Hamptons at 88 years of age…..

I said, what do you mean nonstop? like where? Anywhere anything you name it, I wasn’t even sleeping…

Yes, at first I was working two or three days without sleeping, but I got sick…. and had to slow down meaning I had get some sleep. He was living in Queens and saved up enough money to start his own business. He said by the early 70s New York City crime was so bad that he needed to get out of there and then headed out to the Hamptons.

And then he looked at me with his baby blues and said, It really saddens me as to what this country has become and the fucking President is an idiot……. Before he said that, I already had a great admiration for him, but after he said that, Uncle Jack became my newest hero.
He must have been from a big city in the north. I never saw a Moroccan with blue eyes, I'm sure they have them, but I lived in the south east near the Algerian border. I did see a Berber woman with red hair and green eyes at a wedding in the Atlas mountains.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:24 pm
Caribbean Hen wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:01 pm Uncle Jack

He must have been from a big city in the north. I never saw a Moroccan with blue eyes, I'm sure they have them, but I lived in the south east near the Algerian border. I did see a Berber woman with red hair and green eyes at a wedding in the Atlas mountains.
Blue-eyed and/or red-haired Moroccans? Probably descended form University of Idaho fans ...
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm