SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: Coronavirus COVID-19

Post by SeattleGriz »

SDHornet wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:36 pm
I read her whole thread. She's like an abused spouse that keeps blaming herself.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ovcasionlly the Fake News MSM gets something right, and Trump gets some of the blame for this one. This $$$ never should have been given out without rigorous safeguards in place. Biggest $$ fraud in the history of the US. We’re talking 1/4 to 1/2 trillion dollar ballpark. Not really new news, but new coverage of the scope of it.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... p-n1279664
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:08 am Ovcasionlly the Fake News MSM gets something right, and Trump gets some of the blame for this one. This $$$ never should have been given out without rigorous safeguards in place. Biggest $$ fraud in the history of the US. We’re talking 1/4 to 1/2 trillion dollar ballpark. Not really new news, but new coverage of the scope of it.
Yep. I saw it as Trump trying to compensate companies and get out of the way, but agreed it was a little too much of "getting out of the way". Let's hope they never do an audit of how many medical facilities got to jack their payments up by simply showing a positive PCR on a patient and collecting the Covid money.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:19 pm
Gil Dobie wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:35 pm

So you trust the tested ivermectin, which does have side-effects as does the vaccine, but you don't trust a tested vaccine? Where do you draw the line?
Ivermectin has side effects at the dosage recommended by doctors who have been treating COVID with it? First I've heard of that and I'm not sure you are correct.

That's why I don't care about either HCQ or Ivermectin being used as possible treatment. They both have great track records of usage and no known issues at recommended dosage that I'm aware of.

Even if you are wrong, it's not that I don't trust the vaccine, it's that I am at no risk and would rather catch Covid. I would rather have robust durable protection and keep building that with further exposure.

You remember the cruise ship Diamond Princess? 3711 people on board, quarantined for two weeks? Only 28% caught COVID and half of those showed no symptoms. There were case after case of one person in a room coming down with COVID and the rest tested negative. That means in a good portion of the population, Covid couldn't even infect them due to their current levels of immunity. You going to tell me cruise ships are filled with our finest physical specimens?

We already had a decent level of protection and still do. I'll get my Covid shot with my flu shot when I'm over 65. COVID is going after the same people that worry every cold and flu season, although a little deeper into the population. I'm not anywhere close to that group.

The French have developed an attenuated virus vaccine that I would take. Get the whole virus and not just the s protein, but would prefer to catch it, as to train the mucosal membrane as well as the other pathways skipped by vaccination. Keep wondering how I live in the original epicenter and still haven't caught it yet.

My main point is the vaccines are not going to result in zero Covid and end this pandemic, but they are being pushed as such. Plus I like pointing out the bullshit in the narrative. No immunity, asymptomatic spreaders, pandemic of the unvaccinated. They've all dropped to the wayside already.

On the flip side, there are PLENTY of people that overestimate their immunological health and should get the vaccine for safety's sake. We are a nation that is in very poor shape.
Now how was I right about mucosal IgA? Everyone who was worth their salt knew about mucosal IgA, they just didn't want to tell you.

https://interestingengineering.com/immu ... infections

Hidden immune feature my ass. This is also proof many didn't need a vaccine, as they already had pre-existing protection from being around Covid "cousins".
A hidden immune feature may have spared unvaccinated people from COVID-19 infections
A team of researchers from the University of Gothenburg has just taken another step toward understanding how the immune system develops resistance against COVID-19.

For six months, the researchers at the University’s Sahlgrenska Academy investigated 156 employees from five primary care health facilities who were recruited during April and May 2020. None of these employees had been vaccinated against COVID-19, and the majority of them had to work with infected patients on a daily basis during the height of the pandemic.

They identified IgA (immunoglobulin A) in the respiratory tracts of several of the personnel who didn't catch COVID-19, which could mean they had an antidote in their immune systems all this time.

These antibodies are found naturally in mucous membrane secretions in the airways and gastrointestinal tract, where they protect the body by binding to viruses and other invading organisms
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Title of study says it all.

https://www.jpeds.com/article/S0022-347 ... lltext#%20
Persistent Cardiac MRI Findings in a Cohort of Adolescents with post COVID-19 mRNA vaccine
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:22 pm Title of study says it all.

Persistent Cardiac MRI Findings in a Cohort of Adolescents with post COVID-19 mRNA vaccine
I'll say it again, anyone pushing for the jab for people under 18 are fucking morons. That age could probably be upped to a higher...
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:22 pm Title of study says it all.

There is nothing in that study that contradicts FDA's conclusion that the vaccine is safe and effective for adolescents. You can see what "safe" means in that context at https://www.fda.gov/patients/learn-abou ... rugs-label:
Safe” does not mean that the drug has no side effects. Instead, it means the FDA has determined the benefits of using the drug for a particular use outweigh the potential risks.
The study you linked did not address that question at all. It simply looks at things going on with a small number of people who got vaccinated and did develop myocarditis. And the authors did not at all suggest that people in the age group they were dealing with not get vaccinated. Their bottom line is that further studies are needed in order to fully understand the risk.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:19 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:19 pm

Ivermectin has side effects at the dosage recommended by doctors who have been treating COVID with it? First I've heard of that and I'm not sure you are correct.

That's why I don't care about either HCQ or Ivermectin being used as possible treatment. They both have great track records of usage and no known issues at recommended dosage that I'm aware of.

Even if you are wrong, it's not that I don't trust the vaccine, it's that I am at no risk and would rather catch Covid. I would rather have robust durable protection and keep building that with further exposure.

You remember the cruise ship Diamond Princess? 3711 people on board, quarantined for two weeks? Only 28% caught COVID and half of those showed no symptoms. There were case after case of one person in a room coming down with COVID and the rest tested negative. That means in a good portion of the population, Covid couldn't even infect them due to their current levels of immunity. You going to tell me cruise ships are filled with our finest physical specimens?

We already had a decent level of protection and still do. I'll get my Covid shot with my flu shot when I'm over 65. COVID is going after the same people that worry every cold and flu season, although a little deeper into the population. I'm not anywhere close to that group.

The French have developed an attenuated virus vaccine that I would take. Get the whole virus and not just the s protein, but would prefer to catch it, as to train the mucosal membrane as well as the other pathways skipped by vaccination. Keep wondering how I live in the original epicenter and still haven't caught it yet.

My main point is the vaccines are not going to result in zero Covid and end this pandemic, but they are being pushed as such. Plus I like pointing out the bullshit in the narrative. No immunity, asymptomatic spreaders, pandemic of the unvaccinated. They've all dropped to the wayside already.

On the flip side, there are PLENTY of people that overestimate their immunological health and should get the vaccine for safety's sake. We are a nation that is in very poor shape.
Now how was I right about mucosal IgA? Everyone who was worth their salt knew about mucosal IgA, they just didn't want to tell you.

Hidden immune feature my ass. This is also proof many didn't need a vaccine, as they already had pre-existing protection from being around Covid "cousins".
A hidden immune feature may have spared unvaccinated people from COVID-19 infections
A team of researchers from the University of Gothenburg has just taken another step toward understanding how the immune system develops resistance against COVID-19.

For six months, the researchers at the University’s Sahlgrenska Academy investigated 156 employees from five primary care health facilities who were recruited during April and May 2020. None of these employees had been vaccinated against COVID-19, and the majority of them had to work with infected patients on a daily basis during the height of the pandemic.

They identified IgA (immunoglobulin A) in the respiratory tracts of several of the personnel who didn't catch COVID-19, which could mean they had an antidote in their immune systems all this time.

These antibodies are found naturally in mucous membrane secretions in the airways and gastrointestinal tract, where they protect the body by binding to viruses and other invading organisms
I went ahead and left all of the stuff in the quote so I didn't screw up trying to isolate. But focus on the underlined portions.

Seriously? "Several" of the personnel didn't catch COVID-19 which "could" mean...

The authors of the article did not even "rebuke" vaccination. Here is a paragraph from the article:
It should be noted that the majority of the COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective against severe illness, hospitalization, and death. In fact, as the Omicron subvariant BA.2 replaces its sister version, BA.1, as the dominant form of COVID-19 in many countries, researchers have discovered that two doses of COVID vaccination still appear to reduce the risk of infection caused by the new subvariant.
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:24 am
SDHornet wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:36 pm
I read her whole thread. She's like an abused spouse that keeps blaming herself.
There is actually something to this one. But it is not a big deal. See https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-res ... cle-length.
“It is reassuring that the study found only a small, temporary menstrual change in women,” says NICHD Director Dr. Diana Bianchi, “These results provide, for the first time, an opportunity to counsel women about what to expect from COVID-19 vaccination so they can plan accordingly.”
Could I ever be a star?

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

BDKJMU wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:08 am Ovcasionlly the Fake News MSM gets something right, and Trump gets some of the blame for this one. This $$$ never should have been given out without rigorous safeguards in place. Biggest $$ fraud in the history of the US. We’re talking 1/4 to 1/2 trillion dollar ballpark. Not really new news, but new coverage of the scope of it.
Small potatos. An order of magnitude less than the amount the Pentagon has "lost". :coffee:

BDMBFK - :ohno:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Shocker…

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Completely normal, nothing to see here.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Just popped in to post the language posted the day before yesterday by the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Here it is:
FDA’s authorization of a second COVID-19 booster shot for individuals 50 and over provides another opportunity for people to increase their level of protection against severe disease, hospitalization and death.

IDSA calls on Congress to pass another COVID-19 supplemental funding bill to ensure that all individuals can access COVID-19 vaccines, including newly authorized boosters, as well as COVID-19 tests and therapeutics. The bill should also include the resources necessary for global COVID-19 vaccination and response in order to prevent the development and spread of new variants.

Vaccination remains a critical tool to end the pandemic, and IDSA strongly encourages all individuals to stay up to date on their vaccinations.
https://www.idsociety.org/news--publica ... d-booster/

Of course we all know infectious disease experts don't know what they are talking about. We all know that it's better to listen to stuff in Tweets and stuff posted on message boards by people taking things out of context, ect. Never mind that the CDC, the WHO, the AMA, the IDSA, and every other professional organization having to do with such things are telling you that getting as many people vaccinated to the recommended level as soon as possible is the thing to do. Somebody Tweeted something. Or somebody looked at a table in a report and interpreted in a way the authors said it shouldn't be interpreted. That sort of thing.
Could I ever be a star?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:28 pm Just popped in to post the language posted the day before yesterday by the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Here it is:
FDA’s authorization of a second COVID-19 booster shot for individuals 50 and over provides another opportunity for people to increase their level of protection against severe disease, hospitalization and death.

IDSA calls on Congress to pass another COVID-19 supplemental funding bill to ensure that all individuals can access COVID-19 vaccines, including newly authorized boosters, as well as COVID-19 tests and therapeutics. The bill should also include the resources necessary for global COVID-19 vaccination and response in order to prevent the development and spread of new variants.

Vaccination remains a critical tool to end the pandemic, and IDSA strongly encourages all individuals to stay up to date on their vaccinations.

Of course we all know infectious disease experts don't know what they are talking about. We all know that it's better to listen to stuff in Tweets and stuff posted on message boards by people taking things out of context, ect. Never mind that the CDC, the WHO, the AMA, the IDSA, and every other professional organization having to do with such things are telling you that getting as many people vaccinated to the recommended level as soon as possible is the thing to do. Somebody Tweeted something. Or somebody looked at a table in a report and interpreted in a way the authors said it shouldn't be interpreted. That sort of thing.
I’ll be getting it.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Still running on my original shots here (received them late last year).

And unless a booster is needed for travel into certain countries, I will not be receiving it.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:28 pm Just popped in to post the language posted the day before yesterday by the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Here it is:

Oh no! People actually weighing the risk vs reward of the vaccine AND taking responsibility for their own health.

Two questions for you:
1) Did the FDA take this decision to their review board for input?
2) What trial/study is this decision based on?
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

JohnStOnge wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:04 pm
SeattleGriz wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:19 pm

I went ahead and left all of the stuff in the quote so I didn't screw up trying to isolate. But focus on the underlined portions.

Seriously? "Several" of the personnel didn't catch COVID-19 which "could" mean...

The authors of the article did not even "rebuke" vaccination. Here is a paragraph from the article:
It should be noted that the majority of the COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective against severe illness, hospitalization, and death. In fact, as the Omicron subvariant BA.2 replaces its sister version, BA.1, as the dominant form of COVID-19 in many countries, researchers have discovered that two doses of COVID vaccination still appear to reduce the risk of infection caused by the new subvariant.
You missed my point. I've been arguing about mucosal IgA since December since it's fairly common knowledge, but now we finally see four months later that it's considered a "hidden ability".

That fact lies into my calculation of risk vs reward in choosing to not take the currently available vaccines in the US. The reward is non-existent for me. It's all risk, especially considering the heart inflammation issue.

Please feel free to take as many vaccines as you like, but getting infected is going to be my vaccine. Most potent vaccination by the way.

I'll just leave this here for you.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

I see child abuse for 2-4 yr olds in NYC is back on.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Pelosi has Covid
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:35 am Pelosi has Covid
So does Merrick Garland.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:35 am Pelosi has Covid
Yesterday ...

Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SeattleGriz »

Finally vanquished. StOnge
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

China Virus hitting high up DC donks right and left, and there’s Commiela hugging Jackson after she got confirmed. They think COVID doesn’t affect black women..
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:29 pm Completely normal, nothing to see here.

i found a story on that at https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 48255.html. No reference to vaccination in it. Also don't see any reference to a heart attack. But let's go with he was vaccinated and he had a heart attack.

You can find stories of young people dying of heart attacks. i Googled for a while and gave up trying to get TOO specific on the numbers. But i did find this quote in the article at https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 48255.html:
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 2,000 young, seemingly healthy people under age 25 in the United States die each year of sudden cardiac arrest.
That works out to about 5.5 such deaths per day on average. So if one wants to find stories about young people who died of cardiac arrest, they can find them at any time. The question is whether there is any evidence in the data that health institutions are monitoring to suggest that things like that, which are happening all the time, appear to be happening among vaccinated young people at a frequency that is greater than that among unvaccinated young people to a degree that can't be reasonably accounted for by chance.

i think that young man in the picture died in England, but you can read about the results of such monitoring at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... vents.html.
Could I ever be a star?