GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Here We Go Again (Minneapolis, MN)

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:21 am
∞∞∞ wrote: I have smart color bulbs around my home. Around a year ago, a mom knocked on my door...said she lived in the neighborhood (I had never seen her before) and that her child was afraid of my house when the bulbs were set to red...something about monsters.

So instead of teaching her daughter that red light =/= monsters, she decided to police what I did in my home.

I'm not about terrifying little kids, so I did agree...but definitely made it known to her that this was a parenting issue. She got annoyed at that and no doubt bitched to the rest of the Karens on neighborhood.com about my attitude even though I was willing to play along.

edit: I definitely want to know what goes through the mind of someone who marries these people and decided, "yeah this is the one." Although I suppose people do change over time. Regardless, I feel bad for the person coming home to that every day.
In your utopia you would be forced to change your bulbs

for the collective good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Irony for sure.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

GannonFan wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:14 am
CID1990 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:21 am
In your utopia you would be forced to change your bulbs

for the collective good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Irony for sure.
Yeah...just like economics...because there’s nothing in between total statist tyranny and reasonable laws. All or nothing baby!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:40 am
GannonFan wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:14 am
Irony for sure.
Yeah...just like economics...because there’s nothing in between total statist tyranny and reasonable laws. All or nothing baby!
Or leadership. Make a couple (thousand) boneheaded tweets and all of a sudden you're a fascist.

Hyperbole is a two way street in today's society. Why do you call the right out on theirs and rationalize the left's?

:D
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:34 am I have smart color bulbs around my home. Around a year ago, a mom knocked on my door...said she lived in the neighborhood (I had never seen her before) and that her child was afraid of my house when the bulbs were set to red...something about monsters.

So instead of teaching her daughter that red light =/= monsters, she decided to police what I did in my home.

I'm not about terrifying little kids, so I did agree...but definitely made it known to her that this was a parenting issue. She got annoyed at that and no doubt bitched to the rest of the Karens on neighborhood.com about my attitude even though I was willing to play along.

edit: I definitely want to know what goes through the mind of someone who marries these people and decided, "yeah this is the one." Although I suppose people do change over time. Regardless, I feel bad for the person coming home to that every day.
Dude, she’s the perfect leftie. You should be married to her by now.
I was wondering why Trips parents didn't arrange his marriage to her.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:08 am
kalm wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:40 am

Or leadership. Make a couple (thousand) boneheaded tweets and all of a sudden you're a fascist.

Hyperbole is a two way street in today's society. Why do you call the right out on theirs and rationalize the left's?

Exactly my point...Because you guys need the reminder from time to time.

There’s plenty of libertarian sentiment on here and remember, libertarians are mostly just Republicans who like to get laid and smoke weed.

:kisswink:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:41 am

There’s plenty of libertarian sentiment on here and remember, libertarians are mostly just Republicans who like to get laid and smoke weed.

Damn! They’re onto us! :twisted: :twisted:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

I don't smoke but I live for edibles. First time ever was last year and it was the first time in my life I was disappointed in myself.

I could have been doing that for 30 years

kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:05 am I don't smoke but I live for edibles. First time ever was last year and it was the first time in my life I was disappointed in myself.

That’s why you’re so much kinder these days.
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:59 am
∞∞∞ wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:34 am
I have smart color bulbs around my home. Around a year ago, a mom knocked on my door...said she lived in the neighborhood (I had never seen her before) and that her child was afraid of my house when the bulbs were set to red...something about monsters.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I had a neighbor take offense with my "Fuck Cancer" tshirt. I was wearing it in my home. She told me she didn't appreciate it b/c where she comes from in Ohio, "Fuck" means "rape." I told her that was ridiculous and I will continue to wear what I want in my house. If she has a problem with it, she can leave.

Actually, I'd say about 1/10 people that see me wearing my "Fuck Cancer" shirt have a problem with it.
Is she a peeping Karen?
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:31 am
Ibanez wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:59 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: I had a neighbor take offense with my "Fuck Cancer" tshirt. I was wearing it in my home. She told me she didn't appreciate it b/c where she comes from in Ohio, "Fuck" means "rape." I told her that was ridiculous and I will continue to wear what I want in my house. If she has a problem with it, she can leave.

Actually, I'd say about 1/10 people that see me wearing my "Fuck Cancer" shirt have a problem with it.
Is she a peeping Karen?
:lol:

The Tom’s of the world thank you.
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

kalm wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:05 am I don't smoke but I live for edibles. First time ever was last year and it was the first time in my life I was disappointed in myself.

That’s why you’re so much kinder these days.
It really does take the edge off.........

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Missoula MT the skinhead Nazi girl is not social distancing #6ft

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:41 am

So do you ... :kisswink:

So you're saying the libertarians are fiscal conservatives who aren't prudes. :coffee:
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:05 am Missoula MT the skinhead Nazi girl is not social distancing #6ft

I’d hit it.

:coffee:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:27 am
I’d hit it.

With what?
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

kalm wrote:
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:05 am Missoula MT the skinhead Nazi girl is not social distancing #6ft

I’d hit it.

Gross!

I'd expect that from Andy but not you!

Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Ibanez wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:39 am
BDKJMU wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:48 pm
I’ve watched several seasons of Live PD, mostly red state departments, and have seen lots of people on traffic stops, including blacks, get off with warnings, or not getting a ticket for every violation (esp those who were somewhat respectful).
Oh, then racism is solved. My bad.
We both gave anecdotal evidence.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

AZGrizFan wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:01 pm
Pwns wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:52 pm https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myth-o ... 1591119883

Should be required reading for every American.
Great, but it requires a subscription.
The meat of it except the beginning and end:
However sickening the video of Floyd’s arrest, it isn’t representative of the 375 million annual contacts that police officers have with civilians. A solid body of evidence finds no structural bias in the criminal-justice system with regard to arrests, prosecution or sentencing. Crime and suspect behavior, not race, determine most police actions.

In 2019 police officers fatally shot 1,004 people, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population.

The police fatally shot nine unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites in 2019, according to a Washington Post database, down from 38 and 32, respectively, in 2015. The Post defines “unarmed” broadly to include such cases as a suspect in Newark, N.J., who had a loaded handgun in his car during a police chase. In 2018 there were 7,407 black homicide victims. Assuming a comparable number of victims last year, those nine unarmed black victims of police shootings represent 0.1% of all African-Americans killed in 2019. By contrast, a police officer is 18½ times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer.

On Memorial Day weekend in Chicago alone, 10 African-Americans were killed in drive-by shootings. Such routine violence has continued—a 72-year-old Chicago man shot in the face on May 29 by a gunman who fired about a dozen shots into a residence; two 19-year-old women on the South Side shot to death as they sat in a parked car a few hours earlier; a 16-year-old boy fatally stabbed with his own knife that same day. This past weekend, 80 Chicagoans were shot in drive-by shootings, 21 fatally, the victims overwhelmingly black. Police shootings are not the reason that blacks die of homicide at eight times the rate of whites and Hispanics combined; criminal violence is.

The latest in a series of studies undercutting the claim of systemic police bias was published in August 2019 in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The researchers found that the more frequently officers encounter violent suspects from any given racial group, the greater the chance that a member of that group will be fatally shot by a police officer. There is “no significant evidence of antiblack disparity in the likelihood of being fatally shot by police,” they concluded.

A 2015 Justice Department analysis of the Philadelphia Police Department found that white police officers were less likely than black or Hispanic officers to shoot unarmed black suspects. Research by Harvard economist Roland G. Fryer Jr. also found no evidence of racial discrimination in shootings. Any evidence to the contrary fails to take into account crime rates and civilian behavior before and during interactions with police.

The false narrative of systemic police bias resulted in targeted killings of officers during the Obama presidency. The pattern may be repeating itself. Officers are being assaulted and shot at while they try to arrest gun suspects or respond to the growing riots. Police precincts and courthouses have been destroyed with impunity, which will encourage more civilization-destroying violence. If the Ferguson effect of officers backing off law enforcement in minority neighborhoods is reborn as the Minneapolis effect, the thousands of law-abiding African-Americans who depend on the police for basic safety will once again be the victims.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:23 pm
Ibanez wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:39 am
Oh, then racism is solved. My bad.
We both gave anecdotal evidence.
Yeah, but mine was something that happened to me. Not on LIvePD.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

BDKJMU wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:25 pm

However sickening the video of Floyd’s arrest, it isn’t representative of the 375 million annual contacts that police officers have with civilians. A solid body of evidence finds no structural bias in the criminal-justice system with regard to arrests, prosecution or sentencing. Crime and suspect behavior, not race, determine most police actions.

In 2019 police officers fatally shot 1,004 people, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population.

The police fatally shot nine unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites in 2019, according to a Washington Post database, down from 38 and 32, respectively, in 2015. The Post defines “unarmed” broadly to include such cases as a suspect in Newark, N.J., who had a loaded handgun in his car during a police chase. In 2018 there were 7,407 black homicide victims. Assuming a comparable number of victims last year, those nine unarmed black victims of police shootings represent 0.1% of all African-Americans killed in 2019. By contrast, a police officer is 18½ times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer.

On Memorial Day weekend in Chicago alone, 10 African-Americans were killed in drive-by shootings. Such routine violence has continued—a 72-year-old Chicago man shot in the face on May 29 by a gunman who fired about a dozen shots into a residence; two 19-year-old women on the South Side shot to death as they sat in a parked car a few hours earlier; a 16-year-old boy fatally stabbed with his own knife that same day. This past weekend, 80 Chicagoans were shot in drive-by shootings, 21 fatally, the victims overwhelmingly black. Police shootings are not the reason that blacks die of homicide at eight times the rate of whites and Hispanics combined; criminal violence is.

The latest in a series of studies undercutting the claim of systemic police bias was published in August 2019 in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. The researchers found that the more frequently officers encounter violent suspects from any given racial group, the greater the chance that a member of that group will be fatally shot by a police officer. There is “no significant evidence of antiblack disparity in the likelihood of being fatally shot by police,” they concluded.

A 2015 Justice Department analysis of the Philadelphia Police Department found that white police officers were less likely than black or Hispanic officers to shoot unarmed black suspects. Research by Harvard economist Roland G. Fryer Jr. also found no evidence of racial discrimination in shootings. Any evidence to the contrary fails to take into account crime rates and civilian behavior before and during interactions with police.

The false narrative of systemic police bias resulted in targeted killings of officers during the Obama presidency. The pattern may be repeating itself. Officers are being assaulted and shot at while they try to arrest gun suspects or respond to the growing riots. Police precincts and courthouses have been destroyed with impunity, which will encourage more civilization-destroying violence. If the Ferguson effect of officers backing off law enforcement in minority neighborhoods is reborn as the Minneapolis effect, the thousands of law-abiding African-Americans who depend on the police for basic safety will once again be the victims.
Is that part of the study that says something like 200 blacks were killed by police last year, and in those cases roughly 60% of the police were black? The stats are somewhere around there.

The numbers are something like that, point being that more blacks are killed by black cops.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

I’m afraid at this point it doesn’t matter. The narrative has been (falsely) repeated so many times it’s the national media mantra.

Besides, black guys killing other black guys? Meh.....there’s nothing inherently “newsworthy” about that....never mind that it’s 94% of all black male deaths....they’d rather rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:46 pm
I’m afraid at this point it doesn’t matter. The narrative has been (falsely) repeated so many times it’s the national media mantra.

Besides, black guys killing other black guys? Meh.....there’s nothing inherently “newsworthy” about that....never mind that it’s 94% of all black male deaths....they’d rather rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic....
There are equally as many selective studies and articles where data is picked over to support whatever story you want to portray
this article does a nice job of highlighting the points it wants to make - and rightly so...

nobody could ever argue black men killing black men statistics - they are shameful and sad

but until black men stop being killed in plain sight by white psychopaths and then vigilantly covered up
there can be no further conversation... at that point there can only be one conversation

we do it to ourselves as a nation
Guys like Zimmerman who stalked and shot a man needed to go to jail
the cop that choked the guy in NYC in plain sight needed to spend the rest of his life in jail
and most recently the coroner's report needed to spell out murder not say he died of heart disease and complications

:nod:

if you want to have a different conversation ^ then that needs to be fixed - until then we're stuck here
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

I see a lot of apples and oranges comparisons in the article. George Floyd was killed after trying to pass a counterfeit $20 bill, What are the reason's for the police contacts of each of the unarmed deaths. Poverty also has a lot to do with Blacks being in a higher poverty, higher crime area. 20% of the black population lives in poverty, While 8.7% of whites.

GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Chizzang wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:08 pm
AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:46 pm

There are equally as many selective studies and articles where data is picked over to support whatever story you want to portray
this article does a nice job of highlighting the points it wants to make - and rightly so...

nobody could ever argue black men killing black men statistics - they are shameful and sad

but until black men stop being killed in plain sight by white psychopaths and then vigilantly covered up
there can be no further conversation... at that point there can only be one conversation

we do it to ourselves as a nation
Guys like Zimmerman who stalked and shot a man needed to go to jail
the cop that choked the guy in NYC in plain sight needed to spend the rest of his life in jail
and most recently the coroner's report needed to spell out murder not say he died of heart disease and complications

:nod:

if you want to have a different conversation ^ then that needs to be fixed - until then we're stuck here
And that is real - if you have actual video examples of Blacks being killed by cops or by white vigilantes, it's going to be an issue. People are going to be rightfully outraged by what happened in Minneapolis and what happened in Georgia and if you're not outraged you have to ask yourself why not.

But the real problem at the root of all of this is still the systematic racism and/or why does the African-American population fare so poorly in every single measure - life expectancy, educational level, wealth, job statistics, home ownership, etc. The shooting of Blacks by cops may not hold up statistically, but it's just the tip of the iceberg of a worse experience for African Americans, as a whole, in this country as compared to any other racial group.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation