Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:47 am
GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:23 am

A better candidate and this would be a slam dunk given Trump's current performance. Biden's own issues are what's going to keep this close, and if things stabilize or improve economically Trump could ride that to another term. I think the Dems closing the primaries off (by having everyone bow out to coalesce behind Biden and to deny Bernie the nomination) may have been too early - they did all that before the virus even got into the debates. Biden is just a placeholder now - they really need to slam dunk the VP nod so that will be interesting to say the least.

The worst pick would be Abrams. He should nip that in the bud. He would be dumb in choosing a 5 term state representative for VPOTUS when there are more experience women that have the executive experience he claims to require for VPOTUS. A woman who couldn't unite and carry 1 southern state isn't going to work.
Agreed - I think that would be a disaster for the Dems.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

∞∞∞ wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:05 am
houndawg wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:23 am

Not happening - Joe done promised on TV right in front of god and anybody that his partner will be a woman. He probably doesn't remeber doing that but he did.
I think it'll be Warren, who proved to be one of the few capable of going on the offensive during the debates. She's also a policy-wonk who can intelligently detail her arguments.

And while not really progressive, she's left of Biden and helps bridge the gap between the neoliberals and progressives. There was a decent crossover between Warren/Sanders and she's best equipped to bring discontent Sanders supporters into the equation.
Stacy Abrams would boost the turnout a lot among blacks. Warren would appear the forntrunner - what you said about going on the offensive. Harris would make a great attack dog but I don't think she helps much with colored folk. The hands down best pick if she weren't white would be Katie Porter, she was fabulous while schooling Jamie Dimon on household economics by the numbers.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

A better candidate and this would be a slam dunk given Trump's current performance. Biden's own issues are what's going to keep this close, and if things stabilize or improve economically Trump could ride that to another term. I think the Dems closing the primaries off (by having everyone bow out to coalesce behind Biden and to deny Bernie the nomination) may have been too early - they did all that before the virus even got into the debates. Biden is just a placeholder now - they really need to slam dunk the VP nod so that will be interesting to say the least.

The worst pick would be Abrams. He should nip that in the bud. He would be dumb in choosing a 5 term state representative for VPOTUS when there are more experience women that have the executive experience he claims to require for VPOTUS. A woman who couldn't unite and carry 1 southern state isn't going to work.
yes but - it did take more than a little voter suppresion to keep her out
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

houndawg wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:33 pm

You're right, it took her.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:28 pm
I think it'll be Warren, who proved to be one of the few capable of going on the offensive during the debates. She's also a policy-wonk who can intelligently detail her arguments.

And while not really progressive, she's left of Biden and helps bridge the gap between the neoliberals and progressives. There was a decent crossover between Warren/Sanders and she's best equipped to bring discontent Sanders supporters into the equation.
Stacy Abrams would boost the turnout a lot among blacks. Warren would appear the forntrunner - what you said about going on the offensive. Harris would make a great attack dog but I don't think she helps much with colored folk. The hands down best pick if she weren't white would be Katie Porter, she was fabulous while schooling Jamie Dimon on household economics by the numbers.
The "colored folk" already like Biden. How much help does he need and will it help him where he needs it (Arizona, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin)?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:46 am

Katie Porter. :coffee:
The (now former) donk rep from CA with the naked 3 some pics on the internet?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

BDKJMU wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:29 pm
houndawg wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:46 am
Katie Porter. :coffee:
I think that's Katie Hill.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:04 pm

The "colored folk" already like Biden. How much help does he need and will it help him where he needs it (Arizona, Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin)?
Beaucoup. He needs Obama size turnout in Florida - a must-win state for Trump
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:34 pm
BDKJMU wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:29 pm
I think that's Katie Hill.
:tounge:

And the bisexual one from AZ too
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:12 pm

Sounds like Team Brown is more important to him than Team Black.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Not, “Biden Accuser Corroboration”

Not “Biden Accuser’s Mom Called CNN”

Instead, “Trump Supporters POUNCE”

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrisse ... something/

I’ll save you the Buttrumps, Clitz

Trump said he grabs pussy

Lets see if Biden gets as much press or angst from the “mainstream” media

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:02 am Not, “Biden Accuser Corroboration”

This is a problem for the Dems. You can't go all in like they did with Kavanaugh, and then completely ignore the same thing from their own Presidential candidate, especially when this Presidential candidate is partly running on the idea that he'll stop future Kavanaugh's. I get it that the GOP is no better, but they haven't tried to say they are better as the Dems have. The hypocrisy is on full display and is not going to go away. That VP pick better be a slam dunk.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:02 am Not, “Biden Accuser Corroboration”

This is a problem for the Dems. You can't go all in like they did with Kavanaugh, and then completely ignore the same thing from their own Presidential candidate, especially when this Presidential candidate is partly running on the idea that he'll stop future Kavanaugh's. I get it that the GOP is no better, but they haven't tried to say they are better as the Dems have. The hypocrisy is on full display and is not going to go away. That VP pick better be a slam dunk.
I told my hyper-liberal cousin this the other day

It was just a few years ago that Mitt Romney was the antichrist because he had a dog box on the roof of his car or something

Once you’ve gone full antichrist end of the Republic with Mitt Romney, pretty much everything after that falls on deaf ears

GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:32 am
GannonFan wrote:

It was just a few years ago that Mitt Romney was the antichrist because he had a dog box on the roof of his car or something

Once you’ve gone full antichrist end of the Republic with Mitt Romney, pretty much everything after that falls on deaf ears

I thought it was that binder full of women thing that the Dems really railed against Romney with (that and his insistence that Russia was still a factor to some extent internationally). But yes, constantly droning on about the end of the Republic and comparing any political opponent to the Nazis is a diminishing returns strategy over time.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

2020 Democratic Nomination Process Mega-thread

Post by CID1990 »

GannonFan wrote:

I thought it was that binder full of women thing that the Dems really railed against Romney with (that and his insistence that Russia was still a factor to some extent internationally). But yes, constantly droning on about the end of the Republic and comparing any political opponent to the Nazis is a diminishing returns strategy over time.
Because the problem is ...

What do you say when you actually wind up with Hitler?

(We REALLY mean it THIS time?)

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

houndawg wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:33 pm

Yeah. That's why she couldn't get out the vote.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

houndawg wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:12 pm

He doesn't need help with the blacks. If he did, Michelle Obama would seal the deal for him.

I think his pick has be a black or brown woman. I'm not sure the liberal intelligentsia will allow a white woman over a minority. :twocents:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/joe-biden- ... ning-mate/

Complete the following Syllogism.

1. A woman or "person of color" is a liability in winning an election because of racism and sexism.
2. Electability is the most important thing because Donald Trump is really dangerous.
3. ?

A. Biden should pick a "woman of color" running mate 'cause diversity.
B. Biden should pick whoever gives him the best chance of winning.
C. Pee in butt

Donks seem to pick the dumbest of the 3 answers for some reason. Maybe some of the board intersectionalists can explain the arcane social justice logic that resolves this paradox?
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Every time that dummy Abrams opens her mouth people move over to the Trump camp in droves....I hope to Christ Biden picks her....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Abrams looks like Mike Tyson in drag.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Well, we’ll learn a couple things in this cycle

1) Is actively and publicly campaigning to be picked as a running mate still a sure fire way to NOT win the Veepstakes?

2) Will a VP choice based solely on identity politics be toxic at the ballot box?

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

:rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote:

Yup, hence Trump. :coffee:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:20 am

Agreed - I think that would be a disaster for the Dems.
Somebody is angling hard for that VP spot:

Cliff notes: Believe the NY Times and not all women, women just need to be heard. :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

SDHornet wrote:
GannonFan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:20 am Agreed - I think that would be a disaster for the Dems.
Somebody is angling hard for that VP spot:

Cliff notes: Believe the NY Times and not all women, women just need to be heard. :lol:
Anyone that blatantly and transparently hypocritical has no business being in charge of the local PTSA... much less anywhere near the White House

Present occupant included