kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:55 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:54 am So, Trump's economy IS benefiting from Fed policy. Sounds different from what y'all had been arguing.
Jesus. You really are stupid, aren't you? :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
It’s a fair point of which, judging by this response, you and Flaggy have no answer to. :lol:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:52 am

It’s a fair point of which, judging by this response, you and Flaggy have no answer to. :lol:
How to use a message board:
1. Read ALL the messages
2. Go back and respond to select messages
3. Ensure that your response factors in pertinent subsequent messages to one you are responding to.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:54 am So, Trump's economy IS benefiting from Fed policy. Sounds different from what y'all had been arguing.
You're really asking him that after his Russia Russia Russia thread? :rofl:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:00 am

1. Read ALL the messages
3. Ensure that your response factors in pertinent subsequent messages to one you are responding to.
4. Troll idiots who have lost all credibility by parroting false narratives.
FIFY
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

I got answers. Lots of 'em. You (and others of your ilk) just choose to bury your head in the sand and ignore reality, so what's the point? :coffee: :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

They have answered but JSO and others are unable to understand that the economy is not some experiment in a petri dish. It's complicated and impacted by multiple variables that you cannot isolate or control for but still require consideration. The Fed's actions during the Obama Presidency were almost all favorable. Trump has been President for just over 3 years and the Fed's actions have been mixed.

We could sit down over beers and I could give you my opinions on the impact and timing of Presidential actions on the economy but I'm not going to type up a JSO length manifesto here.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm

MAQA yahoos - putting the Q into qrazy qanon conspiracy theories since 2015.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:19 pm

They have answered but JSO and others are unable to understand that the economy is not some experiment in a petri dish. It's complicated and impacted by multiple variables that you cannot isolate or control for but still require consideration. The Fed's actions during the Obama Presidency were almost all favorable. Trump has been President for just over 3 years and the Fed's actions have been mixed.

We could sit down over beers and I could give you my opinions on the impact and timing of Presidential actions on the economy but I'm not going to type up a JSO length manifesto here.
Just curious. On a 10 point scale, with 5 being neutral and 10 being favorable and 0 being unfavorable, what "favorability rating" would you give on Fed actions for the last 3 years?
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:25 pm

Just curious. On a 10 point scale, with 5 being neutral and 10 being favorable and 0 being unfavorable, what "favorability rating" would you give on Fed actions for the last 3 years?
I don't follow it as closely as you or AZ but I would probably give it a 3. It was definitely more unfavorable early in Trumpster's presidency.

CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

UNI88 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:29 pm
I don't follow it as closely as you or AZ but I would probably give it a 3. It was definitely more unfavorable early in Trumpster's presidency.
I would have to look closely at the actions but that is a fair assessment. :thumb:
I would say "no more favorable than 3" without looking.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

SDHornet wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:04 am
CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:00 am
1. Read ALL the messages
4. Troll idiots who have lost all credibility by parroting false narratives.
FIFY
I don’t think Flaggy or Z are idiots... :tothehand:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Agreed. It is complicated. That’s why I question those who claim to have the answers. Reminder...those who run the Fed also had the answers in 2005.

Every golf shot makes someone happy. Kind of like creating free money, no?
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:49 am
Skjellyfetti wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:58 am It's not how it used to work.

But, the Fed did lower the rate 3 times in 2019 after Trump got his Fed chairman and bashing the previous one for not lowering the rate.
Still not how it works. :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

They lowered the rate three times to (successfully, I might add) stave off the recession that all the donks were praying for.
You should give Trump credit where credit is due. Get on the MAGA Train and stop trying to take credit away from Trump. :thumbdown:
Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:51 am

Look what the stock market did at the end of 2018. Trump was not wrong in bashing the Fed. They screwed up and changed their posture. The stock market rebounded after the Fed "corrected" their course.
JSO is just CERTAIN the Fed is complicit in Trump's evil plan to keep the economic expansion going strong. What a bastard that Trump is. He's got a lot of nerve not letting this country sink into a recession just so he can get reelected.
Chill out man. President Trump has all the power and if he can influence the Fed through strong arm tactics then he should! :nod: A strong economy even benefits the libtards.....what are you going on about Sally? :roll: :thumbdown:
Last edited by mainejeff on Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Black Bears!
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:38 am

I got answers. Lots of 'em. You (and others of your ilk) just choose to bury your head in the sand and ignore reality, so what's the point? :coffee: :coffee:
Jesus...MAGAs like us shouldn't be losing our cool with the libtards around here. I'm taking away your Team Trump badge if you don't settle down. ;)
Go Black Bears!
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter

Post by UNI88 »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:47 pm

Agreed. It is complicated. That’s why I question those who claim to have the answers. Reminder...those who run the Fed also had the answers in 2005.

Every golf shot makes someone happy. Kind of like creating free money, no?
I don't have answers, I have opinions based on my knowledge and experience.

Speaking of "claim to have the answers", JSO is so absolutely convinced that Trump just continued the economic good times that Obama started that he won't even consider differing opinions.

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

I don't look at it in terms of "favorable" or "unfavorable". I think the Fed has done what it needed to do. Now the EFFECT of what it's done may be viewed as favorable or unfavorable (particularly by a president who like to tweet and strongarm). But it doesn't change the facts that, in addition to QE1, QE2 and QE3, Obama never had a rate increase until the last year of his presidency. Trump never had a decrease for the first 24 months of his presidency (and in fact had 7 rate INCREASES). So to compare the performance of one vs the other is comical in its absurdity.

For Klammy: I've never claimed to have "answers". But as I've said many times, given the differences in the underlying conditions each faced, its a goddamned miracle we are where we are, what with the belief that Trump is an economic midget and all. How he hasn't fucked this up beyond recognition defies explanation.

And yet instead, we see record after record falling. Stock market highs, unemployment lows, labor force participation highs, etc., etc. It's a Christmas miracle! :lol:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

AZGrizFan wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:52 pm
I don't look at it in terms of "favorable" or "unfavorable". I think the Fed has done what it needed to do. Now the EFFECT of what it's done may be viewed as favorable or unfavorable (particularly by a president who like to tweet and strongarm). But it doesn't change the facts that, in addition to QE1, QE2 and QE3, Obama never had a rate increase until the last year of his presidency. Trump never had a decrease for the first 24 months of his presidency (and in fact had 7 rate INCREASES). So to compare the performance of one vs the other is comical in its absurdity.

For Klammy: I've never claimed to have "answers". But as I've said many times, given the differences in the underlying conditions each faced, its a goddamned miracle we are where we are, what with the belief that Trump is an economic midget and all. How he hasn't fucked this up beyond recognition defies explanation.

And yet instead, we see record after record falling. Stock market highs, unemployment lows, labor force participation highs, etc., etc. It's a Christmas miracle! :lol:
Don't confuse the "favorable or unfavorable" with "necessary or unnecessary". Yes, the Fed needed to get the interest rates up, and needed to unwind the balance sheet, in order to stock the ammo for the war against recession in the future. But it took policy moves in order to create the environment to do so. If "doing nothing" had continued, the Fed was out of ammo and the economy most certainly would have stalled. So while the Fed actions were "necessary", they are still "unfavorable" factors for the economy, especially when it operates without other positive influences. The positive influences during this time were Administrative actions. It certainly wasn't a robust global economy that helped the US.

In addition, we would not have had the backing to get new trade deals with Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Canada, and China (pt. 1). Most of the impact of these improved deals have yet to hit the economy, and probably won't for another 6-12 months.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

CAA Flagship wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:34 pm

Don't confuse the "favorable or unfavorable" with "necessary or unnecessary". Yes, the Fed needed to get the interest rates up, and needed to unwind the balance sheet, in order to stock the ammo for the war against recession in the future. But it took policy moves in order to create the environment to do so. If "doing nothing" had continued, the Fed was out of ammo and the economy most certainly would have stalled. So while the Fed actions were "necessary", they are still "unfavorable" factors for the economy, especially when it operates without other positive influences. The positive influences during this time were Administrative actions. It certainly wasn't a robust global economy that helped the US.

In addition, we would not have had the backing to get new trade deals with Japan, South Korea, Mexico, Canada, and China (pt. 1). Most of the impact of these improved deals have yet to hit the economy, and probably won't for another 6-12 months.
There hasn't been a global economy that could be construed as "robust" for years. :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:41 pm
SDHornet wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:04 am
FIFY
I don’t think Flaggy or Z are idiots... :tothehand:
Well played.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Much better. :thumb:
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

Trump is a miracle brought to us by GOD ALMIGHTY himself. I pray everyday for President Trump....and the good fortune that he has bestowed on us. :nod: :notworthy: :nod: :notworthy:
Go Black Bears!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

I just started Rick Reilly’s “Commander in Cheat”.

So far Donnie is an 18 time golf champion. He plays the inaugural round at new properties by himself, and wins.

When Reilly played with him while writing “Who’s Your Caddy”, Donnie first introduced Reilly as the editor from SI and then next as the publisher of SI. When Reilly tried to correct, Donnie shushed him saying “it sounds better”.

When Melania was introduced to another couple and asked where’s she’s from he cut in with Austria...”it sounds better”.

:lol:
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:02 am I just started Rick Reilly’s “Commander in Cheat”.

So far Donnie is an 18 time golf champion. He plays the inaugural round at new properties by himself, and wins.

When Reilly played with him while writing “Who’s Your Caddy”, Donnie first introduced Reilly as the editor from SI and then next as the publisher of SI. When Reilly tried to correct, Donnie shushed him saying “it sounds better”.

When Melania was introduced to another couple and asked where’s she’s from he cut in with Austria...”it sounds better”.

:lol:
:rofl: He's such a dick.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

mainejeff wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:01 pm

JSO is just CERTAIN the Fed is complicit in Trump's evil plan to keep the economic expansion going strong. What a bastard that Trump is. He's got a lot of nerve not letting this country sink into a recession just so he can get reelected.
Chill out man. President Trump has all the power and if he can influence the Fed through strong arm tactics then he should! :nod: A strong economy even benefits the libtards.....what are you going on about Sally? :roll: :thumbdown:
If there is one thing Trump is proving, is that all the DC experts aren't exactly experts. He's proving many to simply be no better than a consultant pushing a particular sale.

More than one way to get a job done.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:41 pm I don’t think Flaggy or Z are idiots... :tothehand:
:ditto: