Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Racism is Alive and Well in GA

Post by Baldy »

"Progressive" Donks. :ohno:

Only black reporters allowed in Georgia mayoral race event
SAVANNAH, Ga. | Race was front and center on Wednesday night during a meeting coordinated to garner support for just one black candidate in Savannah’s mayoral election.

With signs stating “Black press only” on the doors of the church where the meeting was held, white reporters were barred from entry, while black reporters for at least two television stations were permitted inside.

The event was coordinated by the Rev. Clarence Teddy Williams, owner of the consulting firm, The Trigon Group, who declined to discuss the entry policy.

Former Savannah Mayor Edna Jackson declined to comment before going inside, as did Chatham County Commissioner Chester Ellis.

“This is not my idea,” Ellis said.

Savannah Alderman Estella Shabazz, who also attended, said that she had once owned a newspaper and she was a member of the black press, but she declined to comment on the policy barring white reporters from going inside.

While notes were allowed, photos, video and audio recordings were prohibited during the event, according to Stephen Moody, an African-American reporter with WJCL, who was allowed entry. Another reporter from WSAV who attended the meeting was told she could stay because she was black, Moody said.

Shirley James, the African-American publisher of the black-owned Savannah Tribune, was also seen going into the meeting.

Savannah Alderman Van Johnson, who is one of three African-Americans who have stated their intention to run for mayor, said afterwards that during the meeting he had talked about his vision for an inclusive and progressive Savannah. With regards to the discriminatory policy at the door, Johnson said he believed people have the right to assemble and determine the rules of their assembly.
:?
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Racism is Alive and Well in GA

Post by 93henfan »

It's their black privilege. Like Jussie Smollett!

Stand down, cracker.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

the great thing about being white - I don't even have to pretend to care about this...
and as soon as white people learn that one little trick
the problem will take care of itself

:coffee:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Chizzang wrote:the great thing about being white - I don't even have to pretend to care about this...

I don't care per se. What I do care about is that Whites are not free to do the same thing. People should be free to be racists and live their lives according to that belief system as long as that doesn't mean they affirmatively attack people because of their race. But any person should be free to refuse to associate with other people, exclude people from events they hold, refuse to hire people, refuse to do business with people, etc., based on race or any other factor they want to use.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Chizzang wrote:the great thing about being white - I don't even have to pretend to care about this...

I don't care per se. What I do care about is that Whites are not free to do the same thing. People should be free to be racists and live their lives according to that belief system as long as that doesn't mean they affirmatively attack people because of their race. But any person should be free to refuse to associate with other people, exclude people from events they hold, refuse to hire people, refuse to do business with people, etc., based on race or any other factor they want to use.
apathy is the single greatest example of personal power...
being offended is a form of weakness

if white people never paid any attention to this stuff it would take care of itself
but the tit-for-tat childishness of tribalism (in all it's forms)
has turned this country into a giant kindergarten playground

:geek:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

Chizzang wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

if white people never paid any attention to this stuff it would take care of itself

No it wouldn't take care of itself. If a White person decides, for example, that they don't want to sell their house to a Black person they are going to get in trouble. If someone says they will build a subdivision and it'll be "Whites Only" and sells it as such they will get in trouble. It would not take care of itself. White racists are not allowed to live their lives according to their philosophy in that regard.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Absolutely right ^^^^

I said a few weeks ago that the one thing that infuriates the perpetually uptight concern trolling left is the use of three words:

"I don't care."

I've created so many pissing matches at parties and at work by just using those three words at the right time.

"Women make less than men for the same work."
"Police are racists."
"White nationalism is an existential threat"
"My friend Sally got ogled once at work."
"Climate change"

Just use those three words on any of the above and watch hilarity ensue. You literally don't have to say anything else... you can just smirk as the meltdown happens
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

CID1990 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Absolutely right ^^^^

I said a few weeks ago that the one thing that infuriates the perpetually uptight concern trolling left is the use of three words:

"I don't care."

I've created so many pissing matches at parties and at work by just using those three words at the right time.

"Police are racists."
"Climate change"

Just use those three words on any of the above and watch hilarity ensue. You literally don't have to say anything else... you can just smirk as the meltdown happens
Congrats to you two on scoring all the cool points, but JSO is absolutely correct.

And, I don't care.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Absolutely right ^^^^

"I don't care."

"Police are racists."
"Climate change"

Congrats to you two on scoring all the cool points, but JSO is absolutely correct.

And, I don't care.
Is the white porch monkey angry..?

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:

And, I don't care.

I think Baldy may be. I truly don't care what negroes in Georgia are doing. I have enough of them to navigate through in Maryland. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Chizzang wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

Yup, spot on. :nod:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

93henfan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Absolutely right ^^^^

"I don't care."

"Police are racists."
"Climate change"

And, I don't care.
sphincter sez wha?
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

I pretty much don't care about this. Just don't ask me to pretend that this is anything other than what it is or that my apathy is somehow easier because of "white privilege" or any other bullshit like that.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Pwns wrote:I pretty much don't care about this. Just don't ask me to pretend that this is anything other than what it is or that my apathy is somehow easier because of "white privilege" or any other bullshit like that.
apathy is the correct response... no matter how you get there

:nod:
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

93henfan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

I think Baldy may be. I truly don't care what negroes in Georgia are doing. I have enough of them to navigate through in Maryland. :lol:
I truly don't care, either. I think this is a delicious article for two reasons.

1. It's always fun to point out the hypocrisy of the 'progressive' tolerant inclusive Left, and
2. Donk on Donk crime. The current mayor of Savannah is a 'progressive' Leftist. I love it when they eat their own. :thumb: :nod:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Baldy wrote: 2. Donk on Donk crime. The current mayor of Savannah is a 'progressive' Leftist. I love it when they eat their own. :thumb: :nod:
Yeah it is nice imagining some of those white reporters saying, "But but I told them about all my black friends..."
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Baldy wrote:"Progressive" Donks. :ohno:

Only black reporters allowed in Georgia mayoral race event
SAVANNAH, Ga. | Race was front and center on Wednesday night during a meeting coordinated to garner support for just one black candidate in Savannah’s mayoral election.

With signs stating “Black press only” on the doors of the church where the meeting was held, white reporters were barred from entry, while black reporters for at least two television stations were permitted inside.

The event was coordinated by the Rev. Clarence Teddy Williams, owner of the consulting firm, The Trigon Group, who declined to discuss the entry policy.

Former Savannah Mayor Edna Jackson declined to comment before going inside, as did Chatham County Commissioner Chester Ellis.

“This is not my idea,” Ellis said.

Savannah Alderman Estella Shabazz, who also attended, said that she had once owned a newspaper and she was a member of the black press, but she declined to comment on the policy barring white reporters from going inside.

While notes were allowed, photos, video and audio recordings were prohibited during the event, according to Stephen Moody, an African-American reporter with WJCL, who was allowed entry. Another reporter from WSAV who attended the meeting was told she could stay because she was black, Moody said.

Shirley James, the African-American publisher of the black-owned Savannah Tribune, was also seen going into the meeting.

Savannah Alderman Van Johnson, who is one of three African-Americans who have stated their intention to run for mayor, said afterwards that during the meeting he had talked about his vision for an inclusive and progressive Savannah. With regards to the discriminatory policy at the door, Johnson said he believed people have the right to assemble and determine the rules of their assembly.
:?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Agreed. What decent white person would want to be in a room full of darkies anyway?
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Racism is Alive and Well in GA

Post by UNI88 »

CitadelGrad wrote:

Agreed. What decent white person would want to be in a room full of darkies anyway?
I guess I'm not a "decent" white person, I'd rather be in a room full of "darkies" than a room full of bigots.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

CID1990 wrote:

"I don't care."
I love saying that to people and watching them stutter and stammer, particularly when people bitch to me as a school board member about some incredibly stupid school complaint. A couple favorites include the guy calling me complaining about which gym his kid played a BB game in and another was a guy complaining as a taxpayer that we installed air conditioning in the elementary school yet his kids attend the air conditioned Catholic school.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Racism is Alive and Well in GA

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

UNI88 wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote:
I guess I'm not a "decent" white person, I'd rather be in a room full of "darkies" than a room full of bigots.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Id like to be in a room of darkies AND bigots!

I can say things like that since I really dont give a fuck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: Racism is Alive and Well in GA

Post by Chizzang »

UNI88 wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

HI54UNI wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

"I don't care."
I love saying that to people and watching them stutter and stammer, particularly when people bitch to me as a school board member about some incredibly stupid school complaint. A couple favorites include the guy calling me complaining about which gym his kid played a BB game in and another was a guy complaining as a taxpayer that we installed air conditioning in the elementary school yet his kids attend the air conditioned Catholic school.
You won't get any sympathy from me as a school board member because I spent about 10 years fighiting a school board to keep my deaf son in his home school with his sister when the State law clearly said that unless the IEP requires otherwise a disabled person is to attend the school they'd attend if not disabled. All kinds of intellectual dishonesty from the school board when the bottom line is that they were trying to save money. The School Board I dealt with were a bunch of dishonest SOBs and DOBs.

Fortunately we were able to keep our son in his home school through graduation. But the hell they gave us will never be forgotten. Friggin' corrupt SOBs and DOBs.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:
You won't get any sympathy from me as a school board member because I spent about 10 years fighiting a school board to keep my deaf son in his home school with his sister when the State law clearly said that unless the IEP requires otherwise a disabled person is to attend the school they'd attend if not disabled. All kinds of intellectual dishonesty from the school board when the bottom line is that they were trying to save money. The School Board I dealt with were a bunch of dishonest SOBs and DOBs.

Fortunately we were able to keep our son in his home school through graduation. But the hell they gave us will never be forgotten. Friggin' corrupt SOBs and DOBs.
Are you 100% sure he was deaf and not just ignoring you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

JohnStOnge wrote:
HI54UNI wrote:

I don't care.

Spoiler: show
;)

That wouldn't happen in Iowa. Anybody can home school their kid. You don't even have to ask.
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire