Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: Military and Marijuana

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
No, I think they would be in the same area as bars.
That was my original point.
You will still get the rogue neighborhood gatherings.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Healthcare cost.

/thread
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

kalm wrote:Do you think the usage of herioin has to up once it’s legalized.
I'm pretty sure the use of heroin would go up if legal, but I can't really speak to herioin.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

89Hen wrote:
I'm pretty sure the use of heroin would go up if legal, but I can't really speak to herioin.
It’s french, bitch. :evil:
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

89Hen wrote:
sounds sexy
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

CID1990 wrote:
89Hen wrote: Should all drugs be legal?
I personally think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But what would you do with prescription drugs? Make them all OTC? What about pharmacists and doctors’ prescriptions?
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Re: RE: Re: Military and Marijuana

Post by Winterborn »

AZGrizFan wrote:Healthcare cost.

/thread
This. I am against the legalization due to the social costs that will come from it, not because of the drugs themselves. Present a plan to put the cost of the healthcare issues stemming from using drugs on the user, not society in general, and I would be for it.

It doesn't bother me if a person wants to stay high all the time and live their life that way, just don't expect me to pay for your poor choices in life.
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
I personally think so.

But what would you do with prescription drugs? Make them all OTC? What about pharmacists and doctors’ prescriptions?
Yes. They all become OTC.

I have lived in two countries where only a very select few drugs require prescriptions.

Those countries have problems of their own but runaway drug abuse isn’t higher than the US.

I’m only in favor of controlling drugs which, if abused, can cause ill effects for all of us. An example would be antibiotics designed to defeat increasingly resistant bugs

But outside of that, if someone wants to go load up on painkillers... knock yourself out. Literally

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

phpBB [video]
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

CID1990 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: But what would you do with prescription drugs? Make them all OTC? What about pharmacists and doctors’ prescriptions?

I have lived in two countries where only a very select few drugs require prescriptions.

Those countries have problems of their own but runaway drug abuse isn’t higher than the US.

I’m only in favor of controlling drugs which, if abused, can cause ill effects for all of us. An example would be antibiotics designed to defeat increasingly resistant bugs

But outside of that, if someone wants to go load up on painkillers... knock yourself out. Literally
I can only assume you are for thinning the herd.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Nanny State or Herd Thinning
Pick a thing - you've got two choices

:lol:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Legalization of all drugs will never happen because our government is running the whole show. US government needs people on drugs to keep the $$$$ money coming in.

If possible, the CIA is even more corrupt than the FBI and possibly congress

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote: I can only assume you are for thinning the herd.

Succinctly put. :nod:

I like the herd thinning choice. Even if I am the one being thinned.

At least it is my choices that lead up to me being culled. :D
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Winterborn wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

There are many things to consider. Prescription drugs in the wrong dosage or combination can be extremely harmful if not fatal. I get saying that if somebody wants to zone out on Percoset (sp?) that's there business, but what about a person that doesn't know that taking Fluoxetine and Phenelzine can be fatal? Oh well? With all the drug commercials out there, half the country is convinced they have plaque psoriasis with restless leg syndrome.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

89Hen wrote:
Winterborn wrote:

There are many things to consider. Prescription drugs in the wrong dosage or combination can be extremely harmful if not fatal. I get saying that if somebody wants to zone out on Percoset (sp?) that's there business, but what about a person that doesn't know that taking Fluoxetine and Phenelzine can be fatal? Oh well? With all the drug commercials out there, half the country is convinced they have plaque psoriasis with restless leg syndrome.
I'm having a difficult time sussing out your point..?

:geek:

any prescription drug will print out clearly if it's the kind that cannot be mixed
beyond that advice of "do not mix" ... what's the point ?
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

89Hen wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Well, yeah!

But that’s a different thread

- there are plenty of warnings on these drugs. I don’t really want to share space with people who:

use the kiddy floaty as a life preserver

eat dessicant pouches

chug fresh coffee at McDonalds

mix or misuse drugs

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Col Hogan wrote:Marijuana is causing more problems in the military today than ever...no, use of pot is not up, up a complete set of unique issues has popped up...

Marijuana use is still illegal in the military, because marijuana is still illegal on the federal level. But more and more states are legalizing or decriminalizing its use...

So, the military has stepped up anti-drug briefings and testing...telling the young troops that just because their state has legalized or decriminalized pot, it’s still illegal for a military member to use cannabis...

I recently had a talk with an Army Command Sgt Major...he said after the Christmas mass leaves at his base, they will drug test everybody from the lowest Private up to the Commander because of marijuana...

And now, Pot Stocks are starting to cause serious concerns for people with security clearances...there is a growing debate among various factions that simply owning pot stocks can be a reason for someone losing their security clearance...
Someone deep in the Defense Department has offered clarification that if you own stock in a “marijuana company” you could jeopardize your security clearance. The idea has ignited quite a debate.

This clarification concerns the DoD Consolidated Adjudications Facility. You won’t find it at the DODCAF web site but as Federal News Network’s Scott Maucione reported, it came from an email cut and pasted into a Facebook page for Air Force officers. But the approach to clearance and stocks was confirmed by a Defense spokeswoman, Army Lt. Col. Audricia Harris, who vigorously quashed the idea that any new policy has come out.
https://federalnewsnetwork.com/tom-temi ... ks-debate/

In this commentary, the writer goes through the various positions, which range from those who say there is no written policy specifically banning military members from owning pot stocks...to those who feel current policy is enough to threaten getting or keeping a security clearance...
A reader commented on our story, pointing out that the relevant policy found in DoD Manual 5200.02 states that illegal or inappropriate involvement in drugs is out of bounds. With respect to personal use of illegal drugs, Section 7B.2 of the April 2017 revision is clear: “… agencies are prohibited from granting or renewing a security clearance to an unlawful user of a controlled substance, which includes marijuana. Legislative changes by some states and the District of Columbia do not alter federal law or existing national security guidelines.”

Fair enough. That’s the policy, and people decide at some point whether they’ll be law abiding or not, or how badly they want a security clearance.

But just above that, section 7B.1 states, as the reader noted, “Improper or illegal involvement with drugs raises questions regarding an individual’s willingness or ability to protect classified information.”

Illegal involvement strikes me as something people could reasonably agree on. If you import, manufacture, distribute, or sell, for example, like the badasses on “Breaking Bad.”

But what is “improper involvement?” For that matter, what does “raising questions” mean? Extend that to stock ownership in legal enterprises, and the latest interpretation, in my view, becomes so distantly derived from 5200.02 as to be indefensible.
One last interesting questions...if marijuana is legalized on the federal level...how will the military handle it?

Discuss.
Not new or unique - In the late 70s weed was legal in Alaska, not decriminalized, legal. Everybody at Ft. Wainwright knew they were subject to the UCMJ. In the city limits of Fairbanks bars wouldn't allow smoking weed because customers don't drink as much when they're puffing. Outside the city limits at the Howling Dog the air was filled it. Open 24/7 in the summer with a pig always roasting and a bluegrass band playing, you had to use your watch to see what day it was because of the constant daylight.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:
89Hen wrote: There are many things to consider. Prescription drugs in the wrong dosage or combination can be extremely harmful if not fatal. I get saying that if somebody wants to zone out on Percoset (sp?) that's there business, but what about a person that doesn't know that taking Fluoxetine and Phenelzine can be fatal? Oh well? With all the drug commercials out there, half the country is convinced they have plaque psoriasis with restless leg syndrome.

any prescription drug will print out clearly if it's the kind that cannot be mixed
Oh, warning labels work. Gotcha. :roll:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

houndawg wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:Marijuana is causing more problems in the military today than ever...no, use of pot is not up, up a complete set of unique issues has popped up...

Marijuana use is still illegal in the military, because marijuana is still illegal on the federal level. But more and more states are legalizing or decriminalizing its use...

So, the military has stepped up anti-drug briefings and testing...telling the young troops that just because their state has legalized or decriminalized pot, it’s still illegal for a military member to use cannabis...

I recently had a talk with an Army Command Sgt Major...he said after the Christmas mass leaves at his base, they will drug test everybody from the lowest Private up to the Commander because of marijuana...

And now, Pot Stocks are starting to cause serious concerns for people with security clearances...there is a growing debate among various factions that simply owning pot stocks can be a reason for someone losing their security clearance...

https://federalnewsnetwork.com/tom-temi ... ks-debate/

In this commentary, the writer goes through the various positions, which range from those who say there is no written policy specifically banning military members from owning pot stocks...to those who feel current policy is enough to threaten getting or keeping a security clearance...

One last interesting questions...if marijuana is legalized on the federal level...how will the military handle it?

Discuss.
Not new or unique - In the late 70s weed was legal in Alaska, not decriminalized, legal. Everybody at Ft. Wainwright knew they were subject to the UCMJ. In the city limits of Fairbanks bars wouldn't allow smoking weed because customers don't drink as much when they're puffing. Outside the city limits at the Howling Dog the air was filled it. Open 24/7 in the summer with a pig always roasting and a bluegrass band playing, you had to use your watch to see what day it was because of the constant daylight.
I bet there weren't many fights either. :nod:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Grizalltheway wrote:
houndawg wrote:
I bet there weren't many fights either. :nod:
No, there weren't. The first thing upon entering was a sign reading: Check Guns and Knives at Bar.

Friendliest place you ever saw. :thumb:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: I bet there weren't many fights either. :nod:
No, there weren't. The first thing upon entering was a sign reading: Check Guns and Knives at Bar.

Friendliest place you ever saw. :thumb:

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Re: RE: Re: Military and Marijuana

Post by AZGrizFan »

Winterborn wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Healthcare cost.

/thread
This. I am against the legalization due to the social costs that will come from it, not because of the drugs themselves. Present a plan to put the cost of the healthcare issues stemming from using drugs on the user, not society in general, and I would be for it.

It doesn't bother me if a person wants to stay high all the time and live their life that way, just don't expect me to pay for your poor choices in life.
Exactly.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

89Hen wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Oh, warning labels work. Gotcha. :roll:
I say, “oh well”.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

houndawg wrote: Not new or unique - In the late 70s weed was legal in Alaska, not decriminalized, legal. Everybody at Ft. Wainwright knew they were subject to the UCMJ. In the city limits of Fairbanks bars wouldn't allow smoking weed because customers don't drink as much when they're puffing. Outside the city limits at the Howling Dog the air was filled it. Open 24/7 in the summer with a pig always roasting and a bluegrass band playing, you had to use your watch to see what day it was because of the constant daylight.
And that was before there was an effective drug test for THC...I know, I spent the mid-70’s in Spain where Lebanese hash was prevalent....

But that’s another story...

:coffee:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Col Hogan wrote:
houndawg wrote: Not new or unique - In the late 70s weed was legal in Alaska, not decriminalized, legal. Everybody at Ft. Wainwright knew they were subject to the UCMJ. In the city limits of Fairbanks bars wouldn't allow smoking weed because customers don't drink as much when they're puffing. Outside the city limits at the Howling Dog the air was filled it. Open 24/7 in the summer with a pig always roasting and a bluegrass band playing, you had to use your watch to see what day it was because of the constant daylight.
And that was before there was an effective drug test for THC...I know, I spent the mid-70’s in Spain where Lebanese hash was prevalent....

But that’s another story...

:coffee:

Ibiza, early '75.. :mrgreen: