Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Re: National Emergency Declared!

Post by Chizzang »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:
can you explain it in detail, this "crisis" you've been witnessing for 28 years...

:coffee:
Go find your own proof. Not looking to be mocked. I really DGAF whether you think there’s a crisis or not. And I don’t care if you believe me. But if you don’t think 400,000 illegals crossing each year is a crisis, I can’t help you. I KNOW what I know and a wall in critical places along the border would go a long ways towards solving the issues. But you do you, bro.

:rofl:

Gosh what do they all do, these 400,000 illegal aliens..?
If we only knew what it was that they wanted over here..?
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

He asked politely not to be mocked. :ohno:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

The jobs incentive is certainly driving a good portion of illegal immigration. But unfortunately, we will never fix that one - too many people on both sides of the aisle are not going to vote for full on use of e-verify, and subsequent enforcement.

Plus, given the current climate, if we even HAVE that debate, it will devolve into two populist sides - those saying we need full implementation of e-verify, and those who decry it as just a wall by another name... after all, how can we deny the basic dignity of work to people who are already here?

There are other drivers also - jus soli citizenship is one. Birth tourism by visa is huge in some countries, I just served in one of them. The intent to have a child in the US is not a visa ineligibility. There are also public assistance avenues open to illegal aliens. Not all, but there are still some pretty big incentives. Their children can also go to school, they can get driver's licenses (despite what we hear from the folks who don't want us ID-ing voters... they are pretty easy to get)

Ultimately, a general re-write of the INA is long overdue but Congress cannot function and that would be major legislation requiring grand scale cooperation and compromise. I don't know of anyone who can do that and hope to keep their seat in this all or nothing climate
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Go find your own proof. Not looking to be mocked. I really DGAF whether you think there’s a crisis or not. And I don’t care if you believe me. But if you don’t think 400,000 illegals crossing each year is a crisis, I can’t help you. I KNOW what I know and a wall in critical places along the border would go a long ways towards solving the issues. But you do you, bro.

:rofl:

Gosh what do they all do, these 400,000 illegal aliens..?
If we only knew what it was that they wanted over here..?
What they all do? They all break the fucking law, that's what they all do. And they cost us $130 billion every. fucking. year. We could build a wall to the fucking MOON with all the money illegal aliens have cost this country.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

AZ you are about the only rational person on here anymore..............you get it and you are 100% right on this one.

It all boils down to them breaking the law and people wanting to help them break the law.

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

CID1990 wrote:The jobs incentive is certainly driving a good portion of illegal immigration. But unfortunately, we will never fix that one - too many people on both sides of the aisle are not going to vote for full on use of e-verify, and subsequent enforcement.

Plus, given the current climate, if we even HAVE that debate, it will devolve into two populist sides - those saying we need full implementation of e-verify, and those who decry it as just a wall by another name... after all, how can we deny the basic dignity of work to people who are already here?

There are other drivers also - jus soli citizenship is one. Birth tourism by visa is huge in some countries, I just served in one of them. The intent to have a child in the US is not a visa ineligibility. There are also public assistance avenues open to illegal aliens. Not all, but there are still some pretty big incentives. Their children can also go to school, they can get driver's licenses (despite what we hear from the folks who don't want us ID-ing voters... they are pretty easy to get)

Ultimately, a general re-write of the INA is long overdue but Congress cannot function and that would be major legislation requiring grand scale cooperation and compromise. I don't know of anyone who can do that and hope to keep their seat in this all or nothing climate
Very little of that ^ has to do with an actual "wall"

:geek:

and would require a level of intelligent debate presently reserved for a scant few
none of which reside in congress or this administration
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

Ibanez wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote:
I don't think it is at all clear that the Constitution has been violated.
There still isn’t a crisis. Border crossings are at historical lows, most drugs come through PoE. Our immigration laws need to be enforced and we could use some extra support where it matters.

But Trump has fabricated this crisis so his low-information base won’t bail on him after he’s caved on the wall during the shutdown and caved on his promise that Mexico will pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You were speaking of historic lows?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wash ... -this-year

January saw a surprising surge of 22,000 more apprehensions of illegal immigrants at southwest border crossings over January 2018, prompting a key predictor to suggest that border officers will make over 600,000 apprehensions this year.

The year-over-year increase was 84 percent, from 25,975 in January 2018 to 47,893 last January, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

CitadelGrad wrote:
Ibanez wrote: There still isn’t a crisis. Border crossings are at historical lows, most drugs come through PoE. Our immigration laws need to be enforced and we could use some extra support where it matters.

But Trump has fabricated this crisis so his low-information base won’t bail on him after he’s caved on the wall during the shutdown and caved on his promise that Mexico will pay.

You were speaking of historic lows?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/wash ... -this-year

January saw a surprising surge of 22,000 more apprehensions of illegal immigrants at southwest border crossings over January 2018, prompting a key predictor to suggest that border officers will make over 600,000 apprehensions this year.

The year-over-year increase was 84 percent, from 25,975 in January 2018 to 47,893 last January, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
That's one year. One year is not a trend.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... ality.html

Looks like a downward trend to me.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

How many is "ok" Mark? At what point, in your mind, does it move from "ok" to "crisis". 60,000 a month? 100,000 a month? I mean, is there some number where you go "whoa...that's a whole lotta crisis goin' on there"....

Because for me, the number is 1. Yet we've got 40,000 fucking people a MONTH streaming across our border and you don't think it's a crisis, just because it's LESS of a crisis than it was a few years ago?
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Anything over the number zero is a crisis

89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

AZGrizFan wrote:Because for me, the number is 1?
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Anything over the number zero is a crisis
:suspicious: :tothehand:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

Chizzang wrote:
CID1990 wrote:The jobs incentive is certainly driving a good portion of illegal immigration. But unfortunately, we will never fix that one - too many people on both sides of the aisle are not going to vote for full on use of e-verify, and subsequent enforcement.

Very little of that ^ has to do with an actual "wall"

:geek:

and would require a level of intelligent debate presently reserved for a scant few
none of which reside in congress or this administration
Sure it does. I support a barrier as a tacit admission of defeat - on the idea that we can actually fix these underlying draws on illegal immigration (we can’t - and it is more due to the hard left open borders base than anything else- JSO is right on this one... the demographics in this country increasingly slant towards it).

It is also an imperfect fix, which I also acknowledge. But taken together with smaller, more moderate (and possible) reforms to the INA, it would be an effective part of the whole

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

The thing about this "crisis" thing is that this country benefits from illegal immigration. That complicates things. There are people all over the place who benefit from having these people in the shadows so they can get cheap productivity out of them. I remember when Alabama tried to crack down hard on illegal immigrants. Eventually it got nixed by the courts but even before it did Alabama farmers were freaking out. Here's one article on it:

https://mic.com/articles/8272/alabama-i ... .wdcfb6vSw

But you can find plenty of others.

I can remember the Katrina aftermath too. I don't know for sure if a bunch of the Mexican looking people working construction to rebuild but I strongly suspect that was the case. For every criminal that comes across the border there are 100 people who work their asses off for peanuts.

If you could snap your fingers and every person in the United States illegally was gone tomorrow THAT would be a crisis.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

No it wouldnt, it would be awesome.

Some people wont work for peanuts, if those people are not here to work cheap employers need to pay more or just not get as much work done.

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:No it wouldnt, it would be awesome.

Some people wont work for peanuts, if those people are not here to work cheap employers need to pay more or just not get as much work done.
It'd be a crisis. Hotels. Restaurants. Seafood industry. Agriculture. Construction. All of a sudden a bunch of stuff would cost a lot more. All of a sudden a bunch of businesses would have their costs dramatically increased or they might not even be able to acquire the labor they need.

There also might be ramifications for the high tech industry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... 4542d77114
Could I ever be a star?

JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

To me this is kind of like the China thing. Resenting China is in vogue. But we're all watching big flatscreen TVs, pecking on smartphones, typing on computers that are affordable because of the Chinese.
Could I ever be a star?

ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: National Emergency Declared!

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

JohnStOnge wrote:

It'd be a crisis. Hotels. Restaurants. Seafood industry. Agriculture. Construction. All of a sudden a bunch of stuff would cost a lot more. All of a sudden a bunch of businesses would have their costs dramatically increased or they might not even be able to acquire the labor they need.

So what do you have against people making money?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:

would it be a $135 billion a year crisis?
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

89Hen wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Because for me, the number is 1?
ALPHAGRIZ1 wrote:Anything over the number zero is a crisis
Indeed. One of the few times 89 and I will agree. What stupid statements.

One illegal making it into the country is a crisis? :roll:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Vidav wrote:
89Hen wrote:

Well, since mark won’t answer I’ll ask you...what’s your number? What number is “ok” and at what point does a crisis exist?
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Vidav wrote:

Well, since mark won’t answer I’ll ask you...what’s your number? What number is “ok” and at what point does a crisis exist?
Let me rephrase for you, Russian. How many of Putin’s jackbooted thugs pouring across the Ukraine border is too many?
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Vidav wrote:

I don't have a specific number. But suggesting that one is a crisis is dumb. That is like MaineJeff saying that one gun death makes a crisis. Would you agree with him? Probably not.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

Vidav wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
I don't have a specific number. But suggesting that one is a crisis is dumb. That is like MaineJeff saying that one gun death makes a crisis. Would you agree with him? Probably not.
And suggesting that 40,000 ISN’T a crisis is dumb as well, simply because it’s lower than years past. You both have confirmed that 40,000 a month does not a crisis make, in your opinion, so your number must be some number higher than that. By the way, that’s more than the population of Helena, MT coming across the border illegally every single month—in this “non crisis”.

My number is significantly lower. somewhere between 1 and 40,000. Maybe the size of, oh, Clearwater. Or Clinton. :coffee:
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

AZ don't argue with people that support law breakers. It's back and fucking white.

They are on the wrong side of history

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

AZGrizFan wrote:How many is "ok" Mark? At what point, in your mind, does it move from "ok" to "crisis". 60,000 a month? 100,000 a month? I mean, is there some number where you go "whoa...that's a whole lotta crisis goin' on there"....

Because for me, the number is 1. Yet we've got 40,000 fucking people a MONTH streaming across our border and you don't think it's a crisis, just because it's LESS of a crisis than it was a few years ago?
I think you look at the trend, consider what's contributing to it and change tack as necessary. People shouldn't be breaking our laws AND then expecting the law to protect them. You, like Cit and many others aren't looking at the big picture.

And my position on immigration has been quite consistent - immigrate to the US legally and through the appropriate channels. Illegals needs to be sent back. Dreamers should be given a pathway to citizenship. But a lot needs to happen to make that work. A large swath of our Southern Border has a wall, fence, barrier and yet 40k are still coming in each month? Clearly something isn't working and i'm willing to bet it's a heavy mixture of physical security, detection at PoE, personnel (both LEO and judicial) that are the culprits. But all Trump seems to focus on is a wall so that he can placate his base.

Hell - i'd be for giving some sort of amnesty to illegals already here. Bring them out of the shadows, make them legal, TAX PAYING citizens. And bring the hammer down on people that employ them.

And maybe b/c i'm not in a border state and I don't feel the impact - but I don't see any crisis. It's been occurring for decades and only the Manhattan Moron as figured it out? :suspicious:

The man is on record not believing his own DHS numbers on immigration but won't say where he gets his "facts" so what the hell is going on and how can we trust what he says is accurate and informed?
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17