The flat earth society has members all around the globe
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Re: #MAGA

Post by mainejeff »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Brill_(journalist)

A 68 year old white male Baby Boomer lawyer who attended Deerfield Academy and Yale.

No thanks. :thumb:

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

mainejeff wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Brill_(journalist)

A 68 year old white male Baby Boomer lawyer who attended Deerfield Academy and Yale.

Geez, I didn't think you were THAT old. :?
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Spoken like a racist ageist.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Did you read the whole wiki link you posted or just stopped when you saw the picture of him being white, male, and older? Maybe you are what 89 says you are.

From your own link, the guy has been basically a muck-raker journalist his whole life, he investigated and put forward that Ken Starr was the leak for most of the stuff leaking to the press in his investigations of Bill Clinton, he did a thorough investigation of medical billing practices and how they systematically and intentionally overcharge to maximize revenues, and he did a whole expose on Johnson and Johnson and how they illegally marketed a drug for 20 years while intentionally hiding the side effects on children and the elderly.

Why is he bad?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

GannonFan wrote:

Did you read the whole wiki link you posted or just stopped when you saw the picture of him being white, male, and older? Maybe you are what 89 says you are.

From your own link, the guy has been basically a muck-raker journalist his whole life, he investigated and put forward that Ken Starr was the leak for most of the stuff leaking to the press in his investigations of Bill Clinton, he did a thorough investigation of medical billing practices and how they systematically and intentionally overcharge to maximize revenues, and he did a whole expose on Johnson and Johnson and how they illegally marketed a drug for 20 years while intentionally hiding the side effects on children and the elderly.

Why is he bad?
Maybe? Are you late to this party, GF?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

AZGrizFan wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Why is he bad?
Maybe? Are you late to this party, GF?
I always try to be different and give MJ the benefit of the doubt, and then he flubs it like in this thread. :ohno:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

GannonFan wrote:I always try to be different and give MJ the benefit of the doubt...
So did I.... 10 years ago. He's a stuck in the mud yuppie hipster who can't get out of his own bigoted way. :twisted:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Back in the go-go hostile takeover days of the 1980s, Steve Brill’s American Lawyer tabloid was required reading for anyone interested in the professional (and personal) whoring and wenching that is part of BigLaw. It was moderately entertaining back in the day. Don’t know whether it still exists in some form or not.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Many Are Getting Arrested. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
ALPHAGRIZ1
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: 1995 Montana Griz
A.K.A.: Fuck Off
Location: America: and having my rights violated on a daily basis

Post by ALPHAGRIZ1 »

Not enough

ALPHAGRIZ1 - Now available in internet black

The flat earth society has members all around the globe
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Well, I WILL say that if Baby Boomers couldn't vote Trump would not be President. So, yes, Baby Boomers did screw things up.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote:Well, I WILL say that if Baby Boomers couldn't vote Trump would not be President. So, yes, Baby Boomers did screw things up.
Finally a post that isn't paragraphs of drivel. See JSO, you can do this. :thumb:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

It's funny how this thread played out. A Trump guy posts an article lamenting the failure of trickle down economics, too much corporate lobbying and money in politics, the dangers of gerrymandering, and how greed is not good. Then a Bernie guy responds with shade.

This is exactly what the elite want: the masses distracted, ill-informed, and predisposed to argue without thought, thus keeping us occupied with the mundane while they line their pockets. They're so good at it that they have people gathering en masse to support things that are ultimately bad for them and their kids. People are now basically conditioned to eat their shit and smile, and to lash out at the people not smiling.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

93henfan wrote:It's funny how this thread played out. A Trump guy posts an article lamenting the failure of trickle down economics, too much corporate lobbying and money in politics, the dangers of gerrymandering, and how greed is not good. Then a Bernie guy responds with shade.

This is exactly what the elite want: the masses distracted, ill-informed, and predisposed to argue without thought, thus keeping us occupied with the mundane while they line their pockets. They're so good at it that they have people gathering en masse to support things that are ultimately bad for them and their kids. People are now basically conditioned to eat their **** and smile, and to lash out at the people not smiling.

:clap: :notworthy:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

93henfan wrote:It's funny how this thread played out. A Trump guy posts an article lamenting the failure of trickle down economics, too much corporate lobbying and money in politics, the dangers of gerrymandering, and how greed is not good. Then a Bernie guy responds with shade.

This is exactly what the elite want: the masses distracted, ill-informed, and predisposed to argue without thought, thus keeping us occupied with the mundane while they line their pockets. They're so good at it that they have people gathering en masse to support things that are ultimately bad for them and their kids. People are now basically conditioned to eat their shit and smile, and to lash out at the people not smiling.
:notworthy: :clap: :notworthy: :clap: :notworthy: :clap: :notworthy:
Go Black Bears!