CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by CID1990 »

93henfan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:(and when he gets all his back pay hes buying at Sambos!)
I may have a trifecta coming:

1. Back pay
2. Step increase to 14 step 7 this month
3. Democrats may still add a 1.9% raise for 2019 (which usually ends up being close to 3% for the DC scale)

If all three happen, I could be convinced to be generous at Sambo's.
Convincing my ass

Im showing up with no money and a sheepish grin

ill even hit you up for gas money for the Harley for the trip back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

A truly pathetic display by the boys of Covington Catholic. McConnell must be proud of his constituency:
A Northern Kentucky Catholic high school joined federal and state leaders Saturday in condemning its students’ treatment of a Native American in Washington, D.C.

But first there was a swell of heavy criticism on social media nationally as video shared widely showed one young man in a Make America Great Again hat stand for an extended period extremely close to and in front of a Native American demonstrator who was beating a drum. The youth periodically smiled while a group of other young men around him cheered and laughed.

Covington Catholic High School in Park Hills and the Diocese of Covington apologized for the behavior of their students in a statement Saturday afternoon, saying “the behavior is opposed to the Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.”

The students had taken the trip to Washington to attend the March For Life.
https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/art ... 06590.html

phpBB [video]
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

93henfan wrote:A truly pathetic display by the boys of Covington Catholic. McConnell must be proud of his constituency:
A Northern Kentucky Catholic high school joined federal and state leaders Saturday in condemning its students’ treatment of a Native American in Washington, D.C.

But first there was a swell of heavy criticism on social media nationally as video shared widely showed one young man in a Make America Great Again hat stand for an extended period extremely close to and in front of a Native American demonstrator who was beating a drum. The youth periodically smiled while a group of other young men around him cheered and laughed.

Covington Catholic High School in Park Hills and the Diocese of Covington apologized for the behavior of their students in a statement Saturday afternoon, saying “the behavior is opposed to the Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.”

The students had taken the trip to Washington to attend the March For Life.

phpBB [video]
You know whose asses you can still kick and get away with it?

Little cvnts like that

"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

This is an interesting article:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chin ... SKCN1PE02Z

It's about China having its slowest annual GDP growth in 28 years. Looks like it'll be "only" 6.6 percent. And it's believed Trump's tariffs are a factor. But here is the rub:
Growing signs of weakness in China — which has generated nearly a third of global growth in the past decade — are stoking worries about risks to the world economy and are weighing on profits for firms ranging from Apple to big carmakers.
Harming the world economy is not good for anybody. Interesting situation.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote:This is an interesting article:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chin ... SKCN1PE02Z

It's about China having its slowest annual GDP growth in 28 years. Looks like it'll be "only" 6.6 percent. And it's believed Trump's tariffs are a factor. But here is the rub:
Growing signs of weakness in China — which has generated nearly a third of global growth in the past decade — are stoking worries about risks to the world economy and are weighing on profits for firms ranging from Apple to big carmakers.
Harming the world economy is not good for anybody. Interesting situation.
"Harming the world economy is not good for anybody" in the short term.The long term effects will depend on the outcome and could be beneficial.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: The Official

Post by AZGrizFan »

CID1990 wrote:
93henfan wrote:A truly pathetic display by the boys of Covington Catholic. McConnell must be proud of his constituency:

phpBB [video]

Little cvnts like that

Have you fellas watched the entire video? Or are you passing judgement on this one clip of the encounter?

Because I can almost guarantee that if that guy (the old Indian) waded into a group of you and your friends and started beating that drum inches from your face either of you two would have dropped him like a stone. That kid showed immense self-control IMHO....
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
mainejeff
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Maine
A.K.A.: mainejeff

Post by mainejeff »

I'm passing judgement. The kid is a racist pig.
Go Black Bears!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

mainejeff wrote:I'm passing judgement. The kid is a racist pig.
Of course you are....because you’ve already proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that actual facts don’t mean shit to you. It’s all about your agenda.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

AZGrizFan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:I'm passing judgement. The kid is a racist pig.
Of course you are....because you’ve already proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that actual facts don’t mean shit to you. It’s all about your agenda.
Says the guy defending the Catholic all boys shool that sent bunch of kids to DC to counter protest the Women's March under the guise of "pro-life" then get caught on camera being a-holes to a Native American Vietnam veteran.....then try to spin that into them being the victims.....all with grinning faces including that poor Sandmann kid.....scared shitless. Can't you tell by the smirk?

Go fuck yourself MAGAtard!
Go Black Bears!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

mainejeff wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Says the guy defending the Catholic all boys shool that sent bunch of kids to DC to counter protest the Women's March under the guise of "pro-life" then get caught on camera being a-holes to a Native American Vietnam veteran.....then try to spin that into them being the victims.....all with grinning faces including that poor Sandmann kid.....scared shitless. Can't you tell by the smirk?

Yeah....that’s exactly what happened (in your mind)...run with it...
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

AZGrizFan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

Yeah....that’s exactly what happened (in your mind)...run with it...
:ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

You are pathetic.
Go Black Bears!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

AZGrizFan wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Little cvnts like that

Have you fellas watched the entire video? Or are you passing judgement on this one clip of the encounter?

Because I can almost guarantee that if that guy (the old Indian) waded into a group of you and your friends and started beating that drum inches from your face either of you two would have dropped him like a stone. That kid showed immense self-control IMHO....
There is a thread pointing this out as fake news:

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/ ... 10&t=49951

Yawn. :coffee:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

SCOTUS 5-4 allows Trump’s trans ban on military to take effect..

“....The justices, voting 5-4 Tuesday, put on hold lower court decisions that had blocked the administration’s planned ban from taking effect. Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan dissented. Neither side provided any explanation.

The court stopped short of agreeing to hear arguments on an expedited basis, as the administration sought. But by letting the ban take effect, the court gave the administration a major victory and hinted the justices ultimately will uphold the restrictions.

....Transgender troops have been serving openly since June 2016, when President Barack Obama’s administration began lifting a longstanding prohibition.....”
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ake-effect
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

BDKJMU wrote:SCOTUS 5-4 allows Trump’s trans ban on military to take effect..

“....The justices, voting 5-4 Tuesday, put on hold lower court decisions that had blocked the administration’s planned ban from taking effect. Justices Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and Elena Kagan dissented. Neither side provided any explanation.

The court stopped short of agreeing to hear arguments on an expedited basis, as the administration sought. But by letting the ban take effect, the court gave the administration a major victory and hinted the justices ultimately will uphold the restrictions.

....Transgender troops have been serving openly since June 2016, when President Barack Obama’s administration began lifting a longstanding prohibition.....”
Super f*cked up.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:

Super f*cked up.
There's lots of other social experiments in America. The military doesn't need to be a social experiment.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Super f*cked up.
There's lots of other social experiments in America. The military doesn't need to be a social experiment.
:roll:

Who does the ban help? Do cons think it's going to last?

150 years of social progress and have cons EVER succeeded in stopping that train?

It's a short term political win to make your base feel good; it just hurts people in our time frame.

Long-term, this'll be another chapter in which future Americans roll their eyes at.
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: Super f*cked up.
It's been a social experiment pretty much since the beginning.

:coffee:
Go Black Bears!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

mainejeff wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Have you ever been in it? :coffee:
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

AZGrizFan wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

Have you ever been in it? :coffee:
No....why?

Go Black Bears!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

150 years of social progress and have cons EVER succeeded in stopping that train?

It's a short term political win to make your base feel good; it just hurts people in our time frame.

Long-term, this'll be another chapter in which future Americans roll their eyes at.
There's lots of groups that can't join the military. If you're:

Too tall
Too short
Too fat
Too thin
Too weak
Have certain diseases
Have specialty medicine requirements
Have health issues
Have had certain surgeries

This isn't about "social progress"...it's about keeping deployment uncomplicated and keeping the force deployment ready.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

∞∞∞ wrote:

Super f*cked up.
No its not. What’s super fucked up is libs who think they can change biology, and want the military to pay for surgery for men who want to pretend to be women, and vice versa.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

AZGrizFan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: :roll:

There's lots of groups that can't join the military. If you're:

Too tall
Too short
Too fat
Too thin
Too weak
Have certain diseases
Have specialty medicine requirements
Have health issues
Have had certain surgeries

This isn't about "social progress"...it's about keeping deployment uncomplicated and keeping the force deployment ready.
If an American is fit to serve and passes the tests to show they're fit to serve, it shouldn't matter how they identify. These people want to serve America and lay down their life if needed.

Black people, women, and gay people have all had to overcome discrimination. Can you explain why barring trans people makes any more sense than those previous examples?
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

∞∞∞ wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Most people would be uncomfortable being placed for long periods of time in very close proximity with a tranny in a high stress situation. This was a good decision. Social experiments can be done elsewhere, not when the job is to kill people and break things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mainejeff
Level4
Level4

Post by mainejeff »

css75 wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote: :roll:

Most people would be uncomfortable being placed for long periods of time in very close proximity with a tranny in a high stress situation. This was a good decision. Social experiments can be done elsewhere, not when the job is to kill people and break things.

"Most people" huh?

Go Black Bears!
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

mainejeff wrote:
css75 wrote:

"Most people" huh?

It's a cruel yet easy way for Trump to score points with vicious evangelicals and right-wing zealots, based on a culture war, their feelings, and no scientific or performance metrics.

Regarding Congressional testimony after Trump announced the ban:
In separate statements over the past month, the chiefs of the Army, Navy and Air Force; the commandant of the Marine Corps; and the incoming commandant of the Coast Guard, testified to Congress that transgender service members do not impair the cohesion of military units or discipline.

“We treat every one of those sailors regardless with dignity and respect that is warranted by wearing the uniform of the United States Navy,” Adm. John Richardson, the Navy chief, told the Senate Armed Services Committee. “By virtue of that approach, I’m not aware of any issues.”

A half-dozen former United States surgeons general have rebutted a flawed Pentagon report released in March that served as the intellectual and scientific basis for Mr. Trump’s policy. Their statement said that, in light of the new policy, they felt a need to “underscore that transgender troops are as medically fit as their non-transgender peers and that there is no medically valid reason, including a diagnosis of gender dysphoria, to exclude them from military service or to limit their access to medically necessary care.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/29/opin ... r-ban.html