Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

1/10 Scores

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

• Men

UMT 71-78 EWU; Eagles win three-point shooting 53%-21%
    MSU 77-67 IDA; Hall & Frey combine for 39 points, 11 boards, 11 assists, and only 1 TO

Women

ISU 70-57 WEB; Weber loses #9-in-a-row, their longest losing streak in 5 years
    EWU 68-62 UMT; Eagles win three-point shooting 50%-7%
    IDA 82-66 MSU; Pierce & Ferenz combine for 14 treys and 52 points
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana State

Re: 1/10 Scores

Post by SACCAT »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
  • Men

UMT 71-78 EWU; Eagles win three-point shooting 53%-21%
    MSU 77-67 IDA; Hall & Frey combine for 39 points, 11 boards, 11 assists, and only 1 TO

Women

ISU 70-57 WEB; Weber loses #9-in-a-row, their longest losing streak in 5 years
    EWU 68-62 UMT; Eagles win three-point shooting 50%-7%
    IDA 82-66 MSU; Pierce & Ferenz combine for 14 treys and 52 points
Hall is now 27 Points away from being the all-time leading scorer in Big Sky History!!! Home game Monday
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: 2018-19 Big Sky Basketball

Post by AZGrizFan »

UM is an average team.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

AZGrizFan wrote:UM is an average team.
Yep. Methinks the preseason expectations were a bit high.
SACCAT
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana State

Post by SACCAT »

Grizalltheway wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:UM is an average team.
Yep. Methinks the preseason expectations were a bit high.
From Top to Bottom, the Big Sky is average
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SACCAT wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: Yep. Methinks the preseason expectations were a bit high.
True, but UM was supposed to outperform that and be a "shoe in" for the tourney. Lots of chatter on eGriz about "what seed will we get" and "how great was that SDSU win to help our seeding"....this team is so far removed from last year's team as to be almost unrecognizable.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

1/12 Scores

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

• Men

WEB 95-88 PSU (OT); PSU still leads the BSC in rebounding despite losing the boards in all 4 league games
    ISU 72-70 SAC; Sac scored 5 straight to tie it with 9 sec. left, but then gave up a Brandon Loyd layup to lose it
    NAU 82-84 SUU; Suutah goes 12/24 from the arc
    UMT 88-64 UNC; Sayeed Pridgett scores a career-high 29 on 85% shooting

Women

SAC 43-73 ISU; The Hornets shoot 22% and lose points-off-turnovers 21-0 :?
    PSU 77-59 WEB; Viks win second-chance points 23-3
    SUU 82-76 NAU (OT); The T-Birds end a 13-game road losing streak
    UNC 73-62 UMT; Savannah Smith scores 31 points, albeit on 27 shot attempts
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

The last 3 games between Weber State and Portland State in Portland have all gone to OT. All 3 wins for Weber. Regardless of which sport Weber and PSU sure love to make it interesting.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

The Hornets have hit a wall once BSC play started. If Patton could make some FTs, the Hornets would have won the game last night.

The talent on the roster is there to at least win some games, but it's not looking good for Katz. He has one more year on his contract.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SDHornet wrote:The Hornets have hit a wall once BSC play started. If Patton could make some FTs, the Hornets would have won the game last night.

The talent on the roster is there to at least win some games, but it's not looking good for Katz. He has one more year on his contract.
Well, someone's already calling for Bunky Harkleroad's head on SacBuzz. I couldn't find his contract length, though.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
SDHornet wrote:The Hornets have hit a wall once BSC play started. If Patton could make some FTs, the Hornets would have won the game last night.

Well, someone's already calling for Bunky Harkleroad's head on SacBuzz. I couldn't find his contract length, though.
I saw that. :lol:

Truth is with our new leadership in place which includes a President willing to spend money to make staffing moves, there is no telling how things go. I don't think anyone is sent packing before their contract expires, but Bunky is in his 6th season, that means he has to be near the end of his first extension. I don't think he has more than a year or 2 left on his current contract. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SDHornet wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:

Truth is with our new leadership in place which includes a President willing to spend money to make staffing moves, there is no telling how things go. I don't think anyone is sent packing before their contract expires, but Bunky is in his 6th season, that means he has to be near the end of his first extension. I don't think he has more than a year or 2 left on his current contract. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Sears was. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:The last 3 games between Weber State and Portland State in Portland have all gone to OT. All 3 wins for Weber. Regardless of which sport Weber and PSU sure love to make it interesting.
No kidding. What was the score in regulation of that football game a few years back? Something like 72-68?
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

kalm wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:The last 3 games between Weber State and Portland State in Portland have all gone to OT. All 3 wins for Weber. Regardless of which sport Weber and PSU sure love to make it interesting.
No kidding. What was the score in regulation of that football game a few years back? Something like 72-68?
73-68. What's even more strange, the score of the mens Weber and Portland State basketball game in Ogden that season was also 73-68. :shock:

Like i said weird stuff
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

SDHornet wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:

Is the new President and others considering a new place to play? They have fixed that dinky gym up as nice as they could, but no way will they ever field a decent team playing in that high school gym.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

css75 wrote:
SDHornet wrote: I saw that. :lol:

Is the new President and others considering a new place to play? They have fixed that dinky gym up as nice as they could, but no way will they ever field a decent team playing in that high school gym.
I don't think Sac State has gone beyond the talk phase on a new arena. PSU finally got their new arena, though. It's not big, but it's bigger than the old Stott Center and way nicer—of course, even Hornet Gym was nicer than the old Stott Center. :?
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

1/14 Scores

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

• Men

UNC 73-70 MSU; Kai Edwards gets 14 rebounds off the bench for the first-place Bears

Women

MSU 79-66 UNC; Savannah Smith goes 7/20 from the arc in a surprising loss
grizband
Level1
Level1

Post by grizband »

AZGrizFan wrote:
SACCAT wrote:
True, but UM was supposed to outperform that and be a "shoe in" for the tourney. Lots of chatter on eGriz about "what seed will we get" and "how great was that SDSU win to help our seeding"....this team is so far removed from last year's team as to be almost unrecognizable.
Not having Akoh to start the season really hurt, and along with the loss of Kryslovic to graduation, the Griz shooting woes are becoming very apparent. I still expect the Griz to win 20 games this season, but they cannot coast through the conference this year.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post-Week-3 Standings

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

• Men

1. Northern Colorado____5-1_____11-6_____ W1
      2. Weber State___________4-1_____10-6_____ W1
      3. Montana ______________4-2_____11-6_____ W1
      4. Montana State ________4-2______7-9_____ L1
      5. Idaho State ___________3-2______7-7_____ W1
      6. Southern Utah ________2-3______7-7_____ W2
      7. Eastern Washington___2-3______4-12____ W1
      8. Northern Arizona _____2-3______4-11____ L1
      9. Portland State_________1-3______6-9_____ L1
      10.Idaho _________________1-4______4-12____ L2
      11.Sacramento State _____0-4______6-7_____ L5/L5

• Women

1. Northern Colorado____5-1_____10-5_____ L1
      2. Idaho State ___________5-1_____10-5_____ W5
      3. Idaho _________________4-1______7-7_____ W1
      4. Portland State_________3-1_____11-2_____ W3
      5. Montana State ________4-2______9-7_____ W1
      6. Montana ______________3-3______8-7_____ L3
      7. Eastern Washington___2-3______3-11____ W1
      8. Southern Utah ________2-3______5-9_____ W2
      9. Northern Arizona _____1-4______5-9_____ L2
      10.Sacramento State _____0-4______4-8_____ L6/L4
      11.Weber State___________0-6______3-13____ L7/L10
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

POTW - Week 10

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Men

Sayeed Pridgett (UMT) - 22.5 ppg, 5 rpg, 2 spg, 79% on FGs, 4/5 on treys (2 games)

Women

Savannah Smith (UNC) - 29 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 3 apg, 3 spg (2 games)

https://bigskyconf.com/news/2019/1/15/m ... k-nod.aspx
https://bigskyconf.com/news/2019/1/15/w ... -week.aspx
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:

Yes, but I figured we were only talking hoops here. Heard Bunky's contract is up after this season, so that means a new WBB coach for 19-20 and most likely a new MBB coach for 20-21.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
css75 wrote:

I don't think Sac State has gone beyond the talk phase on a new arena. PSU finally got their new arena, though. It's not big, but it's bigger than the old Stott Center and way nicer—of course, even Hornet Gym was nicer than the old Stott Center. :?
Define "talk phase".

President Nelsen highlighted 2 main capital improvement projects when he came on board in fall '16: a new science building and an events center. The science building opens fall '19. I think his full focus now goes towards getting the event center done. I'm encouraged that the event center gets done under Nelsen's leadership. I've heard we got some feasibility studies done, and I've heard we are in the fund raising stage (i.e. getting naming rights, large donations, etc). We'll see how it goes but we've got a mover and shaker occupying the Presidents office.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

css75 wrote:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We've had decent teams under Katz and Jenkins. The problem is sustained success. Katz really missed badly on the incoming class from 2-3 years ago. Since then he has been heavily reliant on JC transfers, which is not a good sign IMO.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SDHornet wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Define "talk phase".

President Nelsen highlighted 2 main capital improvement projects when he came on board in fall '16: a new science building and an events center. The science building opens fall '19. I think his full focus now goes towards getting the event center done. I'm encouraged that the event center gets done under Nelsen's leadership. I've heard we got some feasibility studies done, and I've heard we are in the fund raising stage (i.e. getting naming rights, large donations, etc). We'll see how it goes but we've got a mover and shaker occupying the Presidents office.
Well, I was thinking of "fundraising stage" & "talk phase" as basically being the same thing.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SDHornet wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Yes, but I figured we were only talking hoops here. Heard Bunky's contract is up after this season, so that means a new WBB coach for 19-20 and most likely a new MBB coach for 20-21.
Does this mean Sac's marriage to the run-&-gun Westhead style is over after this year?