polsongrizz
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: MONTANA
A.K.A.: The Beer Snob

Two Questions

Post by polsongrizz »

1. Why is he still on the team?
2. How is it that a campus cop twenty miles away hears about this and gets there before Spokane police do? Sounds like they were hoping to cover this up.
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/d ... ndout-jay/

According to the police report, Eastern Washington University Police Officer Nick Bickley arrived and found a man, later identified as Tiuli, kicking a man who was down. The victim was later identified as Ikinofo Tiuli, who is the Eagles football player’s brother, Beghtol said.

Bickley “witnessed Jay-Tee kicking his brother in the head,” Beghtol said. “That’s when the brother lost consciousness.”
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
Mexico will pay for the wall
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Re: Two Questions

Post by AZGrizFan »

Sounds like a real nice guy.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4

Post by polsongrizz »

AZGrizFan wrote:Sounds like a real nice guy.
No shit. All of us have got into some form of fight with siblings but kicking them in the head until they are unconscious is something else. :ohno:
“We didn’t have a man or woman in the drone,” Trump explained to a confused America. “We had nobody in the drone. It would have made a big difference, let me tell you. It would have made a big, big difference.”
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

polsongrizz wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:Sounds like a real nice guy.
No shit. All of us have got into some form of fight with siblings but kicking them in the head until they are unconscious is something else. :ohno:
Well, to be fair, he did break the window of his car. :tothehand: :tothehand: :lol:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4

Post by polsongrizz »

AZGrizFan wrote:
polsongrizz wrote: No shit. All of us have got into some form of fight with siblings but kicking them in the head until they are unconscious is something else. :ohno:
Well, to be fair, he did break the window of his car. :tothehand: :tothehand: :lol:
Was it one of those high end Yugo's?
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

polsongrizz wrote:1. Why is he still on the team?
2. How is it that a campus cop twenty miles away hears about this and gets there before Spokane police do? Sounds like they were hoping to cover this up.

According to the police report, Eastern Washington University Police Officer Nick Bickley arrived and found a man, later identified as Tiuli, kicking a man who was down. The victim was later identified as Ikinofo Tiuli, who is the Eagles football player’s brother, Beghtol said.

Bickley “witnessed Jay-Tee kicking his brother in the head,” Beghtol said. “That’s when the brother lost consciousness.”
1) He was suspended before the Maine game pending investigation and was not allowed to practice at least as of Monday. EWU has been pretty damned good about suspensions and dismissals over the years. Part of me says cut him loose but there's something in this country called due process. It's in the hands now of a university disciplinary committee. If they kick him out of school it's over. If not, it will then be up to Coach Best.

2) Where does it say the campus cop was 20 miles away? In fact why would an EWU cop be 20 miles away in the middle of the night anyway? And Spokane police wouldn't have been called. It would have been City of Cheney police or Spokane County Sheriffs responsible for shit that goes on that jurisdiction.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

We have to understand Polynesian culture. It was a family matter. The charges should be dropped and he should play. We want the best possibility of a competitive title game.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote:We have to understand Polynesian culture. It was a family matter. The charges should be dropped and he should play. We want the best possibility of a competitive title game.
Should Sharia Law trump state & local laws and allow a husband to beat or rape his wife or mutilate his daughters' genitalia? If you want to live in the US you should be implicitly agreeing to be governed by the constitution and all federal, state and local laws.
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4

Post by polsongrizz »

kalm wrote:
polsongrizz wrote:1. Why is he still on the team?

1) He was suspended before the Maine game pending investigation and was not allowed to practice at least as of Monday. EWU has been pretty damned good about suspensions and dismissals over the years. Part of me says cut him loose but there's something in this country called due process. It's in the hands now of a university disciplinary committee. If they kick him out of school it's over. If not, it will then be up to Coach Best.

2) Where does it say the campus cop was 20 miles away? In fact why would an EWU cop be 20 miles away in the middle of the night anyway? And Spokane police wouldn't have been called. It would have been City of Cheney police or Spokane County Sheriffs responsible for shit that goes on that jurisdiction.
Calm down there, I was just kind of fucking with you on the second one. I was distracted since we were having a beer at Fred's. :thumb: I would like to know though why a campus cop is out in town and the first to get there though.
As for due process, if that is the case then why suspend him at all? Did the cop lie about what he saw? If not then the dude us obviously guilty, yeah I know, and should be gone.
Image :mrgreen:
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

polsongrizz wrote:
kalm wrote:

Calm down there, I was just kind of fucking with you on the second one. I was distracted since we were having a beer at Fred's. :thumb: I would like to know though why a campus cop is out in town and the first to get there though.
As for due process, if that is the case then why suspend him at all? Did the cop lie about what he saw? If not then the dude us obviously guilty, yeah I know, and should be gone.
Seriously dude? Fred's? :lol: :?
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4

Post by polsongrizz »

We probably stop in there twice a week for "beers." :flash:
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

polsongrizz wrote:
kalm wrote:

1) Listen, Cochese....campus police have arrest jurisdiction throughout the city and have for quite some time now just like city cops were granted statewide jurisdiction a long time ago. It's a win-win where the city gets increased LE presence while the U picks up the tab. Plus, many of the infractions are caused by the students throughout the city. This ain't some 70's cop show, where someone says 'you can't arrest me! You're out of your jurisdiction, copper!" :lol:

2) Due process doesn't end at the arrest because...you know...mistakes can be made by cops and prosecutors too. Polynesian lives matter!
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

kalm wrote: 2) Where does it say the campus cop was 20 miles away? In fact why would an EWU cop be 20 miles away in the middle of the night anyway? And Spokane police wouldn't have been called. It would have been City of Cheney police or Spokane County Sheriffs responsible for shit that goes on that jurisdiction.
Don't you have Mounties in the Palouse? All named Dudley?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

CAA Flagship wrote:
kalm wrote: 2) Where does it say the campus cop was 20 miles away? In fact why would an EWU cop be 20 miles away in the middle of the night anyway? And Spokane police wouldn't have been called. It would have been City of Cheney police or Spokane County Sheriffs responsible for shit that goes on that jurisdiction.
Don't you have Mounties in the Palouse? All named Dudley?
"Welcome to Canada..."

polsongrizz
Level4
Level4

Post by polsongrizz »

kalm wrote:
polsongrizz wrote: Calm down there, I was just kind of fucking with you on the second one. I was distracted since we were having a beer at Fred's. :thumb: I would like to know though why a campus cop is out in town and the first to get there though.
1) Listen, Cochese....campus police have arrest jurisdiction throughout the city and have for quite some time now just like city cops were granted statewide jurisdiction a long time ago. It's a win-win where the city gets increased LE presence while the U picks up the tab. Plus, many of the infractions are caused by the students throughout the city. This ain't some 70's cop show, where someone says 'you can't arrest me! You're out of your jurisdiction, copper!" :lol:

2) Due process doesn't end at the arrest because...you know...mistakes can be made by cops and prosecutors too. Polynesian lives matter!
Sounds like a scam to me. You never replied to the fact that if due process is your concern defender of the Islands then why suspend at all until he goes to court? Why do you hate Canucks so much after all they have done for you?
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
mtjack
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NAU Lumberjacks!

Post by mtjack »

1. Do other states have strip clubs at truck stops or is this just a "Montana" thing? I've driven past the one in Dillon many a times but never pulled the trigger due to time constraints or driving elderly, less "adventurous" relatives.

2. I initially though the correct spelling was "Cochise". But urban dictionary corrected me. Thanks, Kalm. I learned something today.

3. I learned one thing in grade school when I lived in California and that is don't get involved in school yard/lunch room Polynesian disputes.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

UNI88 wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:We have to understand Polynesian culture. It was a family matter. The charges should be dropped and he should play. We want the best possibility of a competitive title game.
Should Sharia Law trump state & local laws and allow a husband to beat or rape his wife or mutilate his daughters' genitalia? If you want to live in the US you should be implicitly agreeing to be governed by the constitution and all federal, state and local laws.
I just want a competitive national championship game.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
Congrats on not being triggered by the word “trump”

You’re on your way to recovery, John
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: Two Questions

Post by UNI88 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
UNI88 wrote:
So you're willing to set aside principle in order to get favorable results? Stop, you're acting like an evangelical Christian.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4

Post by polsongrizz »

Good shit up above. Just back from Fred's, again. Good times tonight, glad we know all of the strippers and the house moms.
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

polsongrizz wrote:
kalm wrote:

Sounds like a scam to me. You never replied to the fact that if due process is your concern defender of the Islands then why suspend at all until he goes to court? Why do you hate Canucks so much after all they have done for you?
Of course it sounds like a scam to you. When have you ever missed an opportunity to display your EWOO envy? :lol:

And I already did answer the question.

1) Due process protects both private and public rights. You can arrest an innocent man for murder but due process doesn't mean you can't incarcerate them in order to protect the public in case they end up being guilty.

2) As mentioned, it was turned over to a school disciplinary board. It's out of Best's hands. Regardless of whether he was released by the cops to await the outcome of the investigation, if the the school decides to suspend or dismiss him he won't be eligible will he?

Where did you get your understanding of the law, the toilet store?

polsongrizz
Level4
Level4

Post by polsongrizz »

LOL, I like this game...
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

polsongrizz wrote:LOL, I like this game...
Well you are my Wes Mantouth.
polsongrizz
Level4
Level4

Post by polsongrizz »

kalm wrote:
polsongrizz wrote:LOL, I like this game...
Well you are my Wes Mantouth.
"So I sure as shit ain't afraid to burn here on Earth." :lol:
THE MOON IS PART OF MARS
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

mtjack wrote:1. Do other states have strip clubs at truck stops or is this just a "Montana" thing? I've driven past the one in Dillon many a times but never pulled the trigger due to time constraints or driving elderly, less "adventurous" relatives.

2. I initially though the correct spelling was "Cochise". But urban dictionary corrected me. Thanks, Kalm. I learned something today.

3. I learned one thing in grade school when I lived in California and that is don't get involved in school yard/lunch room Polynesian disputes.
It’s not a strip club at a truck stop. It’s a truck stop at a strip club. Biiiiiiiig difference.