6. Cal Poly Mustangs
7. Montana Grizzlies
8. Northern Arizona Lumberjacks
9. Idaho Vandals
10. Portland State Vikings
11. Northern Colorado Bears
12. Southern Utah Thunderbirds
13. Sacramento State Hornets

Good luck to those Big Sky teams fortunate to make the playoffs, as well as the rest of the playoff field. This was my 15th year of doing these, and this year was perhaps the most difficult of them all.
mtjack
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: NAU Lumberjacks!

Re: 2018 Final Big Sky Power Rankings

Post by mtjack »

Thanks, JALMOND. I enjoy you write ups each season.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Not that I’m going to bitch about whether we’re 7th or 6th, but I think we thrashed cal poly IN cal poly...
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
css75
Level3
Level3

Post by css75 »

Nice white ups. Rankings look correct to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ajwildcat
I am a fan of: Weber State

Post by ajwildcat »

I would put Weber ahead of EWU due to the fact that Weber beat the Eags head to head. Oh and the fact that WSU is the #2 seed in the playoffs is another solid reason to put WSU as #1 in the power rankings. Also Montana should be lower. Much Much lower :rofl:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

ajwildcat wrote:I would put Weber ahead of EWU due to the fact that Weber beat the Eags head to head. Oh and the fact that WSU is the #2 seed in the playoffs is another solid reason to put WSU as #1 in the power rankings. Also Montana should be lower. Much Much lower :rofl:
:?

The Griz had a winning record. All the teams below them had losing records.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
ajwildcat wrote:I would put Weber ahead of EWU due to the fact that Weber beat the Eags head to head. Oh and the fact that WSU is the #2 seed in the playoffs is another solid reason to put WSU as #1 in the power rankings. Also Montana should be lower. Much Much lower :rofl:

Even when we're irrelevant, the obsession lingers. :thumb:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:

Even when we're irrelevant, the obsession lingers. :thumb:

But you're not irrelevant, if it wasn't for you there wouldn't be an egriz, and if there wasn't an egriz there wouldn't be countless hours of entertaining reading material...Montana is more important to the conference than you think.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: Even when we're irrelevant, the obsession lingers. :thumb:

But you're not irrelevant, if it wasn't for you there wouldn't be an egriz, and if there wasn't an egriz there wouldn't be countless hours of entertaining reading material...Montana is more important to the conference than you think.
Exactly. If not for eGriz, you'd have to read, say, the Idaho message board and spend most of your time fighting the urge to douse yourself in gasoline. :?
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

Exactly. If not for eGriz, you'd have to read, say, the Idaho message board and spend most of your time fighting the urge to douse yourself in gasoline. :?

Came awfully close last time...
Thundernuts
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southern Utah

Post by Thundernuts »

I havent been around much this season, but wanted to tell Weber fans good luck this weekend in the playoffs, rep the BSC and Utah specifically. You are a legit team and my hats off to you!
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

I mean, even when we try as hard as we can to lose as many games as we can we still finished 6-5 :?
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: Even when we're irrelevant, the obsession lingers. :thumb:

Don't worry. Whenever you lose none of us read the board Chris made for you because no one cares.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Silenoz wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

Don't worry. Whenever you lose none of us read the board Chris made for you because no one cares.

I don't actually care if other fans visit our board or not, as for me I only go onto egriz for entertainment purposes, since it's anything but a hub for intellectual conversation. :coffee:
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
Silenoz wrote:

I don't actually care if other fans visit our board or not, as for me I only go onto egriz for entertainment purposes, since it's anything but a hub for intellectual conversation. :coffee:
Hey man, visit it all you want. Just be sure to thank the horrible Griz fans for providing you with eGriz, the Weber board, CS, AGS... basically everything. Man, even when we're terrible we have to keep everything afloat apparently. You're welcome :thumb:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Silenoz wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

Hey man, visit it all you want. Just be sure to thank the horrible Griz fans for providing you with eGriz, the Weber board, CS, AGS... basically everything. Man, even when we're terrible we have to keep everything afloat apparently. You're welcome :thumb:

I kinda already did my friend. :thumb:
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

ajwildcat wrote:I would put Weber ahead of EWU due to the fact that Weber beat the Eags head to head. Oh and the fact that WSU is the #2 seed in the playoffs is another solid reason to put WSU as #1 in the power rankings.
Nope. EWU is number 1 in power rankings, and don"t get ahead of yourself bucko, a 14-6 win over EWU in Ogden, without All-American Gage Gubrud & a young Qb starting his second game, isnt exactly "convincing." Relax & remember: EWU is big d*ck in Big Sky.
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

BlackFalkin wrote:
ajwildcat wrote:I would put Weber ahead of EWU due to the fact that Weber beat the Eags head to head. Oh and the fact that WSU is the #2 seed in the playoffs is another solid reason to put WSU as #1 in the power rankings.
Nope. EWU is number 1 in power rankings, and don"t get ahead of yourself bucko, a 14-6 win over EWU in Ogden, without All-American Gage Gubrud & a young Qb starting his second game, isnt exactly "convincing." Relax & remember: EWU is big d*ck in Big Sky.
Oh, how I've missed these posts... :notworthy:
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

BlackFalkin wrote:
Dick riding imo
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

BlackFalkin wrote:

Again the game against Weber was his 3rd start as he started for Eastern last year against North Dakota :tothehand: Also Weber beat Gubrud in Cheney last year...this is no longer a viable excuse.
BlackFalkin
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: EASTERN WASHINGTON

Post by BlackFalkin »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
BlackFalkin wrote:

Again the game against Weber was his 3rd start he started at UND last year Also Weber beat Gubrud in Cheney last year...this is no longer a viable excuse.
We aren't talking about last year, genius. We're talking about this year, and the coaches poll has EWU ahead of Weber, AFTER the game in ogden!

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/ ... aches-poll

In other words, people in the know agree with Jalmond's Power Rankings. Now Ryan, I'm going to tell you something..... & I want you to remember it and think of this when Weber St goes down in these playoffs, okay?

EWU is Big D*ck, in Big Sky! :coffee:
EWU FOOTBALL 2004|2005|2010|2012|2013|2014|2016|2018|BigSky Champions
EASTERN WASHINGTON|2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

BlackFalkin wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

Again the game against Weber was his 3rd start he started at UND last year Also Weber beat Gubrud in Cheney last year...this is no longer a viable excuse.
We aren't talking about last year, genius. We're talking about this year, and the coaches poll has EWU ahead of Weber, AFTER the game in ogden!

In other words, people in the know agree with Jalmond's Power Rankings. Now Ryan, I'm going to tell you something..... & I want you to remember it and think of this when Weber St goes down in these playoffs, okay?

You continue to claim your QB was starting in only his 2nd game...which is a lie. And you continue to mention that you were without Gubrud as if him playing would have made a huge difference when last years game in Cheney WITH Gubrud starting proved that isnt a guarantee. The Coaches can believe whatever they want, but at the end off the day the opinions that really matter was the committee's and obviously they thought Weber is better, hence getting the 2 seed.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
BlackFalkin wrote:

You continue to claim your QB was starting in only his 2nd game...which is a lie. And you continue to mention that you were without Gubrud as if him playing would have made a huge difference when last years game in Cheney WITH Gubrud starting proved that isnt a guarantee. The Coaches can believe whatever they want, but at the end off the day the opinions that really matter was the committee's and obviously they thought Weber is better, hence getting the 2 seed.

More importantly in that game, we were down to our 4th and 5th string OT's. Weber's front 4 is very talented and got up field fast, disrupting the RPO. Plus you guys blitz from every position on any down. That's one of the reasons your defense is so effective and I admire the shit out of it.

It was a perfect storm coming down the Wasatch.

Both starting safeties, Mitch Fettig and Tyson Prunty were also dinged up for that game as was Kettner Kupp but our defense played well none the less.

Play that game again with a healthier o-line and more reps under EB3's belt and I like our chances.

EWU and Weber's rankings were a toss up only because of the h2h. You had a bad loss to NAU and played some relatively close games while we blew out everyone else. EWU's SoS was a little higher too. I wasn't surprised to see you get the 2 seed as the committee doesn't drill down all that deep and highly values h2h but there are 100's of people on this message board and AGS that are better at evaluating and ranking teams than the committee. Most of them had EWU ahead.

Hope we see you again in Ogden.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

kalm wrote:EWU and Weber's rankings were a toss up only because of the h2h. You had a bad loss to NAU and played some relatively close games while we blew out everyone else. EWU's SoS was a little higher too. I wasn't surprised to see you get the 2 seed as the committee doesn't drill down all that deep and highly values h2h but there are 100's of people on this message board and AGS that are better at evaluating and ranking teams than the committee. Most of them had EWU ahead.
I had Weber higher. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
kalm wrote:EWU and Weber's rankings were a toss up only because of the h2h. You had a bad loss to NAU and played some relatively close games while we blew out everyone else. EWU's SoS was a little higher too. I wasn't surprised to see you get the 2 seed as the committee doesn't drill down all that deep and highly values h2h but there are 100's of people on this message board and AGS that are better at evaluating and ranking teams than the committee. Most of them had EWU ahead.
I had Weber higher. :coffee:
Shocker! :lol: