2018 Guardian Credit Union FCS Kickoff, JSU vs NC A&T, tonight, 7 PM, ESPN

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

2018 NCAT Thread

Post by Gil Dobie »

dal4018 wrote:The Aggies play Gardner Webb tonight at 6:00 this could be a TRAP GAME??????
No problem handling them.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Re: 2018 NCAT Thread

Post by JohnStOnge »

Gil Dobie wrote:
dal4018 wrote:The Aggies play Gardner Webb tonight at 6:00 this could be a TRAP GAME??????
Yes and East Carolina beating North Carolina 41-19 made A&T look better too. It's just a shame that the MEAC allowed itself to be dragged down by the SWAC so that its champ won't be in the playoffs. I guess we could hope that some other MEAC team somehow wins the conference with an upset of NC A&T. Maybe NC A&T could have 20 players suspended for a game or something.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Yes and East Carolina beating North Carolina 41-19 made A&T look better too. It's just a shame that the MEAC allowed itself to be dragged down by the SWAC so that its champ won't be in the playoffs. I guess we could hope that some other MEAC team somehow wins the conference with an upset of NC A&T. Maybe NC A&T could have 20 players suspended for a game or something.
When was the last time a MEAC team won a playoff game?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

kalm wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
This team looks a lot better than any of those MEAC teams that lost in the playoffs. If you haven't noticed, the MEAC and SWAC have been improving little by little, with the extra funds brought in by the Celebration Bowl. Not just on the field, but facilities upgrades too.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Gil Dobie wrote:
kalm wrote:
This team looks a lot better than any of those MEAC teams that lost in the playoffs. If you haven't noticed, the MEAC and SWAC have been improving little by little, with the extra funds brought in by the Celebration Bowl. Not just on the field, but facilities upgrades too.
Agree and I’m rooting for them, Gil. Grambling has played a couple of FBS opponents tough recently and PVAM has looked good so far this year in close losses to Rice and SHSU. But NCAT lost bad to a beat up Richmond just two years ago in the playoffs and we were saying similar things about BCU when they had an FBS win or two and we’re one and done. It’s all irrelevant to me until they decide to prove themselves in the playoffs and they deserve little consideration until that happens in IMHO.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

kalm wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
I think it was 1999 when Florida A&M beat Appalachian State 44-29 i the first round then beat Troy State 17-10 in the quarterfinals before losing 24-27 to Youngstown State in the semifinals.

That's what makes it so sad that this North Carolina A&T team almost certainly won't be in the playoffs because of the MEAC's decision to let the SWAC drag it down. I think at this point it's pretty obvious that there's a reasonable chance that this team could be competitive in the playoffs.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote:
kalm wrote:
I think it was 1999 when Florida A&M beat Appalachian State 44-29 i the first round then beat Troy State 17-10 in the quarterfinals before losing 24-27 to Youngstown State in the semifinals.

That's what makes it so sad that this North Carolina A&T team almost certainly won't be in the playoffs because of the MEAC's decision to let the SWAC drag it down. I think at this point it's pretty obvious that there's a reasonable chance that this team could be competitive in the playoffs.
Agreed, there is a chance they could be competitive and it's sad they won't. They looked like they belonged on the same field as JSU and ECU's win against UNC yesterday validates that victory further. But statistically they were handed both those games and every year there are several teams that begin with a surprising FBS or upset of an over-rated JSU type FCS that end up not even making the playoffs. IIRC there was one year not that long ago where McNeese laid the wood to a UCF or USF then fizzled.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

kalm wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Florida A&M vs Troy late '90s but you have a obvious point they get close in some cases but no cigar.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
kalm wrote:

The Aggies are currently ranked 4th this is the highest ranking ever for a school in MEAC history before that South Carolina St had a opening season of being ranked 7th in '11.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Yes they beat GARDNER WEBB 45-6 saw this on the school website.Their next opponent is Morgan St.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
kalm wrote:

In that game vs ASU I think the Rattlers accumulated 400 total yds on offense it validated their offense as a legit threat.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: 2018 Guardian Credit Union FCS Kickoff, JSU vs NC A&T, tonight, 7 PM, ESPN

Post by clenz »

Hey Gil....how bout them Aggies?

200 total yards of offense and a massive 14 points against an 0-3 Morgan State team

The mighty Bears were a super impressive 4-21 since the start of the 2016 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

clenz wrote:Hey Gil....how bout them Aggies?

200 total yards of offense and a massive 14 points against an 0-3 Morgan State team

The mighty Bears were a super impressive 4-21 since the start of the 2016 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bison laid a few eggs and lost to a few teams during their championship seasons too. Any Given Saturday.
You never know how good a team is until a few games have been played. How many people had Sam Houston in their top ten or even five, or New Hampshire, or a Jacksonville State that got beat by them Aggies.

Same in the pros, those Super Bowl favorite Vikings losing to Buffalo today in Minnesota, and almost pitching a shutout. :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
This NCAT is better than the other good MEAC teams that bombed in the playoffs the last 20 years.
:blah:
8-)
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:
89Hen wrote: :blah:
8-)
FAMU is the top team in the MEAC right now. Looks like it was a good game, and some one had it as one of the top four games of the week. :thumb:

The game I selected in fact. :D
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote:
89Hen wrote: 8-)
FAMU is the top team in the MEAC right now. Looks like it was a good game, and some one had it as one of the top four games of the week. :thumb:

So are you ready to proclaim that FAMU is better than the other good MEAC teams that bombed in the playoffs the last 20 years?
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:

So are you ready to proclaim that FAMU is better than the other good MEAC teams that bombed in the playoffs the last 20 years?
Of course, the MEAC is better today.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote:
89Hen wrote: So are you ready to proclaim that FAMU is better than the other good MEAC teams that bombed in the playoffs the last 20 years?
Of course, the MEAC is better today.
Better than what? The Patriot is about it.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil, guess how many out of conference Division I wins the top 5 teams in the MEAC have so far this season between them...

ONE. Bethune-Cookman beat 0-5 Mississippi Valley State. :rofl:
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:Gil, guess how many out of conference Division I wins the top 5 teams in the MEAC have so far this season between them...

ONE. Bethune-Cookman beat 0-5 Mississippi Valley State. :rofl:
3 by the bottom 5 at this point in the season, including a top 20 team in Jacksonville St.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

MEAC OOC

FBS 1-10
FCS 4-8 JMU(L),Towson(L),Jacksonville St(W)
Other 4-0
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote:MEAC OOC

FBS 1-10
Other 4-0
Same old MEAC.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Gil Dobie »

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:MEAC OOC

FBS 1-10
Other 4-0
Same old MEAC.
We don't know that. They do not send their conference champion to the playoffs, and they now participate in the celebration bowl, and bring in a boat load of money. And they did defeat a top 10 team this year, OOC.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

Gil Dobie wrote:
89Hen wrote: Same old MEAC.
We don't know that. They do not send their conference champion to the playoffs, and they now participate in the celebration bowl, and bring in a boat load of money. And they did defeat a top 10 team this year, OOC.
Those that choose to ignore history... MEAC can't compete with the rest of I-AA. JaxSt.... you probably know my feelings on them too.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

89Hen wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
Those that choose to ignore history... MEAC can't compete with the rest of I-AA. JaxSt.... you probably know my feelings on them too.
You think JACKSONVILLE St is overrated why?????