Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 10-6

Post by JALMOND »

Sitting at 37-9 so far after last week and still searching for the perfect week. Six games on tap for the conference as Montana State drew the short straw and will sit out (North Dakota is not playing this week either). Maybe the last we see of the "gimme" games in the conference this week with the possible exception of upstart Idaho State, who's been waiting a long time to face Idaho. Here are my picks for the weekend.

CP at SAC---Hornets seem to have a good team but just can't play up to their level. Having two weeks to prepare for the Mustangs may be a little overkill however as the Mustangs are trying to stay out of the basement...SAC 34, CP 10.

UI at ISU---Tables have turned in this game since the start of the season. Most would have penciled this in as a Vandals win at the beginning, but now, most would say the Bengals have a good shot at getting a win. Either way, it should be good...ISU 38, UI 31.

PSU at UM---The Grizzlies are rolling and there seems to be no end in sight. The Vikings had to feel good about holding Idaho down a bit, but they still can't break through the conference win column...UM 44, PSU 17.

SUU at EWU---The Thunderbirds promising season is closing fast and now they need a win in probably the worst place to play in the conference this season. The Eagles definitely won't back down here...EWU 41, SUU 24.

UCD at UNC---The Aggies had two weeks to prepare for this showdown against the Bears, who just can't seem to put it all together. They may get a win someday, but this one, even at their home, goes to the guests...UCD 38, UNC 32.

WSU at NAU---The Lumberjacks are not bad without Cookus. They are still capable of getting conference wins, as long as they stay away from the elite. However, the Wildcats are still one of the conference elite...WSU 31, NAU 17.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Big Sky Predictions 10-6

Post by SDHornet »

Sac
ISU
UM
EWU
dungpilers
WSU
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Suutah 26-49 EWUWell, at least the blood of SUU's defense won't show too much

Cal Poly 24-49 SacSac's O is adept at getting big plays, while Cal Poly's D is adept at allowing big plays

Idaho 17-35 Idaho St.Here comes ISU's second win over Idaho in the past 3 decades

Weber 27-14 NAU — Cookus is out again, so Weber should be able to put the pillow over NAU's face

Portland St. 14-48 MontanaThe perfect homecoming opponent

Davis 27-17 NoCo — The Bears are thinking, "Just one week until Portland State. Just one week until Portland State."
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

UC Davis @ Northern Colorado - UC Davis leads all time series 6-3 and are winners of 1 straight.

Before last week I believed UNC was one of the most talented winless teams out their and that they would get a win soon............but not soon enough.

AGGIES 38-20

Southern Utah @ Eastern Washington - Eastern leads the all time series 6-3, SUU has won 1 straight.

I expected the Thunderchickens to slip a little bit but I never though it would be this bad...

EAGLES 51-21

Portland State @ Montana - Montana leads the all time series 29-12 and have won 1 straight

Even after this weekend we still wont know what Montana is truly made of.

GRIZZLIES 58-10

Weber State @ Northern Arizona - Northern Arizona leads the all time series 26-25 and have won 3 straight.

I think the question here is...Who's defense steps up and makes the play?

WILDCATS 28-24

Idaho @ Idaho State - Idaho leads the all time series 28-11 and have won 4 straight

2 rivals get together for the first time in 10 years. And Idaho State is ready for "Big Brother"

BENGALS 30-14

Cal Poly @ Sacramento State - Cal Poly leads the all time series 20-17, Sacramento has won 1 straight

The Green and Gold game is not going to be that close this year.

HORNETS 38-17
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

I'm not so sure it's a matter of "playing to level" for the Hornets. It's a matter of finishing. And we haven't really done that this year, even in the blowouts. We MUST get that done, or the season will be done early.

Sac 41, CP 3 (I hope.)
Idalol 21, ISU 20 (This one deserves to be a 0-0 draw....)
Griz 70, PSU 2 (The Griz take an intentional at the end to run out the clock....)
EWU 56, SUU 0
Manure Pile 31, UNC 24 (Another game I can't stand, two FCSINOs....)
BBQ 49, NAU 31

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Computer Predictions

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SUU @ EWU
Spread - Eagles by 22.5
Sagarin - Eagles by 22
Massey - Eagles by 17

CP @ SAC
Spread - Hornets by 6.5 (was 14 yesterday :? )
Sagarin - Hornets by 12
Massey - Hornets by 13

IDA @ ISU
Spread - Bengals by 18 (was 9.5 yesterday :? )
Sagarin - Bengals by 7
Massey - Bengals by 1

WEB @ NAU
Spread - 'Jacks by 1 (was Wildcats by 7.5 yesterday :? )
Sagarin - Wildcats by 5
Massey - Wildcats by 9

PSU @ UMT
Spread - Griz by 25.5
Sagarin - Griz by 26
Massey - Griz by 24

UCD @ UNC
Spread - Aggies by 14.5
Sagarin - Aggies by 14
Massey - Aggies by 12
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:Sitting at 37-9 so far after last week and still searching for the perfect week. Six games on tap for the conference as Montana State drew the short straw and will sit out (North Dakota is not playing this week either). Maybe the last we see of the "gimme" games in the conference this week with the possible exception of upstart Idaho State, who's been waiting a long time to face Idaho. Here are my picks for the weekend.

CP at SAC---Hornets seem to have a good team but just can't play up to their level. Having two weeks to prepare for the Mustangs may be a little overkill however as the Mustangs are trying to stay out of the basement...SAC 34, CP 10.

UI at ISU---Tables have turned in this game since the start of the season. Most would have penciled this in as a Vandals win at the beginning, but now, most would say the Bengals have a good shot at getting a win. Either way, it should be good...ISU 38, UI 31.

PSU at UM---The Grizzlies are rolling and there seems to be no end in sight. The Vikings had to feel good about holding Idaho down a bit, but they still can't break through the conference win column...UM 44, PSU 17.

SUU at EWU---The Thunderbirds promising season is closing fast and now they need a win in probably the worst place to play in the conference this season. The Eagles definitely won't back down here...EWU 41, SUU 24.

UCD at UNC---The Aggies had two weeks to prepare for this showdown against the Bears, who just can't seem to put it all together. They may get a win someday, but this one, even at their home, goes to the guests...UCD 38, UNC 32.

WSU at NAU---The Lumberjacks are not bad without Cookus. They are still capable of getting conference wins, as long as they stay away from the elite. However, the Wildcats are still one of the conference elite...WSU 31, NAU 17.
3-3 this week, pushes me to 40-12 overall. Brutal week for the favorites, but I am happy. :D
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Post by SeattleGriz »

JALMOND wrote:
JALMOND wrote:Sitting at 37-9 so far after last week and still searching for the perfect week. Six games on tap for the conference as Montana State drew the short straw and will sit out (North Dakota is not playing this week either). Maybe the last we see of the "gimme" games in the conference this week with the possible exception of upstart Idaho State, who's been waiting a long time to face Idaho. Here are my picks for the weekend.

3-3 this week, pushes me to 40-12 overall. Brutal week for the favorites, but I am happy. :D
Congratulations on the win!
Everything is better with SeattleGriz
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

JALMOND wrote:

:censored: :censored: :argue: :punch: :wtf:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post-Week-6 Standings

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

• 1. Eastern Washington_______3-0_____5-1_____W5/W3
    2. UC Davis _________________2-0_____4-1_____W2
    3. Idaho State _______________3-0_____4-1_____W3
    4. Montana __________________2-1_____4-2_____L1
    5. Northern Arizona _________2-1_____3-3_____W1
    6. Weber State_______________1-1_____3-2_____L1
    7. Montana State_____________1-1_____3-2_____L1
    --North Dakota _____________1-1_____3-2_____W1
    8. Idaho______________________1-2_____2-3_____L1
    9. Cal Poly___________________1-2_____2-4_____W1
    10.Portland State_____________1-2_____2-4_____W1
    11.Sacramento State _________0-2_____2-3_____L2
    12.Southern Utah ____________0-2_____0-5_____L2/L6
    13.Northern Colorado________0-3_____0-6_____L3/L6

The 1st., 4th., and 6th. place ties are broken by Sagarins.
The 8th. and last place ties are broken by H2H (Idaho beat PSU, Sac beat NoCo).
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SDHornet wrote:Sac
ISU
UM
EWU
dungpilers
WSU