Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Big Sky Predictions - Week 5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Montana 34-24 Cal Poly — Kent Baer gets his turn at The Devil's Offense

Portland St. 21-41 IdahoBattle for the basement?

NAU 35-41 Idaho St.Cookus's status is still unknown, so I'll go with The Barn

EWU 38-24 Montana St. — Fun Fact!: Eastern leads the Big Sky in rushing & they're averaging 8.3 ypc

NoDak 31-28 NoCo — Josh Davis ran for 218 on NoCo, so Santiago & Oliveira should go wild… right?
css75
Level3
Level3

Re: Big Sky Predictions - Week 5

Post by css75 »

ISU needs this win badly. If they get it, the program becomes relevant again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

Week 2 in the conference season, but this week sees four teams taking a bye. Five games on the docket involving the Big Sky. Some interesting results last week and we'll see how those teams come out this week. In one of the more intriguing matchups, Northern Colorado draws the wild card, North Dakota this week. After the first conference weekend I am at 33-8, hoping for perfection as usual.

EWU at MSU---The Eagles looked strong in the first week at home, but now must go out on the road to hostile territory as they play the Bobcats, who got a nice conference road win in their first game. This has the makings of a great game, but go with the visitors...EWU 38, MSU 28.

UM at CP---The Grizzlies had just enough last week to hold off a strong challenger at their friendly confines. Now they have to go on the road into California to take on the Mustangs who are reeling from a huge road loss in their conference opener. Not much different here...UM 31, CP 21.

North Dakota at UNC---The motto for the season for the Bears so far has been close but not close enough and that includes last weekend when they played good enough for three quarters only to lose in the fourth. They welcome the Hawks who have some questions now...UNC 29, North Dakota 25.

NAU at ISU---Hey, Bengals, where did that performance last week at North Dakota come from? They are now riding a big confidence wave as they bring in the reeling Lumberjacks, who got a good home win last week. Can the Bengals catch the Lumberjacks napping?...ISU 28, NAU 24.

PSU at UI---Some disappointing turn of events for both teams as the Vandals looked pretty bad for most of the game last week and the Vikings looked pretty bad for all of their game. A win for either could jumpstart their season while a loss could end it...UI 38, PSU 21.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

North Dakota @ Northern Colorado - North Dakota leads series 16-12 and have won 5 straight.

North Dakota looked impressive in their road win @ Sam Houston State, but then lost at home to Idaho State. Northern Colorado has had a brutal schedule resulting in an 0-4 record. This Bears team might be one of the better winless teams in the nation, but they wont be winless for long.

Bears 31-20

Eastern Washington @ Montana State - Eastern leads the series 31-10 and have won 6 straight.

Montana State's QB issues seem to be working out for them but now they play their 2nd game against a top 10 foe, the last time they did they lost by 31. Eastern Washington looks incredible right now. Could it be that Eastern has finally found a defense and a run game to go along with that passing attack?

Eagles 52-30

Northern Arizona @ Idaho State - NAU leads the series 35-16-1 and have won 10 straight.

Is Cookus back yet? Is he going to return at all this year? NAU has a schedule built to win the Big Sky title, can they take advantage of it? Idaho State is riding high after their win in Grand Forks. Can they keep riding that momentum or is a let down in their future?

Lumberjacks 41-35

Portland State @ Idaho - Idaho leads the series 11-1 and have won 1 straight.

Both of these teams have looked like garbage this season. Portland State has a lot of talented players but for some reason cant seem to gel as a team. Idaho was thought to have FBS talent and would compete right away, but it seems half of the team has given up just as much as their fanbase has.

Idaho 28-17

Montana @ Cal Poly - Montana leads the all time series 15-5, BUT Cal Poly has won 3 straight.

It's time to find out what Montana is really made of. Are they for real or has the home friendly schedule they've played so far made them look like more than they are? Cal Poly seems like they are better than last year but their schedule has been absolutely brutal.

Grizzlies 31-20
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

I predict yet another massive struggle with Cal Poly
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Griz 56, Cow Poly 10
Idalol 21, PSU 20, 2OT
NAU 31, ISU 3
EWU 63, Kitties 13
Sioux 17, UNC 14

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:Week 2 in the conference season, but this week sees four teams taking a bye. Five games on the docket involving the Big Sky. Some interesting results last week and we'll see how those teams come out this week. In one of the more intriguing matchups, Northern Colorado draws the wild card, North Dakota this week. After the first conference weekend I am at 33-8, hoping for perfection as usual.

EWU at MSU---The Eagles looked strong in the first week at home, but now must go out on the road to hostile territory as they play the Bobcats, who got a nice conference road win in their first game. This has the makings of a great game, but go with the visitors...EWU 38, MSU 28.

UM at CP---The Grizzlies had just enough last week to hold off a strong challenger at their friendly confines. Now they have to go on the road into California to take on the Mustangs who are reeling from a huge road loss in their conference opener. Not much different here...UM 31, CP 21.

North Dakota at UNC---The motto for the season for the Bears so far has been close but not close enough and that includes last weekend when they played good enough for three quarters only to lose in the fourth. They welcome the Hawks who have some questions now...UNC 29, North Dakota 25.

NAU at ISU---Hey, Bengals, where did that performance last week at North Dakota come from? They are now riding a big confidence wave as they bring in the reeling Lumberjacks, who got a good home win last week. Can the Bengals catch the Lumberjacks napping?...ISU 28, NAU 24.

PSU at UI---Some disappointing turn of events for both teams as the Vandals looked pretty bad for most of the game last week and the Vikings looked pretty bad for all of their game. A win for either could jumpstart their season while a loss could end it...UI 38, PSU 21.
4-1 this week. Idaho State came through for me, but Northern Colorado could not. 37-9 for the year.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:Montana 34-24 Cal Poly — Kent Baer gets his turn at The Devil's Offense

Portland St. 21-41 IdahoBattle for the basement?

NAU 35-41 Idaho St.Cookus's status is still unknown, so I'll go with The Barn

EWU 38-24 Montana St. — Fun Fact!: Eastern leads the Big Sky in rushing & they're averaging 8.3 ypc

NoDak 31-28 NoCo — Josh Davis ran for 218 on NoCo, so Santiago & Oliveira should go wild… right?

5-0. Aren't I amazing? :D
css75
Level3
Level3

Big Sky Predictions - Week 5

Post by css75 »

I went to the ISU game today. They actually have a defense this year. NAU has an excellent secondary, ISU did not pass well, but gained over 300 on the ground. NAU scores on td on a blocked punt and was set up for another td by a 12 yard punt. Needless to say ISU needs to work on punting. NAU gained over 300 in the air but under 100on the ground.

Great day, looking forward to Vandals going to the Quonset hut next week.

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

css75 wrote:I went to the ISU game today. They actually have a defense this year. NAU has an excellent secondary, ISU did not pass well, but gained over 300 on the ground. NAU scores on td on a blocked punt and was set up for another td by a 12 yard punt. Needless to say ISU needs to work on punting. NAU gained over 300 in the air but under 100on the ground.

Great day, looking forward to Vandals going to the Quonset hut next week.

Heading into this week, ISU was one of two BSC teams ranked in the top 50 in total defense.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post-Week-5 Standings

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

• 1. Eastern Washington_______2-0_____4-1_____W4/W2
    2. Weber State_______________1-0_____3-1_____W6/W3
    3. Montana __________________2-0_____4-1_____W2
    4. UC Davis _________________1-0_____3-1_____W1
    5. Idaho State _______________2-0_____3-1_____W2
    --North Dakota _____________1-1_____3-2_____W1
    6. Northern Arizona _________1-1_____2-3_____L1
    7. Montana State_____________1-1_____3-2_____L1
    8. Idaho______________________1-1_____2-2_____W1
    9. Sacramento State _________0-1_____2-2_____L1
    10.Southern Utah ____________0-1_____0-4_____L1/L5
    11.Cal Poly __________________0-2_____1-4_____L4/L2
    12.Northern Colorado________0-2_____0-5_____L2/L5
    13.Portland State_____________0-2_____1-4_____L12/L2

All current tiebreakers are broken through Sagarins.