Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 9-22

Post by JALMOND »

Home. You can come home again. Where people love you, accept you for who you are. In football, home is where you play in front of your family and your lifelong friends. That is why in conference play, home can sometimes be the deciding factor, more so than record-wise. You dig a little more, you push a little more. Everyone plays this weekend in the Big Sky, with some help from former member North Dakota. I'm currently at 28-6, hoping for perfection.

CP at EWU---The Eagles enter conference play feeling good about themselves and they face a Mustangs team that broke through and got a win last week. This could be a good game, but in the end, take the home team...EWU 38, CP 28.

UI at UCD---The Vandals took an extra week to prepare for their new conference while the Aggies looked sharp against the strong and mighty Stanford team. The week off could help the Vandals, but again, have to go with the home team...UCD 41, UI 28.

ISU at North Dakota---Former members the Hawks, coming off their big win over Sam Houston State, start play as a wild card in the Big Sky race, welcoming the Bengals who are about where everyone expected. Again, home team wins...North Dakota 28, ISU 17.

MSU at PSU---The Bobcats come in prepared, having gone 1-1 against the mighty Missouri Valley. The Vikings finally broke through and got a win last week. On paper, Bobcats should win, but, what the heck, take the home team...PSU 28, MSU 25.

UNC at WSU---The Bears have been hanging tough with everyone but can't get a win. The Wildcats showed true grit in getting a win over South Dakota. The Bears probably will keep it close, but once again, the home team prevails...WSU 35, UNC 28.

SAC at UM---The Hornets have had some great outings so far and think they can do some good things this year. The Grizzlies have been playing tough as well. The Hornets may think they can win in Missoula, so, well, nah. Home team wins again...UM 35, SAC 32.

SUU at NAU---Two teams struggling entering conference play. The Thunderbirds looked lost against the Pac-12 bottom teams and the Lumberjacks took it on the chin in both FCS games after getting an FBS win. Clean sweep. Home team wins...NAU 28, SUU 20.

First week of the season, home team wins all.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: Big Sky Predictions 9-22

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Cal Poly 20-38 EWUJoe Protheroe got 43 carries in a blowout win last week :?

Montana St. 34-21 Portland St. — How will the Vikings do in a vaguely competitive contest?

Idaho 20-31 DavisNot much info on Idaho, but the Aggies look pretty good

NoCo 17-27 WeberAnother week, another hard-fought loss to a good team for the Bears

Suutah 27-42 NAUStick a fork in the loser, though I wonder if we can stick a fork in SUU anyway

Sac 28-23 Montana — The last time the Griz wore copper & gold against Sac, Dave Dickenson actually was the QB

Idaho St. 34-41 NoDakThe F-Hawks suddenly look good, but they've had trouble with ISU recently
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Sacramento State @ Montana - Sacramento State has a shot in this game, but seeing as it's in Missoula, a place the Griz hardly ever lose I'll take Montana 31-17

Cal Poly @ Eastern Washington - Cal Poly isn't as bad as they were last year and could make this game interesting...but it is still a tall task. 40-24 Eagles

Idaho State @ North Dakota - The last 4 games in this series have been decided by 7, 6, 3 and 3 points. I feel this one will be similar. 28-23 Fighting Hawks

Montana State @ Portland State - Montana State's defense is going to be the reason they win this game. 24-23 Bobcats

That team down south @ Northern Arizona - NAU took another black eye and SUUcks will go into the game bruised, beaten and ready for a win. 38-28 Chickens

Idaho @ UC Davis - The Aggies have looked far more impressive in their OOC than Idaho has, Welcome back to the Big Sky Idaho. 41-25 Aggies

Northern Colorado @ Weber State - Donning their own retro uniforms, the Wildcat defense continues to be stifling and the offense finds a rhythm early. 31-13 Wildcats
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Venus picked the Griz to LOSE to Sac?!? Say it ain't so!

EWU 49, Cow Poly 10
Kitties 17, PSU 6
Manure Pile 17, Idalol 0
BBQ 42, UNC 3
NAU 35, SUU 7
Sac 31, Griz 24
Sioux 20, ISU 3

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

SuperHornet wrote:Venus picked the Griz to LOSE to Sac?!? Say it ain't so!
No kidding. I had to rub my eyes and look trice. :shock: :shock: :shock:

EWU - Won't be close
dungpilers - Won't be close
UND - Won't be close
MSU - Close
WSU - Close
Sac - Close
NAU - Close
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SDHornet wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:Venus picked the Griz to LOSE to Sac?!? Say it ain't so!
No kidding. I had to rub my eyes and look trice. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Sac's the better team on paper, so they should win at least. We'll see if they're ready for prime time.

The Griz have some issues that I don't believe they'll be able to fix this season, like their lack of a running game and a QB with spotty accuracy.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
SDHornet wrote: No kidding. I had to rub my eyes and look trice. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Sac's the better team on paper, so they should win at least. We'll see if they're ready for prime time.

The Griz have some issues that I don't believe they'll be able to fix this season, like their lack of a running game and a QB with spotty accuracy.
Throughout the years, there have been many damn fine teams that have found a way to lose at Wash-Griz. :nod:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

JALMOND wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:

Throughout the years, there have been many damn fine teams that have found a way to lose at Wash-Griz. :nod:
Yeah, but most all of those Griz teams were better than this one. :-|
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

SuperHornet wrote: Sac 31, Griz 24
Guess we're underdogs for the first time in the history of the world
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Computer Predictions

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

CP @ EWU
Spread - Eagles by 30 (it was 23 a couple days ago :? )
Sagarin - Eagles by 16
Massey - Eagles by 19

MSU @ PSU
Spread - Bobcats by 10.5
Sagarin - Bobcats by 11
Massey - Bobcats by 10

IDA @ UCD
Spread - Aggies by 2 (it was 11 a couple days ago :? )
Sagarin - Aggies by 11
Massey - Aggies by 3

UNC @ WEB
Spread - Wildcats by 20
Sagarin - Wildcats by 18
Massey - Wildcats by 24

SUU @ NAU
Spread - 'Jacks by 4
Sagarin - 'Jacks by 7
Massey - 'Jacks by 1

SAC @ UMT
Spread - Griz by 10.5
Sagarin - Griz by 7
Massey - Griz by 7

ISU @ UND
Spread - F-Hawks by 7
Sagarin - F-Hawks by 5
Massey - F-Hawks by 8
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

GG stingers. If the Griz can play for 4 quarters, they might do something.

Also, suck it mvem! :mrgreen:
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Grizalltheway wrote:GG stingers. If the Griz can play for 4 quarters, they might do something.

I was only picking the halftime score! Didn't you see that? ;)
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

JALMOND wrote:Home. You can come home again. Where people love you, accept you for who you are. In football, home is where you play in front of your family and your lifelong friends. That is why in conference play, home can sometimes be the deciding factor, more so than record-wise. You dig a little more, you push a little more. Everyone plays this weekend in the Big Sky, with some help from former member North Dakota. I'm currently at 28-6, hoping for perfection.

CP at EWU---The Eagles enter conference play feeling good about themselves and they face a Mustangs team that broke through and got a win last week. This could be a good game, but in the end, take the home team...EWU 38, CP 28.

UI at UCD---The Vandals took an extra week to prepare for their new conference while the Aggies looked sharp against the strong and mighty Stanford team. The week off could help the Vandals, but again, have to go with the home team...UCD 41, UI 28.

ISU at North Dakota---Former members the Hawks, coming off their big win over Sam Houston State, start play as a wild card in the Big Sky race, welcoming the Bengals who are about where everyone expected. Again, home team wins...North Dakota 28, ISU 17.

MSU at PSU---The Bobcats come in prepared, having gone 1-1 against the mighty Missouri Valley. The Vikings finally broke through and got a win last week. On paper, Bobcats should win, but, what the heck, take the home team...PSU 28, MSU 25.

UNC at WSU---The Bears have been hanging tough with everyone but can't get a win. The Wildcats showed true grit in getting a win over South Dakota. The Bears probably will keep it close, but once again, the home team prevails...WSU 35, UNC 28.

SAC at UM---The Hornets have had some great outings so far and think they can do some good things this year. The Grizzlies have been playing tough as well. The Hornets may think they can win in Missoula, so, well, nah. Home team wins again...UM 35, SAC 32.

SUU at NAU---Two teams struggling entering conference play. The Thunderbirds looked lost against the Pac-12 bottom teams and the Lumberjacks took it on the chin in both FCS games after getting an FBS win. Clean sweep. Home team wins...NAU 28, SUU 20.

First week of the season, home team wins all.
Home teams go 5-2, I go 5-2. 33-8 overall.
Thundernuts
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southern Utah

Post by Thundernuts »

wellll.....I think we're going to chalk this up to a rebuilding year. Hoping to end up .500. Our offense can play but our defense can't. We had the same problem when i was playing, you can go out and score 50 points but if you let your opponent score 51 you're going to lose everytime. Let's go Birds!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Grizalltheway wrote:GG stingers. If the Griz can play for 4 quarters, they might do something.

Hornet D played as though they had no idea UM ran the read option. :ohno:

Sneed is a baller, he gets his accuracy down and he'll be a top QB in FCS for the next couple of years.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

SDHornet wrote:

The read option isn't what killed Sac, though. It was that fake toss QB-run play that UM hadn't called before. Sneed got a couple long TDs with it.

Still, Sac should've been more scared of Sneed's running than his passing. I know the Griz WRs are dangerous, but Sneed hasn't really been able to connect with them for big plays yet this year.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote:

Sneed is a baller, he gets his accuracy down and he'll be a top QB in FCS for the next couple of years.
Hornets D was known for overpusuit. Our OC took advantage of that and those fake pitches were the result.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12