NFL 53 man roster cuts...

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: NFL 53 man roster cuts...

Post by GannonFan »

Stop trying to blame away the poor point you made with this idea that Eagles fans are crazy. You said because they won the Super Bowl now they won't be able to hide their "quality cuts" (your words, not mine) on their practice squad. It's okay to admit either that was a poorly thought out point, or, more advantageous to you, that it was a troll attempt. Like '93 said, we're Eagles fans, we're not like Seattle fans that just showed up because they had pretty colors or cowboys fans because of the neat star on the helmet. If you want to talk football no issue with that, just be prepared to actually talk it.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote:Stop trying to blame away the poor point you made with this idea that Eagles fans are crazy. You said because they won the Super Bowl now they won't be able to hide their "quality cuts" (your words, not mine) on their practice squad. It's okay to admit either that was a poorly thought out point, or, more advantageous to you, that it was a troll attempt. Like '93 said, we're Eagles fans, we're not like Seattle fans that just showed up because they had pretty colors or cowboys fans because of the neat star on the helmet. If you want to talk football no issue with that, just be prepared to actually talk it.
Dude,
you're a neurotic train wreck is what you are...
It's not just a "point" it's also a fact - I'm sorry it irritates you but it's just the truth

It's usually fun to talk about the 53 man roster and practice squads
with normal healthy adult NFL fans
but that dream is over

Jeezus enjoy your old friend paranoia

:rofl:

Go through and review how you respond to every single Eagles inquiry and comment
It's a little bit defensive and loony...

I'm a fan of the NFL
I've been betting on and studying the NFL for over 25 years
The Eagles are a fascinating franchise right now - try to enjoy it
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Dude, I'm on a roll today, don't get me wrong, but I asked you to look at the Eagles 53 man roster and the guys they are cutting and tell me where the problem is. Like '93 said, we're keeping an Australian rugby guy who just started playing football last month because we have that kind of room on the roster. So if you're going to come on here, say that the Eagles are being poached of some awesome, practice squad projects, then be prepared to put some names against that and say who they're going to lose that we should be worried over. I'm fine with other teams taking Donell Pumphery - we whiffed on that draft pick and it's not going to work out. See, a name, imagine that. Put those 25 years of expertise to work and step it up and let's talk details. Who's going to be the guys the Eagles are going to regret losing?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote:Dude, I'm on a roll today, don't get me wrong, but I asked you to look at the Eagles 53 man roster and the guys they are cutting and tell me where the problem is. Like '93 said, we're keeping an Australian rugby guy who just started playing football last month because we have that kind of room on the roster. So if you're going to come on here, say that the Eagles are being poached of some awesome, practice squad projects, then be prepared to put some names against that and say who they're going to lose that we should be worried over. I'm fine with other teams taking Donell Pumphery - we whiffed on that draft pick and it's not going to work out. See, a name, imagine that. Put those 25 years of expertise to work and step it up and let's talk details. Who's going to be the guys the Eagles are going to regret losing?
Okay,
The roster cut downs are not until September 1st
So we don't know in detail until that day who made the team and who didn't
Teams frequently hint at one thing then do something else...

So we've got a few days...

Here's a quote from a football guy on this very same subject...
“Absolutely, what do you think we’ve been doing?” Belichick said with a smile at Tuesday’s press conference. “We look at all 31 teams. We’re in camp. We don’t have watermelon rolls and badminton contests and all that. We’re looking at football. We’re looking at our team and we’re looking at 31 other teams.”

:nod:

“If this player makes the roster, and this other player is released to the league, there’s going to be a lot of action on that player,” Belichick said. “I think we can identify a number of those kinds of players.”

this was interesting too...
https://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/201 ... ction.html

Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time,
clubs must reduce rosters to a maximum of 53 players on the Active/Inactive List.

Simultaneously with the cut-down to 53, clubs that have players in the categories of Active/Physically Unable to Perform or Active/Non-Football Injury or Illness must select one of the following options: place player on Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform or Reserve/Non-Football Injury or Illness, whichever is applicable; request waivers; terminate contract; trade contract; or continue to count the player on the Active List.

Sept. 2 Claiming period for players placed on waivers at the final roster reduction will expire at 12:00 noon, New York time.

We'll see come September 3rd
how many cuts get snatched before they can be added to the practice squads
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

The Eagles have cut Christian Hackenberg!

I heard Belichick is already licking his chops about this hot prospect:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/201 ... sults-2018
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:The Eagles have cut Christian Hackenberg!

I heard Belichick is already licking his chops about this hot prospect:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/201 ... sults-2018

:lol:

The line is forming around the block for Hackenberg
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Check this out...
The NY Giants (3-13) Yes those Giants

Added 6 players off the waiver wire
Now that should tell you how much trouble they were in with lack of depth

The Giants were second in the waiver order (which is the same as the 2018 NFL draft order), behind only the Browns...

Yeesh...
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

The Browns cut a guy I was hoping that they kept WR JEFF JANIS but if I was Belichick I would snatch him up quickly he is just what the Pats need a DEEP THREAT he would be the first one since Randy Moss.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

dal4018 wrote:The Browns cut a guy I was hoping that they kept WR JEFF JANIS but if I was Belichick I would snatch him up quickly he is just what the Pats need a DEEP THREAT he would be the first one since Randy Moss.
Had to Google him...very little pro production...

I trust Belichick...

:coffee:
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Col Hogan wrote:
dal4018 wrote:The Browns cut a guy I was hoping that they kept WR JEFF JANIS but if I was Belichick I would snatch him up quickly he is just what the Pats need a DEEP THREAT he would be the first one since Randy Moss.
Had to Google him...very little pro production...

I trust Belichick...

:coffee:
Belichick has done more with less if he saw this guy it would be the same physically he has everything that you want size 6-3 220 speed 4.30 and he would play for peanuts plus they need help at this position.