BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: Charlottesville riots

Post by BDKJMU »

CID1990 wrote:
mrklean wrote: The Russian did not want to fight us in 1945. We had the Air Power that the Germans did not. We would have blasted them back to the Stone Age. They had nothing to match our B-29's and P-51's.
That's an oft repeated myth.

The Soviets had what was one of the best - if not the best - fighter of the war in the Yakovlev Yak-3. The high altitude variant was easily a contemporary to the P-51. The few non-Russian pilots to fly it almost uniformly agreed that it was superior to late model Spitfires and the P-51D.

Lavochkin also had two VERY good fighters - the La-7 and the La-9. The number one Allied fighter ace of WWII did not fly a Spitfire or a P-51. He flew a La-7... Ivan Kozhedub. He had 62 confirmed kills. Ironically, he went on to command a MiG-15 battalion on the North Korean border which was credited with shooting down something like 15 B-29s.

The Soviet capacity for mass producing aircraft by 1945 was very very good, and their aircraft and tank factories were well beyond the Urals. Stalin moved them there to keep them out of the reach of German forces after 1941. They were well beyond the reach of our B-29s from any place we could have staged them.

The Soviets also had thousands and thousands of late variant T-34 tanks in Eastern Europe in 1945, and nothing we had came anywhere close to it.

Any Allied offensive to roll the Soviets back from Eastern Europe would have been a very bloody affair and our prospects of getting past the Danube would have been very dicey.
What about the Pershing? Didn't the Pershing outperform the T34 in Korea? From what I've read 1st Pershings didn't arrive in Europe until Jan 45', only about 300 were in Europe by the time the Germans surrendered, and only about 15 saw combat. But we certainly had the ability to crank them out en mass like we did the Shermans if for some reason the war had gone into 1946..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

mrklean wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
Since you don't read too well, I'll repeat:

The B-29 didn't have the range to do its job in that scenario- strategic bombing - from any place we could have staged them. The B-29 was useful in going after population centers and manufacturing. The war manufacturing capacity of the USSR was behind the Urals.
If you can't hit the factories then hit the men. Tanks don't mean shyt unless they have men to operate them. The B-29 would have laid waste to Moscow. I still think that the P-51 could hold its own with any fighter of that era.
To hit men you fly lower and you get shot out of the sky. Again, the B-29 was a strategic bomber. Not an attack aircraft.

You need to go back and read your history. Soviet population centers were not fixed. Stalin gave them all up - except Stalingrad.

We could have dropped all the bombs we had on every major Soviet city and it would not have affected their capacity to wage war one bit.

As for the P-51: it was a great fighter. But the idea that it would have owned the skies against competently piloted, contemporary Soviet fighters is a myth. Plus, the average Soviet pilot had scads more combat experience than any other Allied pilots.

The idea that we were in any position to push the Russians out of Europe is not based on any knowledge of the realities that existed at that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

CID1990 wrote:
mrklean wrote:
If you can't hit the factories then hit the men. Tanks don't mean shyt unless they have men to operate them. The B-29 would have laid waste to Moscow. I still think that the P-51 could hold its own with any fighter of that era.
To hit men you fly lower and you get shot out of the sky. Again, the B-29 was a strategic bomber. Not an attack aircraft.

You need to go back and read your history. Soviet population centers were not fixed. Stalin gave them all up - except Stalingrad.

We could have dropped all the bombs we had on every major Soviet city and it would not have affected their capacity to wage war one bit.

As for the P-51: it was a great fighter. But the idea that it would have owned the skies against competently piloted, contemporary Soviet fighters is a myth. Plus, the average Soviet pilot had scads more combat experience than any other Allied pilots.

The idea that we were in any position to push the Russians out of Europe is not based on any knowledge of the realities that existed at that time.

So the Russians are to blame for the riots in Charlottesville?
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

bandl wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

Quit trying to hijack the thread.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

bandl wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

They probably colluded with somebody, yes
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

bandl wrote:
CID1990 wrote:

The Russians are behind everything that goes wrong in this country and abroad. Unless it's China's fault. Them too. :coffee:
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

Col Hogan wrote:
mrklean wrote:
Factories don't move overnight...people can be moved in minutes...

Flatten Moscow and all you've done is energize the Russian people...most of their military was not in Moscow...
Just about all the factories were moved in 1941...away from the lines and population centers (smart). And the production focused on what worked unlike the Nazi's who wasted money and resources on building the next best thing.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote:
bandl wrote:
The Russians are behind everything that goes wrong in this country and abroad. Unless it's China's fault. Them too. :coffee:
I usually blame Canada. :coffee:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
I think the question missing in all of this is what Brian Boitano would do. I'm surprised the question hasn't been asked yet.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

GannonFan wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I usually blame Canada. :coffee:
I think the question missing in all of this is what Brian Boitano would do. I'm surprised the question hasn't been asked yet.
He'd kick some ass. :thumb:
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Chizzang wrote:Gee...
I wish we could just let both sides of this riot kill each other
How about put the KKK folks in jail!!!!!
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

dal4018 wrote:
For what?

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

dal4018 wrote:
For what crime?
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Starting riots attacking unarmed ppl!!!!
Baldy
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Southern

Post by Baldy »

dal4018 wrote:Starting riots attacking unarmed ppl!!!!
I love me some dal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He makes me laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Charlottesville riots

Post by CID1990 »

dal4018 wrote:Starting riots attacking unarmed ppl!!!!
https://media.giphy.com/media/Ow59c0pwTPruU/giphy
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Could watch these dummies all day. :lol:

phpBB [video]
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote:Could watch these dummies all day. :lol:

phpBB [video]
Crowd of hammer & sickle flag waving violent liberals. Just as bad as waving swastika flags.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

BDKJMU wrote:
89Hen wrote:Could watch these dummies all day. :lol:

phpBB [video]
Crowd of hammer & sickle flag waving violent liberals. Just as bad as waving swastika flags.
One and the same imo.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

phpBB [video]

Nothing more than violent domestic terrorists.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

BDKJMU wrote:
phpBB [video]

For all the talk of Nazis....

Personal video and social media- this is why I don't think these groups will ever get much traction. In the 1930s all you had were a few folks in the cities saying "these people are dangerous", but they didn't have a lot of backup. And a good portion of the "mainstream media" either ignored or supported Hitler's party

I firmly believe that the Nazis rise to prominence as Hitler's eventual ride to Chancellor would not have happened with social media

CNN and NBC can ignore these people all they like but there is already a private body of work documenting what they really are. 30 years from now every one of these clowns will be denying they participated in Antifa
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Kessler indicted for perjury

Jason Kessler, the organizer of the Unite the Right rally, has been indicted by an Albemarle County grand jury on a felony perjury charge. According to court records, the charge stems from a sworn statement he made in January.

Court records show that he gave a statement to a magistrate claiming that he was assaulted by James Taylor on the Downtown Mall on Jan. 22 while trying to gather signatures for his petition to get Wes Bellamy removed from the Charlottesville City Council.

Taylor said when he refused to sign the petition, Kessler punched him and Kessler was charged with assault.

On Jan. 23, Kessler swore out an assault complaint against Taylor, writing that Taylor "grabbed the petition and my arm, violently shaking to separate the two."

Kessler claimed Taylor screamed an obscenity while "making contact with his face to mine."

However, prosecutors said video of the altercation showed Kessler's version of the story wasn't true.

The assault charge against Taylor was dismissed and Kessler pleaded guilty to an assault charge in April. He was sentenced to 50 hours of community service.

The perjury charge is a class 5 felony and carries a possible sentence of one to ten years in prison and up to a $2,500 fine.
http://www.newsplex.com/content/news/Ke ... 75073.html
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Liberals in Charlottesville 2017: There weren’t enough police, they didn’t have riot gear.
Liberals in Charlottesville 2018: There are too many police, they don’t need riot gear.
https://apnews.com/d3a42449af0f4abc8697 ... kend-opens
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Ibanez wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
yep. Socialized medicine. Every time. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

CID1990 wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:
phpBB [video]

For all the talk of Nazis....

Personal video and social media- this is why I don't think these groups will ever get much traction. In the 1930s all you had were a few folks in the cities saying "these people are dangerous", but they didn't have a lot of backup. And a good portion of the "mainstream media" either ignored or supported Hitler's party

I firmly believe that the Nazis rise to prominence as Hitler's eventual ride to Chancellor would not have happened with social media

CNN and NBC can ignore these people all they like but there is already a private body of work documenting what they really are. 30 years from now every one of these clowns will be denying they participated in Antifa

So let them and the krystalnacht crowd have at each other.

No cops... :mrgreen:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky