Football Championship Subdivision discussions
The Cats
Level2
Level2
I am a fan of: WCU
A.K.A.: The Cats

25 DAYS !!

Post by The Cats »

It's now 26 days until the kickoff of Catamount football on Labor Day Weekend, Saturday, September 1, 2018, against the Newberry College Wolves, in Cullowhee.

Today we'll highlight a Line Backer

#25 Jacquez Williams

Position: Linebacker
Height/Weight: 6'3" 220
Class: Senior
Hometown: Cataula, Ga
College: Georgia Military College
High School: Harris County HS

2017 (Redshirt Junior): Played in 11 of WCU's 12 games on the season, each coming as a defensive reserve and on special teams ... Finished the year with 21 total tackles including 10 solo stops and a tackle for loss coming on a sack ... Made his WCU debut in the season-opener at FBS-foe, Hawai'i (Sept. 2) ... Credited with his first tackle as a part of a two-stop game in the home-opener against Davidson (Sept. 9) ... Had a career-high four tackles including his lone sack of the season in the road win at Chattanooga (Sept. 30) ... Blocked a kick in the home victory over ETSU (Oct. 14).

2016-17: Participated in spring drills ... Made his presence be felt early in WCU's annual Spring Game, recording five tackles including four tackles for loss including a pair of sacks.

Prior to Western Carolina: Transferred to WCU from Georgia Military College in Milledgeville, Ga., where he played for Burt Williams ... Played in 19 games over two seasons including nine a season ago ... Recorded 21 career tackles including 13 solo stops with two tackles for loss and a sack ... Was also credited with a forced and recovered fumble along with three pass break-ups ... Achieved academic distinction by making the Dean's List at GMC; At Harris County HS: Was listed as a two-star athlete out of high school by Scout.com ... High school head coach was Dwight Jones ... Also played basketball as a prep.

Personal: Full name is Jacquez Devante Williams ... Is the son of Shanton Holloway and Terrence Williams.

Courtesy WCU Athletics Media Relations
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Re: 25 DAYS !!

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Montana #25

Adam Eastwood - RB
RS Freshman
6'1", 215 lbs.
FBS Transfer ('18) - San Diego St.
Del Mar, CA
Cathedral Catholic HS

'17 Stats (@ SDSU):

(Redshirted)
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Re: 25 DAYS !!

Post by BDKJMU »

JMU’s #25 6th yr Gr Cardon Johnson. One of the best backs in the country IF he stays healthy. Season ending injuries 3 of last 4 seasons. Career 312 carries, 2088 yards, 6.7 yards per carry.
https://jmusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=14946
JMU play of the game vs UNC 2016:
phpBB [video]

2nd & 4th play of highlights vs ECU:
phpBB [video]
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
SeattleGriz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: PhxGriz

Re: RE: Re: 25 DAYS !!

Post by SeattleGriz »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:Montana #25

Adam Eastwood - RB
RS Freshman
6'1", 215 lbs.
FBS Transfer ('18) - San Diego St.
Del Mar, CA
Cathedral Catholic HS

'17 Stats (@ SDSU):

(Redshirted)
This kid looks like fun. Like that he's 215 and with our new FBs, I'm hoping to see some punishment dished out.
Everything is better with SeattleGriz