A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Political discussions
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Post by Col Hogan »

The nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to be the next Supreme Court justice is President Trump’s finest hour, his classiest move. Last week the president promised to select “someone with impeccable credentials, great intellect, unbiased judgment, and deep reverence for the laws and Constitution of the United States.” In picking Judge Kavanaugh, he has done just that.

In 2016, I strongly supported Hillary Clinton for president as well as President Barack Obama’s nominee for the Supreme Court, Judge Merrick Garland. But today, with the exception of the current justices and Judge Garland, it is hard to name anyone with judicial credentials as strong as those of Judge Kavanaugh. He sits on the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit (the most influential circuit court) and commands wide and deep respect among scholars, lawyers and jurists.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/09/opin ... &smtyp=cur

So, some liberals can put politics aside be patriotic, and look at the good of the country over party...I am impressed...

Too bad most on the left will now smear him...it’s already happening on Facebook...
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly
I am a fan of: Wiping.
A.K.A.: HE HATE ME

Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Post by andy7171 »

As I was looking at his family while he was being introduced, I thought to myself, why on earth wuld you accept this position, knowing full well that the opposition was going to destroy you and your family in the weeks and months to come.
"Elaine, you're from Baltimore, right?"
"Yes, well, Towson actually."
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

Col Hogan wrote:
The nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to be the next Supreme Court justice is President Trump’s finest hour, his classiest move. Last week the president promised to select “someone with impeccable credentials, great intellect, unbiased judgment, and deep reverence for the laws and Constitution of the United States.” In picking Judge Kavanaugh, he has done just that.

In 2016, I strongly supported Hillary Clinton for president as well as President Barack Obama’s nominee for the Supreme Court, Judge Merrick Garland. But today, with the exception of the current justices and Judge Garland, it is hard to name anyone with judicial credentials as strong as those of Judge Kavanaugh. He sits on the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit (the most influential circuit court) and commands wide and deep respect among scholars, lawyers and jurists.

So, some liberals can put politics aside be patriotic, and look at the good of the country over party...I am impressed...

Too bad most on the left will now smear him...it’s already happening on Facebook...
I think you have a point - it isn't Kavanagh's fault that he got the gig in exchange for a pardon for Kennedy's crooked son who is currently being investigated for laundering Russian mob money when he wasn't loaning tons of money to Trump because US banks wouldn't touch Trump. He'll just have to live with an asterisk by his name. Sad to have to be the legacy of a crooked judge, going to taint every word he writes. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

andy7171 wrote:As I was looking at his family while he was being introduced, I thought to myself, why on earth wuld you accept this position, knowing full well that the opposition was going to destroy you and your family in the weeks and months to come.

Let's just hope that he isn't as crooked as Kennedy.
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

houndawg wrote:
andy7171 wrote:As I was looking at his family while he was being introduced, I thought to myself, why on earth wuld you accept this position, knowing full well that the opposition was going to destroy you and your family in the weeks and months to come.

Let's just hope that he isn't as crooked as Kennedy.
Shocking, I don't give a fuck
AshevilleApp
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: ASU
A.K.A.: AshevilleApp2

Post by AshevilleApp »

Col Hogan wrote:

I agree, from everything I've seen he is qualified.

It was also really a shame when many conservatives couldn't put politics aside, look out for the good of the country over the party, and actually consider a nominee from Obama. Oh well, hopefully enough liberals will agree that Kavanaugh is qualified to avoid a protracted mess.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

AshevilleApp wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:

It was also really a shame when many conservatives couldn't put politics aside, look out for the good of the country over the party, and actually consider a nominee from Obama. Oh well, hopefully enough liberals will agree that Kavanaugh is qualified to avoid a protracted mess.

We can't have somebody who just publicly fellated the leader of our main adversary nominating judges. :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

houndawg wrote:
AshevilleApp wrote:

We can't have somebody who just publicly fellated the leader of our main adversary nominating judges. :coffee:
There’s one conservative in Congress with an understanding of the importance of the 4th Amendment. Kavanaugh certainly doesn’t appreciate it....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theatl ... le/565418/
UNI88
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: UNI

Re: RE: Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Post by UNI88 »

houndawg wrote:
AshevilleApp wrote:

Trump fellated Xi Jinping?
Being wrong about a topic is called post partisanism - kalm
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

houndawg wrote:
AshevilleApp wrote:

Hey Houndie, the 1980’s are calling....
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Re: RE: Re: A Liberal (Lawyer) View of Kavanaugh

Post by houndawg »

UNI88 wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Trump fellated Xi Jinping?
That was Kim Jong Un. :coffee:

Gotta know your Asians bro... :tothehand:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

andy7171 wrote:As I was looking at his family while he was being introduced,I thought to myself, why on earth wuld you accept this position, knowing full well that the opposition was going to destroy you and your family in the weeks and months to come.

I think you really meant "wouldn't".... :rofl:
andy7171
Firefly
Firefly

Post by andy7171 »

houndawg wrote:
andy7171 wrote:As I was looking at his family while he was being introduced,I thought to myself, why on earth wuld you accept this position, knowing full well that the opposition was going to destroy you and your family in the weeks and months to come.

I think you really meant "wouldn't".... :rofl:
LOL, just after contemplating how there are 57 states...
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

Cory Booker is going full Ted Kennedy on this Kavanaugh. :rofl:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote:Cory Booker is going full Ted Kennedy on this Kavanaugh. :rofl:

He's just the warmup act. :coffee:
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

houndawg wrote:

Plenty of hysterical Donks for this clown show. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I guess he feels like he’s been out of the camera eye too long since all those emotional confirmation hearings
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Ivytalk wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Plenty of hysterical Donks for this clown show. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

If I don't get Alex Jones Benghazi-level histrionics I'm going to feel cheated. I want go hear his mamas name...
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ivytalk »

Rand Paul has fallen into line. Confirmation probably guaranteed now.