SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: The Official "Making America Great Again" Thread

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote:
SDHornet wrote: So the answer is no. Thanks for playing. :thumb:
He would not have been doing anything to inhibit the activity if he'd stayed where he belongs and never run for President. He's not the reason for it. He's not the reason for the rate of GDP growth we have. He's not the reason for what the unemployment rate is right now. So on and so forth. America was great before he took office. And the idea that there has been any improvement in that regard since he took office is nonsense.
Not what I asked/stated.

One candidate went out of their way to state fossil fuel jobs would be replaced with green jobs. The candidate that won did not make such ridiculous claims.

Again, thanks for playing. :thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:
SDHornet wrote: So the answer is no. Thanks for playing. :thumb:
He would not have been doing anything to inhibit the activity if he'd stayed where he belongs and never run for President. He's not the reason for it. He's not the reason for the rate of GDP growth we have. He's not the reason for what the unemployment rate is right now. So on and so forth. America was great before he took office. And the idea that there has been any improvement in that regard since he took office is nonsense.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
houndawg wrote:
I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about your personal safety in times that are getting increasingly edgy - remember that the base doesn't know you agree with them and they're going to judge you by whose side you look like you're on. Keep that MAGA hat close and make sure you're wearing it if the crowd is all white.

Just sayin...:coffee:
I love how an independent thinking Brown guy triggers you into making pseudo racial violence threats. :lol: :dunce:

Speaking of violence, here are some of your neo-Marxist buddies getting knocked the **** out in Portland just last week. :lol: 8-)
phpBB [video]

...just an accurate description of the border situation right now...good luck to you and yours, bro, because right now little brown kids are worth $700/day/kid. That's a cool $20,000,000/year for Betsy deVos prison company and probably ten times that for Jeff Sessions' prison companies. :rofl: Want to bet on how many of those kids will still be in custody a year from now?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote: I love how an independent thinking Brown guy triggers you into making pseudo racial violence threats. :lol: :dunce:

Speaking of violence, here are some of your neo-Marxist buddies getting knocked the **** out in Portland just last week. :lol: 8-)
phpBB [video]

...just an accurate description of the border situation right now...good luck to you and yours, bro, because right now little brown kids are worth $700/day/kid. That's a cool $20,000,000/year for Betsy deVos prison company and probably ten times that for Jeff Sessions' prison companies. :rofl: Want to bet on how many of those kids will still be in custody a year from now?
Me and mine are legal, nice try though.

And what do the consequences of illegally crossing the border have to do with your neo-Marxist comrades getting their shit pushed in have to do with this? :? :rofl: 8-)
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
houndawg wrote:

Me and mine are legal, nice try though.

And what do the consequences of illegally crossing the border have to do with your neo-Marxist comrades getting their **** pushed in have to do with this? :? :rofl: 8-)
It may take them quite a while to ascertain that...especially at $700/day. :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

".....just a continuation of Obama..." :coffee:

houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Not what I asked/stated.

One candidate went out of their way to state fossil fuel jobs would be replaced with green jobs. The candidate that won did not make such ridiculous claims.

..you're claiming cause and effect? :?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CAA Flagship wrote:".....just a continuation of Obama..." :coffee:

:lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

BDKJMU wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Business sentiment at all time highs. Consumer confidence high and increasing.

Looks like most people/businesses don’t agree with you.
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
Not what I asked/stated.

I asked you if you thought the increase in oil production n the United States is because of Trump. There was nothing in the post to which I responded about the extent to which fossil fuel jobs would be replaced by Green jobs. Donald Trump is not the reason for anything going on with oil production in the United States. Donald Trump is not the reason for why the economy is relatively good right now. So on and so forth. The only thing Donald Trump is the reason for is the United States being the laughing stock of the planet.

America (the United States) is substantially "less great" right now than it was two years ago. And that's because we had a sufficient number of dumbasses in the electorate to end up in a situation where somebody like that is the President.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote:".....just a continuation of Obama..." :coffee:

:lol: :lol:
The point at which your line inflects upward at the end represents a date prior to the 2016 election. Also, in percent growth terms, 2013 was a better year than 2017.
Could I ever be a star?

kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:

Hell yes! It’s taken a decade but we’re back up to 2007 levels!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

Business sentiment highest in 45 years. :nod:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote: :lol: :lol:
The point at which your line inflects upward at the end represents a date prior to the 2016 election. Also, in percent growth terms, 2013 was a better year than 2017.
And in “percentage terms” there was ZERO growth between middle of 2015 and the election. Wanna lose this argument again? :coffee:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

AZGrizFan wrote:
kalm wrote:
The graphs I quickly looked at had the dot.com bubble a little higher. Regardless, does it make you a little nervous?
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

kalm wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
The graphs I quickly looked at had the dot.com bubble a little higher. Regardless, does it make you a little nervous?
What makes me nervous is the treasury curve. :shock: :shock:

Spread between 2-10 yr treasuries down to 18 basis points. An inverted yield curve has preceded every recession for the last 50 years....
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

AZGrizFan wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:
And in “percentage terms” there was ZERO growth between middle of 2015 and the election. Wanna lose this argument again? :coffee:
Yes things were pretty much flat not only from the middle of 2015 but earlier than that. In fact calendar year 2015 had a negative return (-2.23%). But when you look at the Dow over time this is not outside of normal variation. There was a 25.08 DJIA return in 2017 after there had been a 13.42% return in 2016. That's great.

But were you raving about what a great job Obama was doing when there was a 26.50% return in 2013 after a 7.26% return in 2012?

Also, there is still this problem: The upswing you're talking about started BEFORE election day 2016. Now, to be honest, there was another upward inflection around the end of 2017. But then it peaked in late January 2018 and things are down since then.
Could I ever be a star?

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
Yes things were pretty much flat not only from the middle of 2015 but earlier than that. In fact calendar year 2015 had a negative return (-2.23%). But when you look at the Dow over time this is not outside of normal variation. There was a 25.08 DJIA return in 2017 after there had been a 13.42% return in 2016. That's great.

But were you raving about what a great job Obama was doing when there was a 26.50% return in 2013 after a 7.26% return in 2012?

Also, there is still this problem: The upswing you're talking about started BEFORE election day 2016. Now, to be honest, there was another upward inflection around the end of 2017. But then it peaked in late January 2018 and things are down since then.
Yep, you loved Obama. Probably voted for him twice.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Not what I asked/stated.

..you're claiming cause and effect? :?
Not what I said, read it again...slower next time...
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Not what I asked/stated.

I asked you if you thought the increase in oil production n the United States is because of Trump. There was nothing in the post to which I responded about the extent to which fossil fuel jobs would be replaced by Green jobs. Donald Trump is not the reason for anything going on with oil production in the United States. Donald Trump is not the reason for why the economy is relatively good right now. So on and so forth. The only thing Donald Trump is the reason for is the United States being the laughing stock of the planet.

America (the United States) is substantially "less great" right now than it was two years ago. And that's because we had a sufficient number of dumbasses in the electorate to end up in a situation where somebody like that is the President.
My original response already addressed your long winded, reiteration of the same statement I responded to.

Thanks for playing. :coffee:
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

SDHornet wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:

My original response already addressed your long winded, reiteration of the same statement I responded to.

translation: I have nothing, still.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

houndawg wrote:
SDHornet wrote: My original response already addressed your long winded, reiteration of the same statement I responded to.

I have nothing, still.
Houndy, you've proven that time and time again on this board. But thanks for confirming what we already knew.
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I met a fascinating person today, and a great example of why many of us fight Trump's immigration policies. He's a 29 year-old male from Sri Lanka who lived in Tamil Tiger controlled territory. When the group was defeated, the Sri Lankan gov't rounded up his entire village and threw them into camps. Since he was the right age, and male, they accused him of being part of the organization. Feeling an arrest and false charges coming, he fled Sri Lanka and eventually made it to Mexico, after which he worked odd jobs and saved up enough money to get smuggled into the United States.

Border patrol caught him and he ended up being detained by the US gov't for 2 years until his asylum case was worked out, which it did. In the three years since being released, he moved from Texas to Georgia and now lives in DC working as a bouncer, lifeguard, and dishwasher. However he wants a more stable job and was absolutely fascinated by the construction site he saw today. He said he wanted a well-paying job that's not in an office environment, but light on educational requirements (which he says he can't afford). I told him the construction industry is a perfect fit and easy to get into, although you have to work your way up, work hard, and prove yourself. We exchanged info and it's now my personal mission to get this guy a job.

But his story is the America I love. It's not an America that closes itself from the world; it's an America that celebrates the human spirit and our shared love of freedom.
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

∞∞∞ wrote:I met a fascinating person today, and a great example of why many of us fight Trump's immigration policies. He's a 29 year-old male from Sri Lanka who lived in Tamil Tiger controlled territory. When the group was defeated, the Sri Lankan gov't rounded up his entire village and threw them into camps. Since he was the right age, and male, they accused him of being part of the organization. Feeling an arrest and false charges coming, he fled Sri Lanka and eventually made it to Mexico, after which he worked odd jobs and saved up enough money to get smuggled into the United States.

Border patrol caught him and he ended up being detained by the US gov't for 2 years until his asylum case was worked out, which it did. In the three years since being released, he moved from Texas to Georgia and now lives in DC working as a bouncer, lifeguard, and dishwasher. However he wants a more stable job and was absolutely fascinated by the construction site he saw today. He said he wanted a well-paying job that's not in an office environment, but light on educational requirements (which he says he can't afford). I told him the construction industry is a perfect fit and easy to get into, although you have to work your way up, work hard, and prove yourself. We exchanged info and it's now my personal mission to get this guy a job.

But his story is the America I love. It's not an America that closes itself from the world; it's an America that celebrates the human spirit and our shared love of freedom.
He's here legally now. You won't find too many people against that.
Yes it's the same person as the one that was here illegally, but that doesn't make it right to be here without permission.