Clinton e-mailgate

Political discussions

How big a problem is this for Hillary in '16?

Meh, not a big deal
13%
Moderate, along the lines of Christie's Bridgegate
8%
Huge
59%
Pee in GATW's butt
21%

Total votes: 39

houndawg
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: SIU
A.K.A.: houndawg

Re: Clinton e-mailgate

Post by houndawg »

JohnStOnge wrote:Ok FINALLY it looks like the FBI is going to soon get off the pot. I will hope that the Democrats can make lemonade out of this however it goes.

Best case scenario is the FBI does not recommend charges. If that happens there's ample opportunity to do the "there they go again" thing with the Republicans. Republicans have been burned over and over again by predicting all kinds of ominous things in terms of trouble for the Clintons and repeatedly ended up looking like they over reached. Fair or not that's what's happened and if the FBI does not recommend charges they'll be in that spot again. Many of them have sung the praises of the FBI director; saying he's a straight shooter etc. If the FBI does not recommend charges they won't be able to infer corruption on the part of the Justice Department.

Worst case is the FBI recommends charges and the Justice Department pursues that. Lynch says she'll follow the FBI recommendation. That could also be a "sliver lining" thing for the Democrats because right now they've got a candidate with a lot of baggage and negatives. I think it's the only reason Trump is competitive. If it happens and they parlay that into coming up with any reasonably decent nominee they have a chance to actually be in better position. If they can come up with any decent candidate at all that candidate should win just because the Republicans screwed up so badly in their nomination.

We'll see what happens.
Thats the question - are the Republicans that incompetent or are the Clinton's that smart? Which one do you want negotiating with Putin?
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Ok FINALLY it looks like the FBI is going to soon get off the pot. I will hope that the Democrats can make lemonade out of this however it goes.

Best case scenario is the FBI does not recommend charges. If that happens there's ample opportunity to do the "there they go again" thing with the Republicans. Republicans have been burned over and over again by predicting all kinds of ominous things in terms of trouble for the Clintons and repeatedly ended up looking like they over reached. Fair or not that's what's happened and if the FBI does not recommend charges they'll be in that spot again. Many of them have sung the praises of the FBI director; saying he's a straight shooter etc. If the FBI does not recommend charges they won't be able to infer corruption on the part of the Justice Department.

Worst case is the FBI recommends charges and the Justice Department pursues that. Lynch says she'll follow the FBI recommendation. That could also be a "sliver lining" thing for the Democrats because right now they've got a candidate with a lot of baggage and negatives. I think it's the only reason Trump is competitive. If it happens and they parlay that into coming up with any reasonably decent nominee they have a chance to actually be in better position. If they can come up with any decent candidate at all that candidate should win just because the Republicans screwed up so badly in their nomination.

We'll see what happens.
Thats the question - are the Republicans that incompetent or are the Clinton's that smart? Which one do you want negotiating with Putin?
Well since your girl Hillary already had a shot at it starting with the reset button-

Lavrov and Putin have already run circles around her because she tried to play nice (Dems thought all they had to do was show up with a rainbow or two) so I'd say a non-Democrat could do no worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal
I am a fan of: Appalachian

Post by Skjellyfetti »

CID1990 wrote: Lavrov and Putin have already run circles around her because she tried to play nice (Dems thought all they had to do was show up with a rainbow or two) so I'd say a non-Democrat could do no worse
And, when Bush gazed into Putin's eyes and found a trustworthy guy?

Putin and Lavrov have run circles around us for a couple of decades. Democrat and non-Democrat. It didn't start in 2009. :coffee:
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes"
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

Skjellyfetti wrote:
CID1990 wrote: Lavrov and Putin have already run circles around her because she tried to play nice (Dems thought all they had to do was show up with a rainbow or two) so I'd say a non-Democrat could do no worse

Putin and Lavrov have run circles around us for a couple of decades. Democrat and non-Democrat. It didn't start in 2009. :coffee:

If only we had it as good as the folks that live in Russia... :coffee:
The best way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of opinion but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - Noam Chomsky
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:

I didn't say they didn't-

But part of the whole campaign schtick in 2008 was that the Democrats would be sooooo much better at this foreign policy thing... that all they had to do was just show up and people would like us again.

Remember SMART POWER?

The reset button was an unforced error of epic proportions, and it culminated with Obama basically telling Medvedev to tell his boss that after the 2012 elections he'd have more freedom to do what he wanted.
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Re: RE: Re: Clinton e-mailgate

Post by DSUrocks07 »

Skjellyfetti wrote:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Was I blaming Bush? :?

Simply pointing out that Putin has schooled non-Democrats. He will school Trump, Hillary, Gary Johnson, and I can't even fathom how bad he would school Jill Stein. :lol:

But, you're right. It's verboten to criticize that last President. I'm sure all criticism of Obama will stop next January. :jack:
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Skjellyfetti wrote:Was I blaming Bush? :?

Simply pointing out that Putin has schooled non-Democrats. He will school Trump, Hillary, Gary Johnson, and I can't even fathom how bad he would school Jill Stein. :lol:

But, you're right. It's verboten to criticize that last President. I'm sure all criticism of Obama will stop next January. :jack:
Who are you kidding? Even OBAMA hasn't stopped criticizing the last president. 7 1/2 years in and NOTHING has been his fault.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
DSUrocks07
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Delaware State
A.K.A.: phillywild305

Post by DSUrocks07 »

Simply pointing out that Putin has schooled non-Democrats. He will school Trump, Hillary, Gary Johnson, and I can't even fathom how bad he would school Jill Stein. Image

That doesn't sound like "Hope and Change" to me :coffee:

MEAC, last one out turn off the lights.

@phillywild305 FB
houndawg
Level5
Level5

Post by houndawg »

DSUrocks07 wrote:

Simply pointing out that Putin has schooled non-Democrats. He will school Trump, Hillary, Gary Johnson, and I can't even fathom how bad he would school Jill Stein. Image

Sounds more like big dumb flatfoots that don't have the wits to keep up with a smart crook. They haven't laid a glove on her in decades of trying - they're just to damn dumb to be running the country. Hell, who would have believed that they possessed the capacity to fvck up a Presidency that was all but gift-wrapped? :coffee:

Stupid conk fvcks. :ohno:
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

houndawg wrote:
DSUrocks07 wrote:

Sounds more like big dumb flatfoots that don't have the wits to keep up with a smart crook. They haven't laid a glove on her in decades of trying - they're just to damn dumb to be running the country. Hell, who would have believed that they possessed the capacity to fvck up a Presidency that was all but gift-wrapped? :coffee:

I like how you can spin the final liberal dive into total banana republicry as a conservative failure.

But given that conservatives truly are supposed to be the adults in the room I tend to agree with you
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

CID1990 wrote:
houndawg wrote:

I like how you can spin the final liberal dive into total banana republicry as a conservative failure.

But given that conservatives truly are supposed to be the adults in the room I tend to agree with you
Well, with the GOP not functioning as an effective opposition party, the Dems are left to flounder on their own without proper bearings.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Skjellyfetti
Anal
Anal

Post by Skjellyfetti »

Pretty good explanation of why Clinton wasn't charged in the IG report. I thought she should have been charged with obstruction at the very least - but, this is a pretty good argument and I'm swayed.
As summarized below, the Midyear prosecutors concluded that there was not a basis to prosecute former Secretary Clinton, her senior aides, or others under any of these statutes. The prosecutors cited the following factual conclusions from the investigation as critical to its recommendation not to prosecute:

None of the emails contained clear classification markings as required under Executive Order 13526 and its predecessor. Only three email chains contained any classification markings of any kind. These email chains had one or two para
graphs that were marked “(C)” for “Confidential” but contained none of the other required markings
, such as classification headers.

There was no evidence that the senders or former Secretary Clinton believed or were aware at the time that the emails contained classified information. In the absence of clear classification markings, the prosecutors determined that it would be difficult to dispute the sincerity of these witnesses

stated beliefs that the material was not classified.

The senders and former Secretary Clinton relied on the judgment of employees experienced in protecting sensitive information to properly handle classified information.

The emails in question were sent to other government officials in furtherance of the senders

official duties. There was no evidence that the senders or former Secretary Clinton intended that classified information be sent to unauthorized recipients, or that they intentionally sought to store classified information on unauthorized systems.

There was no evidence that former Secretary Clinton had any contemporaneous concerns about the classified status of the information that was conveyed on her unclassified systems, nor any evidence that any individual ever contemporaneously conveyed such concerns to her.

Although some witnesses expressed concern or surprise when they saw some of the classified content in unclassified emails, the prosecutors concluded that the investigation did not reveal evidence that any U.S. government employees involved in the SAP willfully communicated the information to a person not entitled to receive it, or willfully retained the same.

The senders used unclassified emails beca
use of “operational tempo,”
that is, the need to get information quickly to senior State Department officials at times when the recipients lacked access to classified systems. To accomplish this, senders often refrained from using specific classified facts or terms in emails and worded emails carefully in an attempt to avoid transmitting classified information.

There was no evidence that Clinton set up her servers or private email account with the intent of communicating or retaining classified information, or that she had knowledge that classified information would be communicated or retained on it.

In addition to these facts as described by the prosecutors, various witnesses told us that one reason it was difficult to establish intent was that the mishandling of
classified information was a persistent practice at the State Department. These practices made it difficult for the Midyear team to conclude that particular individuals had the necessary criminal intent to mishandle classified materials.
According to Prosecutor 4, “
[T]he problem was the State Department was so screwed up in the way they treated classified information that if you wanted to prosecute Hillary Clinton, you would have had to prosecute 150 State Department
people.”
Based on facts evincing a lack of intent to communicate classified information on unclassified systems, the prosecutors concluded that there was no basis to recommend prosecution of former Secretary Clinton or the senders of classified information under Sections 793(d) or (e). In addition, as described in Chapter Two, prosecutors reviewed the legislative history of the gross negligence provision in Section 793(f)(1) and court decisions impacting the interpretation of it. The prosecutors noted that the congressional debate at the time the predecessor to Section 793(f)(1) was passed indicated that conduct charged under the
provision must be “so gross as to almost suggest deliberate intention,” criminally reckless, or “something that falls just a little short of being willful.”

The prosecutors also reviewed military and federal court cases and previous prosecutions under Section 793(f)(1), and concluded that they involved either a defendant who knowingly removed classified information from a secure facility, or inadvertently removed classified information from a secure facility
and, upon learning this, failed to report its “loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction.”
In addition, based on a review of constitutional vagueness challenges of Sections 793(d) and (e), the Midyear prosecutors observed
that “the government would very
likely face a colorable constitutional challenge to the statute if it prosecuted an individual for gross negligence who was both unaware he had removed classified
information at the time of the removal and never became aware he had done so.”

The prosecutors concluded that based on case law and the Department’s
prior interpretation of the statute, charging a violation of Section 793(f) likely required evidence that the individuals who sent emails containing classified
information “knowingly” included the classified information or transferred classified
information onto unclassified systems (Section 793(f)(1)), or learned that classified information had been transferred to unclassified systems and failed to report it (Section 793(f)(2)). Applying this interpretation, the prosecutors concluded that there was no evidence that the senders of emails knew that classified information had been improperly transferred to an unclassified system, or that former Secretary Clinton acted in a grossly negligent manner with respect to receiving emails determined to contain classified information. According to information reviewed by the OIG, the prosecutors also considered whether the decision to conduct official business using a personal server could itself constitute gross negligence, but concluded that there was no evidence that former Secretary Clinton ever considered the possibility that classified information would be present in unclassified emails or on her private email server.

Distinguishing military prosecutions
for “grossly negligent” mishandling
, the prosecutors also noted that there was no evidence that classified emails were provided to or discovered by people who were unauthorized to receive them. The prosecutors
stated, “[A]ll of the emails containing information subsequently
determined to be classified were sent for work purposes and were delivered to
State Department or other U.S. government officials.”
Regarding Section 1924, the prosecutors stated that the statute requires proof that an individual knew of the removal of classified information and intended to retain that information in an unauthorized location, and that such proof was lacking. The prosecutors cited the absence of classification markings on the emails sent by the senders, with the exception of the three emails forwarded to Clinton containing paragraph markings denoting Confidential information, as well as the lack of evidence that the senders knowingly took classified information and sent it in unmarked emails over unclassified systems. The prosecutors similarly concluded that former Secretary Clinton did not recognize or have reason to believe that the information sent to her contained classified information. Prosecutors cited Clinton

s reliance on the judgment of senior aides and other State Department staff, their attempts to talk around sensitive information in unclassified emails, and her testimony that she did not have reason to question their use of unclassified systems to send that information. The prosecutors concluded that the evidence was insufficient to charge former Secretary Clinton under Section 1924. The prosecutors also concluded that there was insufficient evidence to support prosecution under 18 U.S.C. § 2071, which prohibits the willful concealment, removal, or destruction of federal records. They concluded that there was insufficient evidence to establish beyond a reasonable doubt that former Secretary Clinton or her senior aides intended to conceal records, citing testimony that these witnesses expected that any emails sent to a state.gov address would be preserved. The prosecutors acknowledged that this testimony was undercut by former Secretary Clinton

s admission that she sometimes communicated with her senior aides using their personal email accounts, as well as an email she received from former Secretary of State Colin Powell at the beginning of her tenure outlining his use of personal email. However, the prosecutors noted that Section 2071 had
“never been used to prosecute individuals for attempting to avoid Federal Records
Act requirements by failing to ensure that government records are filed
appropriately.”
Finally, the prosecutors evaluated whether Mills and Samuelson intentionally deleted emails during the culling process used to separate former Secretary Clinton’s “personal” and “work-related” emails for production to the State Department. They concluded that there was no evidence that emails intentionally were deleted by former Secretary Clinton’s lawyers to conceal the presence of classified information on former Secretary Clinton’s server, particularly because some of the emails produced as “work-related” later were determined to contain
highly classified, compartmented information.
He goes on to analyze their decision on page 260 and agrees with their conclusions. It's pretty long and the formatting is hard to copy and paste.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3818065 ... estigation
- Richard Burr, (R-NC)
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

The bottom line of the IG report appears to be that, though there was some questionable individual behavior, there is no evidence that the FBI or the Justice Department acted in a biased manner.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

JohnStOnge wrote:The bottom line of the IG report appears to be that, though there was some questionable individual behavior, there is no evidence that the FBI or the Justice Department acted in a biased manner.
Wrong bottom line since it's missing the specific language (which matters in the legalese), read the first 3 pages of the executive summary jelly linked above to get the exact language. This is from page iii (PDF pg 4):
There were clearly tensions and disagreements in a number of important areas between Midyear agents and prosecutors. However, we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that improper considerations, including political bias, directly affected the specific investigative decisions we reviewed in Chapter Five, or that the justifications offered for these decisions were pretextual.

Nonetheless, these messages cast a cloud over the FBI’s handling of the Midyear investigation and the investigation’s credibility. But our review did not find evidence to connect the political views expressed in these messages to the specific investigative decisions that we reviewed; rather, consistent with the analytic approach described above, we found that these specific decisions were the result of discretionary judgments made during the course of an investigation by the Midyear agents and prosecutors and that these judgment calls were not unreasonable. The broader impact of these text and instant messages, including on such matters as the public perception of the FBI and the Midyear investigation, are discussed in Chapter Twelve of our report.
In summary:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/stat ... 1101582336

Hey you dumb cunt, I guarantee you gmail has better security than your in-home email server. And there probably wasn't even classified information like that was in your emails. :lol:
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Pwns wrote:https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/stat ... 1101582336

Hey you dumb cunt, I guarantee you gmail has better security than your in-home email server. And there probably wasn't even classified information like that was in your emails. :lol:
That’s the thing-

Comey gets tagged by the IG for using his gmail for official business.

The only rule you can run afoul of there (assuming you don’t transmit classified info) are Federal records rules... because those aren’t your emails... they belong to the public.

But it is hardly wha5 the issue was with Clinton, she knows it, but panning the false narrative is all she has
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

New FBI logo...

“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

Everybody expected Clinton to win

Including the FBI- it was the safe bet

Look at ALL of this through that lens...

If Clinton HAD won, a lot of these agents would have been sending their own archived texts to the AG (who would still be Lynch) if they were negatively scrutinized as a result of their work on the email scandal

It happens at every agency in the executive branch too - every time the keys change hands

"Look! I'm loyal!"

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

CID1990 wrote:Everybody expected Clinton to win

Including the FBI- it was the safe bet

Look at ALL of this through that lens...

If Clinton HAD won, a lot of these agents would have been sending their own archived texts to the AG (who would still be Lynch) if they were negatively scrutinized as a result of their work on the email scandal

It happens at every agency in the executive branch too - every time the keys change hands

"Look! I'm loyal!"

Best part was Comey made his July announcement because he wanted to absolve hillary of the whole email situation before she became president...then Comey reopened the investigation and made the late October announcement because he didn't want it to look like the FBI was withholding info, and besides, hillary was up in the polls and was going to win anyways....

...then Trump wins....whoops. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now we have all this stuff coming to light (and whatever else might trickle out) heading into the midterm.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Pwns
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Georgia Friggin' Southern
A.K.A.: FCS_pwns_FBS (AGS)

Post by Pwns »

When Trump won I think there was a lot of people in both Trump's campaign and the FBI that said "oh shit". The shady people in Trump's team probably thought they were gonna get boat-raced and they wouldn't be looked at under microscopes, and the latter knew with Hillary as president everything the FBI did would be masterfully swept under the rug.
Celebrate Diversity.*
*of appearance only. Restrictions apply.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

I didn't. I was hopeful, but I didn't think it was a lock by any means. If you want I can link the post I made the night before the election expressing that sentiment. I was VERY concerned that Trump could win.

Now, I do think that at the point just before Comey dropped his Weiner bomb 11 days before the election her chances looked better.

I've said it before but to me the perceptions surrounding that election are interesting. I can remember that when Romney was running against Obama there was belief that Romney had a chance. I think the perception of Clinton as a lock exceeded the perception of Obama as a lock over Romney.

But when you look at the actual polling data it was clear that there was a LOT more confidence in Obama beating Romney than there was in Clinton beating Trump. I can remember that the 538 forecast just before the election reflected 90% confidence that Obama was going to win. That's quite at the Gold Standard as far as confidence levels go. The Gold Standard is 95% confidence. But 90% confidence is acceptable sometimes.

I don't remember the 538 forecast showing more than in the low 80%s confidence range for Clinton beating Trump. Just before election it was 71%. There is no WAY anybody who understands what confidence levels mean would say anything other than "too close to call" in a situation like that.

I think what was happening is that pundits looked at what an atrocity Trump is and just couldn't believe enough people would vote for him to allow him to win.
Could I ever be a star?

CID1990
Level5
Level5

Post by CID1990 »

JohnStOnge wrote:
I didn't. I was hopeful, but I didn't think it was a lock by any means. If you want I can link the post I made the night before the election expressing that sentiment. I was VERY concerned that Trump could win.

Now, I do think that at the point just before Comey dropped his Weiner bomb 11 days before the election her chances looked better.

I've said it before but to me the perceptions surrounding that election are interesting. I can remember that when Romney was running against Obama there was belief that Romney had a chance. I think the perception of Clinton as a lock exceeded the perception of Obama as a lock over Romney.

But when you look at the actual polling data it was clear that there was a LOT more confidence in Obama beating Romney than there was in Clinton beating Trump. I can remember that the 538 forecast just before the election reflected 90% confidence that Obama was going to win. That's quite at the Gold Standard as far as confidence levels go. The Gold Standard is 95% confidence. But 90% confidence is acceptable sometimes.

I don't remember the 538 forecast showing more than in the low 80%s confidence range for Clinton beating Trump. Just before election it was 71%. There is no WAY anybody who understands what confidence levels mean would say anything other than "too close to call" in a situation like that.

I think what was happening is that pundits looked at what an atrocity Trump is and just couldn't believe enough people would vote for him to allow him to win.
John, I’m going to help you out here -

“Everybody thought Hillary was going to win” is a generalization... another way of saying “conventional wisdom was that Hillary was going to win”

But we all know what you think... your brain is laid out before us in the form of gigabytes of Internet forum sputum

But ok... thanks for weighing in
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Comey to the Krauts:
Comey: Hillary Clinton Still Doesn’t Understand Why She Was Under FBI Investigation
https://ntknetwork.com/comey-hillary-cl ... stigation/
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Post by JohnStOnge »

SDHornet wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:The bottom line of the IG report appears to be that, though there was some questionable individual behavior, there is no evidence that the FBI or the Justice Department acted in a biased manner.
Wrong bottom line since it's missing the specific language (which matters in the legalese), read the first 3 pages of the executive summary jelly linked above to get the exact language. This is from page iii (PDF pg 4):
There were clearly tensions and disagreements in a number of important areas between Midyear agents and prosecutors. However, we did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that improper considerations, including political bias, directly affected the specific investigative decisions we reviewed in Chapter Five, or that the justifications offered for these decisions were pretextual.

Nonetheless, these messages cast a cloud over the FBI’s handling of the Midyear investigation and the investigation’s credibility. But our review did not find evidence to connect the political views expressed in these messages to the specific investigative decisions that we reviewed; rather, consistent with the analytic approach described above, we found that these specific decisions were the result of discretionary judgments made during the course of an investigation by the Midyear agents and prosecutors and that these judgment calls were not unreasonable. The broader impact of these text and instant messages, including on such matters as the public perception of the FBI and the Midyear investigation, are discussed in Chapter Twelve of our report.
In summary:
You know, I heard Rush Limbaugh making that same argument about "documentary." The problem is that the report said there was no documentary OR testimonial evidence. If you do what that woman did and act like the report just said "documentary" you are being intellectually dishonest. And I'm afraid the conservative side has been doing that sort of thing with disturbing frequency lately.
Could I ever be a star?