New York files suit against President Trump, alleging his charity engaged in ‘illegal conduct’

Political discussions
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Northern Arizona
A.K.A.: He/Him

New York files suit against President Trump, alleging his charity engaged in ‘illegal conduct’

Post by dbackjon »

Lock the entire Trump Crime Organization up.

Siphoning donations to his charity to his campaign, to pay legal bills, using millions donated for Vets for personal use...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... c4bfd61f77

The New York attorney general filed suit against President Trump and his three eldest children Thursday, alleging “persistently illegal conduct” at the president’s personal charity, saying Trump repeatedly misused the nonprofit — to pay off his businesses’ creditors, to decorate one of his golf clubs and to stage a multimillion-dollar giveaway at his 2016 campaign events.

In the suit, filed Thursday morning, attorney general Barbara Underwood asked a state judge to dissolve the Donald J. Trump Foundation. She asked that its remaining $1 million in assets be distributed to other charities and that Trump be forced to pay at least $2.8 million in restitution and penalties.

Underwood said that oversight of spending at Trump’s foundation was so loose that its board of directors hadn’t met in 19 years, and its official treasurer wasn’t even aware he was on the board.
:thumb:
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: New York files suit against President Trump, alleging his charity engaged in ‘illegal conduct’

Post by dbackjon »

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Re: New York files suit against President Trump, alleging his charity engaged in ‘illegal conduct’

Post by ∞∞∞ »

In addition, in 2012, a Trump golf club agreed to pay $158,000 to settle a lawsuit with a man who was denied a $1 million hole-in-one prize during a tournament at the club. The Trump Foundation paid the money instead of the club, Underwood said.
I looked this up and it gets worse:
The contest's rules stipulated that the shot had to travel at least 150 yards, and according to The Post, tournament organizers had set up the tee short of the mark.
http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/donal ... eport-says

1. Golfer makes hole-in-one during contest.
2. Trump organization says tee, which they set up, is short of the mark. They tell golfer to pound dirt.
3. Golfer sues.
4. Trump/golfer settle for way less ($158K).
5. Trump pays out of "charitable" Trump Foundation.

:lol:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

^
That is fucking awesome!

The tee was short on purpose. :lol:
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote:Lock the entire Trump Crime Organization up.

Siphoning donations to his charity to his campaign, to pay legal bills, using millions donated for Vets for personal use...

The New York attorney general filed suit against President Trump and his three eldest children Thursday, alleging “persistently illegal conduct” at the president’s personal charity, saying Trump repeatedly misused the nonprofit — to pay off his businesses’ creditors, to decorate one of his golf clubs and to stage a multimillion-dollar giveaway at his 2016 campaign events.

In the suit, filed Thursday morning, attorney general Barbara Underwood asked a state judge to dissolve the Donald J. Trump Foundation. She asked that its remaining $1 million in assets be distributed to other charities and that Trump be forced to pay at least $2.8 million in restitution and penalties.

Underwood said that oversight of spending at Trump’s foundation was so loose that its board of directors hadn’t met in 19 years, and its official treasurer wasn’t even aware he was on the board.
Listen here, Mr. "Everyone against me is a traitor and un-American", where the fuck is your respect for due process? :ohno:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

∞∞∞ wrote:
In addition, in 2012, a Trump golf club agreed to pay $158,000 to settle a lawsuit with a man who was denied a $1 million hole-in-one prize during a tournament at the club. The Trump Foundation paid the money instead of the club, Underwood said.
I looked this up and it gets worse:
The contest's rules stipulated that the shot had to travel at least 150 yards, and according to The Post, tournament organizers had set up the tee short of the mark.
http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/donal ... eport-says

1. Golfer makes hole-in-one during contest.
2. Trump organization says tee, which they set up, is short of the mark. They tell golfer to pound dirt.
3. Golfer sues.
4. Trump/golfer settle for way less ($158K).
5. Trump pays out of "charitable" Trump Foundation.

:lol:
I wasn't there and never heard this story before, but your list of 1-5 is some shitty reporting there Tripp. NYT says golfer was playing in a charity event. That means the charity either paid for, or had somebody donate a Hole-in-One insurance policy for $1M (they cost a couple hundred bucks). The policies all have stipulations on yardage. The longer the distance, the cheaper the premium. Whomever set up the tees fucked up, no doubt. That's probably why he sued the club (also because the club and Trump have the money). So it wasn't really the Trump course offering the $1M.

Just thought you'd like some insight on more of the story... from SIX years ago. :lol:
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:^
That is fucking awesome!

Read my response to Trip. More likely a fuck up and the insurance company caught them on a technicality.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Jack Kerouac
A.K.A.: El Cid

Post by CitadelGrad »

I'll get bent out of shape about Trump just as soon as Hillary, Obama, Comey, McCabe, Lerner, Holder and many others are in prison.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

- Thomas Jefferson, in letter to William S. Smith, 1787

93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

89Hen wrote:
93henfan wrote:^
That is fucking awesome!

Read my response to Trip. More likely a fuck up and the insurance company caught them on a technicality.
Trip’s version is funnier, and this website is about the funny.

I choose Trip’s flawed version over your reasoned one.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 89Hen »

93henfan wrote:
89Hen wrote: Read my response to Trip. More likely a fuck up and the insurance company caught them on a technicality.
this website is about the funny
That's for damn sure. 8-)
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

CitadelGrad wrote:I'll get bent out of shape about Trump just as soon as Hillary, Obama, Comey, McCabe, Lerner, Holder and many others are in prison.
:nod: :nod:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Ibanez wrote:
dbackjon wrote:Lock the entire Trump Crime Organization up.

Listen here, Mr. "Everyone against me is a traitor and un-American", where the fuck is your respect for due process? :ohno:

You mean the same due process given to "Lock her up" Clinton? Little late for respect for the law now, isn't.

Yes, they should get due process. Remember who started the "Lockthemup" chants.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

CitadelGrad wrote:I'll get bent out of shape about Trump just as soon as Hillary, Obama, Comey, McCabe, Lerner, Holder and many others are in prison.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CitadalGrad - supporting traitors all his life.
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

dbackjon wrote:

A traitor is one who commits treason. Treason has a very narrow and specific definition.

Exactly how have I supported treason?
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

dbackjon wrote:

Did you start the thread about Hillary's illegal conduct in her charity? :coffee:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote:
Ibanez wrote: Listen here, Mr. "Everyone against me is a traitor and un-American", where the fuck is your respect for due process? :ohno:

You mean the same due process given to "Lock her up" Clinton? Little late for respect for the law now, isn't.

I said it then too.

But, You should be better than that. You just admitted that you can be no better than those you despise. Congrats.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

AZGrizFan wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

Did you start the thread about Hillary's illegal conduct in her charity? :coffee:

You mean the one that has been investigated and found to be operating within the law, and actually doing what a foundation should be?

But that doesn't fit your extremist right-wing narrative, parroting the lies that your fuhrer told.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

CitadelGrad wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

A traitor is one who commits treason. Treason has a very narrow and specific definition.

You are a staunch fan of the Confederate traitors. And now TreasonTrump.
dbackjon
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by dbackjon »

Ibanez wrote:
dbackjon wrote:

I said it then too.

But, You should be better than that. You just admitted that you can be no better than those you despise. Congrats.

I am far better than Trump. Going low is the American way, we are finding out.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

You Trump Zombies need to wake up. Trump is corrupt. He is way more corrupt than Hillary Clinton ever was. And you've got your heads up his rectum.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
CID1990
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Pie
A.K.A.: CID 1990

Post by CID1990 »

I'm glad to see Jon has come around on the problem with charitable organizations being used as slush funds
"You however, are an insufferable ankle biting mental chihuahua..." - Clizzoris
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

dbackjon wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:

You mean the one that has been investigated and found to be operating within the law, and actually doing what a foundation should be?

But that doesn't fit your extremist right-wing narrative, parroting the lies that your fuhrer told.
Less than 7% of the Clinton Crime Family Foundation's donations go to charitable causes. They fund private planes, weddings, expensive NYC apartments, etc. for the Clinton crime family.

Of course, not all of the donations were actually donated. Haiti didn't make a donation, but their money sure as hell ended up with the Clintons.

You might also want to question the inflow of money from Russia after the Uranium One deal.

Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

dbackjon wrote:
Ibanez wrote: I said it then too.

I am far better than Trump. Going low is the American way, we are finding out.
Well it’s not difficult being better than Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CitadelGrad
Level4
Level4

Post by CitadelGrad »

dbackjon wrote:
CitadelGrad wrote:

You are a staunch fan of the Confederate traitors. And now TreasonTrump.
The Glorious Confederacy was not guilty of treason. They simply left the United States, as was their right. The Glorious Confederacy is guilty only of defending their homes against an illegal war initiated by Tyrant Lincoln.

Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

JohnStOnge wrote:You Trump Zombies need to wake up. Trump is corrupt. He is way more corrupt than Hillary Clinton ever was. And you've got your heads up his rectum.
Glad to see that you and dback have joined forces, JSO. :lol:
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.