Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Re: Tesla does it again... scores 103 out of 100

Post by GannonFan »

Ibanez wrote:
CID1990 wrote:
This is why I can't understand why they named it the Volt.

I mean, if Tesla can figure out they shouldnt name the Tesla 3 the "Tesla E" (because the model lineup would spell S E X) then you'd think Chevy wouldn't tee up Volt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe that's Musk's way of telling us he's screwing us.

Also, Chevy Nova

CC to BDK - I know the Nova sold well and the legend of it selling poorly in Spanish speaking countries is bunk.
They didn't sell the Nova's as that name in Spanish speaking countries though, correct? I thought it they sold it under various names through the years.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

houndawg wrote:
93henfan wrote:
BDK drives a Chevy Dolt.
Only because they named it after him.
Hardy har har. You're so hilarious.. :roll:
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Ok I tried looking for whether this was posted already. If it is it is. If it's not here it is:

https://247wallst.com/autos/2018/03/28/ ... stigation/

After citing comments by Moody's researchers, the article's author opined:
At its core, the comments question whether Tesla’s basic business plan is so flawed that it threatens the company’s ability to be successful at all. If it is not the worst sort of news Tesla could get, it is close.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Video Shows Tesla On Autopilot Nearly Crashing On Hwy 101

"MOUNTAIN VIEW (KPIX 5) — New video shows Tesla’s autopilot feature failing at the same location where a Tesla driver crashed and died just a couple weeks ago in Mountain View.

The autopilot feature appears to have a fatal flaw.

Driver Shantanu Joshi was commuting on Highway 101 near Highway 85 and testing out what his Tesla would do on autopilot.

“I low key freaked out, but the car definitely starts swerving left without giving me any warnings, right into that divider,” Joshi said.

A video of the incident shows the Tesla begins to veer to the left, straight into the divider, and the car never gives the driver any warnings.

When the video is slowed down, you can see parts of the white lanes are faded and the car seems to think the left side of the lane — is the right.

Fred Barez is a professor of mechanical engineering at San Jose State University.

He said, “The lanes are not marked clearly on the road, so the camera attached to the Tesla vehicle is having a difficult time.”

Barez is building his own autonomous vehicles with students. He says lanes that aren’t clearly visible can be a challenge for Tesla’s autopilot feature.

Barez said, “Tesla believes in having eight cameras all around the vehicle and they monitor the presence of the lanes on the road.”

On its website, Tesla says it’s now also using a dozen updated ultrasonic sensors “allowing for detection of objects at nearly twice the distance of the prior system.”

The company also advises its customers to keep their hands on the wheels, and to pay attention.

Barez said, “I believe the Tesla is still pretty safe. It’s just a matter of the driver having to take responsibility as well.”

The driver in the deadly crash, according to Tesla, did not take control of the wheel despite warnings.

In his video Joshi grabs the wheel seconds before his Tesla would’ve slammed into the median:

A couple years ago, Tesla CEO Elon Musk told reporters that California needed better lane markings, because it was confusing his cars’ autopilot feature.

Tesla did not immediately respond to KPIX 5’s request for comment on Joshi’s video."
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/0 ... n-hwy-101/
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

I saw my first Tesla Model 3 on the way to work this morning. I want Tesla to do well, but it was a mess.

The panel gaps were inconsistent, panel and trim alignments were inconsistent, and the back lights flickered when the driver braked. I can't believe the owner accepted delivery 'cause the manufacturing mistakes are immediately noticeable.

I hope it was a super early production model and quality control was subsequently tightened, but even then, I'm stunned Tesla personnel allowed it out of the factory looking the way it did (considering the Model S and Model X seem to be well-built on the outside).
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

∞∞∞ wrote:I saw my first Tesla Model 3 on the way to work this morning. I want Tesla to do well, but it was a mess.

The panel gaps were inconsistent, panel and trim alignments were inconsistent, and the back lights flickered when the driver braked. I can't believe the owner accepted delivery 'cause the manufacturing mistakes are immediately noticeable.

I hope it was a super early production model and quality control was subsequently tightened, but even then, I'm stunned Tesla personnel allowed it out of the factory looking the way it did (considering the Model S and Model X seem to be well-built on the outside).
Wowzers. Thanks for the report.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:I saw my first Tesla Model 3 on the way to work this morning. I want Tesla to do well, but it was a mess.

:rofl:
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:

I was being serious there. Hard to believe, I know.

I had posted an article a few weeks ago about how bad things are going for Tesla 3 production and parts quality. Trip seemed to be confirming that.

If true, that will be a killer for Tesla, especially with their car for the unwashed masses.

Hey, a Corolla may suck, but at least it's a very well-made appliance. That's why Toyota has been in the US for 60 years or so.
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

93henfan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

I had posted an article a few weeks ago about how bad things are going for Tesla 3 production and parts quality. Trip seemed to be confirming that.

If true, that will be a killer for Tesla, especially with their car for the unwashed masses.

Hey, a Corolla may suck, but at least it's a very well-made appliance. That's why Toyota has been in the US for 60 years or so.
The things that are "wrong" with the Model 3 are none of the things listed in that ridiculous post

:lol:

It's nice to see people get enthusiastic about the demise of Tesla
BTW: I saw Oprah Winfrey naked the other day and she has 3 tits...
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:

The things that are "wrong" with the Model 3 are none of the things listed in that ridiculous post

What? I'm pretty sure Trip and I would both like to see Tesla succeed. :?

Now, the mandating of what kind of car I can drive, or if I can even drive my own car.... well, there we start to diverge. I think Trip is pretty much cool with taking individuals completely out of the picture and letting machines and the Gubmint take over.
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

Chizzang wrote:
93henfan wrote:

:suspicious: :? What was ridiculous about that post.

BTW, saw three brand new (temp tags) S series yesterday and today. Not sure why the sudden resurgence of new ones around here.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

Post by Ibanez »

93henfan wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Aaaaannddd...Model 3 production has been shut down - but apparently to resolve some issues. They are 500 cars/week shy of their production goals.

I saw a Roadster on Sunday with a custom, paint job(two tone, metallic paint), tricked out rims, sound system and missing a bumper. :lol:
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Musk's conduct, Tesla stock slide make $700 million profit for short-sellers

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Short-sellers who had targeted Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) logged a $700 million paper profit on Thursday after the stock fell nearly 9 percent a day after Chief Executive Elon Musk stunned analysts by dodging “boring” questions about the electric car maker’s financial outlook.

The windfall wiped out short-sellers’ 2018 losses on Tesla, the biggest U.S. equity short, bringing year-to-date paper profits to $683 million, said Ihor Dusaniwsky, head of research at financial analytics firm S3 Partners.

Short-sellers aim to profit by selling borrowed shares with the hope of buying them back later at a lower price.

Tesla’s shares and bonds slid on Thursday as investors took Musk to task for cutting off analysts’ questions and grappled with concerns over Tesla’s ability to raise money in the future.

In a bizarre conference call, the iconoclastic CEO described questions about Tesla’s capital requirements as “boring” after Tesla, which also makes solar technology, reported a record loss of $709.6 million, or $4.19 per share, in the first quarter ended March 31.

“Don’t let Musk’s conference call theatrics fool you. He did not want investors to focus on his rapidly deteriorating finances,” prominent short-seller Jim Chanos of Kynikos Associates LP told Reuters in an email.

“Tesla’s quick ratio dropped to 0.38 and their (Altman) z-score is approaching 1.0,” Chanos said.

The so-called quick ratio is a commonly used indicator of short-term liquidity, while an Altman z-score is a combination of weighted business ratios that is used to estimate the likelihood of financial distress.

“Both are indicative of a company in financial distress,” said Chanos.

Chanos told Reuters in November he continued to add to his short position in Tesla throughout 2017.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-tesl ... SKBN1I420C
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by GrizFanStuckInUtah »

My brother has a friend that has a Tesla and it crashed on autopilot, now there is another one here in Utah that crashed.
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — The driver of a Tesla electric car had the vehicle's semi-autonomous Autopilot mode engaged when she slammed into the back of a Utah fire truck over the weekend, in the latest crash involving a car with self-driving features.
https://www.ksl.com/?nid=157&sid=46320103

:ohno:
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
-Thank you to all our Veterans. :bow:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

"Tesla Model 3 Falls Short of a CR Recommendation
Despite record range and agile handling, issues with braking, controls, and ride quality hurt the Model 3’s Overall Score

........Our testers also found flaws—big flaws—such as long stopping distances in our emergency braking test and difficult-to-use controls.

These problems keep the Model 3 from earning a Consumer Reports recommendation.

The Tesla’s stopping distance of 152 feet from 60 mph was far worse than any contemporary car we’ve tested and about 7 feet longer than the stopping distance of a Ford F-150 full-sized pickup.

A Tesla spokesperson told CR that the company’s own testing found stopping distances from 60 to 0 mph were an average of 133 feet, with the same tires as our Model 3. The automaker noted that stopping-distance results are affected by variables such as road surface, weather conditions, tire temperature, brake conditioning, outside temperature, and past driving behavior that may have affected the brake system......."
https://www.consumerreports.org/hybrids ... mendation/
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tesla ... 2018-08-02
Investors who are betting that Tesla Inc. shares are poised for a fall were sitting on a more than $1 billion paper loss Thursday, after the stock rallied more than 12% following its latest quarterly earnings.

Tesla short sellers were down more than $1.1 billion in mark-to-market losses on the 35.1 million Tesla shares that they have shorted, according to S3 Partners LLC, a company that has access to and tracks real-time short interest data. Short sellers take a view on a stock that it will fall in price. They then borrow the shares so they can sell them, hoping they can later scoop them up at a lower price, return them to the original lender and pocket the difference.
:lol: :lol:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
HI54UNI
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Firing Mark Farley
A.K.A.: Bikinis for JSO

Post by HI54UNI »

Musk trolling the shorts. :lol:

Dang, turns out even Hitler was shorting Tesla stock … https://t.co/RLM1VQ5O3K
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) August 5, 2018

phpBB [video]
If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. Ronald Reagan, 1975.

Progressivism is cancer

All my posts are satire
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

HI54UNI wrote:Musk trolling the shorts. :lol:

phpBB [video]

The Montana - EWU one is still the best.

‘At least we still have Monte’

∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Never understood why a portion Americans want Tesla to fail so badly. It's an American company using American ingenuity, with products built in America which are named after a great American. I'll criticize it when it's appropriate, but throughout this thread, it's amazing how so many revel in joy when Tesla messes up and stumbles.

Look at BDK...all he posts are the negative articles and completely ignores the good.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

HI54UNI wrote:Musk trolling the shorts. :lol:

phpBB [video]
"Our performance package is better" :lol: May as well been 93 talking about his TDI wagon on the clip. :lol:
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

∞∞∞ wrote:Never understood why a portion Americans want Tesla to fail so badly. It's an American company using American ingenuity, with products built in America which are named after a great American. I'll criticize it when it's appropriate, but throughout this thread, it's amazing how so many revel in joy when Tesla messes up and stumbles.

Look at BDK...all he posts are the negative articles and completely ignores the good.
I know, I have that thought when I hear limousine liberals and leftists hoping for the economy to crash so Trump can finally fail.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

SDHornet wrote:
∞∞∞ wrote:Never understood why a portion Americans want Tesla to fail so badly. It's an American company using American ingenuity, with products built in America which are named after a great American. I'll criticize it when it's appropriate, but throughout this thread, it's amazing how so many revel in joy when Tesla messes up and stumbles.

I know, I have that thought when I hear limousine liberals and leftists hoping for the economy to crash so Trump can finally fail.
Mic drop
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
∞∞∞
Level5
Level5

Post by ∞∞∞ »

Who's cheering for the economy to crash? :? :? :?

We're afraid these policies aren't in the best interest of the United State's long term health. A booming and productive economy means zilch if most of the money is being funneled upwards. We're in a roaring economy yet stocks have relatively flatlined, salaries aren't rising above inflation unless you're already well off, inflation is growing quickly, young people are straddled with debts and can't afford homes/children, we're not reducing the national debt or deficit (quite the opposite), we're not investing into social programs or non-military infrastructure, and we're still borrowing against future generations. And on top of that, we're losing our identity as a beacon of Democracy and progress.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

∞∞∞ wrote:Who's cheering for the economy to crash? :? :? :?

We're afraid these policies aren't in the best interest of the United State's long term health. A booming and productive economy means zilch if most of the money is being funneled upwards. We're in a roaring economy yet stocks have relatively flatlined, salaries aren't rising above inflation unless you're already well off, inflation is growing quickly, young people are straddled with debts and can't afford homes/children, we're not reducing the national debt or deficit (quite the opposite), we're not investing into social programs or non-military infrastructure, and we're still borrowing against future generations. And on top of that, we're losing our identity as a beacon of Democracy and progress.
You skip over JSO’s posts or something? And FYI, the connection between the “economy” and the stock market is a tad bit more complex than A+B=C.

Salaries are growing at 5%. Inflation is 2.5%.

And Jesus Tittyfucking Christ your “woe is the U.S.” sob story is getting old.