The KuppAngeles Rams

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: The KuppAngeles Rams

Post by dal4018 »

AZGrizFan wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:No offense to Kupp, but I think that says more about the Rams than it does about him. :?
No, I don't think it does. He is gonna be great and would start on most teams, I believe.
Kupp has 68 grabs 879 yds 7 tds these stats are better than Dez Bryant 66 grabs 779 yds 5 tds.
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

dal4018 wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
No, I don't think it does. He is gonna be great and would start on most teams, I believe.
Kupp has 68 grabs 879 yds 7 tds these stats are better than Dez Bryant 66 grabs 779 yds 5 tds.
Dez Bryant is done. Not sure what happened to him but he looks like a guy on his way out of the league. He's more like a good tight end now than an elite WR.
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Post by Chizzang »

GannonFan wrote:
dal4018 wrote: Kupp has 68 grabs 879 yds 7 tds these stats are better than Dez Bryant 66 grabs 779 yds 5 tds.
Dez Bryant is done. Not sure what happened to him but he looks like a guy on his way out of the league. He's more like a good tight end now than an elite WR.
I was just talking about Dez...
There's nothing wrong with Dez Bryant
Every team in the NFL has a receiver (or two) that perform similar statistically

The problem is with the Cowboys
They are a team that dramatically over values their players and sign them to insane contratcs
The Cowboys found themselves in a position where they thought they couldn't win without Dez Bryant

That type of thinking leads to really bad (and long) contracts

Dez is a perfectly fine receiver
Worth about $4.5 Mil
Presently he's being paid $16,000,000.00

And that is entirely the cowboys fault

Next:
Kirk Cousins
A soon to be 30 year old quarterback that has never won a meaningful game
and does't make anyone around him better (like some other QB's tend to do)

He's already extremely wealthy
I wouldn't touch him for a penny over $15.5 Mil a year
The Redskins need to just let him go to Denver (after driving up the price a little)
Ideally forcing Denver to pay him the $25 Mill a year he just isn't worth
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Chizzang wrote:
GannonFan wrote:
Every team in the NFL has a receiver (or two) that perform similar statistically

They are a team that dramatically over values their players and sign them to insane contratcs
The Cowboys found themselves in a position where they thought they couldn't win without Dez Bryant

Worth about $4.5 Mil

Next:
Kirk Cousins

The Redskins need to just let him go to Denver (after driving up the price a little)
The Cowboys offense centers around Elliott too much in my personal opinion ppl are calling Prescott a GAME MANAGER I personally HATE THIS TERM it tells me that the team has NO CONFIDENCE in the starting QB!!!! Dez still has plenty left over in the tank he needs to go into the off season and comeback in great shape and shut his critics down and I'm a devout Steelers fan since the '70s.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

dal4018 wrote:
Chizzang wrote:

Worth about $4.5 Mil

Next:
Kirk Cousins

The Cowboys offense centers around Elliott too much in my personal opinion ppl are calling Prescott a GAME MANAGER I personally HATE THIS TERM it tells me that the team has NO CONFIDENCE in the starting QB!!!! Dez still has plenty left over in the tank he needs to go into the off season and comeback in great shape and shut his critics down and I'm a devout Steelers fan since the '70s.
I mean, building an offense around Elliott isn't a terrible idea. :coffee:
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

The Cowboys will be fine if they can just keep the team off PEDS and narcotics this offseason and make all players wear boxing gloves whenever they’re near white women. Those bareknuckle face punches always turn up in police reports.

And it’s kind of a shame, because the Cowboys are so likable.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

Chizzang wrote:
GannonFan wrote:

Worth about $4.5 Mil

Next:
Kirk Cousins

Yes, the problem is that Bryant is being paid like an elite, #1, speed receiver, and he's not that kind of receiver anymore. He's slow (and he was never fleet of foot to begin with, so being even slower than that is a problem) and he's not a guy that demands extra coverage anymore. Yes, you're right, he's just like an average #3 or #4 receiver, but he's paid like he's a top receiver in the league.

As for Cousins, the Redskins will have to decide if they can stomach a 2 win season to get into a position to draft a top notch QB. I agree, there's a danger in paying any QB so much money that it hinders your being able to field an effective team around him, and Cousins is certainly less deserving of that money than say a Brees or Brady would be. But you have to accept that you're going to lose a lot of games to get into position to draft a rookie QB who can replace him. Or, like the Eagles did with Wentz, make a bunch of trades to move up in the draft and hope that Cleveland still thinks they can get by without a drafting a QB.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Chizzang wrote: The problem is with the Cowboys

I may or may not have texted this to Flaggy once or twenty times over the past couple of years:

"As an Eagles fan, I hope that Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder live long, healthy lives and never tire of being NFL owners."
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

93henfan wrote:
Chizzang wrote: The problem is with the Cowboys

I may or may not have texted this to Flaggy once or twenty times over the past couple of years:

"As an Eagles fan, I hope that Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder live long, healthy lives and never tire of being NFL owners."
:nod:
GannonFan
Level5
Level5

Post by GannonFan »

kalm wrote:
93henfan wrote:

:nod:
Amen. :thumb:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Vidav wrote:
dal4018 wrote:The Cowboys offense centers around Elliott too much in my personal opinion ppl are calling Prescott a GAME MANAGER I personally HATE THIS TERM it tells me that the team has NO CONFIDENCE in the starting QB!!!! Dez still has plenty left over in the tank he needs to go into the off season and comeback in great shape and shut his critics down and I'm a devout Steelers fan since the '70s.
Ideally, you build a team around a system
and not the other way around

Building a team around a guy is actually stupid
it can be effective (until he sprains an ankle)

Teams need to build a system based on player development

Examples of this would be
Andy Reid in Philly and then KC
Mike McCarthy in Green Bay
Jim Harbaugh in San Francisco
Bill Belichick in New England

System coaches are the only way to have sustained success
You'll notice frequently their players when traded or when they move on
tend to be pretty average outside of the system
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Vidav wrote:
dal4018 wrote:The Cowboys offense centers around Elliott too much in my personal opinion ppl are calling Prescott a GAME MANAGER I personally HATE THIS TERM it tells me that the team has NO CONFIDENCE in the starting QB!!!! Dez still has plenty left over in the tank he needs to go into the off season and comeback in great shape and shut his critics down and I'm a devout Steelers fan since the '70s.
One day it will and Prescott will be forced to win games by himself throwing the ball to Dez.
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

It was a Kupptacular season. Go get 'em next year. I expect Kuppangeles and Wentzadelphia to clash in January many times in this and the next decade.
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

So sad it ended like it did. :(
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote:No surprise here. He's a great receiver.
He was very productive as a rookie caught a td pass in defeat!!!!
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

Cooper Kupp
9 catches 162 Yards 2 touchdowns

That's the same line he used to have against the Griz

:ohno:
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Chizzang wrote:Cooper Kupp
9 catches 162 Yards 2 touchdowns

That's the same line he used to have against the Griz

:ohno:
:lol: :lol: I remember the year we held him to 106 and 1 TD and thought..."whew! We DID it! We controlled him!" :lol:
Spoiler: show
Of course, i think he also THREW for a TD in that game, if I recall... :ohno:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

JohnStOnge wrote:Ok I'll go ahead and stick my neck out and say what I think we can expect. I think you guys over rate him. I've watched him over the years and I don't think he's anywhere near the top of the list in terms of the best receivers to come out of I-AA/FCS. I think he will play. But his best 40 at the combine was 4.62 seconds. He's downright slow by NFL wide receiver standards.

I'll go ahead and say I don't think he's ever going to amount to much in the NFL. But the nice thing is that if it turns out that he does you guys can link this post and tell me how wrong I was.
Granted it's a very small sample size but after this weekend he should be in the top 10 for yards, receptions, and TD's (he leads TD's but he has an extra game). And he's not even a #1 WR.

Sure am sorry I didn't listen to you and picked him fantasy both years. :ohno:
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

kalm wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Ok I'll go ahead and stick my neck out and say what I think we can expect. I think you guys over rate him. I've watched him over the years and I don't think he's anywhere near the top of the list in terms of the best receivers to come out of I-AA/FCS. I think he will play. But his best 40 at the combine was 4.62 seconds. He's downright slow by NFL wide receiver standards.

I'll go ahead and say I don't think he's ever going to amount to much in the NFL. But the nice thing is that if it turns out that he does you guys can link this post and tell me how wrong I was.
Granted it's a very small sample size but after this weekend he should be in the top 10 for yards, receptions, and TD's (he leads TD's but he has an extra game). And he's not even a #1 WR.

Kalm-kindly wander over to the FCS forum and take my bait. :thumb:
Rob Iola
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Lurking

Post by Rob Iola »

Economically, he's a pretty good receiver. And you're an excellent judge of ability.
Proletarians of the world, unite!
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

Rob Iola wrote:

Economically, he's a pretty good receiver. And you're an excellent judge of ability.
Another great analysis by JSO.... :lol: :lol:

Kind of like his stock market analysis. :dunce: :dunce:
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Winterborn
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Beer and Diesel Pickups

Post by Winterborn »

For some reason I decided to bench Goff in my final fantasy league last night........ :oops:
“The best of all things is to learn. Money can be lost or stolen, health and strength may fail, but what you have committed to your mind is yours forever.” – Louis L’Amour

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” - G. Michael Hopf

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious.” – Albert Einstein
CAA Flagship
4th&29
4th&29
I am a fan of: Old Dominion
A.K.A.: He/His/Him/Himself

Post by CAA Flagship »

Rob Iola wrote:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Chizzang
Level5
Level5

Post by Chizzang »

kalm wrote:

You'll probably know this...
Doesn't Kupp hold 4 or 5 of the NCAA all time receiving records?

6,000 yards
70 something touchdowns
30+ 100 yard games

and a few more even...
The guy was the 69th pick in the draft and looking like he went late and was a steal
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

They were just giving Kupp props on the local Twin Cities talk show.

Most receptions, career
FBS: 399 – Zay Jones, East Carolina, 2013–16[59]
FCS: 428 – Cooper Kupp, Eastern Washington, 2011–16[51]
Div II: 386 – Justin Bernard, Saint Anselm College 2010–14[40]
Div III: 463 – Michael Zweifel, Wisconsin–River Falls and University of Dubuque, 2007–11[60]

Most yards receiving, career
FBS: 5,278 – Corey Davis, Western Michigan, 2013-16[65]
FCS: 6,464 – Cooper Kupp, Eastern Washington, 2013–16[66]
Div II: 4,983 – Clarence Coleman, Ferris State, 1998–2001[40]
Div III: 6,108 – Scott Pingel, Westminster (MO), 1996–99[62]