For Sale: Carolina Panthers

All other sports including pro, high school and more!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Coastal Carolina

For Sale: Carolina Panthers

Post by Ibanez »

Current Owners not named J. Richardson:

Current Panthers Owners

Belk Family: They owns roughly 5% of the team. The South's first family of retail sold its department store chain in 2015 for roughly $2.7 billion, ending a 127-year corporate dynasty.

Levine Family: The family owns around 10% of the team. Leon Levine founded Family Dollar in 1959 and the Levines ran the company, headquartered in the Charlotte suburbs, until its sale to Dollar Tree in 2015 for $9.1 billion. The Levines are major philanthropists in North Carolina.

Steve and Jerry Wordsworth: The Wordsworths are the biggest minority shareholders of the team with an estimated 16%. The family is North Carolina royalty. They sold Meadowbrook Meat Company to Berkshire Hathaway's McLane Company in 2012.

Other North Carolina Locals:
Bruton Smith: The founder and chairman of Speedway Motorsports is one of the most common names associated with buying the Panthers due to his experience in sports. SMI manages eight Nascar tracks. His fortune was valued by Forbes at $1 billion in March but the value of Smith's Sonic Automotive car dealerships are down since then.

James Goodnight: The co-founder of analytics software firm SAS is North Carolina's richest resident at $9.9 billion. The 74-year-old still runs the company and could write the check for the Panthers easier than anyone else from North Carolina.

John Sall: Sall co-founded SAS with Goodnight and ranks as North Carolina's second richest resident. The pair own a country club and hotel together.

Michael Jordan: MJ is worth an estimated $1.4 billion, with roughly $600 million of his net worth tied up in his 90% stake in the Charlotte Hornets. Jordan recently participated in the $1.2 billion Miami Marlins purchase, taking a stake estimated to be less than 1%.

Joe Gibbs: The Hall of Fame football coach.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenh ... 156ea5be16

P.Diddy announced he wants in - and would put Kapernick in the running for QB. Yeah - that's a great idea. :roll: He also calls the team the "North Carolina Panthers". WAFJ.
Turns out I might be a little gay. 89Hen 11/7/17
Chizzang
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Deflate Gate
A.K.A.: The Quasar Kid

Re: For Sale: Carolina Panthers

Post by Chizzang »

Gawd I hope P-diddy makes the purchase...

:rofl:

THAT right there would be hilarious
Q: Name something that offends Republicans?
A: The actual teachings of Jesus
GannonFan
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Delaware
A.K.A.: Non-Partisan Hack

Post by GannonFan »

Did Diddy tell Cam yet about the new QB coming in?
Proud Member of the Blue Hen Nation
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

GannonFan wrote:Did Diddy tell Cam yet about the new QB coming in?
Would Kaepernick just be part owner, not play, and require players to take a knee during the anthem.
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Gil Dobie wrote:
GannonFan wrote:Did Diddy tell Cam yet about the new QB coming in?
Would Kaepernick just be part owner, not play, and require players to take a knee during the anthem.
I bet his lawsuit against the league goes away fairly quickly.
Col Hogan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: William & Mary

Post by Col Hogan »

So I understand this, Richardson is selling his share, but the other’s have not said anything about selling their shares...is that correct???
“Tolerance and Apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.” Aristotle

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Col Hogan wrote:So I understand this, Richardson is selling his share, but the other’s have not said anything about selling their shares...is that correct???
What percent is his share?
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Col Hogan wrote:So I understand this, Richardson is selling his share, but the other’s have not said anything about selling their shares...is that correct???
What percent is his share?
49%.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Ibanez wrote:Current Owners not named J. Richardson:

Current Panthers Owners

Belk Family: They owns roughly 5% of the team. The South's first family of retail sold its department store chain in 2015 for roughly $2.7 billion, ending a 127-year corporate dynasty.

Levine Family: The family owns around 10% of the team. Leon Levine founded Family Dollar in 1959 and the Levines ran the company, headquartered in the Charlotte suburbs, until its sale to Dollar Tree in 2015 for $9.1 billion. The Levines are major philanthropists in North Carolina.

Steve and Jerry Wordsworth: The Wordsworths are the biggest minority shareholders of the team with an estimated 16%. The family is North Carolina royalty. They sold Meadowbrook Meat Company to Berkshire Hathaway's McLane Company in 2012.

Other North Carolina Locals:
Bruton Smith: The founder and chairman of Speedway Motorsports is one of the most common names associated with buying the Panthers due to his experience in sports. SMI manages eight Nascar tracks. His fortune was valued by Forbes at $1 billion in March but the value of Smith's Sonic Automotive car dealerships are down since then.

James Goodnight: The co-founder of analytics software firm SAS is North Carolina's richest resident at $9.9 billion. The 74-year-old still runs the company and could write the check for the Panthers easier than anyone else from North Carolina.

John Sall: Sall co-founded SAS with Goodnight and ranks as North Carolina's second richest resident. The pair own a country club and hotel together.

Michael Jordan: MJ is worth an estimated $1.4 billion, with roughly $600 million of his net worth tied up in his 90% stake in the Charlotte Hornets. Jordan recently participated in the $1.2 billion Miami Marlins purchase, taking a stake estimated to be less than 1%.

Joe Gibbs: The Hall of Fame football coach.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenh ... 156ea5be16

P.Diddy announced he wants in - and would put Kapernick in the running for QB. Yeah - that's a great idea. :roll: He also calls the team the "North Carolina Panthers". WAFJ.
Okay don't hold one mistake against him he needs more money than 820 million listening to sports radio WFAN(NY) ppl have suggested OPRAH get involved she has 3 billion to back her up!!!!!!
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports ... 84034.html
It appears that David Tepper will be the answer to this question: “Who will buy the Carolina Panthers?”

But that’s only the beginning. If Tepper — a Florida hedge fund manager worth an estimated $11 billion — does indeed buy the team from Jerry Richardson as multiple reports have indicated and get approved at the NFL owners meeting later this month, here are nine questions I would like Tepper to answer right away.
:coffee:
OL FU
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: Furman

Post by OL FU »

Wofford is going to have a really nice endowment :(
Ibanez
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Ibanez »

OL FU wrote:Wofford is going to have a really nice endowment :(
:lol:

It's interesting that for all the talk about increasing minority ownership in the NFL, that Diddy, Curry and Kantstandpernick aren't involved. The group they joined backed up with the price reached $2.5B.