Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Semifinal Week Breakdown

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Playoffs

SDKST 16-51 JMU
SHSU 13-55 NDSU

• Best Performance: (#1) James Madison 51, (#5) South Dakota St. 16 - The Duke defense forces 10 turnovers while Marcus Marshall runs for 165 yards and 2 touchdowns in the first 5 minutes of the third quarter.

Worst Performance: (#6) Sam Houston St. 13, (#2) North Dakota St. 55 - The Bearkats are outrushed 471-63 as they exit the playoffs in humiliating fashion yet again.

Most Surprising Result: (#5) South Dakota St. 16, (#1) James Madison 51 - What's more surprising: that the Jackrabbits committed 10 turnovers, or that they were knocked out of the playoffs by somebody other than North Dakota State? :lol:

Celebration Bowl

GRAM 14-21 NCAT (in Atlanta, GA)

• Best Performance: (#7) North Carolina A&T 21, (#13) Grambling 14 - Lamar Raynard pulls a Dan Marino and completes a fake spike inside the 5 to set up his own game-winning TD run with 38 seconds left.

Worst Performance: (#13) Grambling 14, (#7) North Carolina A&T 21 - Devante Kincade accounts for 318 of Grambling's 336 offensive yards in a valiant final-game performance.

Most Surprising Result: (none)
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Re: Semifinal Week Breakdown

Post by dal4018 »

Excellent game in the Celebration Bowl.I predict a shootout with JMU@NDSU!!!!
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

dal4018 wrote:Excellent game in the Celebration Bowl.I predict a shootout with JMU@NDSU!!!!
That would be fun, but I think a low-scoring game is more likely. Their defenses are just too good.
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

I’ll pick NDSU by a touchdown. The Revenge thing.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
dal4018 wrote:Excellent game in the Celebration Bowl.I predict a shootout with JMU@NDSU!!!!
That would be fun, but I think a low-scoring game is more likely. Their defenses are just too good.
Your correct the defense for both sideds are elite how is this for a final 21-16?????
dal4018
Level5
Level5

Post by dal4018 »

Ivytalk wrote:I’ll pick NDSU by a touchdown. The Revenge thing.
Yes payback will be on the minds of NDSU after last yr again 21-16.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Bison loose 3 key players. I told the Sam Houston players to take it easy on us at the hotel, but they didn't listen.

.....and CAA refs

BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Revenge is overrated. It lasts like the 1st 2-3 plays of the game, or something like that. Mickey Matthews said so once..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

dal4018 wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Your correct the defense for both sideds are elite how is this for a final 21-16?????
I like 21-16! :nod:
phpBB [video]
Ivytalk
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Salisbury University

Post by Ivytalk »

BDKJMU wrote:
Revenge is overrated. It lasts like the 1st 2-3 plays of the game, or something like that. Mickey Matthews said so once..
Well, then, it must be true if the Oracle of Harrisonburg said so.
“I’m tired and done.” — 89Hen 3/27/22.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Gil Dobie wrote:Bison loose 3 key players. I told the Sam Houston players to take it easy on us at the hotel, but they didn't listen.

.....and CAA refs

The MVFC refs in the SHSU/Kennesaw game were terrible..
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

All FCS refs are terrible. That's why they're FCS refs. :lol:
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

I don't know if it means anything but I noted that South Dakota State was able to run the ball very effectively against JMU early on. I didn't watch the whole game...just the first half then I turned it on in the second half just long enough to see JMU's guy make that long TD run so that I figured it was over...but I felt like early on South Dakota State's offensive line was able to kind of push JMU's defensive front around in the running game. South Dakota State ended up getting sacked five times but if you delete the sacks South Dakota State averaged 5.2 yards per carry.

That kind of thing becomes less important as a team falls behind so that it can't continue to stick to the running game. But we'll see if JMU has some issues stopping North Dakota State's running game.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:I don't know if it means anything but I noted that South Dakota State was able to run the ball very effectively against JMU early on. I didn't watch the whole game...just the first half then I turned it on in the second half just long enough to see JMU's guy make that long TD run so that I figured it was over...but I felt like early on South Dakota State's offensive line was able to kind of push JMU's defensive front around in the running game. South Dakota State ended up getting sacked five times but if you delete the sacks South Dakota State averaged 5.2 yards per carry.

That kind of thing becomes less important as a team falls behind so that it can't continue to stick to the running game. But we'll see if JMU has some issues stopping North Dakota State's running game.
Thats because of 2 factors:
1. The SDSU OL took wide splits to spread the JMU de. Now if JMU was 1st focused on stopping the run that wouldn't have been an issue. But it was because JMU was 1st focused on stopping the pass.
2. JMU was focused on stopping the SDSU passing game spearheaded the projected 1st/2nd rd TE Dallas Goedert and projected 3rd/4th rd WR Jake Wieneke. Those 2 had put up monster #s. Stopping those 2 was the top priority. Stopping the run was secondary. Against NDSU it will be a different gameplan- wtop the run before the pass.

And before anyone says that Goedert wasn't that impressive, remember he was playing with an injured calf muscle. You could see him favoring it. Normal game he probably doesn't even play, so kudos to him for gutting it out, esp since it could have hurt his draft status. But JMU still had to play him like he was 100%.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Gil Dobie wrote:Bison loose 3 key players. I told the Sam Houston players to take it easy on us at the hotel, but they didn't listen.

.....and CAA refs

This is a perfect photo to represent the officials who threw that "leverage" flag on the Rams. All the guy called did was shoot the B gap, and that's perfectly legal. If they meant the guy who flew over the center (with a vastly different number, BTW), they blew THAT, too, because he didn't even touch the center, or anyone else for that matter....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.