QF - UNH @ (5) SoDak State

Football Championship Subdivision discussions
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

QF - UNH @ (5) SoDak State

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

South Dakota State got an impressive win last week, while New Hampshire registered a surprising upset despite doing nothing on offense the vast majority of the game. Unfortunately for the Wildcats, their offense could be in trouble again because starting QB Trevor Knight is reportedly questionable for Saturday's game. I would've taken the Jackrabbits at home anyway, but the Knight injury makes things potentially more lopsided.

Here's my assessment of the matchups & my pick for the game:

• Quarterbacks -- South Dakota St.

Running Backs - South Dakota St.

Receivers/TEs - South Dakota St.

Offensive Line - South Dakota St.

Defensive Line - New Hampshire

Linebackers --- New Hampshire

Secondary ---- New Hampshire

Kicking ------ South Dakota St.

Punting ------ (push)

Return Teams - South Dakota St.

Kickoffs ------ South Dakota St.

• New Hampshire 14-30 South Dakota St.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Re: QF - UNH @ (5) SoDak State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Best Ankle Twister - SDSU (LB - Christian Rozenboom), he's also one of the best LB's in the Valley.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Very unusual UNH team in that their defense, by the 2nd half of the season, is very good, and their offense sucks. Majority of the time in their 14 year playoff run its been the other way around- with a few exceptions.

McDonnell loves to go for 2 pt conversions, esp after UNH's 1st TD. Usually had some trick play for them. Course that is if UNH manages to score a TD this game.

Accuweather hourly shows at 2 PM local kickoff 26 degress with a 12 mph wind, windchill of 17. Cold shouldn't effect those New England boys any worse than SDSU. I know the SDSU boys are used to it, but probably will take a little off their passing game (compared to 70, sunny, no wind)..

McNight is good- similar QB in similar offense (tons of different formations & pre snap movement) to the other Wildcats out west in WSU. So nothing new on McNight yet- UNH following the NCAA mandated concussion protocol.

McNight plays: SDSU 27, UNH 15
McNight doesn't play: SDSU 31, UNH 6
Last edited by BDKJMU on Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

BDKJMU wrote:Very unusual UNH team in that their defense is very good and their offense sucks. Majority of the time in their 14 year playoff run its been the other way around- with a few exceptions.

McDonnell loves to go for 2 pt conversions, esp after UNH's 1st TD. Usually had some trick play for them. Course that is if UNH manages to score a TD this game.

Accuweather hourly shows at 2 PM local kickoff 26 degress with a 12 mph wind, windchill of 17. Cold shouldn't effect those New England boys any worse than SDSU. I know the SDSU boys are used to it, but probably will take a little off their passing game (compared to 70, sunny, no wind)..

McNight is good- similar QB in similar offense (tons of different formations & pre snap movement) to the other Wildcats out west in WSU. So nothing new on McNight yet- UNH following the NCAA mandated concussion protocol.

(It's Knight, not McNight)

UNH's problem seems to be that their O-Line is terrible. They're averaging 2.7 yards-per-carry and they've allowed 50 sacks on the season.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Very unusual UNH team in that their defense is very good and their offense sucks. Majority of the time in their 14 year playoff run its been the other way around- with a few exceptions.

UNH's problem seems to be that their O-Line is terrible. They're averaging 2.7 yards-per-carry and they've allowed 50 sacks on the season.
Lol- with the HC being 'Mc'Donnell, I guess I had 'Mc" stuck in my head..
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
Gil Dobie
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Norse Dakota State

Post by Gil Dobie »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:

Rozenboom will probably be in the back field a lot then.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:

(It's Rozeboom, not Rozenboom)

;)
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Jackrabbits win 56-14, so Holy Cross doesn't end up being UNH's most lopsided loss of the season.
Last edited by Mvemjsunpx on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Gil Dobie wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:

I wonder if he is NFL material????
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

dal4018 wrote:
Gil Dobie wrote:
I wonder if he is NFL material????
Probably. He's listed on NFL Draft Scout, but he's only a sophomore so it's a bit early to know for sure.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
dal4018 wrote: I wonder if he is NFL material????
Probably. He's listed on NFL Draft Scout, but he's only a sophomore so it's a bit early to know for sure.
Okay I thought he waa a senior.