One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Re: Qtrfinal #1: Weber St (11-2) @ #1 JMU (12-0), Fri, 7 PM, ESPN2

Post by grizzaholic »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:Fuck them in the ass.
Now now. There are probably Mormons reading this thread.
Why? Don't they have scriptures to read, wifes to mate, make laws that suck, and talk bad about regular folk?

Fuck them too
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Cunts...the whole lot of them. Both teams...but especially Weber.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

Congrats Weber on a great effort.
Delaware Football: 1889-2012; 2022-
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

TITS BE COMING TONIGHT

Justin Halpern
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

I wish that there had been just a little bit more Big Sky defense in this one.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Hell of a year. Thanks for the ride Weber.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

CAA Flagship wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote:Didn't realize Stitt had taken over at Weber.
It's Friday night. Don't you have some throwing up to be working on?
Working on it. I'll keep you up to date.
bandl
Towson
Towson

Post by bandl »

93henfan wrote:Entertaining game. Fuck JMU
Why would you say such a thing?
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

Grizalltheway wrote:
CAA Flagship wrote: It's Friday night. Don't you have some throwing up to be working on?
Working on it. I'll keep you up to date.
Drink some more A/B beer.

Justin Halpern
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack

Post by grizzaholic »

I guess...good game :puke: JMU. I guess Weber wanted to be home next weekend for some sort of church thing. :roll:

Justin Halpern
93henfan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by 93henfan »

bandl wrote:
93henfan wrote:Entertaining game. Fuck JMU
Why would you say such a thing?
Tourette's.

SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Ouch Weebs...ouch. :ohno:

Damn good season for you guys though, and damn good showing in the playoffs. :thumb:
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: JMU
A.K.A.: BDKJMU

Post by BDKJMU »

Holy cow I needed more to drink that game. Added some gray hairs..Congrats to WSU on a hell of an effort. Not sure if I said it on here, but I said earlier this week on the JMU board (I wasn’t the only 1) that of the 8 teams remaining, Weber was probaly the 4th best after JMU & the 2 Dakota States.

If someone had told me before the game that as decimated as JMU ‘s O was (after losing 6 starters off last year’s team (3 NFL camps)), 3 more Aug/Sept (2 OL, RB), 2 last week vs SBU (WR, OL), 2 1st half vs WSU (TE, OL, both All CAA) and the JMU would give up 28 I would have said JMU loses by 1-2 scores..

Thought the JMU Offense (31 Points/ 549 yards), despite shutting down their leg at times, did great considering the injuries & were up against what was suppose to be a very good Weber defense.

A little disappointed in the JMU defense. Weber 329 yards offense: 38 yards th 1st half, 291 the second, mostly through the air on numerous big plays. After the JMU starting defense had given up only 6 TDs all season, never more than 1 in any game, gave up 3 TDs in the 2nd half (1st Weber Td was on the JMU offense for throwing pick run back inside JMU 5).
..peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard..
..But you have to go home now. We have to have peace…
..I know how you feel, but go home, and go home in peace.
JMU Football: 2022 & 2023 Sun Belt East Champions.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

93henfan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote:Oh yeah I forgot about another starting OL that is out (Lg #61). Our offense is hosed
Grand theft auto, armed robbery, or just drug dealing?
Didn’t you hear? MIckey Matthews just announced his retirement.
https://www.foxsports.com/college-footb ... res-120817
http://www.live5news.com/story/37021579 ... retirement
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Oh yeah they were taking about it in the JMU board earlier this the week. The 26 year old Weber 2 time All Big Sky DT is the son of Dale Murphy, some baseball player. Don’t follow baseball at all, but apparently this Murphy guy was really good..
JohnStOnge
Egalitarian
Egalitarian
I am a fan of: McNeese State
A.K.A.: JohnStOnge

Post by JohnStOnge »

Darn I went to sleep after the first half. JMU looked like it was a lot better physically and was screwing around so as not to have the lead it should have at halftime. But I figured with Weber not being able to move the ball at all it was just a matter of time and also figured losing that touchdown on the blocked field goal due to the senseless penalty that had no impact on the play deflated them.

Looks like their offense woke up in the second half. Losing that touchdown on the blocked kick looks really big now. Of course we can't know how things would've gone in the second half under a scenario where they'd scored to take the lead there but obviously getting lucky on that one helped JMU's chances.
Well, I believe that I must tell the truth
And say things as they really are
But if I told the truth and nothing but the truth
Could I ever be a star?

Deep Purple: No One Came
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

What a game. JMU #5 sucks ass. If it weren't for him, the Dukes would have won easily.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

89Hen wrote:What a game. JMU #5 sucks ass. If it weren't for him, the Dukes would have won easily.
You don't suck ass if you have 13 career interceptions, tied as JMU career interceptions leader. He had a bad game..I haven't watched the recording, but a reputable poster on the JMU board who rewatched the game recording said he had a terrible game, the worst since at least early last season. I think beat on 2 TD passes..

"2017 as a Redshirt Senior: First Team All-CAA Safety... STATS FCS Third Team Preseason All-American... HERO Sports FCS Preseason All-American... Preseason All-CAA selection.

...2016 as a Redshirt Junior: Started in all 15 games... HERO Sports FCS Third Team All-American... First Team All-CAA Safety... ECAC First Team All-Star... VaSID First Team All-State... Roanoke Times First Team All-State....

..2015 as a Redshirt Sophomore: Started all 12 games at safety... Second Team All-CAA Safety... VaSID Second Team All-State.."
http://www.jmusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=13391
89Hen
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: High Horses
A.K.A.: The Almighty Arbiter

Post by 89Hen »

BDKJMU wrote:
89Hen wrote:What a game. JMU #5 sucks ass. If it weren't for him, the Dukes would have won easily.
You don't suck ass if you have 13 career interceptions, tied as JMU career interceptions leader. He had a bad game..I haven't watched the recording, but a reputable poster on the JMU board who rewatched the game recording said he had a terrible game, the worst since at least early last season. I think beat on 2 TD passes..

"2017 as a Redshirt Senior: First Team All-CAA Safety... STATS FCS Third Team Preseason All-American... HERO Sports FCS Preseason All-American... Preseason All-CAA selection.

...2016 as a Redshirt Junior: Started in all 15 games... HERO Sports FCS Third Team All-American... First Team All-CAA Safety... ECAC First Team All-Star... VaSID First Team All-State... Roanoke Times First Team All-State....

..2015 as a Redshirt Sophomore: Started all 12 games at safety... Second Team All-CAA Safety... VaSID Second Team All-State.."
http://www.jmusports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=13391
Fine. JMU #5 sucked ass. Is that better? The long TD to start the second half he did a drive by on the receiver. Didn't go for the ball, didn't even make a move to hit/tackle him. It honestly was the most bizarre play I had seen by a DB in a long time.... until the fourth quarter when he made even a stranger play. QB fakes sneak, drops back and lofts it to the end zone. #5 is in perfect shape to either pick it off or at least knock it down and instead he's staring at the ref five yards away to his side. All he had to do was turn around OR look at the receiver. :suspicious: :suspicious: :suspicious:
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

grizzaholic wrote:Drink some more A/B beer.
A&W rules....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

JohnStOnge wrote:Darn I went to sleep after the first half. JMU looked like it was a lot better physically and was screwing around so as not to have the lead it should have at halftime. But I figured with Weber not being able to move the ball at all it was just a matter of time and also figured losing that touchdown on the blocked field goal due to the senseless penalty that had no impact on the play deflated them.

Looks like their offense woke up in the second half. Losing that touchdown on the blocked kick looks really big now. Of course we can't know how things would've gone in the second half under a scenario where they'd scored to take the lead there but obviously getting lucky on that one helped JMU's chances.
JMU didn't get lucky at all on that. The Weber player TACKLED the JMU player as the JMU player was going for the loose ball. Blatant as hell. You can't do that. Then the officials INCORRECTLY awarded the ball to Weber with zero time on the clock at their 30. (The spot of the foul was at the Weber 40). It should have been JMU's ball at the Weber 30 with a shot at a 47 yd FG. (The attempt that was block was a 37 yd attempt). So the screw up by the officials might have cost JMU 3 points (remember the JMU kicker made a 46 yd game winner).

Team A is JMU. Team B is Weber.
http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=13725.0
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

BDKJMU wrote:
JohnStOnge wrote:Darn I went to sleep after the first half. JMU looked like it was a lot better physically and was screwing around so as not to have the lead it should have at halftime. But I figured with Weber not being able to move the ball at all it was just a matter of time and also figured losing that touchdown on the blocked field goal due to the senseless penalty that had no impact on the play deflated them.

JMU didn't get lucky at all on that. The Weber player TACKLED the JMU player as the JMU player was going for the loose ball. Blatant as hell. You can't do that. Then the officials INCORRECTLY awarded the ball to Weber with zero time on the clock at their 30. (The spot of the foul was at the Weber 40). It should have been JMU's ball at the Weber 30 with a shot at a 47 yd FG. (The attempt that was block was a 37 yd attempt). So the screw up by the officials might have cost JMU 3 points (remember the JMU kicker made a 46 yd game winner).

Well he didn't really tackle him, he didn't even wrap his arms around him. It was more of a case of he got hit from behind, fell and the Weber defender fell over him. At first glance it does look like a blatant holding but after looking at it from different camera angles you can see the Weber player never even wraps him up.
BDKJMU
Level5
Level5

Post by BDKJMU »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: JMU didn't get lucky at all on that. The Weber player TACKLED the JMU player as the JMU player was going for the loose ball. Blatant as hell. You can't do that. Then the officials INCORRECTLY awarded the ball to Weber with zero time on the clock at their 30. (The spot of the foul was at the Weber 40). It should have been JMU's ball at the Weber 30 with a shot at a 47 yd FG. (The attempt that was block was a 37 yd attempt). So the screw up by the officials might have cost JMU 3 points (remember the JMU kicker made a 46 yd game winner).

Well he didn't really tackle him, he didn't even wrap his arms around him. It was more of a case of he got hit from behind, fell and the Weber defender fell over him. At first glance it does look like a blatant holding but after looking at it from different camera angles you can see the Weber player never even wraps him up.
I watched the replay live and from both camera angles in slo motion, and slo motion of the slo motion. It wasn't "more like a case of he got hit from behind". No one touched #94 after he broke through the line. He took about 7 steps with no one touching him, then leaned forward & put his helmet into the JMU holder's back. As #94 was falling forward on his own, he wrapped his arms around the JMU player's left leg. If the JMU holder had the ball it would have been a nice open field tackle from behind. Plus like Trevor Matich said in the ESPN studios at halftime, if that "hold" doesn't happen, the JMU player likely tackles the guy who recovered the ball.

Plus they didn't call the guy who picked it up for 1st batting the ball batting the ball forward about 9-10 yards before picking it up. That is illegal in the NFL, think so in college, but not 100% sure..
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Schor is not very accurate 21-45 but he piled nice yardage total 359 having two WRs over the 100yd barrier for JMU.