Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Predictions 10-14

Post by JALMOND »

5-1 last week, and not having faith in the conference when NAU went up against Illinois State was the only blemish on the slate. That put me at 38-14 for the year so far. A little bit better, but still would like to get a perfect weekend. Five games on the docket this weekend with Cal Poly, Northern Colorado and UC-Davis taking the week off. Here is my shot at perfection.

ISU at SAC---The Bengals took one on the chin last week and now hit the road against a well rested Hornet team that had last week off. Is this what is meant by the term "Griz Hangover"?...SAC 34, ISU 20.

MSU at EWU---Perhaps the game of the week in the conference. The Bobcats were never really challenged last week while the Eagles had grind out a tough road win. Now they are at home...EWU 31, MSU 24.

UND at UM---The Hawks shook off their injuries to get a home win last week, while the Grizzlies earned a tough road conference win. Have the Hawks turned a corner, or will the Grizzlies pile on more misfortune...UM 34, UND 21.

NAU at PSU---The Lumberjacks looked sharp against the Missouri Valley last week and now hit the road against a snake-bit Vikings team that still seems like they can't get out of their own way...NAU 38, PSU 21.

SUU at WSU---Exactly how good are the Thunderbirds? They seem to be up, then down, then back up again. But one thing for sure, the Wildcats are pretty good and they had an extra week to prepare...WSU 45, SUU 17.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Re: Big Sky Predictions 10-14

Post by SuperHornet »

Sac 42, ISU 3
EWU 56, MSU 23
UM 37, Sioux 10
PSU 21, NAU 17
BBQ 72, SUU 0

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

So SUU is only 4 points better than UM-Western? Good to know.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Montana St. 28-38 EWUThe Bobcats match up reasonably well, but they've still lost 12 of the last 14 meetings

NAU 30-22 Portland St. — PSU is the Big Sky's version of that one team that plays everyone tough but always loses

Idaho St. 31-38 Sac StateWill we finally get a clue as to whether Sac is good or not?

Suutah 17-34 WeberSUU may not be consistent, but Weber is

NoDak 27-45 MontanaUND showed some fight last week, but they'll have real trouble with UM's receivers

BYE 65-7 UC Polyrado — BYE loves kicking teams while they're down
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Sac
EWU
UM
NAU
WSU
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

I see no scenario where UND's decimated D holds the Griz to 34. I'd predict something more like 45-28 or 45-34.
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

AZGrizFan wrote:I see no scenario where UND's decimated D holds the Griz to 34. I'd predict something more like 45-28 or 45-34.
Yeah, I mean, our 3rd string QB (now a WR) threw 6 TDs on them last time they played in Missoula. :lol:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

North Dakota- 20
Montana- 52

If ever there was a chance for Montana's defense to hold their Big Sky opponent to less than 30 points this is the week.

Montana State- 30
Eastern Washington- 38

Could be a lot more points scored in this one. Can MSU stop the Pass? Can EWU stop the run?

Northern Arizona- 45
Portland State- 17

The Lumberjacks have looked really good over the last few weeks, while Portland State continues to look really bad.

Southern Utah- 14
Weber State- 28

Interesting enough the home team is 3-7 in the last 10 Beehive Bowl games.

Idaho State- 25
Sacramento State- 28

Hornets win what turns out to be a very surprising defensive game.
Thundernuts
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: Southern Utah

Post by Thundernuts »

Sac- 24 (picking them despite the fact that they have the biggest douchebag fan ever (SH)
ISU- 14

MSU- 18
EWI- 21

UM- 35
UND- 20

NAU- 30
PSU- 10

SUU- 21
WSU- 20 (I fully expect Weber to win this one but the Homer in me says I have to pick SUU because they have a score to settle from last year and will get up for this game more than any other)
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Grizalltheway »

Thundernuts wrote:Sac- 24 (picking them despite the fact that they have the biggest douchebag fan ever (SH)
ISU- 14

MSU- 18
EWI- 21

UM- 35
UND- 20

NAU- 30
PSU- 10

SUU- 21
WSU- 20 (I fully expect Weber to win this one but the Homer in me says I have to pick SUU because they have a score to settle from last year and will get up for this game more than any other)
I'll be rooting for the T-Birds. :thumb:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Thundernuts wrote:Sac- 24 (picking them despite the fact that they have the biggest douchebag fan ever (SH)
ISU- 14

MSU- 18
EWI- 21

UM- 35
UND- 20

NAU- 30
PSU- 10

SUU- 21

Thundernuts you need to get your fellow T-Bird fans together and Get that SUU fan board active already, you guys had 10,000 people show up for your last home game so I know they are there. :thumb:
Thundernuts
Level1
Level1

Post by Thundernuts »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
ISU- 14

MSU- 18
EWI- 21

UM- 35
UND- 20

NAU- 30
PSU- 10

SUU- 21

Thundernuts you need to get your fellow T-Bird fans together and Get that SUU fan board active already, you guys had 10,000 people show up for your last home game so I know they are there. :thumb:
Yah, its getting to be high time for a stadium expansion! :nod:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Thundernuts wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

From what I understand SUU has a plan in place for one. Read it on the spectrum earlier this year.

http://www.thespectrum.com/story/sports ... /96705270/
It’s still in its infancy, but there is a plan for a new football stadium. The field would be lowered and the track removed with a grass berm on the north end of the field, completing the bowl.
Thundernuts
Level1
Level1

Post by Thundernuts »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
Thundernuts wrote:

From what I understand SUU has a plan in place for one. Read it on the spectrum earlier this year.

http://www.thespectrum.com/story/sports ... /96705270/
It’s still in its infancy, but there is a plan for a new football stadium. The field would be lowered and the track removed with a grass berm on the north end of the field, completing the bowl.

yah... they just broke ground on the new weight room, but it'll be 20 years before they get to the stadium.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

ISU- 14

MSU- 18
EWI- 21

UM- 35
UND- 20

NAU- 30
PSU- 10

SUU- 21
:?
Vidav
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Post by Vidav »

kalm wrote:
ISU- 14

MSU- 18
EWI- 21

UM- 35
UND- 20

NAU- 30
PSU- 10

SUU- 21
:?
Yeah, I think he isn't quite clear on who SH is.
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

Thundernuts' description of me notwithstanding, I do believe that he is ignoring the presence of two very outstanding Sac State fans in SDHornet and Green Cookie Monster. While I don't always agree with them, they DO back everything they say up with research and well-thought reasoning, something I don't always get around to. Some slack should be given for our Hornets for two guys like that around here....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

SuperHornet wrote:Thundernuts' description of me notwithstanding, I do believe that he is ignoring the presence of two very outstanding Sac State fans in SDHornet and Green Cookie Monster. While I don't always agree with them, they DO back everything they say up with research and well-thought reasoning, something I don't always get around to. Some slack should be given for our Hornets for two guys like that around here....
I don't know Green Cookie Monster, but you are certainly no douchebag, SH so let's just assume he was talking about SD. :mrgreen:
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

ISU is going to win this week-end, just saying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

Guessing UND scores in the mid 40's and beats the Griz. Maybe if the University loses enough games they will quit letting dickholes attempt to stream the game and make a kid with a VHS camcorder film the game to be played back later available on Laserdisc.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

grizzaholic wrote:Guessing UND scores in the mid 40's and beats the Griz. Maybe if the University loses enough games they will quit letting dickholes attempt to stream the game and make a kid with a VHS camcorder film the game to be played back later available on Laserdisc.
Counseling. Closure. Let it go. :thumb:
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
grizzaholic
One Man Wolfpack
One Man Wolfpack
I am a fan of: Hodgdon
A.K.A.: Random Mailer

Post by grizzaholic »

AZGrizFan wrote:
grizzaholic wrote:Guessing UND scores in the mid 40's and beats the Griz. Maybe if the University loses enough games they will quit letting dickholes attempt to stream the game and make a kid with a VHS camcorder film the game to be played back later available on Laserdisc.
"What I'm saying is: You might have taken care of your wolf problem, but everyone around town is going to think of you as the crazy son of a bitch who bought land mines to get rid of wolves."

Justin Halpern
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter

Post by AZGrizFan »

grizzaholic wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
:lol: Looks just like you, bud!
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:Thundernuts' description of me notwithstanding, I do believe that he is ignoring the presence of two very outstanding Sac State fans in SDHornet and Green Cookie Monster. While I don't always agree with them, they DO back everything they say up with research and well-thought reasoning, something I don't always get around to. Some slack should be given for our Hornets for two guys like that around here....
I don't know Green Cookie Monster, but you are certainly no douchebag, SH so let's just assume he was talking about SD. :mrgreen:
:lol:

Possibly, but SH always has some lame crappy nick name he calls SUU...so figured he had it right with SH.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Jjoey52 wrote:ISU is going to win this week-end, just saying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Should be a good game, but I think we pull this one out. The Hornets will be the only team on the field that plays defense.