Football Championship Subdivision discussions
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Big Sky Power Rankings 10-2

Post by JALMOND »

Whew, we finally can put September behind us and for most of the conference, that is a relief. Topsy-turvy, unsure of who is good and who is not so good. Things have to begin to get clear sometime. Maybe this weekend will clear up more things. Here are this week's power rankings for the conference (last week in parenthesis). Should be some good discussion this time around.

1. Weber State (1)---Last week won at Montana State 25-17, this week bye---The Wildcats gain an impressive road win last week, cementing their top spot and giving them confidence as they head in to the bye week. Hopefully it does not slow them down as nothing else seems to slow them.

2. Eastern Washington (3)---Last week beat Sacramento State at home 52-31, this week at UC-Davis---The Eagles gave one of the up and comers a rude awakening last week and seem to have righted the ship. They get another up and comer this week.

3. Northern Arizona (4)---Last week beat Northern Colorado at home 48-20, this week Illinois State (Mo Valley) at home---Still unsure of how good this Lumberjacks team is, even with two good wins to start. They get to step out of conference and play a strong Missouri Valley team.

4. Montana (5)---Last week won at Portland State 45-33, this week at Idaho State---The Grizzlies took advantage of several mistakes and escaped with a convincing win on the road. They will stay on the road this weekend against another conference foe.

5. Montana State (2)---Last week lost to Weber State at home 25-17, this week Portland State at home---In a good showdown between two of the top teams in the conference, the Bobcats came up just short of a win at home. They are feeling good, but they need to recover to get their first home win.

6. Sacramento State (7)---Last week lost at Eastern Washington 52-31, this week bye---The Hornets were hoping to make a name for themselves by playing one of the big boys on the road, but it still was the same old story. Still an impressive start as they head in to the bye week.

7. UC-Davis (11)---Last week beat North Dakota at home 48-24, this week Eastern Washington at home---The Aggies became the latest team to hammer hapless North Dakota in the conference. Is it a sign of good times? They get a strong test this weekend.

8. Southern Utah (8)---Last week bye, this week Cal Poly at home---Recovering from the sting they felt the last time they played, the Thunderbirds had to regroup and therefore the bye came at a good time. They come out of it with a good test this weekend.

9. North Dakota (6)---Last week lost at UC-Davis 48-24, this week Northern Colorado at home---It seems everyone is picking on the injured Hawks team and they just can't seem to catch a break. They head home this weekend just hoping for something good to happen.

10. Idaho State (10)---Last week beat Cal Poly at home 38-34, this week Montana at home---The Bengals got a good win last week to keep the good feelings alive. However, they will have to be good this weekend in order to get a tough home conference win.

11. Northern Colorado (9)---Last week lost at Northern Arizona 48-20, this week at North Dakota---The Bears could not get anything going last week and arrived on the short end. They get their chance this weekend to pile on North Dakota and get a good looking win.

12. Portland State (12)---Last week lost to Montana at home 45-33, this week at Montana State---The Vikings woes don't look like they are going to get any better as they lost at home to one Montana team, now go on the road to face the other Montana team. Yikes!

13. Cal Poly (13)---Last week lost at Idaho State 38-34, this week at Southern Utah---The Mustangs had a lead into the fourth quarter on the road, yet still folded up shop and got hit with a loss. They wish things would get easier but their brutal schedule will not allow that.

RECAP: 1, then 2-5 bunched up, 6-11 a step behind, 12-13 in back.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Re: Big Sky Power Rankings 10-2

Post by SDHornet »

Good run down J. No arguments here. I'd bunch them 1 & 2, then 3-5, 6-11, and 12 & 13.
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

I understand the skepticism on ISU, they need to pull one off this weekend to climb upwards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hambone
Level1
Level1
I am a fan of: U of North Dakota

Post by Hambone »

UND should be last. They can't stop anyone.
THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING HAWKS
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Hambone wrote:UND should be last. They can't stop anyone.
I agree. They look terrible right now, and that isn't gonna change unless a bunch of people get healthy.

Coming into the season, I thought the NoDak game would be Montana's toughest FCS game. Now it looks like clearly the easiest remaining one.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Good list as always J.