I am a fan of: Montana
A.K.A.: The Russian

Re: Week 4 Score Thread

Post by Vidav »

SDHornet wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:Weber destroys Davis 41-3
Sac blew out SUU at home 54-27.
NAU smothers Cal Poly in SLO 28-10.

IT'S THE BIG SKY, WHERE NOTHING MAKES SENSE!!! HEEHAHAHAHEEEEHEEEHEEHAAHAHAHAH WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

:lol: :rofl: :oops: :shock: :lol: :rofl: :suspicious: :? :lol: :silly: :fuel: :punch: :stir: :bananahump: :thefan: :wtf:
:suspicious:
Weebs crushing the dungpilers is not a surprise if you saw the PSU-davis game and the Sac-WSU game. davis is not as good as people think (although they are better than last year).

Sac State was a surprise, but Patrick Tyler didn't play for SUU...that said would he have been a 27 point differential? Doubt it. Hornet D has played well all season, they were almost lights out tonight. Thomson went off for 7 TDs which was a surprise.

CP is in free fall mode and with Prethroe (sp?) out (their offensive playmaker). Again, not a surprise as 2 struggling teams met in a 50-50 game.

Now the Griz shitting the bed in the 2nd half is a surprise (at least to me). Saw the halftime score and figured they would close it out. Guess not. Ouch.
Yeah, Bobs Titt is the worst play caller of all time. :ohno:
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

Jjoey52 wrote:Kicker needed to make extra points, contact Idaho State. They scored three tds to come from 24-40 to 42-40, kicker missed not one, not 2, but all 3 xp attempts allowing UNC to kick a fg as time expired.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bengals went for 2 after the one that drew them to 42-30. Your kicker only missed 2 XP's.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

Jjoey52 wrote:Kicker needed to make extra points, contact Idaho State. They scored three tds to come from 24-40 to 42-40, kicker missed not one, not 2, but all 3 xp attempts allowing UNC to kick a fg as time expired.

Bengals went for 2 after the one that drew them to 42-30. Your kicker only missed 2 XP's.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

Vidav wrote:
SDHornet wrote: :suspicious:
Weebs crushing the dungpilers is not a surprise if you saw the PSU-davis game and the Sac-WSU game. davis is not as good as people think (although they are better than last year).

Sac State was a surprise, but Patrick Tyler didn't play for SUU...that said would he have been a 27 point differential? Doubt it. Hornet D has played well all season, they were almost lights out tonight. Thomson went off for 7 TDs which was a surprise.

CP is in free fall mode and with Prethroe (sp?) out (their offensive playmaker). Again, not a surprise as 2 struggling teams met in a 50-50 game.

Now the Griz shitting the bed in the 2nd half is a surprise (at least to me). Saw the halftime score and figured they would close it out. Guess not. Ouch.
Yeah, Bobs Titt is the worst play caller of all time. :ohno:
So what happened? Griz try to sit on the lead and just not show up for the 2nd half?
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

JALMOND wrote:

Well in that case Joey can come down off the ledge then.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4

Post by JALMOND »

SDHornet wrote:
JALMOND wrote:
Well, Portland State's kicker...oops, sorry, kickerS...have only made 2 XP's so far this season.
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Weber was only favored by 3, so—yes—that is a surprise. I picked Weber by 10 and I thought I might've been reaching. I thought Davis might get exposed once teams got film on them, but I didn't think that would happen so dramatically.

NAU with a lame-duck coach and crap run defense beating an option team on the road by 18 was quite surprising, too. Protheroe is gone, but he was gone against UNI too and CP still scored 38 points. Add Emmanuel Butler being out for the season and this result was quite odd. We know Souers won't be around next season—now we need to start wondering about Tim Walsh.

I wasn't aware Patrick Tyler was out, but he wasn't all that good against UNI last week anyway. I didn't expect Suutah's defense to give up 52 to Sac State of all teams, however.

The Griz D was great in the first half, but they got dinked & dunked to death in the second. EWU switched to a hurry-up and UM didn't handle it very well—very similar to what the Griz did to SDSU in the 2009 playoff comeback. The lead was actually blown before the third quarter ended. UM answered to retake the lead, but EWU just wouldn't slow down.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:

Weber was only favored by 3, so—yes—that is a surprise. I picked Weber by 10 and I thought I might've been reaching. I thought Davis might get exposed once teams got film on them, but I didn't think that would happen so dramatically.
davis took 4 quarters to beat a PSU team that doesn't have a QB that can throw the forward pass very well. They should have had that game wrapped up by halftime. I think a lot of folks saw the Hawkins hire and figured thing would turn around immediately...whoops. Things will turn around for them, but not immediately.

NAU with a lame-duck coach and crap run defense beating an option team on the road by 18 was quite surprising, too. Protheroe is gone, but he was gone against UNI too and CP still scored 38 points. Add Emmanuel Butler being out for the season and this result was quite odd. We know Souers won't be around next season—now we need to start wondering about Tim Walsh.
Fair enough. Triple option is a tough offense to stop when the team running it can do it efficiently. I thought NAU would pack it in for the season too, but went with then this week because of the Protheroe loss.
I wasn't aware Patrick Tyler was out, but he wasn't all that good against UNI last week anyway. I didn't expect Suutah's defense to give up 52 to Sac State of all teams, however.
54, but who is counting. I think between this and the prior comment, safe to say that UNI just isn't a very good this year.
The Griz D was great in the first half, but they got dinked & dunked to death in the second. EWU switched to a hurry-up and UM didn't handle it very well—very similar to what the Griz did to SDSU in the 2009 playoff comeback. The lead was actually blown before the third quarter ended. UM answered to retake the lead, but EWU just wouldn't slow down.
Thanks for the info. Suddenly next week's EWU-Sac game is now worth watching.
dal4018
Level5
Level5
I am a fan of: South Carolina St
A.K.A.: SC State

Post by dal4018 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:SCSU leads NC Central 28-20 in Raleigh, start of the fourth…
Eagles won 33-28!!!!
kalm
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Post by kalm »

dal4018 wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:SCSU leads NC Central 28-20 in Raleigh, start of the fourth…
Eagles won 33-28!!!!
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

SDHornet wrote:
JALMOND wrote:

That makes it better, kickers miss 2 xp in a row all the time.

Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

Jjoey52 wrote:
SDHornet wrote: Well in that case Joey can come down off the ledge then.

Missing 2 PATs in a row is bad, but allowing 413 yards and 4 touchdowns on just 25 pass attempts is worse.
GrizFanStuckInUtah
Level3
Level3

Post by GrizFanStuckInUtah »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

Montana's backup seems to be doing quite well from what i have seen
A few too many issues with Hi-Lo accuracy, but that wasn't really why the team lost.
Vidav wrote:Montana's play calling and secondary are both terrible.
I am not one to normally pile on but man, did we get out coached in the second half of that game. EWU made adjustments for the second half, we didn't. :twocents:
-Go Griz!
-Class of '97
-Thank you to all our Veterans. :bow:
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

Mvemjsunpx wrote:
Jjoey52 wrote:

Missing 2 PATs in a row is bad, but allowing 413 yards and 4 touchdowns on just 25 pass attempts is worse.

True, but we all know defense is not a big deal in BSC.

Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Jjoey52 wrote:
Mvemjsunpx wrote:

True, but we all know defense is not a big deal in BSC.

Tell that to Weber.