Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Eastern
A.K.A.: Humus The Proud

Re: How Bad is the Big Sky Going to Be?

Post by kalm »

JALMOND wrote:
kalm wrote:
I watched this week's game and...gulp, the Cats passing game and Murray looked better than EWU's. The D looked solid too. They're going to win some games this year and could finish above .500.

Weber, UND, and SUU looked good too. Throw in PSU and there's your current top 5.
Sac State is also looking pretty good as well. Just look past the usual suspects (EWU, Montana, Poly).
Not on the Hornet wagon yet. They had 8 first downs and 190 yards against an Idaho team that just got pummeled by UNLV. ICW still hasn't won a non-conference game yet.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

AZGrizFan wrote:
BDKJMU wrote: 1-4, with the one win being from the team that is leaving the Big Sky for MVFC..
why do people keep bringing this up? Like you should get to claim their victory because they're moving???

WTF?
You're right.

It's more appropriate to point out that it was against the worst program in the MVFC.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3
I am a fan of: WEBER STATE
A.K.A.: WILDCAT, WILDCATFAN

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

kalm wrote:
JALMOND wrote:
Sac State is also looking pretty good as well. Just look past the usual suspects (EWU, Montana, Poly).
Not on the Hornet wagon yet. They had 8 first downs and 190 yards against an Idaho team that just got pummeled by UNLV. ICW still hasn't won a non-conference game yet.

We should get a decent idea at how good not only Sacramento State is but how good Weber State is as they square off in Sacramento this coming weekend.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Montana

Post by Silenoz »

kalm wrote:
Silenoz wrote:I only watched two games;

The Griz look exactly like we did last year. Not promising.

Montana State has a good defense. Well, good for the Big Sky. And the worst passing game I have EVER seen in my life. I can't believe we couldn't figure that shit out last year. Embarrassing.
I watched this week's game and...gulp, the Cats passing game and Murray looked better than EWU's. The D looked solid too. They're going to win some games this year and could finish above .500.

Weber, UND, and SUU looked good too. Throw in PSU and there's your current top 5.
I didn't get to watch anything, but based on the box scores I'd pick the Cats over EWU and UM. When's the last time that happened?
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

Silenoz wrote:
kalm wrote:

I didn't get to watch anything, but based on the box scores I'd pick the Cats over EWU and UM. When's the last time that happened?
Griz and EWU seem pretty ordinary this year.
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

JALMOND wrote:
Silenoz wrote: I didn't get to watch anything, but based on the box scores I'd pick the Cats over EWU and UM. When's the last time that happened?
The Griz have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. I'm willing to wait until after the EWU and PSU games to say yay or nay on whether or not it's going to come together.
JALMOND
Level4
Level4
I am a fan of: Portland State
A.K.A.: JALMOND

Post by JALMOND »

Grizalltheway wrote:
JALMOND wrote:
The Griz have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. I'm willing to wait until after the EWU and PSU games to say yay or nay on whether or not it's going to come together.
Griz could recover nicely with wins there. EWU loses, things could be bleak for the Eagles.
AZGrizFan
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sexual Chocolate

Post by AZGrizFan »

clenz wrote:
AZGrizFan wrote:
why do people keep bringing this up? Like you should get to claim their victory because they're moving???

WTF?
You're right.

It's more appropriate to point out that it was against the worst program in the MVFC.
SDSU. Can you say "overrated"?
"Ah fuck. You are right." KYJelly, 11/6/12
"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." Barack Obama, 9/25/12
Mvemjsunpx
Level5
Level5

Post by Mvemjsunpx »

JALMOND wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: The Griz have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. I'm willing to wait until after the EWU and PSU games to say yay or nay on whether or not it's going to come together.
Griz could recover nicely with wins there. EWU loses, things could be bleak for the Eagles.
EWU's gotta beat Fordham, I think. The plus there is that Fordham looks just about as disappointing as Eastern does.
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

JALMOND wrote:
Grizalltheway wrote: The Griz have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball. I'm willing to wait until after the EWU and PSU games to say yay or nay on whether or not it's going to come together.
Yep. You don't go from semi-final talent to no talent.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter
I am a fan of: Sacramento State Hornets

Post by SDHornet »

kalm wrote:
JALMOND wrote:
Yup. Hornets took care of business against a very weak opponent. I will admit they look a lot better than I expected though. Defense dumping Sears' 5-2 and going with a 4-3 has made all the difference so far as the Hornets are creating TOs. Offense...meh. QB is still getting his D1 legs but threw some great passes in stride for TDs last week. We'll see if he can build off of it.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
kalm wrote:

We should get a decent idea at how good not only Sacramento State is but how good Weber State is as they square off in Sacramento this coming weekend.
I expected this game to be an easy win for Weebs heading into the season so long as you guys found a QB. With the Hornets playing like they are and getting this one at home, I think this will be a lot closer now. Should be a pretty good game.
clenz
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by clenz »

AZGrizFan wrote:
clenz wrote: You're right.

SDSU. Can you say "overrated"?
The win was the best Big Sky team - UND
over
The worst MVFC program - Missouri State

South Dakota State still won

You want to talk about overrated? How about #6 EWU putting up 73 yards of total offense over the last 3 quarters of their game and losing 40-13, at home.

How about unranked Montana still be overrated and losing to Washington by 56. Yeah, Washington is pretty good but by gawd.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

SDHornet wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

I expected this game to be an easy win for Weebs heading into the season so long as you guys found a QB. With the Hornets playing like they are and getting this one at home, I think this will be a lot closer now. Should be a pretty good game.

I as a Weber fan have become pretty nervous about the game, regardless of how "bad" Incarnate Word is you guys still put the hurt on them. And are now playing with confidence. Weber on the other hand is coming off an emotional loss and heading into a Stadium where they haven't won since 2008. The Cats looked really good in their loss to California, but was it a fluke or is Weber the real deal? I guess we will see.

Weber has had some surprising players step it up so far this year including our senior quarterback Stefan Cantwell who is 35-58-0 with 594 yards and 3 touchdowns, he has also ran for 88 yards and 2 more touchdowns. Our redshirt freshman WR Rashid Shaheed who had 149 receiving yards, 1 touchdown against Cal. Plus our defense has been pretty solid in our first two games.

Saturday's game just became much more important for both schools.
Silenoz
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Silenoz »

clenz wrote: How about unranked Montana still be overrated and losing to Washington by 56. Yeah, Washington is pretty good but by gawd.
"Pretty good"

Best team we've EVER played, in the history of the program you mean

Not to stick up for the Griz or anything since we'll be another 6-5 or 7-4 team I bet, but let's not pretend we can't just completely throw that game out the window
Grizalltheway
Supporter
Supporter
A.K.A.: DJ Honey BBQ

Post by Grizalltheway »

Silenoz wrote:
clenz wrote: How about unranked Montana still be overrated and losing to Washington by 56. Yeah, Washington is pretty good but by gawd.
"Pretty good"

Not to stick up for the Griz or anything since we'll be another 6-5 or 7-4 team I bet, but let's not pretend we can't just completely throw that game out the window
And how the hell can we be overrated if we aren't ranked and haven't been all season? But I'm sure #21 UNI, who needed OT to beat an average at best Cal Poly, would have given UW all they could handle. :rofl:
kalm
Supporter
Supporter

Post by kalm »

Grizalltheway wrote:
Silenoz wrote: "Pretty good"

And how the hell can we be overrated if we aren't ranked and haven't been all season? But I'm sure #21 UNI, who needed OT to beat an average at best Cal Poly, would have given UW all they could handle. :rofl:
I'd like to come up with a snarky response to these posts but I've got nothing.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Wildcat Ryan wrote: Saturday's game just became much more important for both schools.
More important to Sears more than anyone else. Can't wait 'til he is gone. I'm hoping Orr has the new HC in by Christmas.
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

SDHornet wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote: Saturday's game just became much more important for both schools.
More important to Sears more than anyone else. Can't wait 'til he is gone. I'm hoping Orr has the new HC in by Christmas.

Then you should be hoping for a Weber State win ;) Get him out of there as fast as possible.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

Wildcat Ryan wrote:
SDHornet wrote: More important to Sears more than anyone else. Can't wait 'til he is gone. I'm hoping Orr has the new HC in by Christmas.

Then you should be hoping for a Weber State win ;) Get him out of there as fast as possible.
We got a new AD last spring so I think Sears is gone unless he goes on some magical playoff run...and that ain't gonna happen.
Jjoey52
Level2
Level2

Post by Jjoey52 »

So where does ISU fit in after beating an FBS team? IMHO, they will win a few games this year in conference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

SDHornet wrote:
Wildcat Ryan wrote:

We got a new AD last spring so I think Sears is gone unless he goes on some magical playoff run...and that ain't gonna happen.
Given recent history, I'm afraid that even the NC (which ain't even CLOSE to likely) would be enough to save Sears' job at this point....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.
SDHornet
Supporter
Supporter

Post by SDHornet »

SuperHornet wrote:
SDHornet wrote: We got a new AD last spring so I think Sears is gone unless he goes on some magical playoff run...and that ain't gonna happen.
Given recent history, I'm afraid that even the NC (which ain't even CLOSE to likely) would be enough to save Sears' job at this point....
I :lol: when people think a playoff run will save Sears' job...not because it wouldn't (it probably would), but because that is something the Hornets have never done...and the thought that it "could" happen following two 2-win seasons is downright :rofl:

:coffee:
Wildcat Ryan
Level3
Level3

Post by Wildcat Ryan »

Weber's win over Sac last weekend sure looks a lot more impressive now. Good win by Sac last night
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
SuperHornet
I am a fan of: Sac State

Post by SuperHornet »

SDHornet wrote:
SuperHornet wrote:
I :lol: when people think a playoff run will save Sears' job...not because it wouldn't (it probably would), but because that is something the Hornets have never done...and the thought that it "could" happen following two 2-win seasons is downright :rofl:

:coffee:
Better qualify that, SD. Sac hasn't made a playoff run AT THE D-I LEVEL. The Hornets were in the D-II playoffs at least once during the 80s that I know of, and perhaps more. Sac has also played in minor bowls, too....

SuperHornet's Athletics Hall of Fame includes Jacksonville State kicker Ashley Martin, the first girl to score in a Division I football game. She kicked 3 PATs in a 2001 game for J-State.